test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fleeing NPC, untargettable by encounters

mordrekmordrek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Hello fellow developpers!

I'm currently working on a campain, and on my second act, I have one of the important character fleeing the player in a dungeon. But whenever I let the NPC do its One Way Patrol, he gets attacked by monsters, and stop doing the patrol.

The goal is that the fleeing character spawns monsters behind him, and the player cannot reach him until the end of the dungeon. But he should be able to see him turning corners and things like that.

Currently, the protagonist is an NPC doing a One Way Patrol, and each part is triggered by a marker.
As for the monsters, a marker also triggers them whenever the player gets near.

Another question, it seems that the Patrolling (feet per second) doesn't work on the One Way patrol. Anyone has any idea why?

Thank you very much.

Moribela.
My Foundry Campain
NWS-DA9D7G6NM

The White Herald

Act 1 : The Stolen Artefact
Act 2 : Chasing the Herald
Post edited by mordrek on

Comments

• Options
    luther8luther8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mordrek wrote: »
    Hello fellow developpers!

I'm currently working on a campain, and on my second act, I have one of the important character fleeing the player in a dungeon. But whenever I let the NPC do its One Way Patrol, he gets attacked by monsters, and stop doing the patrol.

The goal is that the fleeing character spawns monsters behind him, and the player cannot reach him until the end of the dungeon. But he should be able to see him turning corners and things like that.

Currently, the protagonist is an NPC doing a One Way Patrol, and each part is triggered by a marker.
    As for the monsters, a marker also triggers them whenever the player gets near.

Another question, it seems that the Patrolling (feet per second) doesn't work on the One Way patrol. Anyone has any idea why?

Thank you very much.

Moribela.

I have never been able to get the feet per second to work on anything, triggers might be you're best bet plus patrol seems a bit broken on live server, I know when in Author mode my patrols work perfect except out after its published they bounce all over the place.

maybe focus only on corners where he only needs a second to vanish from view that should give a good effect maybe.
    The Adventures of Sherlock Colms

Quest I
    The Mysteries at Fang Ridge!
    Short code: NW-DGTN72HYL
  • Options
    mordrekmordrek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That is what I was about to do. I was just hoping for a better solution.

Oh well, thanks anyway :)
    My Foundry Campain
    NWS-DA9D7G6NM

The White Herald

Act 1 : The Stolen Artefact
    Act 2 : Chasing the Herald
  • Options
    fuglnfugln Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    I guess one solution would be to use invisible walls between your fleeing NPC and the monsters.
    Little Red Cap and the Bad Wolf
    ID: NW-DC42XFJ5B
    Author: @Fugln
    Quest
    Tag: #Combat, #story, #GROUP

NWS-DA213JHNY - The Shadows of the Sword Coast
    NW-DE6UU7ZQA - Chapter One - A Fool's Errand.
    Author: @Fugln
    Tag: #Story #Solo #Group #Humor.
  • Options
    narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Invisible walls would be about the only way to get it to work. If its a 1 time quick event you could make the wall appear while he runs then disapear when he gets away so that your players do not run into the wall.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread