What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Three things on your wishlist

Comments

• Options
    kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1-Better roll system, where you could only greed on an item if it's not for your class.
    2-Better group finder, where you queue for a role in your party.
    3-Better AH
    These would be major QoL improvements imo.
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    1: More SUB classes, specifically melee Cleric
    2: Less forced currency buying
    3: Same service to the rest of the world as US Americans
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    rogosh69rogosh69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1) more classes
    2) less trash in dungeons
    3) Better boss fights than just aoe down the adds .
  • Options
    viith3003viith3003 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, forgot to add one more, but this is more for the forums than the game:

A seperate PVP black hole forum. Please direct all "nerf ___", "classes need to be balanced", "my class sucks because I can't beat ___" and "___ are overpowered/underpowered" posts to this forum. Come to think of it, then there would probably only be like 50 posts total on the forums at any given time.
  • Options
    healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This will be more than a 3 list. These issues are extremely important for release.

1) Something special for OB players on release of actual game. Maybe a free power/feat respec.
    2) More game events, not a buy 1 get one free. Dungeon to win certain items from the zen shop.
    3) More PvP Maps and modes including proper Character Balance.
    4) Allow more character creation spots.
    5) Allow Companions to all level to 30 so they aren't useless.
    6) Add new horses that run at 180% movement speed bought from the stables.
    7) Reduce long raids that just spams a bunch of mobs, makes it boring and pointless.
    8) Reduce amount of ads in raids, make it so the boss is very challenging and mobs aren't the main focus.
    9) Add 2 more actual skills to fit in the bar. I am a priest and can only Shield, Heal, Heal/Debuff. No space for damage over 2k...
    10) Lowered Zen Prices for specific items.

We already are expecting new classes, dungeons, raids, quests, etc. so no point in saying what is already to be done. Seriously this top ten list is mostly what the game needs atm. Don't state the obvious.
  • Options
    korak666korak666 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. More Classes & Sub classes.
    2. Drow for everyone.
    3. Adding more regions of the forgotten realms in the future (Cormyr, Netheril,etc`).
  • Options
    mrmensamrmensa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A chance to reset the skill points atleast once per char.

Items should look different, i have a rouge and all the items are the same.

and a bigger bank.
  • Options
    jpowers72jpowers72 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    selvec wrote: »
    I take it you never played a bard in NWN? If you know how to build them, bard can be the strongest class in FR.

Nope, just remembered that clips from movie about D&D players ;)
  • Options
    wolfel1wolfel1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First, I love the combat in this game!

With that out of the way, my wishlist:

1. Paladin class.
    2. More open world + flying mounts.
    3. Player headtracking. (I know it may seem petty, but it's one of those little things that makes a big difference for immersion).
    4. Have the "S" key cause the player or player's mount to walk backward rather than turning around 180 degrees. (Would be very helpful in combat situations especially).
    5. Walk/run toggle key. (I found out how to bind it on these forums, but it should still be standard. Yes, I walk sometimes.
    6. Keys for the Nightmare boxes in loot drops.
    7. Mailboxes instead of the courier, whom I have yet to successfully locate.
    8. More armor and weapon models.
    9. Barbershop where we can change our hair color and style.
    10. Astral diamonds? Why? Why not plain old coin? And why are astral diamonds worth only a fraction of a copper piece?
    11. Pay to play, with the bi-monthly pre-paid cards like WoW has. Eliminate ZEN. Let people play for free to level 20 and obtain their first mount; that's enough time to get 'em hooked.
    12. More music variety.
  • Options
    mistformsquirrelmistformsquirrel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    1. Monks - Ever since I started playing NW I've been craving the ability to play a Monk.

2. More weapon variety within each class. Great Weapon fighter really should have more options than Greatsword, for example.

3. Ways to get crafting tools other than Profession Boosters. Having to spend Zen (whether bought with real money or ADs) for a random chance at maybe getting the tool I need is pretty irritating; and the prices on the AH are pretty darn high.

Check out my Champions Online webcomic in progress!

Annoying people since 2009!
  • Options
    vickeryjdvickeryjd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A passive healing, out of combat regeneration. As the bad guys will re-spawn at full health, you should not have to burn potions, drop alters, casts spells or find a camp fire to heal.
  • Options
    wolfel1wolfel1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vickeryjd wrote: »
    A passive healing, out of combat regeneration. As the bad guys will re-spawn at full health, you should not have to burn potions, drop alters, casts spells or find a camp fire to heal.

This too. Or just make the altar a spell/power with a cooldown rather than a consumable item.
  • Options
    firelordzx5firelordzx5 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll considered that there are more races and class incoming, also you all are rushing, this is the open beta for Gods sake!
    Few classes and races are expected in a beta!
    my list:

1) make dyes cost gold instead of zen.
    2) more customization options in the character creator.
    3) Alternative animation for Control Wizard.
    4) Cross Classes.
    5) Shapeshifting this was possible in NWN, we should be capable too, especially Wizards (polymorph)
    6) Playable Lycanthropes or similars.
    7) boss option for foundry
    8) Raid option for foundry
    9) New Races SHOULDN'T be for C-Store.
    10) Guild Halls (Also customizable with the foundry or similar.(should be a good option for STO (starbase and Starship interiors)))

Be glad, people, there will more unique classes instead of copypastas, but it's take time.
  • Options
    vylent2vylent2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    - Make me a dev(or someone whos words are taken seriously) so that i can help turn this into a proper D&D experience. Idk why they had to go and screw with a working formula.... everything was done and waiting for them to transfer it into a video game.
    - Rework stats on gear. Recovery,movement, deflection, and power... these are things that shouldnt be common on gear. Dmg should have a huge part to do with stat allocation and weapon dmg(not a power stat). Defence should be heavily focused around dodging(stat) or AC. Dont list defence on the gear like its some enchant, buff, or anything like a magic effect.
    - Make classes restricted to the role they are supposed to fill. Alot of people are confused with what their class is supposed to do. CW is a controller not dps.
  • Options
    healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Also, make it so that people can join mid game in a PvP match so its not 3v5 or 4v5.
  • Options
    elminbanelminban Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1.) The ability for my Drow Wizard to use a rapier and a 1 handed crossbow.

2.) The ability to multiclass.

3.) Skills from the official 4e DnD skill list like hide and arcane lore etc.
    2.jpg
  • Options
    evilkinglarryevilkinglarry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    elminban wrote: »
    2.) The ability to multiclass.

Pretty sure I recall multiclassing in 4E was about useless. I think it worked by having the second class take the spot of your paragon path. and since you had such a small number of powers you could have memorized you really didn't get much benefit. NW suffer from the same issue. Not enough power slots.

I'd also be worried you'd end up seeing a lot of exclusionary attitudes. FFXi had a lot of that with the sub jobs. If you didn't have the optimal main/sub you might as well not even bother trying to do anything.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    1) Class balance.
    2) Class balance.
    3) Class balance.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    truegamer0truegamer0 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. More free character slots. (Two is such a low number, give the poor a bit more.)
    2. More classes/races.
    3. More armor variation.

Don't see why I should put class balance as its given that it'll happen either way.
  • Options
    goliathphoxgoliathphox Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Ranger (Archery) Class - It just isn't a true RPG without this option. Please make them just as awesome as the other classes.
    2. More gore (I like my heros to be able to really cut through dungeon monsters)
    3. True free to play. Everything item should be unlockable as you progress. You will have people that pay premiums still, but give the dedicated free to play customers the option of buying with in game cash. If people feel that your game is Pay to Win, they will search for another game.
  • Options
    kazzrethkazzreth Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    1) Class balance.
    2) Class balance.
    3) Class balance.

Seems like you know what you want.
    Your chance - save money on shopping
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    evilkinglarryevilkinglarry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    1) Class balance.
    2) Class balance.
    3) Class balance.

I'm always a bit put off by these calls for balance. In PvP I can understand the frustration. But I'm of the mind set that balancing the classes out is a mistake and would take away from the game in the long run. Strikers should always be top tier dmg. That is what they are for. That is actually the only thing they are for really. Leaders for the most part are always buffing and healing. they shouldn't be able to stand toe to toe with the other more dmg'ing builds.

Do some classes and powers need reworking? Absolutely. For one, the threat mechanic seems nothing more than a joke.

and so as to add to the thread instead of just offtopic'ing

1) Ditch the loot drop mechanic from mobs and bosses and instead have them drop crafting mats
    2) Make a crafting system worth using
    3) add WAY more weapon and armor models.

Never could wrap my head around a loot drop mechanic and a crafting system in the same game. They both serve the same purpose and for the most part one is so inferior that it is next to pointless. Usually it is the crafting system.

Edit: 4) to be able to change characters without needing to fully log out of the game...
  • Options
    raaizeraaize Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Reduction in pricing for removing enchants. The AD costs is absurd.

2. Some way to transfer AD and Gold between Alts

3. AH search that actually works correctly.

Oh and of course CLASS BALANCE in PVP or at the very least some way to curb the amount of afk'ing in PVP.
  • Options
    daowacedaowace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm going to consolidate a bunch of things into one to exploit this question!

1) The rest of the DnD races/classes. (classes most important; I am eagerly awaiting barbarian, battle cleric and a paladin archetype)
    2) Things that have been added to MMORPGs over the last few years (you know what they are). There is no excuse why features, even basic features, are missing in Neverwinter. It's not like this has been in development since vanilla WoW.
    2a) To pick one: It'd be the loot system. GW2 did it right. Everyone can use every resource node, open every chest, etc., and everyone gets their own personal share of loot. No need to fight over anything, not even monsters, as if you contribute, you get rewarded.
    3) Fix the bugs, jesus christ. So many things broken in the game despite a reasonably long beta period.

If I could break the rules:

4) Remove the integral part of the cash shop from the game. This is ruining the experience.
    5) The crafting system is ripped right from those 'free' web games (you know, the ones that took off after Evony got big, like Farmville!) This needs to go; yet another thing ruining the experience.
    6) Lack of content. Complete lack of content. The foundry system is a band-aid solution to cover up the fact that they released the game far earlier than they should.
    7) Did I mention the lack of features of things in other MMOs?
    8) OH GOD SO MUCH MORE, but I will stop here.
  • Options
    edwardloxaredwardloxar Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    7. Dyes to make Helms, hats and hoods invisible. I need the gear but would rather not see it.

C -Click the "head" option - Disable visuals. sorted
  • Options
    kajakeenkajakeen Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Account wide currency and mounts. It's silly having to relog and transfer stuff all over the place right now. Especially the AD.
    2. Class specific loot restrictions and AFK timers in PvP/Dungeons.
    3. A pet class! (Necromancer/Warlock)
  • Options
    courtseecourtsee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Priority One: Dungeons with bosses that have a little more of a "challenge". By a challenge I don't mean a ton of adds and health and that hit really hard. I mean bosses with interesting and different mechanics that players will need to learn and work around in order to kill the boss.

Priority Two: Rangers.

Priority Three: Effective threat tables.

I'm throwing in a fourth priority because I can't choose between this one and my third one...

Priority Four: Less "cookie-cutter" builds. I want to be able to play my character in different ways. I want the ability to roll around with different abilities than most other people and still FEEL effective.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kajakeen wrote: »
    1. Account wide currency and mounts. It's silly having to relog and transfer stuff all over the place right now. Especially the AD.
    2. Class specific loot restrictions and AFK timers in PvP/Dungeons.
    3. A pet class! (Necromancer/Warlock)

Warlock isn't a pet class in 4E. The Builds that are pet related are: Beastmaster Ranger, Any of the four Shaman builds, and the Summoner Wizard and Summoner Druid are kind of pet classes. though their pets are temporary.
  • Options
    gnome08gnome08 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    flayedawg wrote: »
    First priority: BARDS.

Second priority: See Priority #1.

Third Priority: If you still haven't got the message, re-read Priority #1.

Priority one ^

2: Gnomes.

3: Gnome Bard

I need nothing else for infinite sustainment and enjoyment of an mmo than gnomes and bards.

if I could be a gnome bard cryptic.... shutup and take my money
  • Options
    thaldristhaldris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Assault Swordmage (I would also settle for a Hexblade Warlock)
    2. More diverse weapons and armor styles
    3. Zen companions that are either account-wide or cost less zen than they currently do
    "I start fightin' a war, I guarantee, you'll see somethin' new."