test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Now I feel robbed and deceived by Cryptic.

kaasdoekkaasdoek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
See it as a rant, moan or whine. Classfiy it as you like, but i am actually mad and unhappy now.

I go spend 6 euros to improve my spec as a CW. Yes i choose to do that and i am fine with it. However, i spec out of the Toughness feat that gave me 9% more hp. As a result, i lost more than 600 GS value !!!. Can't do T2 dungeons now.

I never knew my own FEAT can improve GEARSCORE, because of the word GEAR in it.

I feel unhappy now :(
Post edited by kaasdoek on

Comments

• Options
    dreadkatakdreadkatak Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Get some better gear. 600 points of gear score isn't hard to improve, especially if you've got empty enchantment slots still. I could be misunderstanding your complaint, though.
  • Options
    ikagawaikagawa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 106
    edited May 2013
    dreadkatak wrote: »
    Get some better gear. 600 points of gear score isn't hard to improve, especially if you've got empty enchantment slots still. I could be misunderstanding your complaint, though.

You obviously are. Feats should have no impact on a gearscore which is the OP's problem.
  • Options
    dreadkatakdreadkatak Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ikagawa wrote: »
    You obviously are. Feats should have no impact on a gearscore which is the OP's problem.

That's true. At the moment, pretty much anything that changes your stat values changes Gearscore. Ah well, I haven't seen any real focus on gameplay balance or the ability to play with friends who get more time to game than you (2-3 levels character difference at most and even then, they will rotate out of dungeon and skirmishes before you).

So, I'm going to agree that the Gearscore formula is bugged now and shouldn't take temporary effects or even character build into account. I am just hoping problems like this get more attention than the next leet purple pay items package...
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . . Even with no gear, you will have a small gearscore. At level 25, my naked CW has a gearscore of 95. This is made up of base factors based off the Ratings listed below the Gearscore. So, naturally by respecing, you're going to most likely modify your base Ratings depending on what you changed around which will then affect your Gearscore.
  • Options
    ikagawaikagawa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 106
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . . Even with no gear, you will have a small gear-score. At level 25, my naked CW has a gearscore of 95. This is made up of base factors based off your skills and feats and any buffs or active abilities. So, naturally by respecing, you're going to most likely modify your base gearscore depending on what you changed around.

Which means it isn't a gearscore, it's a stat score.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Which means it isn't a gearscore, it's a stat score.
    I saw my poor wording as I hit reply and changed it promptly. Do see my post again for clarification.
  • Options
    aislingiaislingi Member Posts: 140 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The issue as I'm reading it. Is that gear score as of now, is erroneously going off of your total stats, and not simply based on what your gear is granting you. Which sort of defeats the purpose of having a score for your gear.
    I wanna go back to being weird. I like being weird. Weird's all I got, oh, and my sweet style. -Maurice Moss, The IT Crowd
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . . Even with no gear, you will have a small gearscore. At level 25, my naked CW has a gearscore of 95. This is made up of base factors based off the Ratings listed below the Gearscore. So, naturally by respecing, you're going to most likely modify your base Ratings depending on what you changed around which will then affect your Gearscore.

I am fine wiht that. However it should be clarified. One of the big problem this game has are the mysterious hidden effects. So many feats and abilities are poorly worded. As a CW i have no clue how long chill is suppose to last, what damage values of some abilities are, whether some feats affect a certain ability if the nature of the ability changes in the TAB button.

Why am i paying 6 euros to find this out? Can you at least answer that?
  • Options
    abradaxabradax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    You can take care of that gearscore with some zen.

Its the circle of zen!
    Lieutenant Johnathan "Seven" Abradax
    Liberated Borg -Captain USS Solstice
    Member of Starfleet Borg Task Force - Tactical Unit
  • Options
    riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's just a name. Don't take everything literally. If you haven't learned that lesson in life yet, well… I'll keep it friendly and say, now you have. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »
    It's just a name. Don't take everything literally. If you haven't learned that lesson in life yet, well… I'll keep it friendly and say, now you have. :)

Except it's taking the name from a different game that had a very specific connotation. Then Cryptic changed how the mechanics work and didn't bother to explain how it extrapolates the score.

Saying "it's just a name" is a cop out for poor documentation and improper use of a term.
  • Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a GF my feats EXTREMELY affect my gs. I don't really know what I did but I have 13666 gs lol.
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    krenkren Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had the same problem on my GWF I was over 9.3k GS and lost roughly 580 GS because I dropped anything that boosted defense or constitution to up my dps. Which my new spec was doing much higher dps the games arbitrary metric decided that my character was now less able to do T2 dungeons which was completely wrong.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »

You can't say that. people are PAYING money for a so called open beta to try out specs and FIND OUT that things are not working. So besides the point gearscore point, i just find out that some of my paragon feats are not functioning. Which i will make a topic about.

Any player should not feel complied to pay real cash to discover hidden effects and bugs. Wtf is that for beta testing?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Except it's taking the name from a different game that had a very specific connotation. Then Cryptic changed how the mechanics work and didn't bother to explain how it extrapolates the score.

Saying "it's just a name" is a cop out for poor documentation and improper use of a term.

I didn't say that not explaining what it means exactly was a good idea.

It's still just a name, and no matter how many excuses you dream up for why it's not OP's fault that he messed up — again, if life hasn't taught you to not take everything literally by now, I have something patronising to say.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kaasdoek wrote: »
    You can't say that. people are PAYING money for a so called open beta to try out specs and FIND OUT that things are not working. So besides the point gearscore point, i just find out that some of my paragon feats are not functioning. Which i will make a topic about.

Any player should not feel complied to pay real cash to discover hidden effects and bugs. Wtf is that for beta testing?

Are you trolling?

You're not testing. You're playing. Everything you do is permanent. The game is live. Launched. Released.

"Open beta" is just a label they use as an excuse for when things go wrong. It's purely marketing.
  • Options
    dacovedacove Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I agree 100%, I wanted to make my own thread about the same issue but for some reason I can't which is another issue. There's alot of issues with the feats/powers that aren't working right or as advertised, and it sucks to spend 600 zen or AD to respec each time cause something isn't working right or as it should with no way to test it otherwise. Good example is a CW Tiefling with Tempest Magic. It "seems" that the two won't stack together. So either you gotta ride out 5 wasted feats in hope of a fix, or spec outta it for now to be optimal, just to respec back into later when it's fixed. And that is just one tiny example of CW alone, I could name many many more that aren't working right or as they should, sometimes not at all. I still feel in the current state of feats/powers respecs should be FREE.
  • Options
    sean99999sean99999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ouch... Yeah.. i haven't had a good experience so far with the zen store either.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dacove wrote: »
    I agree 100%, I wanted to make my own thread about the same issue but for some reason I can't which is another issue. There's alot of issues with the feats/powers that aren't working right or as advertised, and it sucks to spend 600 zen or AD to respec each time cause something isn't working right or as it should with no way to test it otherwise. Good example is a CW Tiefling with Tempest Magic. It "seems" that the two won't stack together. So either you gotta ride out 5 wasted feats in hope of a fix, or spec outta it for now to be optimal, just to respec back into later when it's fixed. And that is just one tiny example of CW alone, I could name many many more that aren't working right or as they should, sometimes not at all. I still feel in the current state of feats/powers respecs should be FREE.

You can post on the forum after a certain time or something i think. I could not make any topic at the start.
  • Options
    cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

????

The guy is complaining that the spec he chose, the "talent points" had an impact on his gear score...which now determins whether or not he is "geared" enough to enter a specific dungeon.

What in the ever living sh_t is this about? Im really enjoying the game, but if I find that my talent point selections have any bearing of what content I can experience, Im deleting this game in a friggin heartbeat.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Problem also is, it is not a small amount, but a huge amount later on, because it is a percentage based feat.

Not only that, but for a CW, you have to make a choice between taking the Increase damage in aoe and arcane damage feats that do not affect gear score (which i am not even sure if they are properly working, because many feats are not working during my testing) or go for the 5% increase in damage which is a significant factor in gearscore also.

Such a broken system to be honnest.
  • Options
    dacovedacove Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Problem also is, it is not a small amount, but a huge amount later on, because it is a percentage based feat.

Not only that, but for a CW, you have to make a choice between taking the Increase damage in aoe and arcane damage feats that do not affect gear score (which i am not even sure if they are properly working, because many feats are not working during my testing) or go for the 5% increase in damage which is a significant factor in gearscore also.

Such a broken system to be honnest.

Well the increased AE bonuses that CW gets atm, both feats and Evocation, only seem to be effecting 4 spells. Tabbed Chill Strike, Ice Storm, Shield(repel dmg), and Steal Time. Which is yet another example, do you use these broken feats and wait for a fix or do you spec out of them just to feel inclined to spec back into em later after a fix.
  • Options
    blupa2010blupa2010 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I feel robbed and deceived from my boss at work so in the same boat.
    ~ Neverwinter Fan Site~ Builds-Guides+More!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dacove wrote: »
    Well the increased AE bonuses that CW gets atm, both feats and Evocation, only seem to be effecting 4 spells. Tabbed Chill Strike, Ice Storm, Shield(repel dmg), and Steal Time. Which is yet another example, do you use these broken feats and wait for a fix or do you spec out of them just to feel inclined to spec back into em later after a fix.

That is what i have found out also.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?229062-The-feat-ability-is-not-working-TOPIC-Report-them-HERE!&p=3023992#post3023992

So i can add those two feats to the list? you sure?