test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP Tactics

2»

Comments

• hopsihopsi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • frost168frost168 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nice videos joeldgn and hopsi. These trolls have no idea how powerful a well played cleric can be. oh wait, they want to stand back and hit one button every 5 min. I keep forgetting.

LMAO

Level 60 and loving my cleric !!!! and I see you two are as well !
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First if your healing you shouldn't be slotting in Sun Burst.... Second again unless your under level 45/50 then you don't know how to play this class so don't post things in this forum discouraging players from playing. Thirdly I'm level 55 and I can let a rogue stand there and continuously attack me with 0% chance of killing me by himself. I repeat 0% chance of killing me, so you spitting out some gibber gabber about not being able to heal? Please....

I disagree on Sun Burst. Personally, I think every cleric should have it slotted for pvp whether healing, debuffing, or damaging specced.

It serves a number of purposes and does them well. Primarily it is an action point battery. It also serves as a heal/cleanse. The knockback is self explanatory, but it needs to mentioned specifically that one of its greatest rolls in knocking back is to clear the enemy target out of their blue circles to get focused down. The CW is supposed to fill this roll, you just assist with it and honestly a good amount of the time you are in a better position to do it. Then just let the CW force choke while focusing.

As to rogues, once you start facing the geared ones, you won't want to be face tanking them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hopsihopsi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    frost168 wrote: »
    Nice videos joeldgn and hopsi. These trolls have no idea how powerful a well played cleric can be. oh wait, they want to stand back and hit one button every 5 min. I keep forgetting.

LMAO

Absolutly. Im quite happy. :)
  • joeldgnjoeldgn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    frost168 wrote: »

LMAO

Totally, the class is great. I just don't want to see these guys in here who have played the class for a weekend and jumped in PVP and get faced and then hop on the forums and try to say the class is 'broke' ... it isn't, even with a decent PUG group we will shred it. Once my guildies get up to 60 and we get them geared it will be a little more fun and tactical, though the PUG groups will have more issues then.
  • rkv13rkv13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    zingarbage wrote: »
    I disagree on Sun Burst. Personally, I think every cleric should have it slotted for pvp whether healing, debuffing, or damaging specced.

It serves a number of purposes and does them well. Primarily it is an action point battery. It also serves as a heal/cleanse. The knockback is self explanatory, but it needs to mentioned specifically that one of its greatest rolls in knocking back is to clear the enemy target out of their blue circles to get focused down. The CW is supposed to fill this roll, you just assist with it and honestly a good amount of the time you are in a better position to do it. Then just let the CW force choke while focusing.

As to rogues, once you start facing the geared ones, you won't want to be face tanking them.

I agree that Sun Burst has its uses, but I prefer Chains of Blazing Light instead. The reason is that the knockback on SB can be a double-edged sword; it can save lives and set up some easy kills, but just as often you will knock an opponent out of an AoE, or worse yet out of a TR's Dazing Strike. Chains on the other hand locks your target in place so that you can not only escape but also land tough skill-shots like Daunting Light. For melee-heavy teams I would take SB, but against balanced or range-heavy I think CoBL will give you a more reliable utility.
    8.jpg
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rkv13 wrote: »
    I agree that Sun Burst has its uses, but I prefer Chains of Blazing Light instead. The reason is that the knockback on SB can be a double-edged sword; it can save lives and set up some easy kills, but just as often you will knock an opponent out of an AoE, or worse yet out of a TR's Dazing Strike. Chains on the other hand locks your target in place so that you can not only escape but also land tough skill-shots like Daunting Light. For melee-heavy teams I would take SB, but against balanced or range-heavy I think CoBL will give you a more reliable utility.

You just aren't going to get the utility out of chains that you will with sun burst regardless of comp. Specifically you won't get the action points. The heal and cleanse aren't bad either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    I agree, Sun Burst is generating a whole lot of Resources - +the other mentioned advantages. And the knockback is just too useful for capping and kicking other people out of an Enemy Astral shield.
    You can chain them - but what good is it going to do if you chain them on 1 or even 2 AS?
  • sauciflard1sauciflard1 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sun burst is a pbae kb, you cant decide what you KB and your DPS will rage. They will loose more dps because of your KB than an ennemy's AS. And you can chain people outside a AS.
    Chains can be useful both as an offensive or a defensive encounter.
    You KB a gwf or a TR? they just use their gapcloser. If you chain them, they cant.
    Chains is also a trap, you can place it before the fight, or before a TR pops on you.
    edited May 2013
    I disagree. I cannot build nearly enough Resources with Chains as with Sun Burst. For my build there is no way around it. Im almost constantly using Forgemasters and AS both cast with divinity and Sun Burst does a lot to help me recharge.
    Mostly I disagree with the Kickback - its very very useful - not just kicking back but even kicking down - Hotenow. While you cannot decide WHO you kick its often of no consequence - splitting and confusing them nontheless.

Matter of perspective at the end of the day. If the Chains work for you, use them - I tried it and Ive been disappointed with it.
  • rkv13rkv13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    That's the other thing about SB I don't like is it's a pbaoe instead of ranged. With CoBL you can be sitting on the high ground raining CC and damage on the enemy team without risking yourself. You can use it to lock an enemy out of the capture point or prevent them from escaping. Plenty of utility, and even if you miss it will stick around for a long while waiting to trap the next enemy to cross it.

That being said you guys are right that CoBL doesn't generate much resources. I'll give SB another chance when I get online today.
    8.jpg
  • sylverinnesylverinne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9
    edited May 2013
    I skimmed the thread a bit. I don't know if someone mentioned it, but did anyone else how ridculously broken (and i don't mean that in a omg OP NERF way) Forgemaster's Flame is? It can litteraly keep someone up under the heaviest of focus. I rage when i use it to keep someone up and he just ends up running away.
  • horsepantshorsepants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I use Forgemaster's Flame, Sunburst, and Astral Shield. I've tried every other build and this has been the most successful.

Forgemaster: The divine version healing is pretty insane, it does great damage, and it slows

Sunburst: It can clear melees off of you and if you use the passive that grants divine for non-damaging spells it generates almost a whole bar of divine if used right. It also applies the percentage healing to allies, so this ability is insane. To top it off it seems to generate 1/4th of your daily every use in the middle of combat.

Astral Shield: This is pretty much a must for any build. The defense and regeneration it provides is insane, and it also applies the percentage healing.

At Wills: Brand/Healing ball (can't remember the name). You can use other combinations, this is the least important. This one just works for our goal here.

Passives: Damage or Defense one, then the one that generates divine for non damage

Dailies: Hammer/Hallowed are the obvious choices

This build allows us to focus purely on moving. Sunburst generates a ton of divine/at will, forgemaster is crazy damage/heal and also a slow, astral shield is crazy for defense. You can brand/healing orb an enemy and just kite him while waiting for your encounters to cooldown.
  • realr3sistancerealr3sistance Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    One thing I don't get on the whole CoBL vs SB bit is why people talk like you HAVE to divine SB. If you're going into close to Melees doing DD don't divine it. Sure it'll heal less but it will still heal and damage the melee's target.

Only level 39 right now and so lacking the AS of level 45 which looks like it's a must have. By the sounds of it Astral Shield should be a lower leveled ability.

I'd like to know how people deal with CCs? Daze and Freeze/Chill are probably the most common. I know Daze can be dodged but it seems to me like there is some lag compensation in place which rewards it too easily so even if I see it coming and have sprinted away I seem to still get hit by it about 30% of the time...

EDIT: just tried forgemaster's flame with Divinity... that move is insane!? how much does it heal? I had a GWF and TR beating on me at the same time and I was actually slowly recovering health over all.... well the results are fairly clear tho this is PuG so you aren't gunna get even teams anyway.

http://r3sistance.net/nwpics/pvpwin1.jpg
    http://r3sistance.net/nwpics/pvpwin2.jpg
  • sylverinnesylverinne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9
    edited May 2013
    Huehue, Forgemaster's Flame, making Rogues cry since 2013.

Im happy i chose the cleric as my main. It's a really difficult and rewarding class to play. Difficulty from resource management.

Also, Devout Clerics seem to be the children of Warrior Priests from Warhammer Online :D

Has anyone tried going a full <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> super tanky def spec? I figured a nice one out but unfortunatley no respec tokens...
    edited May 2013
    Just following up on tactics, I think I noticed something strange and wanted to check if this is really a thing or not... in PvP I don't seem to cleanse myself. If a heal anybody else I see a lot of cleanse procs but when I heal myself I see none. Of course this is important in PvP since cleanse can remove pretty much any debuff including the two most annoying those being Daze and Chill... it seems a bit of a major nerf if we can't cleanse ourselves and so I wanted to check if anybody has this issue?
    edited May 2013
    I havent actually paid attention to that yet myself ... I simply assumed so far, that it would work on any friendly target.
  • montiblancmontiblanc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013
    horsepants wrote: »
    Sunburst: It can clear melees off of you and if you use the passive that grants divine for non-damaging spells it generates almost a whole bar of divine if used right.

that passive is called Divine Fortune and I hope you realize it only works for healing word. Take a half damaged character somewhere without other enemies around. Cast HW & take notice of divine meter rising. Now cast sunburst or bastion for example and take notice you do not gain any divine meter
    edited May 2013
    montiblanc wrote: »
    that passive is called Divine Fortune and I hope you realize it only works for healing word. Take a half damaged character somewhere without other enemies around. Cast HW & take notice of divine meter rising. Now cast sunburst or bastion for example and take notice you do not gain any divine meter

Bastion of Health isn't a damaging spell, neither is astral shield, those should be restoring the divine meter but I haven't tested those out.
  • nvmbanelingsnvmbanelings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just following up on tactics, I think I noticed something strange and wanted to check if this is really a thing or not... in PvP I don't seem to cleanse myself. If a heal anybody else I see a lot of cleanse procs but when I heal myself I see none. Of course this is important in PvP since cleanse can remove pretty much any debuff including the two most annoying those being Daze and Chill... it seems a bit of a major nerf if we can't cleanse ourselves and so I wanted to check if anybody has this issue?

i definitely see cleanse procs on myself when healing myself.

i think the reason you might not see them is because they're less obvious when on yourself.