test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AFKers in pvp - the most arrogant spineless scum

mrfalrinthmrfalrinth Member Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
They dont respect any other people, so please dont chastise me for not showing respect towards them. They dont deserve respect. Just as criminals who dont give a **** about their victims. AFKers and any other cheaters are digital criminals. Question is: How do we fight them, if developers were nto kind enough to give us ANY reasonable means to fight them. There is no quick-action at interact, all you can do is screw your team's valiant effort of fighting 4vs5 and stay idle for the duration of filing a report... This is no viable option. We need quick way to report them, or even more:

Create a program that will track people's actions in pvp, if they are not fighting, kick them out of pvp and ban for whole day from arena, and drop reinforcement from the queue.

This way game will do action against obvious afking spineless scum and players will take care of the more sophisticated scum bots by reporting them from "interact" window quickly.

Otherwise your pvp will not live trough end of the beta. There will be more and more demoralised kids taking the road of the sociopathic scum.
Post edited by mrfalrinth on

Comments

• mrfalrinthmrfalrinth Member Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    bump. Where the f*ck its going to be addresed? Or shall we all just ****ing afk trough you "pvp"?
  • highropeshighropes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 103
    edited May 2013
    I understeand your frustration, but at the same time this hostile approach is proven to not lead to constructive solutions.

Maybe this is why nobody is responding?

It might be as well the fact that this issue is well known and have been discussed to death last week.

I'd bet developers are looking into it, don't lose your nerves.
    edited May 2013
    highropes wrote: »
    I understeand your frustration, but at the same time this hostile approach is proven to not lead to constructive solutions.

Maybe this is why nobody is responding?

It might be as well the fact that this issue is well known and have been discussed to death last week.

I'd bet developers are looking into it, don't lose your nerves.

When im tired, as i am atm my resistance to frustration is very low. And playing is the only thing that keeps me awaken, while im changing day/night shifts. Anyway... i want BLOODY CRUCIFIXION! I want devs to show me picture of those AFKers in agony. Or some public ban list of the victims of the banhammer. And i want a bloody comfortable report button. Its frustrating enough to play guardian in pvp - now add to this outnumbered situation where you turn into ****ing pinata for enemies.
  • freemind25freemind25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    Wait, I can reel in loads of glory points by just afking in the game? I'll jump to it right now!
  • octopusbreadguyoctopusbreadguy Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is nothing new, it's been happening in various games for years and years.
    edited May 2013
    This is nothing new, it's been happening in various games for years and years.

Yeah but in most games pvp is about larger teams than 5 man. If you take 2 or even 1 of the team members from such a small team its auto-loose. If you take 1 or 2 from 15-man team they still have a chance.
    edited May 2013
    THIS issue shoudl be on the very ****ing top of the issues list to fix. It requires hotfix yestarday! Not in 5 months. In 5 months this game will be long gone from many players HDDs. MMORPG with no pvp in this century is a misunderstunding. And when pvp is a game of which team gets less AFK farming sons of the dogs its no pvp. Its a failure.

If you cant think of any coder from the studio that is capable of brining such system quick, then at least increase number of players to like 10 or 15 so this problem will be less gamebraking.

Or just screw your playerbase, and make them watch AFK farmers standing there when they get their asses handled to them by outnumbering enemy. Very respectful towards your players indeed.
  • inexistinexist Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mrfalrinth wrote: »
    THIS issue shoudl be on the very ****ing top of the issues list to fix. It requires hotfix yestarday! Not in 5 months. In 5 months this game will be long gone from many players HDDs. MMORPG with no pvp in this century is a misunderstunding. And when pvp is a game of which team gets less AFK farming sons of the dogs its no pvp. Its a failure.

If you cant think of any coder from the studio that is capable of brining such system quick, then at least increase number of players to like 10 or 15 so this problem will be less gamebraking.

Or just screw your playerbase, and make them watch AFK farmers standing there when they get their asses handled to them by outnumbering enemy. Very respectful towards your players indeed.

First off, you are obviously a lunatic. Second, it should NOT be on the top of the list of things to address. PvPer's are a small minority of the gaming community. If every single one of you left...no one would even notice. If you came to a PvE game only to demand that PvP gets top priority for patches/hotfixes, you are an idiot. The problem with you hardcore PvPer's is you just can't except the existence of a game that has no PvP. Or at least isn't PvP focused. Grow up and leave the game. No one will care...
  • tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, don't stress out about the afkers, just report them. The GMs are doing a good job in banning afkers aka exploiters.
  • todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I completely agree that AFK-ers are troublesome, but the developers are already aware of this. It's only a matter of time before it is addressed. The Open Beta exists in order to find these sort of exploits, and once a fair amount of time has passed the fix will be punched in right into the game. The devs are there to improve the game for us, and they will. But they also need time to create it and implement new systems like these. :)
  • grtaylorgrtaylor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    inexist wrote: »
    If every single one of you left...no one would even notice. If you came to a PvE game only to demand that PvP gets top priority for patches/hotfixes, you are an idiot.
    Not to be rude but hop down off your **** high horse. I don't ever remember this game being stated as a PvE game, the end zone... of instance has to be won in PvP or has some PvP aspect to it. It is obvious to.. well, I thought... everyone that the dev wanted to have PvP as part of this game. And before anyone says anything, yes... I PvP and yes I also PvE
  • inexistinexist Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    grtaylor wrote: »
    Not to be rude but hop down off your **** high horse. I don't ever remember this game being stated as a PvE game, the end zone... of instance has to be won in PvP or has some PvP aspect to it. It is obvious to.. well, I thought... everyone that the dev wanted to have PvP as part of this game. And before anyone says anything, yes... I PvP and yes I also PvE

You don't remember the MONTHS of development videos, press releases, twitter chats where devs stated time and again that this is a PvE game? The pvp zone was added as a filler content area to keep players amused between epic runs so they can create more content for PvE. If you happen to research any of this, it's quite clear. Maybe the fact that the PvP zone isn't even near completion should have given you a hint. I'm entirely sick of games completely ruined by PvP "balance".
  • hypercubecubehypercubecube Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Somebody is jelly: Swap out daily pvp for daily quest/profession/whatever and add pvp back at 60 with a set of conditions to fill. Or remove the AD reward and 90% of afk's will cease. I don't like having to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> away 30 odd minutes of my time for the currency you need millions of any more then you like me being there
  • yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I agree, nice post.
  • acoil9513acoil9513 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well they could make a 1min afk = kick from the PVP and a instant ban for 1 hour or so.
    This would stop all AFK'ers to make then move and if they have to move they can play aswell.
    If just they made a 1 min afk in PVP they get kicked from the PVP and gain no EXP/Glory and a ban ticket for some time to make them think over what they are doing.
    Or they could make a Score glory/exp gainer. Like glory and exp are increasing the more score you have in pvp this makes you want to play and win in PVP because you want exp or glory, a lot of afk botters already found the best way to AFK and make tons of glory and buy PVP gear and sell it for AD... I think they should Patch this asap :D
  • yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    acoil9513 wrote: »
    Well they could make a 1min afk = kick from the PVP and a instant ban for 1 hour or so.
    This would stop all AFK'ers to make then move and if they have to move they can play aswell.
    If just they made a 1 min afk in PVP they get kicked from the PVP and gain no EXP/Glory and a ban ticket for some time to make them think over what they are doing.
    Or they could make a Score glory/exp gainer. Like glory and exp are increasing the more score you have in pvp this makes you want to play and win in PVP because you want exp or glory, a lot of afk botters already found the best way to AFK and make tons of glory and buy PVP gear and sell it for AD... I think they should Patch this asap :D

First idea would help but is not the complete solution as some people just sit at their computers while "afk" in pvp (they like to talk about how their class sux usually or some other whine), while others could set up movement macros-not sure about that but I know it happens in other mmos.

Linking AD to score might be a good one, but it also has issues- for example some classes can get higher scores just due to the nature of the class or their build.
    edited May 2013
    yasha00 wrote: »
    First idea would help but is not the complete solution as some people just sit at their computers while "afk" in pvp (they like to talk about how their class sux usually or some other whine), while others could set up movement macros-not sure about that but I know it happens in other mmos.

Linking AD to score might be a good one, but it also has issues- for example some classes can get higher scores just due to the nature of the class or their build.

Indeed sir, but of course they don't have to copy the ideas 100% they could use some of it and try to change it abit.
    Like the score they could make GWF's score exp/glory rate a bit higher than TR's etc.
    And yes movement macros but what about a 0 score = ban for some time etc? If they make a movement macro they are just moving but they are not scoring points.
    This were just ideas about something they could think about and try to make something work.
  • timm4444timm4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 363
    edited May 2013
    Somehow when I pug PvP I am always the party leader ( it might have to do with near instant shift-1 press when it pops but I dunno. )

As the leader I say nothing to the rest of the party about afking getting booted, when the score reaches 900 I boot all the afkers. that way they lose time for no rewards. . .

And a lot of angry people have sent me tells after the boot. . .So most of the afkers seem not to be botting at least. . .
    edited May 2013
    timm4444 wrote: »
    Somehow when I pug PvP I am always the party leader ( it might have to do with near instant shift-1 press when it pops but I dunno. )

As the leader I say nothing to the rest of the party about afking getting booted, when the score reaches 900 I boot all the afkers. that way they lose time for no rewards. . .

And a lot of angry people have sent me tells after the boot. . .So most of the afkers seem not to be botting at least. . .

Thank you sir, i might try this out, even at level 60 they are going AFK it makes me so sad that i get teams that i am 1 vs 4 or 1 vs 5 on and i cant do anything and the enemys can even rush into the spawn and stand and kill us in the spawn its so sad :(
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Relax what you need to is what i did today.

Started match realised had afk member. I was the leader. I called him out and he said your losing theres nothing i can do to fix it. Nice guy -we r losing because ur afk. I say lol a rogue says theres nothing you can do in pvp in zone. He comes back with "i could if i wanted to. I could and have carried teams but its quicker to earn glory afking" At that stage our team rages.

Games ending i say You know im leader right and kicked him as it ended. Then you send them a nice pm and add them to ignore.
    edited May 2013
    acoil9513 wrote: »
    Indeed sir, but of course they don't have to copy the ideas 100% they could use some of it and try to change it abit.
    Like the score they could make GWF's score exp/glory rate a bit higher than TR's etc.
    And yes movement macros but what about a 0 score = ban for some time etc? If they make a movement macro they are just moving but they are not scoring points.
    This were just ideas about something they could think about and try to make something work.

I totally agree with you, its a good place to start for sure.
  • phalcon554phalcon554 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well maybe if the PVP was say good? people would not afk so much, as it stands right now its really bad.
  • j0mberwakij0mberwaki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm pretty sure people AFK and stand there before they don't want to even try fighting. Whether it be a system that needs tweaking or not, it's still at the very least 'decent' to try and fight rather than stand there for the duration. I miss SWG PVP.
    4895b885-3d65-48d2-9eb2-d940289d7be4_zps8e4ae678.jpg
    WTB Big-Giant Robot Camels, tbh...
  • hobnobbgreyhobnobbgrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please fix this problem. It is a critical issue for the PvP community.
  • zenraijzenraij Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    inexist wrote: »
    ....... PvPer's are a small minority of the gaming community. ....

A person that makes a sweeping generalization like that (and most of what your post consisted of) without any real data other than anecdotal opinions out of context of the bigger picture... sounds very ignorant. Just saying.

If someone was doing something detrimental, in ANY part of the "whole" game, it should be looked into. Need to stop acting like PvP or PvE for that matter, is a "meta" game or has a "smaller" audience.

There is a lot of player data out there that devs from all companies have access to... and to be honest, in any game (name an MMO you can think of) if the PvP pool was so small you would not see further development of that aspect of the game. But you do. And you will.
  • zenraijzenraij Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    phalcon554 wrote: »
    Well maybe if the PVP was say good? people would not afk so much, as it stands right now its really bad.

No that is not the case. People will try to make the most of their time. Has nothing to do with the state of the game.
  • scoteoscoteo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please Fix this issue! AFK'ers are ruining PVP! Had this happen last night, went up against an entire team that was afk, they just sat at spawn!
    -- Gono 60 GF -- Gonodos 60 TR -- Fromme 60 DC --
    - Dragon Shard
    -
    edited May 2013
    j0mberwaki wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure people AFK and stand there before they don't want to even try fighting. Whether it be a system that needs tweaking or not, it's still at the very least 'decent' to try and fight rather than stand there for the duration. I miss SWG PVP.

They are going AFK to make free glory points or free exp for doing nothing, look at reddit its all over the place about people standing afk in PVP making free glory points because they use extra glory points enchantments in gear and then they just buy CM pvp gear and sell it because it have a lot of recovery. Easy way to make AD.
    edited May 2013
    scoteo wrote: »
    Please Fix this issue! AFK'ers are ruining PVP! Had this happen last night, went up against an entire team that was afk, they just sat at spawn!

That screen shot looks like some of those afk players may be the same person using different accounts and multiboxing. That is a really worrying trend if so, because it just totally destroys the game.
    edited May 2013
    deleted -double post.