test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I got all pvp gear, since I don't like pve, is that it then? I won the game? :xD

2»

Comments

• darksideburgodarksideburgo Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So if you only like PVP, then.... PVP? I find PVP fun and enjoyable, and been sticking to mostly that. If all you've done is PVP you likely dont have "Very Rare" pieces for rings/neck/belt. So you can continue to PVP to sell PVP gear to buy these remanining pieces.
  • kernaughkernaugh Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    He has got a good point. Why are u telling him to PVP if he only likes pvp..that doesnt make pvp good. I started this game only a few days ago but I have already seen all I can in pvp (except for higher lvl classes but u get my point).
    If i get to 60 and all there is is mindless domination on 2 maps with no overall record, no points, no rankings, no "glory" to really make, i would most likely quit pretty fast.

Have devs made any real announcements about where do they plan to go with pvp? Its an action based game, and if they just balance pvp and add some arena battles 2v2/3v3/partyVSparty, with some real glory to gain it will be great.
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kernaugh wrote: »
    He has got a good point. Why are u telling him to PVP if he only likes pvp..that doesnt make pvp good. I started this game only a few days ago but I have already seen all I can in pvp (except for higher lvl classes but u get my point).
    If i get to 60 and all there is is mindless domination on 2 maps with no overall record, no points, no rankings, no "glory" to really make, i would most likely quit pretty fast.

Have devs made any real announcements about where do they plan to go with pvp? Its an action based game, and if they just balance pvp and add some arena battles 2v2/3v3/partyVSparty, with some real glory to gain it will be great.

Game is PVE based. It has been stated multiple times. I wouldn't expect any updates to PVP any time soon. Why not play a pvp focused game for pvp?
  • kernaughkernaugh Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just out of curiosity, can u name a couple of pvp focused games please ? Cuz every mmo but 1 (KO) I played are PvE focused.
  • nudracnudrac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You're obviously not a "Pvper" if you quit after you get fully geared...
  • aggranoxaggranox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Y'all are buying into - and currently feeding and maintaining a troll.

For a "hardcore" PVP'er to talk about going back to GW2....well...there's no hardcore pvp there.

Or talk about going back to PS2...which is a FPS cash shop shooter.

So y'all bought into it - hook, line and sinker.

Stop supporting trolls.

Aggy™
  • syllphsyllph Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aggranox wrote: »
    Y'all are buying into - and currently feeding and maintaining a troll.

For a "hardcore" PVP'er to talk about going back to GW2....well...there's no hardcore pvp there.

Or talk about going back to PS2...which is a FPS cash shop shooter.

So y'all bought into it - hook, line and sinker.

Stop supporting trolls.

Aggy™

Everything said here, plus the guy just keeps saying gotta go guys I'm gonna play (insert another game here) then stays on this post, continuing to post. Just ignore him and move on.
  • biobrainbiobrain Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It makes me wonder after reading this if Foundry will able to make a PvP map.
  • kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited May 2013
    pantamime wrote: »
    Right now for about 80% of the TR community the point is to be a troll with smoke bomb crash exploit.

**** scrubs.

Can't wait for that to be fixed and all these hacks who depend on the bug to get wins will start losing the games they're supposed to lose.

From what I understand it a bug requiring both a CW choke and a TR smoke bomb. The problem is every match got CW & TR in it.

Anyway to OP this cleary is not the game for you then why not run back to CoD
  • solarnwsolarnw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    inzababa wrote: »

but I really can't see a point in pvping?

OP said it all and still you lot get baited...

/close
  • x0y1x0y1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tsts of course there is more to do, did you not read your mail from cryptic.

Gauntlgrym has been uncovered. The ancient ruins of Gauntlgrym have been found! It is time to prove your allegiance to the Delzoun Explorers faction or Luskan Corsairs faction. Enter the Iron Tabernacle and battle your way to victory in a massive conflict. Success unlocks a special PvP battleground known as The Armories of Moradin. The winner of the battleground opens faction access to the 5-person dungeon Fardelver Crypt or Crypt of the Dwarf King to earn items like the Gladiator Mage's Gloves, High Prophet's Helm and Vigilant Warlord's Scale.

You have even quest for it.

gauntlgrymtdup0.jpg

Oh wait, nevermind the removed the 20v20 zone. I guess you need to wait for the next content patch then. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile in a other universe.
    Based on BioWare's pre-launch metrics, the team expected players to get through the content in three or four months. This assessment might seem obviously wrong to an experienced MMO player, but we are talking about a game with extensive voiceover and literally thousands of cinematic cutscenes adding up to about 170 to 180 hours of content. So the devs anticipated that TOR would take more consecutive days to complete than the average MMO. But according to BioWare's metrics, players were tearing through the content an average of 40 hours a week; some players spent more than 120 hours a week in the game. "Within four and five weeks, we suddenly had close to a half a million people at the endgame," Ohlen said. "It was something we didn't expect at all." Players were unsatisfied and began to exit the game.
    Back in Neverwinter, huh our players are already lvl 60 and in full tier 1/1.5(pvp)/2 gear. Hm. what did we miss. :p
  • dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would have figured that once you had all your gear that would be when PVP is at its best. Now you are always either superior or equally geared, never undergeared and therefore never inherently disadvantaged. That is when you should feel most competitive, and rewarded for your time. Stopping at the end of the gear treadmill is a PVE move.
  • pennywiise82pennywiise82 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    inzababa wrote: »
    well, there isn't anything else to do is there?

and if I got all the gear, that means I farmed the glory, which means that yeh, I've got my fair share of minis..

Ignorance is bliss :)
  • d4rkh4nd4rkh4n Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    Wait.... you call yourself a PvPer and actually quit when you got all your gears? Wtf is this, some kid thinking PvP = PvE?
    Dude PvE i can understand where you do the dungeon and you got all your max gears and you cannot improve on anything at all, no point in playing anymore PvE unless to help friends get gears.
    PvP... You got all your gear.... so what? Just because you have all your gear doesn't mean you're good at PvP... Hell from what i know this game's PvP gear can easily be obtainable with you being blind folded for 3 hours and when you take off the blind fold you'll have all the pieces.
    PvP is about fighting another player, PvP is always a different game at every match-its just literally never the same match.
    Its like playing FPS or League of Legends... You got all your guns and/or champions and you decide you beat the game, its time to quit... Lol that makes no sense at all. That is totally a PvE's mindset, or at the very least a hard core wanna-be PvPer.

Please don't make it sound like you're some hardcore PvPer, you are a disgrace to us hardcore PvPers. Just don't talk. In-fact yes, please leave this game.

P.S. I have all my PvP gear + I've geared a few of my friends to full PvP gear and i have over 20k+ glory... I don't see a point you're making. You obviously are not a PvPer. Please don't even think you are. You're pathetic =)
    Oh and end game for a TRUE PVPer is continue to PvP... Hur dur, bet you didn't figure that one out.

Hardcore pvp'ers dont whine and b*tch like this, nuff said when you mentioned League Of Legends, lmao, be a fkn man and play Dota 2
  • pufftheleafpufftheleaf Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did you just reference league of legends and hard core pvper in the same post? Remove yourself from the earth please
    thank you