What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Zen can be free...

2»

Comments

• isopointisopoint Member Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Not worth the hassle for that.

It's weird how f2p creates this mentality to get it as free as possible, but we all pay for other games without blinking with a standard $60 per game. I don't mind spending the regular zen price if the items were more reasonable.
  • yamface9yamface9 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know the amount of effort you put into going through ALL of that stuff... you can just work 1 hour irl and use that money instead lol.
  • kalistankalistan Member Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    yamface9 wrote: »
    you know the amount of effort you put into going through all of that stuff... You can just work 1 hour irl and use that money instead lol.

hhahaha i know right?
  • mic281mic281 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    yamface9 wrote: »
    You know the amount of effort you put into going through ALL of that stuff... you can just work 1 hour irl and use that money instead lol.

So basically you are saying use my salary to buy something? You put allot of thought into that useless feed back. Yes I could easily buy 3,000 zen and it would not effect my finances. But why pay out $23 when I can pay out $9 for the same thing. So all in all I spent approximately 30 minutes of my downtime on Zen. So a $23 value at .5hr is a $46/hr wage.

So lets see who wasted more time. Let's go with 2,200 Z at current market price of 435AD per. That is 957,000 AD. Now assuming a person did not buy a founders pack, how long would it take to earn that much AD and how much time would be spent checking the exchange for the best rate? Now also consider I still have my AD and My Zen and am out less than $10.

Argue all you want, claim that your time is priceless, go on and one about how you can make your Zen in game. If that's you then this forum thread isn't for you.
  • chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sure, just grab all the zen you want from the Wall O'Scams. Looks legit.

I've done this myself and I have a screen cap to prove it. I've made over 15K free Zen doing surveys. It's possible. You have to be patient, check the log to make sure your survey has appeared in it, otherwise don't do it. Some take longer than others, some are worth less than others. Do a few here and there, build up Zen, withdraw. It's legit.
    edited June 2013
    kalistan wrote: »
    hhahaha i know right?

But then we'd still be paying money on a game in the end? Rather say I earned it without being pathetic and spending $30 on a fantasy horse.
    edited June 2013
    mic281 wrote: »
    So basically you are saying use my salary to buy something? You put allot of thought into that useless feed back. Yes I could easily buy 3,000 zen and it would not effect my finances. But why pay out $23 when I can pay out $9 for the same thing. So all in all I spent approximately 30 minutes of my downtime on Zen. So a $23 value at .5hr is a $46/hr wage.

So lets see who wasted more time. Let's go with 2,200 Z at current market price of 435AD per. That is 957,000 AD. Now assuming a person did not buy a founders pack, how long would it take to earn that much AD and how much time would be spent checking the exchange for the best rate? Now also consider I still have my AD and My Zen and am out less than $10.

Argue all you want, claim that your time is priceless, go on and one about how you can make your Zen in game. If that's you then this forum thread isn't for you.

All this. Peeps, it's simple, it works. I've done it for weeks now. Just do the surveys for real, don't make up fake **** for your info, stay away from ones you have a bad feeling about, don't do them if they don't appear in logs. It's so easy it's sad.
  • bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mic281 wrote: »
    There is allot of complaints about Zen store prices. For those of you that do not know this, you can earn Zen for free and also at reduced prices. Since this game has launched I have obtained 3,185 Zen for $9.92. I also got some decent deals as well.

Break down is as follows:

Zen Action
    1575..... $5.95 for a 1 month sub to Gamefly.com
    98....... Survey about some fast food that I never eat
    882 .... $3.97 Subbed to a Dr. Suess book club for my daughter. Got 4 books for the price as well.
    630.... 5 day trial to some want to be Netflix site that I then canceled immediately because it was $54.95 (seriously) per month. Cost to me, $0.

So for those of you eyeballing something that seems out of your reach, this may help you out. There are lots of other options to earn Zen as well.

I am such a user of the free zen offers. I have not had much issues with "Spyware" because I have software that prevents my computer being "attacked" I have made close to 9,000 zen this way, and I love the free stuff I have gotten.

Also the redbox offer was pretty decent*
    edited June 2013
    bugs55678 wrote: »
    I agree, the free zen is just a marketing scam. because they get paid for each person that clicks on those links, even if the offer isnt completed. So even if we dont get the free zen, PWI gets paid.

Check the transaction log before you finish a survey. Some don't appear, and you don't finish them, because you won't get the Zen.
  • qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    thats if you live in the US - there are and always have been 0 offers aroudn here...
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    For stuff like that, the human society has thought up some excellent solutions called Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware.

and if you think that stuff is 100% effective you are insane... sorry i'd rather just not risk having to reformat because of some nasty virus or malware... also that stuff is such a scam its not funny usually want you to buy something or take 2 hours filling out ****, and then not give you jack! BEST ones are the ones have you fill out a survey is 100 questions long THEN at end want you to buy something or no points =P

Narb, use a toss away P.C. & a prepaid system (like a prepaid phone or debit card).
    A cheap $100 laptop will do just fine & is easy to reformat weekly.
    Good luck attempting to phish info out of an empty computer or an account with only $10.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
    edited June 2013
    I am such a user of the free zen offers. I have not had much issues with "Spyware" because I have software that prevents my computer being "attacked" I have made close to 9,000 zen this way, and I love the free stuff I have gotten.

Also the redbox offer was pretty decent*

This right here. Just use AVG or something. It's so easy.
    edited June 2013
    qinnux wrote: »
    thats if you live in the US - there are and always have been 0 offers aroudn here...

This I will grant you.
  • cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    thank You very much but I'll pass, I'm done with "free" surveys after doing them for Battlefield P4F (which cost me almost my origin account and made me do windows reinstall).
    Ofc it may be my own fault since I was doing it through IP changing programs to do foreign surveys (and was greedy enough to do thoose with obvious spyware)
  • mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited June 2013
    I got 4500 zen and got no spyware or maleware or anything of the such. Hell I even used a dummy email. But it does work and it is legit (as far as I know) I have not been scamed or anything but I do the free surveys not any that takes money.
  • tharkantharkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    enjoy your spyware, malware, and other goodies from those scam sites...

I've been using these and have gotten none of those.

Paranoid post is paranoid.
  • aggravator1aggravator1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Meh just fill out surveys and get tonnes of zen free. Just fill the FREE surveys out and voila. 5 mins of time for 98+ zen.
  • bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    But then we'd still be paying money on a game in the end? Rather say I earned it without being pathetic and spending $30 on a fantasy horse.

Hey I like my sparkle pony, atleast I didnt waste 2 days farming enchants for something I can earn IRL for 2 hours of work. I think you the pathetic one. I guess in your mind you have no clue what "real" earning means. (I am guessing you have no job and live off unemployment because your job laid you off but you are too into online gaming to step outside and find a job) The money comes from somewhere, right?

Also, apparently NW runs off magical horse farts that magically pay for NW's staff, server, and marketing. Of course they have to make money, you cannot honestly be that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> can you?
  • chidy1776chidy1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To get free zen you can also trade it for astral diamonds, which is where i plan on getting mine from.
    Paul 60 guardian fighter on mindflayer.

Rising Star, fun friendly, community focused guild on mindflayer. We strive to help each other and enjoy the game together. Talk to me for info, or feel free to check and join our community at risingstarneverwinter.enjin.com
  • alnakaralnakar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Meh just fill out surveys and get tonnes of zen free. Just fill the FREE surveys out and voila. 5 mins of time for 98+ zen.

I've done a fair number of these, as well. The ones that drag you half-way through before disqualifying you are a little bit annoying, but aside from that it's pretty decent. Just assume that the surveys will take half an hour, to avoid being annoyed when you pass the 15 minute mark, and you should be okay.
    - LTS since shortly before the F2P announcement, and very happy about it.
  • bananamannbananamann Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I like you.
    edited June 2013
    Hey I like my sparkle pony, atleast I didnt waste 2 days farming enchants for something I can earn IRL for 2 hours of work. I think you the pathetic one. I guess in your mind you have no clue what "real" earning means. (I am guessing you have no job and live off unemployment because your job laid you off but you are too into online gaming to step outside and find a job) The money comes from somewhere, right?

Also, apparently NW runs off magical horse farts that magically pay for NW's staff, server, and marketing. Of course they have to make money, you cannot honestly be that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> can you?

I like how you turned this into a discussion of my earnings proposing I probably lack a job because I occasionally play a game. I actually have a PhD and I'm an instructor at a university, so if I wanted to blow money on a free game, I could. But where's the fun in that? I earned 5525 Zen in one go for a credit card I'll never use, and it took me less than 5 minutes to set it up. So, considering it's about $10 per 1000 Zen, I'd say I made out much better than you in your two hours of work IRL. With that little bit, I bought a good 110% mount, some keys to trade for an Ancient Castle Sword, and I still have a ton left over I use for trades and profession packs. If you want to spend real money on it, go ahead, be one of those guys I know there are plenty out there, and I'm sure they generate great revenue through such players. But, I don't need to, and I'm having fun with it. That's all that matters to me.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    valtray wrote: »
    no free ZEN if you're from EU

Works just fine here.
    As we all know EU isn't a country...
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • cinj216cinj216 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So basically hand over my personal information to who-knows-who to do who-knows-what with it, to trade away for virtual currency to help fund an MMO addiction? Lovely.

Not to mention those little deals where you can start a trial (after forking over your CC info) and then cancel anytime (presumably without paying a dime) isn't like they couldn't possibly take the money anyway and leave you going in circles for months trying to get your money back and/or get them to stop charging your card for a service you don't want. Nah, that's never happened to anyone.

inb4 you can use fake info on surveys...I know this, but it's still a waste of time for anyone capable of holding down a job. But if you like doing mindnumbing tasks for pennies worth of virtual coin, knock yourself out I guess.
    edited June 2013
    cinj216 wrote: »
    So basically hand over my personal information to who-knows-who to do who-knows-what with it, to trade away for virtual currency to help fund an MMO addiction? Lovely.

Not to mention those little deals where you can start a trial (after forking over your CC info) and then cancel anytime (presumably without paying a dime) isn't like they couldn't possibly take the money anyway and leave you going in circles for months trying to get your money back and/or get them to stop charging your card for a service you don't want. Nah, that's never happened to anyone.

inb4 you can use fake info on surveys...I know this, but it's still a waste of time for anyone capable of holding down a job. But if you like doing mindnumbing tasks for pennies worth of virtual coin, knock yourself out I guess.

I mean, just be careful. Check your credit account, make sure you canceled, it's simple. There's nothing to it. So sick of people joining the "be careful on the internet" bandwagon. Learn how to use it, how about that? Everyone always just assumes this stupid world-out-to-get-me theory with using credit. Isn't true, unless you're an idiot.
  • deaththroedeaththroe Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For stuff like that, the human society has thought up some excellent solutions called Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware.

I prefer software thought up by the Borg society. They are much more technically savvy. All it cost was my individuality. It was worth it.
    10PM CST