test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Matrix Online

spacecowboy3117spacecowboy3117 Member Posts: 55
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Every time you log into Neverwinter its like Neo entering the Matrix after Agent Smith takes over everything.... all you see is the same basic character cloned an infinite number of times.... Even worse for companions. After playing Cryptic's other games, Champions Online and Star Trek Online, its really disappointing ..... especially given STO's level of customization for that game's version of companions. The companion system in Neverwinter is pathetic.
Post edited by spacecowboy3117 on

Comments

• Options
    senuskasenuska Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The prices you pay for free-to-play.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . I do agree that the level of customization no where nearly meets CO or STO, however I completely disagree that all characters look the same. Well, I suppose a lot can if they choose, I chose not to and I haven't seen too many that look like me yet.

attachment.php?attachmentid=4522&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=4512&stc=1

• Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And I refuse to wear a silly helmet on my GF tiefling, pirate hats looks so much better. (related note: ALL helmets look horrible on tieflings. How would they wear one anyway with those horns?)
  • Options
    gergecgergec Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    How would they wear one anyway with those horns?)

^this +1
    lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    spacehoppa79spacehoppa79 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    And I refuse to wear a silly helmet on my GF tiefling, pirate hats looks so much better. (related note: ALL helmets look horrible on tieflings. How would they wear one anyway with those horns?)

Thats one reason why i am so glad there is a hide helm option and a hide amulet/cloak option, all i need now is either tail holes in my cleric armour or a toggle tail off option somewhere cause having a tail sticking through armour (though i do love being a tiefling) drives me absolutely crazy....
  • Options
    spacecowboy3117spacecowboy3117 Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    senuska wrote: »
    The prices you pay for free-to-play.
    Champions online and STO are both Cryptic games, and both Free 2 play. Champions online has the most customizable character creator in any game. STO uses largely the same techniques for character creation. STO also lets you customize EVERYTHING about your 'companions' too..... Which is why Neverwinter feels so cheap with its lame everybody wear the same basic armor with different trimmings BS.... and INFURIATING how companions are treated in Neverwinter
  • Options
    jedizalmjedizalm Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The game is still early into its creation, so as of now, there isnt a whole lot to choose from as far as customization goes. All games come out into beta or full release with rather limited customization. Though letting them know will only push them harder to get more looks out sooner, hopefully.
  • Options
    riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    INFURIATING how companions are treated in Neverwinter

LOL.

If that 'infuriates' you, you need to go see a psychologist. I'm not even joking.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The thing with Champions Online and Star Trek Online is that they are not limited to specific races. So a human has to look like a human, a dwarf has to look like a dwarf, and a tiefling has to look like a tiefling. Comparing the specific races of Star Trek Online to the races of Neverwinter, we are pretty close to their customization option. Clothing is probably the main problem with customization in this game while you can start the game with what clothing you want in Star Trek Online and Champions Online.
  • Options
    mythrildragonmythrildragon Member Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    dem cleric hirelings come off an assembly line you know...

its stupid, why aren't they selling hireling cosmetic kits, and pumping out novelty cash shop outfits for resonable prices, it'd be a goldmine, and thats the kind of thing a cash shop should charge for, not res scrolls and super healing pots.
  • Options
    elawynelawyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    I do agree that the level of customization no where nearly meets CO or STO, however I completely disagree that all characters look the same. Well, I suppose a lot can if they choose, I chose not to and I haven't seen too many that look like me yet.

And I've yet to see anyone that looks like me.

elnwnaxe.jpg
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I find more "infuriating" that my companion has the IQ of a sausage...