No sound

2»

Comments

• unshvndillonunshvndillon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks ellandri, worked like a charm :D
  • foosnarkfoosnark Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Confirmed this fixes the problem for me too.

(And I have 64-bit drivers, for what it's worth.)
  • jasonfethjasonfeth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think that this thread should be stickied :)
  • atleastitsnotwowatleastitsnotwow Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Worked for me too thanks!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey all,

Glad that you've found a solution!

For those who still don't have sound, can you please post here with:

a) what OS you are using
    b) what audio hardware you are using (on-board, sound card, etc.)
    c) what settings you have in your audio options for output device (digital out, speakers, etc.)

Thanks!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • closeshotcloseshot Member Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    had this happen to me today as well sound was going in an out, with footsteps, and even voices are very low with the npcs. then when i was doing a dungeon the sound cut out. my whole sound from my comp didnt work either but alas a quick restart fixed that. have yet to see if sound works in game tho.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sirbeletangsirbeletang Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Worked for me thanks for the help :D
  • selfsimilarselfsimilar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thanks much, ellandri...
    i had relegated myself to the ranks of id10t's as i had no idea what the problem could have been
    now, thanks to you...i'm just kinda dumb...lol
    nice job!

#biostar ta790gx a3+
    realtek onboard audio
  • dmaniacdmaniac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    DIdnt worked for me. My OS is Win8 64x my audio devices are AMD High Definition Audio Device and Realtek High Definition Audio. My audio options are Speakers.
    Am i doing anything wrong??
  • snufightssnufights Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had sound yesterday, but today when i started the game, sound wasnt working... -ignorex64check fixed it for me.
  • john242424john242424 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Worked for me too...Thanks. Been dealing with this since closed beta 2!
    Frosted Lucky Charms are Magically Delicious!
  • dmaniacdmaniac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well to those who didnt worked, put some music. thats what i do and have hope that the problem someday will be fixed
  • fallenazaelfallenazael Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm the same. I haven't heard anything out of the game since installing it. Like others on here I've re-intsalled and upgraded drivers but nothing works at all.

I just wish they'd sort it out
  • dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm the same. I haven't heard anything out of the game since installing it. Like others on here I've re-intsalled and upgraded drivers but nothing works at all.

I just wish they'd sort it out

this is not fixing it for me either. saturday ihad sound. now i don't. nothing has changed wtih my system.

win7 64 bit. i7 2600.

footage i recorded saturday uploaded saturday https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imq1CFJkONc
  • bmoney76txbmoney76tx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi I am having the same problem and my sound was working fine last night im on windows 7 home premium x64 and I run a creative sound blaster xfi car and in my game settings it says audio source unknown sounds like its on PWE end and none of ours its something in there software coding or servers creating our issues as mine worked last night and now all the sudden it does not today.
  • bmoney76txbmoney76tx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can comfirm that I have updated my drivers as they were current. I even tried the force verify all files and I tried the -ignorex64check nothing worked for me still says unknown in the options menu for sound device its strange that all of our sounds broke overnight that tells me they need to fix something in the games coding nothing we can do until PWE owns up and investigates the sound coding on there end we should not have to jump through hoops and do tricks to get sound on the game.
    edited May 2013
    Ok sorry for continuos posting but I have the magical fix for anyone that could not get any of the above to work.
    Control panel
    Sound: disable every sound device accept the one you want to use then hit ok relog into game and now sound should be playing
    that worked like a charm for me!
  • su666su666 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same problem... and -ignorex64check fixed it .

output is still "UNKNOW", but the game have sound !!

it's still silent when in launcher, after enter my character list, everything is alright.

Windows 8 64-bit
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3317U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~1.7GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    Realtek High Definition Audio
  • su666su666 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OMG

output is still "UNKNOW", but the game have sound !!

it's still silent when in launcher, but after enter my character list, everything is alright. :)
  • lumi00lumi00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I alternate between my speakers and headphones by changing the default output device in windows. (win7 x64 pro, Via High Definition Audio) Neverwinter worked fine with both if I changed the device before launching the game. Most games handle the change while in game without any problems, some require restarting for it to actually change.

Neverwinter however didn't handle it so well, I had it set to headphones (front jack) and then changed it to speakers (back panel jacks) from windows while in game, the sound continued in my headphones but not in speakers so I figured restarting the game will fix it. But instead I didn't have sound at all when I restarted the game and all the output devices disappeared from the Neverwinter sound settings. If I now set the default device back to headphones from windows and then start Neverwinter, I get sound from my speakers while the settings is still missing all the devices and only lists "unknown".
  • aspektxaspektx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no sound
    default settings changed and back
    drivers all up to date
    G35 headset drivers up to date
    compatibility mode with VistaSP2, Win7
    forced verify to update and patch
    used -ignorex64check
    reset all back to defaults

still no sound

am running Win8 with AMD onboard sound and Logitech G35 headset
  • ingvaiingvai Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a potential workaround for this bug. The exact thing happens to me every time I play, but this seems to work.

Before logging on, I plug in my USB headphones. This workaround only works if you see separate controls for headphone and speaker volume on the task bar. Once, I plugged in my headphones and did not get the separate volume controls, and workaround did not work.

Once in game, all sound should be coming through the headphones. You will still get Unknown for Output Device at character select screen. After you get in-world, you should be able to switch through audio options back to your PC speakers. For me, this has worked every time I have had separate volume controls before loading up. Not sure if it will work with non-USB headphones either (haven't tried).

ETA: Just noticed the bug fix earlier in the thread. D'oh!
  • ekoarekoar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I tried the "Bring up the Game Launcher, click Options, and in the "Advanced command line" box, enter this: -ignorex64check" and never got it to work...untill i copied and pasted it in. I was forgetting to place the "-" at the beginning of the text. You must place the text in exactly as shown (-ignorex64check).
  • hunbun13hunbun13 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    same problem :(
  • letmeliveletmelive Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    *** SOLUTION ***

Hi! I have RealTek onboard and have the same problem with this game and thier other game, star trek online. For both games the work around for me is the same. This requires a bluetooth headset and radio (both are real cheap on amazon) or atleast an addidional soundcard.

I would like to point out my Windows XP has no problems or glitches with my soundcard, just their games.

Step A:
    Right click the shortcut you use to launch the game (mine is on my desktop). Find the "Run In Compatibility Mode" option and check it, and set it to the version of Windows that you are currently running.
    (for example, I am running XP, so I turn on compatibility mode and set it to "Windows XP" mode.)

A SIDE NOTE: While you are here you can change the Launch In mode from Normal Window to Maximized Window if you want to. This will prevent the minimized launcher error and having to come back to this website.

Hit Ok.

Step B:
    1) Connect bluetooth headset.
    2) Load game and login. Press Esc, go to Options, Audio, and change the output device to bluetooth.
    (If you have an additional sound card, switch the sound to it.)
    3) Exit the game.
    4) Reload the game and log in. The sound will currently be coming out of your headset (or your other sound card). Change it back to your RealTek sound card and the sound will play! (If it does not then hit Reset To Defaults a couple of times - waiting for a few soconds inbetween until it does.)
    5) BEFORE you exit the game, switch the sound output back to your bluetooth (or other sound card) then exit. If the game loads with your RealTek sound card selected then you will have to exit and go back to step 1. If the game loads a different sound source first, then you can change it to RealTek for some reason.
  • galileo009galileo009 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Seems nuts, but I fixed mine. The graphics card drivers put my audio through an HDMI cable. Soooo, if you run a Nvidia, check your programs list.
  • draco79draco79 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I am having the same issue. I have tried everything in the forums I could find. I also started a ticked. They told me it was my video card what a joke. Nothing seems to help. In the options it still reads unknown for my audio.

I am also using a Realtek onboard.
  • draco79draco79 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    90% your problem is once you've muted NW in mixer then NW disappeared from mixer for good. It's quite a common problem not just for NW but for many programs. Some people find solution but I couldn't fix it no matter what I do. One day I've installed PC volume enhancer and bam it's fixed.

This worked for me.