test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

<Waterdeep Trade Company> RP-PVE Guild l Mindflayer Shard l

wheatbunonswisswheatbunonswiss Member Posts: 15 Arc User
Treasure.

Everybody loves treasure.

Waterdeep Trade Company is a business focusing on the reclamation of various old tombs, dungeons, and crypts long since abandoned to the various beasts or demons that inhabit them. With a location recently opening in Neverwinter, our store provides magical items and trinkets for reasonable prices to even the most frugal of adventurers. And of course, all of our items are inspected and given pass by the always valiant, ever vigilant Neverwinter Guard.

Due to our expansion into Neverwinter, we have begun hiring. Waterdeep Trade Company is looking for experienced warriors, those of arcane power, or even just a good enchanter to join our ranks. Our business is within the Protector's Enclave, open from dusk until dawn. Take an application below, and bring it in.

(To ensure we get your application, apply both here and at our site: http://waterdeeptradecompany.enjin.com/home)

((Please put in game name +handle (Rihadrin Belsk@wheatbunonswiss, for example) in your application, thank you!))

1. If people were two-dimensional enough to be defined by an alignment, what would yours be? (IE: Chaotic Good, Lawful Evil, Etc)

2. What sort of job are you looking for within our company? If you are unsure, would you best describe yourself as a "Warrior", a "Smooth Talker", or a "Scholar", etc?

3. What is your current profession? (IE: Control Wizard, Great Weapon Fighter,etc)

4. Are you capable of taking orders?

5. Do you have a criminal record?

6. What race do you identify as? (IE: Elven, Human, Dwarven, etc)

7. If confronted by ten highwaymen on a return trip from a successful recovery operation, your cart loaded with magical wares, what would you do?

8. Are you capable of self defense?

9. Are you of nobility?

10. Do you currently or have you ever served in a city’s military/guard/defense force?

11. What makes you a desirable hire for the Waterdeep Trade Company?

((Please both PM and Post if you are applying. All accepted applicants will be met in-game to hash out IC payment and your job within our "company". Thank you.))

----

OOC:

Hey everyone! I'm Lokaia, guild Co-founder and IC Co-owner of Waterdeep Trade Company. While I'm still a bit tied up with school, Rihad has graciously taken a lot of initiative with getting the guild up and running. I'm trying to get caught up with homework as quickly as possible, in order to spend more time in-game and getting to interact with the guild's new faces.

As mentioned above, please submit your application through the guild's website: http://waterdeeptradecompany.enjin.com/home.

It's a very easy way for both of us to access and review applicants. If possible, I would recommend being a little more descriptive than just giving single-word or partial sentence answers. The whole purpose is for us to get a general feel for your character, in order to gauge if they'd fit well within the guild's structure.

Please don't hesitate to contact either of us if you have any additional questions or comments about the application, guild, or roleplay in general. We look forward to hearing from you!
Post edited by wheatbunonswiss on

Comments

• wheatbunonswisswheatbunonswiss Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ((Should anyone need to contact me in-game, my handle is Rihadrin Belsk@wheatbunonswiss))
  • foolishhumanistfoolishhumanist Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Application PM'd.
    edited May 2013
    Messaged received, followup message inbound.
  • nightgaardnightgaard Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ((This sounds great. I am curious, however, as to the level of RP required in your guild -- ie. Heavy, Medium, Light? I enjoy RP, but admit that I don't RP 100% of the time. Really, any more info regarding RP expectations and atmosphere would be great! Also, I need a little time to brush up on the lore... been a long time since I've participated in DnD RP.))
    edited May 2013
    @Nightgaard.

We are best described as a medium to light RP guild, and enjoy OOC hanging out/questing/leveling just as much as RP. Our atmosphere is about that of your typical PG-13 Action Film. We tend to shy away from things overtly dark (sexual assault, torture, etc), but will enjoy a serious plot line now and again!

I hope that helps.
  • nightgaardnightgaard Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That helps a lot, thanks!
  • wildkaylawildkayla Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi! Just wanted to make a post here to let you know that I'm very interested in joining! I'm new to Neverwinter and just started playing, but I'll work up some kind of personality/backstory for my character and put in an application soon. :)
    edited May 2013
    wildkayla wrote: »
    Hi! Just wanted to make a post here to let you know that I'm very interested in joining! I'm new to Neverwinter and just started playing, but I'll work up some kind of personality/backstory for my character and put in an application soon. :)

That's very exciting to hear! If you don't have much backstory set up yet, never worry, half the time that sorta stuff gets hashed out as you play and learn what you want your character to be.

I'll be getting back with other PM's today.

-Rihad
  • alectusalectus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Application sent!
  • kypdabombkypdabomb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A This should be prefaced with the knowledge that your applicant did not fill this out himself, rather, he asked it of me after preventing a few young men from seizing my goods. As I’m not sure he’ll have references, this young vale-ling seems like a good fit for physical work, and he’s intensely handy. I’d love to take him on myself, but as a scholar, I’m afraid I’d have little use.

Sincerely, Stephan Alsworth

1. If people were two-dimensional enough to be defined by an alignment, what would yours be? (IE: Chaotic Good, Lawful Evil, Etc)

He doesn't understand this question, I'm afraid to say, but he doesn't sound like such a bad one, and he helped me. Lawful Neutral, Lawful good depending on how one looks at his upbringing as a tribesman.

2. What sort of job are you looking for within our company? If you are unsure, would you best describe yourself as a "Warrior", a "Smooth Talker", or a "Scholar", etc?

Warrior.

3. What is your current profession? (IE: Control Wizard, Great Weapon Fighter,etc)

Judging from his shield, I'd say Guardian Fighter

Yes.

He started talking about what sounded like a triabl dispute, but I don't understand orcish customs .
    Maybe.

His mother was human, and his father was an Orc, poor woman. Half-Orc

7. If confronted by ten highwaymen on a return trip from a successful recovery operation, your cart loaded with magical wares, what would you do?

He didn't say much here, just that he’d fight if he was told to. You might want to ask him in person.

8. Are you capable of self-defense?

Yes.

9. Are you of nobility?

He mentioned that his father was the patriarch of his tribe for a time, but an Orc Chieftain doesn't exactly sit on a city treasury chair.

10. Do you currently or have you ever served in a city’s military/guard/defense force?

He claims to be a hunter for his tribe, hunting what, it was not clear.

He understands little of the way the rest of society works, and his armor is obviously ill fitting but his eyes betray a mind behind them. For an orc, he seems abit runty, smaller than those monsters you hear described from the townsguard, but he’s lean and possesses sword with some idea how to use it. Of all the creatures that could have come to my aid, I did not expect an orc to be the one that responded, though he did, and now I am filling out this form for him. If he can fight the way he did just now, I would be careful about making him an enemy.

((I hope this format is alright, I had to work around the fact that IC Kyp doesn't know how to write well enough to fill this out without hilarious misspellings like "Hewman". On an OOC note, I read that it was supposed to be written and pmed, but I haven't seen any other posts so if I need to delete this let me know. ))
  • niliscnilisc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Application sent too!
  • bookwyrmmbookwyrmm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 94
    edited May 2013
    OOC:

Couple of quick questions for you, as you have intrigued me.

1) What is the current size of the guild?
    2) What size are you aiming for?
    3) Any long term goals you can share?
    "Not all those who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien
  • sorunesorune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Aaaand one more application PMed.
    edited May 2013
    bookwyrmm wrote: »
    OOC:

Couple of quick questions for you, as you have intrigued me.

1) What is the current size of the guild?
    2) What size are you aiming for?
    3) Any long term goals you can share?

1) We're currently not very large at all.
    2) We don't aim to be, though. We prefer more focused, individualistic-oriented RP. We also are a little on the stingy side with who we accept, though we are willing to help work with new RP'ers if we see potential/ a willingness to learn.
    3) We currently already have a guild-wide story event in mind and in the works, which will take place through foundry quests and RP events. We plan to have our guild site up and running by Tuesday night. Our guild is run primarily by average people, jobs, schools, etc, take precedent over RP, but there should always be an officer or I available to help you as needed.

EDIT: I think I've replied to all applications I've received. I've noticed that every question after 9 is cut out in PM's, so when you apply, send everything after that in it's second PM.

-Rihad
  • bunglermoosebunglermoose Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Application sent!
    Rascal Nibbs
    Trickster Rogue
    ~Mindflayer~
  • bunglermoosebunglermoose Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rascal Nibbs

Chaotic Neutral

Let’s just say I’m in “acquisitions”.

Trickster Rogue

Oh, I’m plenty capable. Now, whether or not I’m willing to really just depends on the coin involved. I can be quite the obedient little Rascal if the price is right.

That’s an insulting question. I’ve never been caught doing anything illegal in my whole life!

Halfling.

I’d likely let them have that cart, as it’s full of nothing but rocks. A second cart carrying the real magical items would have been trailing a cautious distance behind. If you want to avoid getting taken by thieves, you have to think like a thief. Or, you know, be one. That helps, too.

Oh, aye. With a mouth like mine, you have to learn early how to pay that bill.

9. Are you of nobility?

Now that you mention it, I’m something of a king. ‘Course, my realm only extends about a foot around me at any given time. But I ain’t likely to be deposed… unless I depose myself.

I’ve been known to do a job or two for the proper authorities but never in what you’d call an “official” capacity.

I’m quick on my feet, I've got an eye for the sparklies, and I’m damned handsome.

(( Oh, and my handle is @bunglerm00se ))
    Rascal Nibbs
    Trickster Rogue
    ~Mindflayer~
  • neosentryneosentry Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Adrik Spiritforged

"Lawful Good"

"Dugeoneer, Surveyor, Merchant, Appraiser, Warrior."

"Guardian Fighter"

"Yes"

"No"

"Dwarf"

"Secure the wares, crush any threat to operation and see foe driven before you. An inventory check should be performed to account for all goods. Any loss or damage should be noted. Scout ahead for any threats"

"Aye, very capable"

9. Are you of nobility?

"Noble by heart and action, not by a vain pedigree written on dainty parchment!"

"I've defended the dwarven citidels of the north on many a fortnight. Adbar, Felbarr, And Mithral Hall still stand because of my shield and my will"

"I have strong ties with dwarven trade in the north. Your company would make an well needed affiliate for dwarven interest. In return I shall offer you my services. I have stout heart, a sturdy build, a shield few can get pass, and I feel right at home in any dungeon or tomb."
    edited May 2013
    neosentry wrote: »
    Adrik Spiritforged

"Lawful Good"

"Dugeoneer, Surveyor, Merchant, Appraiser, Warrior."

"Guardian Fighter"

"Yes"

"No"

"Dwarf"

"Secure the wares, crush any threat to operation and see foe driven before you. An inventory check should be performed to account for all goods. Any loss or damage should be noted. Scout ahead for any threats"

"Aye, very capable"

9. Are you of nobility?

"Noble by heart and action, not by a vain pedigree written on dainty parchment!"

"I've defended the dwarven citidels of the north on many a fortnight. Adbar, Felbarr, And Mithral Hall still stand because of my shield and my will"

"I have strong ties with dwarven trade in the north. Your company would make an well needed affiliate for dwarven interest. In return I shall offer you my services. I have stout heart, a sturdy build, a shield few can get pass, and I feel right at home in any dungeon or tomb."

((Could I get an in-game handle from you? Thanks!

-Rihad))
    edited May 2013
    http://waterdeeptradecompany.enjin.com/recruitment

Please fill out applications via the site, thank you!

-Rihad
  • quixxorquixxor Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OOC:

Hey everyone! I'm Lokaia, guild Co-founder and IC Co-owner of Waterdeep Trade Company. While I'm still a bit tied up with school, Rihad has graciously taken a lot of initiative with getting the guild up and running. I'm trying to get caught up with homework as quickly as possible, in order to spend more time in-game and getting to interact with the guild's new faces.

As mentioned above, please submit your application through the guild's website: http://waterdeeptradecompany.enjin.com/home.

It's a very easy way for both of us to access and review applicants. If possible, I would recommend being a little more descriptive than just giving single-word or partial sentence answers. The whole purpose is for us to get a general feel for your character, in order to gauge if they'd fit well within the guild's structure.

Please don't hesitate to contact either of us if you have any additional questions or comments about the application, guild, or roleplay in general. We look forward to hearing from you!
    edited May 2013
    Just wanted to note that Rihad is out on vacation until this weekend, so we're postponing any in-game meetings until he returns. Thank you for your patience!
  • boerewors2boerewors2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How many active GMT players do you have? Apologies for asking but I am tired of joining guild after guild only to find 5 or less people on at 8pm GMT+1.
    sig2_zps464af9a0.jpg
    "Salvation may be found through service. Every failure of duty diminishes Torm and every success adds to his luster. Strive to maintain law and order."
    edited May 2013
    While we have a very varied amount of timezones in our guild, we are rather choosy with who we bring on board. Five people active is about our average right now, which may not be up to your liking.

-Rihad.
  • sinfaloresinfalore Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Probably something along the lines of Chaotic Good. I hate to see the good taken down by others, but I feel like too many rules are a detriment to free operation.

Delver of the Deeps, Tradeswoman, Diplomat when necessary, and Cat Burglar on occasion. They all deserved it though.

Trickster Rogue

I'm capable of both taking and following orders. As long as I have a little leeway in what I'm taking or following.

Not in Neverwinter.

Elven

Considering that any route that I'd be bringing something as valuable as a cart loaded full of magical goods on would have been cleared previously, I'd imagine that I'd be rather surprised at first. Then I would try to talk the highwaymen down and inform them about just what the magnitude of a mistake of that nature would be. If that didn't work bribery is always an option. And if we couldn't come to a deal... well, it wouldn't be the first time I'd have blood on my blades.

Of course. Few who attack me retain the ability to continue walking without bedrest first.

9. Are you of nobility?

Some would consider all Elves noble. But am I royalty? No.

10. Do you currently or have you ever served in a city
    edited May 2013
    PM'd @sinfalore
    edited May 2013
    Hello! We've been receiving a decent number of applications through our official site, and it is much appreciated. However, to keep our thread from drowning in a sea of well, other threads, please post when you've sent an application, it'd be much appreciated.

-Rihad
  • bahnfmbahnfm Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have applied.
    edited May 2013
    Thanks bahnfm! One of us will PM you after we've reviewed it!
    edited May 2013
    <Waterdeep Trade Company> Now has it's own mumble server, open to all members.

-Rihad.
  • spalealspaleal Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Application sent -- from an angry dwarf