test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mount is bugged

trueshinsotrueshinso Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Cannot mount my nightmare, it was working fine before. I left an instance and suddenly i couldnt mount. when i try it says "you cannot use this power." I bought a rental to see if its the entire mount system, but its just my horse.
Post edited by trueshinso on

Comments

• trueshinsotrueshinso Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shameless bump
    edited May 2013
    BUMP is shameless
    edited May 2013
    bumpitty bumpkinite
    edited May 2013
    Cannot mount my nightmare, it was working fine before. I left an instance and suddenly i couldnt mount. when i try it says "you cannot use this power." I bought a rental to see if its the entire mount system, but its just my horse.

sooo, anyone else got this issue?
    edited May 2013
    bumping the thread
    edited May 2013
    and doing it again
  • jeronimo24jeronimo24 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I also have this issue. Except the mount never actually worked for me. I received the mount before I dinged 20. Upon dinging I equipped it. However, whenever I go to mount up I get the same "You Cannot Use This Power" message, but the rental horse works perfectly fine. Submitted a ticket a day ago, but so far no response.
    edited May 2013
    glad I am not the only one. this is driving me bonkers, and I know its an issue they are gonna take their time to fix. I dont think that the tech support team is alive anymore. This game is so buggy, they dug a mass grave for themselves and this game after about the millionth ticket on the 3rd day of OB.
    edited May 2013
    bumpppppitty
  • robert1196robert1196 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jeronimo24 wrote: »
    Yeah, I also have this issue. Except the mount never actually worked for me. I received the mount before I dinged 20. Upon dinging I equipped it. However, whenever I go to mount up I get the same "You Cannot Use This Power" message, but the rental horse works perfectly fine. Submitted a ticket a day ago, but so far no response.
    same problem like you
  • gilivethgiliveth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I also have this issue. Except the mount never actually worked for me. I received the mount before I dinged 20. Upon dinging I equipped it. However, whenever I go to mount up nothing at all happens not even a error message
  • sritthhsritthh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A friend is having a similar issue. I gave him my second nightmare and when he first equipped it it became bound and will equip to the 6 slot but when he tries to use it gets the "cannot user this power" message. His other mount (the guardian pack horse) does work fine.
  • fart133fart133 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have a problem like that, but i have my perm mount in the 6 slot, but when i press 6 to use it, the character use a basic attack, like i was pressing the left click button, i checked the keybind and all is fine, i even reset the keybind just to check, and still doesnt work.
  • soutenniza12soutenniza12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same here, i wish i can use my horse D:
  • rhazes1rhazes1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    I can't use my mount either. It tries casting my right click at will. Rebinding, restarting didn't fix it clearing all keys didn't fix it. Now I have a mount I spent $100.00 on keys to unlock I can't use. It only affects my main my other characters have the same keybindings but aren't affect yet.

This might be one of those bugs they ignore for months.
    I spend all day reading every thread and letting people know this is BETA.
    edited May 2013
    Looks like a permanent bug and we have to wait for it to be fixed. I've tried every thing I could think of to fix it.
    edited May 2013
    Would like to see a cryptic rep say they are aware of this bug and on it.
    edited May 2013
    bumping until this addressed.
  • vincentk18vincentk18 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bump for these guys, this is complete B.S. Cryptic... this is NOT a "free game", many people have spent WAY more on this game than for a brand new, bug-free game-of-the-year console game.

FIX. YOUR. STUPID. BUGS.

It may be a beta, but you should NOT have rolled out pay-features until they worked PERFECTLY. Cash-hungry nitwits.
  • bazbrugbazbrug Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having this same exact issue, I tested my other character with the old keybind and he can still mount so it must be a character specific bug. Going to use my laptop and see if it is related to a temp file stored on your computer or if it is saved on their server. Will post after I test. Referring to fart133 in terms of the issue as I also just use a basic attack.
  • ztempestztempest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue for me, except this happened with the nightmare mount purchased with bars. It was working, then stopped working after I did a respec. Now pressing 6 does nothing. Guardian mount still works though oddly.
    edited May 2013
    bazbrug wrote: »
    I'm having this same exact issue, I tested my other character with the old keybind and he can still mount so it must be a character specific bug. Going to use my laptop and see if it is related to a temp file stored on your computer or if it is saved on their server. Will post after I test. Referring to fart133 in terms of the issue as I also just use a basic attack.
    Looks like keybinds are stored on their cloud, tried it on 3 different computers and still cannot mount on my main character.
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, its a nasty bug. Without mount your slow to get in battle in pvp, your to slow for contests on maps and running everywhere is a pain in butt especially in later maps where the paths are limited.

I put in a ticket about this 2 days ago so in a week or so I should get a response.
    edited May 2013
    UPDATE: I hit level 26 and put a point into the primary ability I use and it changed my primary ability to my mount? I moved my primary ability from the power sheet back onto LMB and tried to mount and it worked. Perhaps skilling up your primary ability will fix the bug for this particular instance of it?
    edited May 2013
    bazbrug wrote: »
    UPDATE: I hit level 26 and put a point into the primary ability I use and it changed my primary ability to my mount? I moved my primary ability from the power sheet back onto LMB and tried to mount and it worked. Perhaps skilling up your primary ability will fix the bug for this particular instance of it?

Thank you this worked for me. I removed my mount and put a point in the ability that the mount button was trying to cast and then equipped my mount and it worked
    edited May 2013
    i cant try that, my basic skill is already lvl 3, and the problem started when i added the 3rd point to that skill. i dont know what to do.
  • wwenbowwwenbow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I also had this problem. I bought a new mount and it worked, but the old mount was still bugged, so it seems to be a problem with the mount item.
    edited May 2013
    i have a new mount (brindle horse) now and it works fine, but my previous one (sabino horse) is still bugged.
    edited May 2013
    anyone that has this issue, please post here. I dont want them to be able too ignore it... Hell I would at least like a response from a Mod. If I do get one it is gonna be automated...
  • dovedove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am also having this problem and have submitted a ticket.
    I once convinced a Lich to make me a tree that grew cupcakes and like the Tressym its a much hated creation in the realms. Now I search for the cupcake tree wherever I go, Cryptic please give me my cupcake tree. :p