test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Play Neverwinter with your 360 controller now!

iiviietaliiviietal Member Posts: 18 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey guys its iiviietal here i like meany others wanted to try Neverwinter with my 360 controller (Free) lol
so i set up a program i used for Minecraft to achieve the same thing and im happy to say it works excellent, the software required is a simple program called GlovePIE its a great piece of software that will allow you to control your pc with your 360 controller kinect or even your wii mote and much more, so ive put together a script that will run your 360 controller and i was really impressed its a game changer in a big way now you will need a keyboard for obvious mmo reasons but for the most part aside from txting others you have full control, now im not any kind of pro when it comes to this stuff and if anybody comes up with a better or improves on the script pls let me know this kinda went from a little project in the server downtime that became an all niter when i started testing and adjusting and i just couldn't put it down. i hope this helps everyone and please let me know if this helps and you enjoy it as much as i do! now down to the brass the site to get GlovePIE is
http://glovepie.org/glovepie.php <-Home
http://glovepie.org/glovepie_download.php <-Downloads
its a 2.5 mb download 100% freeware
so when you first boot up the program you will see
// Type your script here, or click the GUI tab to autogenerate it! <--Delete this and copy paste in my script click run and your done you can move your mouse right on the desktop with the controller open the game and start to play i did have to make one ingame change and that was my look speed i went to 3.5 but that will be up to you guys

so it diddnt post the script in the original post so the script in full is in the 2nd post
Post edited by iiviietal on

Comments

• iiviietaliiviietal Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    //Left Stick – Movement

keyboard.W = XInput1.Joy1Y > 0.2
    keyboard.S = XInput1.Joy1Y < -0.2
    keyboard.A = XInput1.Joy1X < -0.2
    keyboard.D = XInput1.Joy1X > 0.2

// Right Stick – Mouse Pointer
    Mouse.DirectInputX = Mouse.DirectInputX + 10*deadzone(XInput1.Joy2X)
    Mouse.DirectInputY = Mouse.DirectInputY + -10*deadzone(XInput1.Joy2Y)

// 360 Bumpers
    keyboard.tab = XInput1.LeftShoulder
    keyboard.F = XInput1.RightShoulder

//360 Triggers
    Mouse.RightButton = XInput1.RightTrigger
    Mouse.LeftButton = XInput1.LeftTrigger

//360 Buttons ABXY
    keyboard.space = XInput1.A
    keyboard.r = XInput1.B
    keyboard.e = XInput1.Y
    keyboard.q = XInput1.X

//360 dPad
    keyboard.1 = Xinput1.Up
    keyboard.2 = Xinput1.Right
    keyboard.3 = Xinput1.Down
    keyboard.4 = Xinput1.Left

//360 Start and Select
    keyboard.esc = XInput1.start
    keyboard.alt = XInput1.back

//360 Stick Clicks
    Keyboard.LeftShift= XInput1.LeftThumb
    = XInput1.RightThumb
  • scrapper00scrapper00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Script errors at the last line due to the line beginning with the equal sign (=).

Also, do you know a source for a playstation controller?
    edited May 2013
    The script will run the last line if you notice is blank pre= if i or ne1 els wanted to set up that last key i just couldent decide what to use the right tumb click for but it does not effect the script its there if you want to use it
  • lexitelexite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    everything is fine but my character turn on himself when im ingame
  • lokaidraxmartislokaidraxmartis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    or could do it easier with, xpadder and motion joy >,>
    edited May 2013
    You might want to run the config for your controller on the windows desktop or check your sensitivity settings ingame if your mouse does not move when you start the script on the desktop it might be a settings issue
    edited May 2013
    xpadder has alot of issues with it not being free and i read posts of having to use auto run instead of actually controlling your character that's why i decided to put this together
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So...ummm...just be aware. Do not let beat anyone know you beat them with a Controller in PVP.

We will never hear the end of it.....
    edited May 2013
    with a ps script i have no clue i used an edited v.0,o of my minecraft script i would look up a ps one and just try n edit it yourself its really not that hard
    edited May 2013
    lol it would not be that hard being an action rpg in some cases i found the controller complimented the game quite nicely and with a little tweaking could be used quite deadly in pvp
  • lexitelexite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the mouse is also moving when im clicking run
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I would totally do this if it was Plug & Play. Currently this looks entirely too complicated and would require some effort on my part.
    edited May 2013
    @lexite You should not have a mouse cursor on screen if you are running (are you using a 360 controller? and have u set it up on your pc b4?) its starting to sound like you held the joystick down when you plugged it in and changed an axis away from 0, try stopping the script and unplugging are re plugging your controller back in then restart the script see if that helps at all
    edited May 2013
    Its really not all that hard it should be a simple copy paste and the software looks like notepad with a run button on top when its open
  • popeonarope101popeonarope101 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm using a $20 aftermarket controller from GameStop and xpadder works fine with this game. Analog sticks work great for movement and looking around, d-pad for potions, and select for mount. Honestly, I would never go back to keyboarding this game.
    edited May 2013
    Yea Xpadder might be the way to go if your not using a 360 controller idk i was looking up how ppl were doing it last night and i just heard bad things about it so i diddnt even try it, but i agree completely i dont think i could go back to the keyboard it was way to smooth running the controller and using your attacks just seemed to have a much better flow i constantly found myself messing up cuz i had hoped up to 1234 from habit lol
  • spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm just going to interject like one of the other posters above and say use XPadder. There is no comparison with scripting. There is no issue with auto-run. I've already got setups for several character classes, and I didn't pay for the program either. There are download locations that offer slightly older versions for free, if your netfu is strong and have good antivirus to scan the .exe.

The ability to create modifier keys with alternate key binds is completely necessary for using a controller with Neverwinter or any other MMO. It's groovy that you're putting a script up and all, but without alternate keybinds and modifier keys it's wasted effort.

Mainly because you need 'use', 'jump', all 8 abilities, your potion slots, your horse, auto-run, voice chat, and probably a few extra things I'm forgetting bound to the same controller. Playing with Tera's built-in controller support really showed me how it's done as far as controllers in 'Action' MMO's and it's what I based my own control setups on.

Namely, I use the paddle's as 'alt' and 'ctrl' or 'profile 1' and 'profile 2'. Those change the keybinds on the A, B, Y, X, Triggers, and D-Pad.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • prgerryprgerry Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi all,
    what about this?

Use down arrow to switch between combat profile and normal profile (when u r not fighting)
    In each profile u can hold down RB for switch button function for alternate function.

Example, in combat mode, 'x' 'y' 'b' are keyboard 'q' 'e' and 'r' but if u hold down RB they are '3' '4' and '5'.
    In each profile 'A' is 'f', back for esc and start for map. Up arrow open the inventory and u can jump pressing left stick.

Discover other function playing.

With this profile u can play neverwinter with xbox 360 joypad without any restriction ^_^

Feel free to redistribuite this profile to everyone!
    //NEVERWINTER
    //by Gerry
    //michelegirini@gmail.com

// CAMBIO PROBILO
    if pressed(xinput1.down) and var.profilo=0{
    var.profilo=1
    say("normal")
    }elseif pressed(xinput1.down) and var.profilo=1{
    var.profilo=0
    say("combat")
    }

key.m=xinput1.start
    key.esc=xinput1.back
    key.f=xinput1.a //azione
    key.i=xinput1.up //inventario
    key.space=xinput1.leftthumb //salto

if var.profilo=0{
    //COMBATTIMENTO

key.shift = xinput1.leftshoulder //schivata
    key.tab = xinput1.rightthumb //potere grosso
    key.1=xinput1.Left
    key.2=xinput1.Right

if xinput1.rightshoulder = false {
    //poteri
    key.q=xinput1.X
    key.e=xinput1.Y
    key.r=xinput1.B
    }else{
    //pozioni
    key.3=xinput1.X
    key.4=xinput1.Y
    key.5=xinput1.B
    }

}else{
    //CAZZEGGIO
    key.c=xinput1.left //scheda personaggio
    key.6=xinput1.right //cavalcatura

if xinput1.rightshoulder = false {
    key.n=xinput1.X //mestieri
    key.j=xinput1.Y //diario
    key.k=xinput1.B //schermaglie
    }else{
    key.o=xinput1.X //gruppo
    key.b=xinput1.Y //mostra personaggio
    key.g=xinput1.B //gilda
    }

}

// fuoco e mira
    mouse.leftbutton = xinput1.RightTrigger
    mouse.rightbutton = xinput1.LeftTrigger

// movimento
    d = 0.5 < xinput1.joy1x < 2
    a = -2 < xinput1.joy1x < -0.5
    w = 0.5 < xinput1.joy1y < 2
    s = -2 < xinput1.joy1y < -0.5

// puntamento normale 17
    if xinput1.joy2y > 0.2 or xinput1.joy2y < -0.2 then
    mouse.DirectInputy = mouse.DirectInputy - 17*deadzone(xinput1.joy2y)
    endif

if xinput1.joy2x > 0.2 or xinput1.joy2x < -0.2 then
    mouse.DirectInputx = mouse.DirectInputx + 17*deadzone(xinput1.joy2x)
    endif
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    The priests of Kelemvor have disallowed Necromancy within these halls.
This discussion has been closed.