test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Google Neverwinter Twitter to see updates

crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
They are updating us on twitter. You don't need an account to read it.
Post edited by crok2 on

Comments

• xavinnydekxavinnydek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They need to update us on their own site first, then they can use whatever social media they want.
  • xeronova8118xeronova8118 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At least they're updating...
  • dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Per the Neverwinter twitter feed, it is a network outtage and it is affecting all of Cryptic's games, not just NW. Good and bad news really, it isn't their servers so it isn't their fault. However, that means it isn't their problem to fix, so they are going to have to wait on their hosting service or network provider wherever in the line the issue lives to get fixed. Cryptic is probably sitting on hold with AT&T Business cust srv or something similar right now.
  • ysaidysaid Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd be happy with checking out twitter to get the updates - but idgaff about cat videos, what music ppl listen to while playing, I just want to know an ETA, and I'm not seeing that on twitter!

Edit - so yeah I'd rather see them using their own tools to update us first, they did really well with this to start off with.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, you took effort to make this topic, but didn't put enough of it to put a link for extremely lazy people like me?
  • pocketcopperspocketcoppers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    Couldn't you simply have shared the news that it would be roughly an hour, and the reason is to perform network maintenance?
    Lo, the mighty Oak: Just a little nut who stood his ground.
  • crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They said 1 hour on twitter 4 minutes ago.
  • pocketcopperspocketcoppers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame darn! slipped with that... daggnabbit I vowed to never ever allow the lazy to perform their mind control tricks on me again!
  • crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just wanted people to see the most up to date info as it happens since the forums are slow to load/read.
    edited May 2013
    @crok2 it was good of you to give the tip.
  • elcymerianelcymerian Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the post. I don't spout off at the mouth so I don't think to Google search twitter, even when my Guild Leader says he's getting his info from there. lol
    edited May 2013
    Per the Neverwinter twitter feed, it is a network outtage and it is affecting all of Cryptic's games, not just NW. Good and bad news really, it isn't their servers so it isn't their fault. However, that means it isn't their problem to fix, so they are going to have to wait on their hosting service or network provider wherever in the line the issue lives to get fixed. Cryptic is probably sitting on hold with AT&T Business cust srv or something similar right now.
    Leaving aside any politically incorrect commentary on telephone support quality, let us extend a wave of empathic healing in the direction of whoever is having to sit through elevator music waiting someone on the other end to get off break and pick up.
  • manestream1manestream1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    Ahhh, just tried to launch Neverwinter and got webpage unavailable or I had put in the wrong address (LOL) for the game shortcut don't think so, just took me 15 mins to log on here (that long to connect to forums = their problem, then finally saw this topic. If it is something effecting their games and forums then they had better find it fast or get in touch with whoever is responsible if not cryptic.
    Already this has been a bit of a shambles and now this, either their being DoS'ed (as per the norm thesedays from ppl who can do that) because their disgruntled and think I will kill their service cos it would be funny OR something broke on their side.
  • everythingsdeadeverythingsdead Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xavinnydek wrote: »
    They need to update us on their own site first, then they can use whatever social media they want.

I second this. If there's a problem with a game I'm playing. I go to that games website or forums first. Not some BS like twitter.
  • ikagawaikagawa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 106
    edited May 2013

Thirded.

/10char
  • fridgefighterfridgefighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

This I totally agree with.

They should make a separate (and easy to find/see) section on the forum called "Server Status" and make it so only they can post topics in it.. Problem solved, everybody informed quickly, not so many stupid rage threads anymore.
  • ikagawaikagawa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 106
    edited May 2013
    This I totally agree with.

They should make a separate (and easy to find/see) section on the forum called "Server Status" and make it so only they can post topics in it.. Problem solved, everybody informed quickly, not so many stupid rage threads anymore.

Oh, there will still be plenty of rage threads, believe me. Putting information in a visible location isn't going to fix the illiteracy of most people on the Internet.
  • dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey All!

Currently we use our Forums, Facebook, and Twitter accounts.

Sometimes during an outage, our Forums get overloaded a bit and we're unable to post for brief periods of time. During these times we will still post updates on our social media pages to ensure that as many users are informed of the issue as possible.

We are looking into different options for improving our ability to message our customers via our website during periods of high traffic/outages. We'll keep you in the loop on these and hope to have something in place soon. Thanks for your understanding!
    edited May 2013
    ikagawa wrote: »
    Oh, there will still be plenty of rage threads, believe me. Putting information in a visible location isn't going to fix the illiteracy of most people on the Internet.

Aye, but every little bit helps :)
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All!

Currently we use our Forums, Facebook, and Twitter accounts.

Sometimes during an outage, our Forums get overloaded a bit and we're unable to post for brief periods of time. During these times we will still post updates on our social media pages to ensure that as many users are informed of the issue as possible.

We are looking into different options for improving our ability to message our customers via our website during periods of high traffic/outages. We'll keep you in the loop on these and hope to have something in place soon. Thanks for your understanding!

Isn't it possible to host a separate website on a separate machine with almost gauranteed up-time that only shows server status, information about downtimes, and such? Much like the popular Minecraft variants there were, this one for example: http://isminecraftdown.net/

Even though community-made, it was an excellent idea and many people made use of it (first thing to pop up in google search as well).
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Isn't it possible to host a separate website on a separate machine with almost gauranteed up-time that only shows server status, information about downtimes, and such? Much like the popular Minecraft variants there were, this one for example: http://isminecraftdown.net/

Even though community-made, it was an excellent idea and many people made use of it (first thing to pop up in google search as well).
    . . . . . . If I recall correctly, this was asked before and it has something to do with the way the servers handle logins. IIRC it's something like while one can ping a server, the server won't respond properly without a valid login, which may be why the icon on the launcher is confusing at times. It's been a while and I could have sworn this was told to us over on the STO forums a long time ago, Syber might remember. Although, I could very well be mistaking another game, if so it would be Turbine's most likely.
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . . If I recall correctly, this was asked before and it has something to do with the way the servers handle logins. IIRC it's something like while one can ping a server, the server won't respond properly without a valid login, which may be why the icon on the launcher is confusing at times. It's been a while and I could have sworn this was told to us over on the STO forums a long time ago, Syber might remember. Although, I could very well be mistaking another game, if so it would be Turbine's most likely.

Yea, but maybe some kind of "fake login" instead of a simple ping would be possible for the purpose, not quite sure how stuff like that works however.