test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Not getting Zen from Peanut Labs Earn Zen Offers

wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Seems like Perfect World and Peanut Labs have a perfect scam going with the http://offers.perfectworld.com/ URL, where you can earn Zen by doing surveys and signing up for free accounts and whatnot. 90% of the links I have completed have awarded zero Zen, and I have at least 3 tickets open with Peanut Labs for Zen I earned that was never credited.

Why don't you fix this scam instead of cheating people out of their precious time?
Post edited by wolfrat14 on

Comments

• thehadrielthehadriel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've done offers for other games to earn similar things, and I had the same result: most offers don't give you points. Some of them do, but most of them do not. I would say it's Peanut Labs fault. Basically, you aren't being recognized for completing the offer. Some offers require you to do other things, such as confirm e-mail address or download things or even buy stuff.
  • dourhelmdourhelm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The surveys, as long as they initially work, tends to always give Zen. The offers though, seem to be about 50/50.
  • daowacedaowace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wolfrat14 wrote: »
    Peanut Labs
    Yup.

95% of the time I did an offer with them I had to open a ticket to get rewarded.

Try to avoid them as much as possible.

Also, take screenshots of everything you complete (final page); they love to dispute things if you have no proof.
  • chintaechintae Member Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I did 4 surveys.

I got 0 Zen. It's a scam.
  • bubbabinskybubbabinsky Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 161 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    I've done surveys through PWE and Peanut Labs before. I did get my zen. Most of the time it is not delivered immediately. I'd wait 24 hours, then contact customer service.
  • tsakmir11tsakmir11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I did a lot of surveys and free offers today and yesterday. The surveys seem to always reward Zen if you can complete them without getting "Oops! You don't meet our demographic requirements." The trials and offers seem to be 50/50. I've opened tickets on some of them but no response yet.
  • kisraenkisraen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sucks to be from the northern europe, nobody gives a poodlestick about us. As such...1 'free' offer on peanut labs...any other free zen guys ain't even popping up.
    'But hey, atleast you have that 1 free offer'...For a shiny 10cents costing HD camera, only have to give off my credit card info and pay them...totally not a scam.
    So yeah, sucks.
  • wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    daowace wrote: »
    Also, take screenshots of everything you complete (final page); they love to dispute things if you have no proof.

Yes, I wish I had been taking screenshots.
  • denverralphydenverralphy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The surveys are horrible. 99.9% of the time, it'll give the "You're disqualified" response. Really frustrating when it happens towards the end of the survey too. I've only managed to complete 1 survey, and it rewarded a whopping 20 zen.
  • kurokazeptkurokazept Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At least you guys get any offers/surveys at all >.<
  • missusmissus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have gotten in the past 3 days 750 zen from the offer wall. Some don't work, like one where the submit button doesnt respond when you click it. But most do - you just have to be careful to read what you are required to do, and get used to filling them out (like you can skip most everything it requires you to click.) once you are proficient at them, you can get around 400 zen in an hour. Of course, that's like getting paid $4 for an hour's work, so you might just be better off buying your zen with cash.

I dont mind doing the free surveys (the ones listed at the very top). One was to help the FDA on an anti-smoking campaign, so I got 90 zen for doing something I probably would've done anyway.

YMMV, but they aren't scams.
  • dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I did a bunch of surveys yesterday, opened a 6$ trial with gamefly, applied for a chase freedom card, and some others. I earned like 6k zen, and all paid except one, and I have a ticket open for it (it was for credit score reporting and monitoring) and that was the only one I had any trouble with. I would however still highly recommend applying some buyer beware on some of those, but I have done well by the peanut labs stuff myself.
  • forumalterforumalter Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    So wait...I gota sign up for a credit card for a respec?
  • dragonstrong69dragonstrong69 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No.. but one of the offers you can do allows you to do that (I would not. applying for credit negatively impacts your credit score.)

None of the offers I do ask for any information other than email, address and sometimes birthday. I HIGHLY recommend a seperate email account for this, since you will get flooded with spam.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I only bother with the free surveys.

Only managed to complete two of them, but I got my Zen both times.
  • dragonstrong69dragonstrong69 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    double post, cant delete
  • dezrethdezreth Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Google 'peanut labs scam' and hope you have enough RAM to handle the deluge of results. Honestly, they have been doing these scams for various MMOs for years. Just avoid.
  • buckem420buckem420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have received zen for most of the offers I have done however I have complaints in about 2 (would be 4 but they said that there is a limit and will not allow me to put in more) which I completed and got no credit for. Their "customer support" is a joke and although they say they will contact you within 24 hours after a week + they still will not have.

Those surveys get very annoying when you are at 97% and they decide to disqualify you, personally I think it is BS and they have simply gained all the information they needed/wanted and do not want to pay out for it.
  • krayzedonekrayzedone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've done these many times before and maybe once or twice actually received the reward they claimed to be giving. I don't even bother any more. Probably best to ignore them unless you like giving away information about yourself for free...
  • bivringtonbivrington Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have about 7 tickets that have been open for nearly 10 days regarding surveys I completed, but did not get credit for. Included in the tickets are screenshots of the "thank you for completing the survey" page.

9/10 the response I get from peanut labs automated garbage is "Whenever you notify us about an issue with a survey or offer, we make every effort to mediate with the offer provider or research client. If this resolves the issue, we will certainly send the credits your way. Sometimes we are unable to verify your eligibility for the reward. In those cases we can often issue you a credit out of our own pocket. Unfortunately we can only do this a limited number of times. At this time you've reached a limit on the number of support credits we can issue you, or you're asking for a credit amount that exceeds the limit. This limit goes up the longer you stay with us, so please feel free to open a new ticket for this issue in a week or two." Tickets however are never closed, so you cannot reopen the ticket. You also never find out what the limit is. Pretty shady.

This is total BS in my opinion. Survey completed, the survey company got their data, I have proof of survey completed, Peanut Labs got paid for hosting the survey, and I'm left without the rewards I should be getting. The fact that PWE is either unable or unwillilng to ensure their players get the rewards (and I'm sure PWE gets a cut of the money paid to Peanut Labs, you get about $1.00 worth of zen per survey, and PWE is in no way going to take a loss on these) from something they are pushing on the launcher, website, and forum is disheartening.
  • unsquishableunsquishable Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    time to report em to the Better business bureau.
  • hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    time to report em to the Better business bureau.

Ooo, that'll sure show them
  • powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not getting the Zen is better than spending 3 hours rolling back the PC after one of the offers loaded a pile of malware, a toolbar to all 3 browsers I use, & a search hi-jack to the browsers, despite me saying no to the running the app (VirtualBe Presentation)

And almost all the 'watch this ad' not working in firefox!
  • unsquishableunsquishable Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You really need to report both companies to BBB. just go to www.bbb.org
    they are the better business bureau.
    What is sickening is that only 47 people complained about peanut labs in the last year and they still have an A rating with the better business bureau. They need to stop doing business with F rating BBB companies and need to do much better business themselves report them and get your issues resolved. Help them learn how to do business in America. Also if you do use a credit card use a prepaid one so they cannot simply leech onto your bank account. Simply pull up the bbb site search peanut labs in san Francisco and submit a complaint. Its funny how fast they respond to that as opposed to all u get from peanut labs is an automated response.
  • iceybluekitsuneiceybluekitsune Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 83
    edited May 2013
    im going to have to agree to a point, there needs to be some work done on the survey side (mainly peanut labs and their redirectors) and on pwe side (mainly being offered a survey yet not being qualified or having already done it). ive ran into surveys now that fail half way through them because they want you to use a virtual store well the virtual store didnt load in the browser so i get screwed and lost 30 mins of time answering questions (which would have been for around 300 zen if completed). they need to figure a way to save your position so you can either change to another browser (if they wont make it compatible with all browsers) or give you some zen for your time, maybe make it like if the survey takes x minutes to complete you should get 2 x in zen for your time, even if you fail it because they dont ask their main demographic (age/race/income/location) till the middle of the survey.

sure when you fail they say they wont use your answers but they do, all those that are disqualified go into a pool of other information. being unemployed myself taking the survey is a decent distraction from the grind of looking at jobs but when you spend the time just for a little more enjoyment out of a game only to get dumped to a page saying they cant use you after you gave them your life story its really disheartening to say the least.
  • xxxretsopmixxxretsopmi Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You really need to report both companies to BBB. just go to www.bbb.org
    they are the better business bureau.
    What is sickening is that only 47 people complained about peanut labs in the last year and they still have an A rating with the better business bureau. They need to stop doing business with F rating BBB companies and need to do much better business themselves report them and get your issues resolved. Help them learn how to do business in America. Also if you do use a credit card use a prepaid one so they cannot simply leech onto your bank account. Simply pull up the bbb site search peanut labs in san Francisco and submit a complaint. Its funny how fast they respond to that as opposed to all u get from peanut labs is an automated response.

You do realize the BBB is pointless right? It's nothing more then an Angies List. There is NO requirement to be apart of it, and you can PAY to have things removed from it. Thus giving you a better rating. This isn't the 50's anymore. No one gives a **** about the BBB.
  • opak1opak1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Stay the hell away from them. I got this in response to every dispute I put in. I was never "credited" with anything.

"Whenever you notify us about an issue with a survey or offer, we make every effort to mediate with the offer provider or research client. If this resolves the issue, we will certainly send the credits your way. Sometimes we are unable to verify your eligibility for the reward. In those cases we can often issue you a credit out of our own pocket. Unfortunately we can only do this a limited number of times. At this time you've reached a limit on the number of support credits we can issue you, or you're asking for a credit amount that exceeds the limit. This limit goes up the longer you stay with us, so please feel free to open a new ticket for this issue in a week or two."

So what they are saying if I am interpreting this correctly it says...

"We are sorry you didn't get what you earned. If you let us screw you over some more we may give you what you have earned and look into your problem."

This is my favorite one. I went through and filled out a lot of demographic information for at least 15 minutes. At the end I was told I was disqualified. If I put in a significant amount of time I expect at least some compensation.

#$%& that and #$%@ Peanut Labs and $%&# their wall of scams...

"The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." - James T. Kirk
  • fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I think its a really bad idea to have people fill in those special offers to get zen.

One problem with third party partners that sometimes they don't give you the zen. Your dealing with a host of third party people, who for example ask you to take a survey for zen. I did that on another site but obtained gold for another game. The survey never ended, it asked for every piece of information about me.

Is giving away all my personal information, taking half an hour to complete it, really worth it. I think not, how can we trust when we do one of these specials for zen, they won't do anything shady with information. I mean they're already still profiting off starter packs, renamed from zen packs, making money off zen store.

It just seems tad much, as we speak I'm seeing an offer on the site in an ad, saying "do you like free zen, complete this offer" if anything bad happens with personal information after we got the link from this site, then this site make look really shady for giving it to us.
  • kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's a shame that you feel handing over all your personal information is worth a few digits on a computer game.
  • nyxandrianyxandria Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2013
    I don't bother with them really, not even done a single one. These kinds of questionnaires don't look for nobodys. They want people who have a lot of connections in the industry and actually work deep in a industry so they can leech information from you.
    For example people who work in a newspaper or accountants who have information about companies. They want to question people like this since obviously those people know a lot of things that nobody else does. This is why "99% disqualify" you.
    Funnily enough if you worked in any of those industries then you probably have a good income and would buy every item from the zen store without thinking twice about it. No point. Just pathetic greedy companies trying to get information from people who are stupid enough to give it to them.
This discussion has been closed.