test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server Maintenance at Midnight (00:00 5.11.13 Pacific Time)

dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello Everyone,

We will be performing a brief server maintenance at midnight tonight, at 00:00 on 5.11.13 Pacific Time (four hours from the time of this post). The updates primarily surround working towards a smoother online play experience.

More detailed Patch Notes will be posted soon! We'll keep you in the loop regarding progress!

Updated 12:40AM PDT: Maintenance is complete!

Updated 12AMPDT: Maintenance has started!
Post edited by dezstravus on

Comments

• rpgplayerrpgplayer Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    while you are at it, give us the option to buy companion training tome's, it would certainly make my gameplay "smoother"
    Don't be fooled by my avatar, im a guy >_>.
  • birkelbirkel Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Love the game so far and I will sure keep playing it! But there are some optimization issues going along with a few in dungeon client crashes that needs to be fixed asap. But other then that game is good! :)
  • thettocsickthettocsick Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Posting this here because I have no idea where else to post it.

Everytime I try to go to Blacklake District on my level 5 Control Wizard I get the same error. "An error occured while transferring this character its destination map." So thinking it was an issue on my end, I re-installed Neverwinter, tried again and got the same thing. Then I tried doing safe mode, but the game just crashed. So I made a new character, leveled it to 5 and got to the same part, and now I am getting this error again. I have absolutely no idea what's going on, so help would be greatly appreciated. I sent in a ticket but I got the same **** everyone else did, i.e Teamviewer/mumble etc. I do not have either of these programs open, and I don't think they would cause the server to not load my character location.
  • yupp99yupp99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    rpgplayer wrote: »
    while you are at it, give us the option to buy companion training tome's, it would certainly make my gameplay "smoother"

This 100%.I'm really surprised at them not being able to level up.I like the game but companions not leveling and really limited skills surprised me.Even D2/Lod way back when you could ....plus gear them up to a certain extend.That has been a while.I know it is a beta so nothing is set in stone.At least that was the way last time I did closed and open beta.Things can be subject to change.Anyhow hopeful AH gets where you can set a level.That would be a big plus also.
  • thestatesmanthestatesman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    Stop doing maint on weekends please.
  • drakeos99drakeos99 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stop doing maint on weekends please.

It's still open beta mate so they allowed to do maintance when they like not your choice until server goes live this will keep happening until server is smooth to open to Live
    Drakeos Lightblade - Human - Oathbound Paladin (Protection) (MAIN)
    Drakeos Shadowbow - 60 Combat Pathfinder Hunter Ranger (Alt/retired)
    Falados - Drow (Mez) Level 60 Trickster Rogue - Offically retired
    Drakeos - Drow (Mez) Scourge Warlock/Druid (retired)
  • truegamer0truegamer0 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Haven't played Neverwinter for the past couple of days. I do however plan to play today sometime after maintenance.
  • js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please we want info on futur content, will you guy put in new class? if yes when and what kind of class.. if you know :P

Also when will we have access to all paragon path?
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• cptcheese255cptcheese255 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    By midnight you mean day in EU -.-
    edited May 2013
    drakeos99 wrote: »
    It's still open beta mate so they allowed to do maintance when they like not your choice until server goes live this will keep happening until server is smooth to open to Live

Nah. This mentality is a slippery slope. "Hey guys let's bend over because it's open beta." I don't buy this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. These maints can be done at anytime but they choose to do it during weekends when everyone's playing.
  • runicfirunicfi Member Posts: 269 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Nah. This mentality is a slippery slope. "Hey guys let's bend over because it's open beta." I don't buy this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. These maints can be done at anytime but they choose to do it during weekends when everyone's playing.

So instead you opt with the "Hey guys lets not bend over and fight the powah, altough we gain and change nothing" -mentality.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    runicfi wrote: »
    So instead you opt with the "Hey guys lets not bend over and fight the powah, altough we gain and change nothing" -mentality.

I'm actually of the mentality of "being against having the developing company allow customers to make purchases in an unfinished product" sort of place. Open Beta means the game can change at any time, correct?

This means a change may come down the pipes that totally invalidates a purchase you (or anybody) just made. Is that something you're going to "bend over and take"? My vote is no.

But then, this isn't really an open beta, it's a launch. Cryptic is just calling it an open beta to be able to do things like this and not have the entire customer base revolt and be all ticked off. By calling it an open beta, just the intelligent ones will realize what's going on behind the curtain.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
    edited May 2013
    runicfi wrote: »

Nope. Didn't say nothing should be changed. I have a problem with them doing maints on weekends, when most people have their free time. It's like they don't want people to play their game.
  • voqarvoqar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    5-10 minutes is "brief" - 1.5 hours is not "brief" unless you're measuring vs days of downtime. :p
  • ijw473ijw473 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    voqar wrote: »
    5-10 minutes is "brief" - 1.5 hours is not "brief" unless you're measuring vs days of downtime. :p

Is it 1.5 hours? I might be having a reading comprehension fail here, but I didn't see anything.

NM, on twitter now.
  • timothykenrocktimothykenrock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ijw473 wrote: »
    Is it 1.5 hours? I might be having a reading comprehension fail here, but I didn't see anything.

NM, on twitter now.

It is mentioned on the launcher itself. Now why he left it out of his actual post here is beyond me.
  • redstorm55redstorm55 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    down approximately 90 minutes...

https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame
  • muceasmuceas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Open beta my bottom, this game racks in tens of thousands of dollars daily, calling it a "beta" (free gaming for testing purposes) is simply <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • bonestripperbonestripper Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    By midnight you mean day in EU -.-

Yeap, 10:10 AM here and its maintenance in saturday morning, great
  • dmolisher1dmolisher1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well not bothering me today.
    Because i have to do stuff for a couple off hours anyway.
    As long as its not like thursday ... 2 server downtimes.

See you asll later ingame, hopefully.
    Bards are awesome ... music and great tales off adventures.
  • ronsonjonronsonjon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When a game engages in real money transactions there will be expectations from paying customers. Stop defending with "it's beta"
  • vblantonvblanton Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    game is running fairly smooth for me so far, just picked it up earlier tonight
  • prodislymprodislym Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maintenance on saturday morning(EU time/zone) <<PLUS for 4hs>> are you guys crazy??????????
    You just destroyed my fun srsly :/
  • diakoniarakisdiakoniarakis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    prodislym wrote: »
    Maintenance on saturday morning(EU time/zone) <<PLUS for 4hs>> are you guys crazy??????????
    You just destroyed my fun srsly :/

The maintenance isn't four hours long, they said the maintenance will start four hours from their post. They said on Twitter that the maintenance will be 1.5 hours long.
  • kharnagexkharnagex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Still waiting for Agro management to come into play, why as a 11k gear score with all aggro feats Guardian Fighter am I CONSTANTLY fighting the Cleric for Agro...FIX THIS!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • verbeek1989verbeek1989 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Jezus,europe time its 0800. I woke up and cant play. Played 14 hours yesterday.......hurry.
  • kazzelkazzel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Iam happy that care enough to do maintenance in weekends when needed, they could just as well have waited till monday.
  • kurohadakurohada Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The maintenance isn't four hours long, they said the maintenance will start four hours from their post. They said on Twitter that the maintenance will be 1.5 hours long.

Still its a long maintenance with bad timing, i just downloaded and started playing the game on my free weekend day and what do i see? Server shut-down in 1 hour.
  • wilbur04wilbur04 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think that the Drow should be a playable race.
    I mean, it only seems fair since you've got surface elves in the game as well as half-elves.
    Besides, some of the character back stories involve being an "exile of the underdark" so why not be able to actually play a race that would be from the underdark?
    Just a thought.
  • ronsonjonronsonjon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL "happy they care enough" O;o Well Beav the fact that the game is a Huge source of income for them might be why they care ...