test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I understand the nerf but holy HAMSTER come on.

2»

Comments

• Options
    skaitheskaithe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Calling people out because their title isn't showing? Sheesh. Mine didn't show up automatically either, have to go to User CP, My account > Permission Groups to turn it on.
  • Options
    zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If no notes saying it was being reduced, than it is a bug. Report and wait.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bluesteel8bluesteel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zingarbage wrote: »
    If no notes saying it was being reduced, than it is a bug. Report and wait.

LMAO good one
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
    The Older Gamers (25+) - Never too old to play games
  • Options
    bestcarrynabestcarryna Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    wierd, the crit dmg of lash blade ranges from 4k-9k :S
    Kaenerys - Mindflayer - TR
  • Options
    vitrioliconevitriolicone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still seeing some big numbers on Lashing.

I have a feeling this is all placebo effect of the rampant paranoia about incoming TR nerfs.

There are threads on this and DF being nerfed as of today. Looking at damage meters I've seen no evidence at all of DF nerf. My damage is the same as it was in dungeons yesterday using the same DF centric build. If there had been a nerf at all and certainly to the extent people are saying in the DF thread then it would be noticeable. At least half my damage comes from DF/bleed it there would have been a significant change in my damage numbers and there has not been.

I think people are being overly anxious because rogues are always the most visible target for the nerf bat when games like these launch. The fact is CW is far more OP than the TR. I've played from both sides. A good CW right now will wipe the floor with the majority of the opposing team before they can burn him down. Or will at least keep them tied up while the rest of the team caps all the points.

Rogues are just the fashionable target.

Edit: Okay have finished reading through all the "evidence" in this and other "ninja rogue nerf" related topics I've found floating around. This is clearly the result of a game mechanic being fixed and not a nerf to the ability. You can see clearly the ability hits for full dmg and is being reduced by defensive stats in all the "here's my proof" pictures that have been posted up. Lashing is now not ignoring defenses. Lashing was never supposed to ignore defenses. They fixed a broken mechanic. This is the only thing I have seen proven so far.
  • Options
    hurk97hurk97 Member Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    reilz1981 wrote: »
    nerfed the wrong class its CW thats OP not TR

This is truth
  • Options
    gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Last two matches, I was in Rogues were still two shotting me in full PvP gear with their specials. Non special and throwing daggers, I was still getting hit for 2-5k (without echant damage) so I don't think there was a ninja nerf like the poster is saying.

As a control wizard I would be more than happy to have a damage nerf as long as they upped my control timers.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • Options
    hearsticlesicushearsticlesicus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still seeing some big numbers on Lashing.

I have a feeling this is all placebo effect of the rampant paranoia about incoming TR nerfs.

There are threads on this and DF being nerfed as of today. Looking at damage meters I've seen no evidence at all of DF nerf. My damage is the same as it was in dungeons yesterday using the same DF centric build. If there had been a nerf at all and certainly to the extent people are saying in the DF thread then it would be noticeable. At least half my damage comes from DF/bleed it there would have been a significant change in my damage numbers and there has not been.

I think people are being overly anxious because rogues are always the most visible target for the nerf bat when games like these launch. The fact is CW is far more OP than the TR. I've played from both sides. A good CW right now will wipe the floor with the majority of the opposing team before they can burn him down. Or will at least keep them tied up while the rest of the team caps all the points.

Rogues are just the fashionable target.

Edit: Okay have finished reading through all the "evidence" in this and other "ninja rogue nerf" related topics I've found floating around. This is clearly the result of a game mechanic being fixed and not a nerf to the ability. You can see clearly the ability hits for full dmg and is being reduced by defensive stats in all the "here's my proof" pictures that have been posted up. Lashing is now not ignoring defenses. Lashing was never supposed to ignore defenses. They fixed a broken mechanic. This is the only thing I have seen proven so far.

My gripe has been the lack of information made available regarding the patch from the beginning. If it was truly a fix to the defense game mechanic, then we need to KNOW that to prevent rampant speculation and things like this from happening.

I've been testing it as well and it seems you're correct. Unfortunately, I respec'd this morning so I couldn't tell if it was just my new build or a change to Lashing Blade in general.

Regardless, going back to point A -- Cryptic dropped the ball on this one. They need to let us know what is happening with things like this. It's a pretty major fix, if true.
  • Options
    decivexdecivex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My gripe has been the lack of information made available regarding the patch from the beginning. If it was truly a fix to the defense game mechanic, then we need to KNOW that to prevent rampant speculation and things like this from happening.

I've been testing it as well and it seems you're correct. Unfortunately, I respec'd this morning so I couldn't tell if it was just my new build or a change to Lashing Blade in general.

Regardless, going back to point A -- Cryptic dropped the ball on this one. They need to let us know what is happening with things like this. It's a pretty major fix, if true.

^
    This. It also doesn't help when lemmings come in and start trolling with vague terminology that doesn't make any sense like "hur dur there was no nerf Rogues 2shot me using their 'specials' ".
  • Options
    grtaylorgrtaylor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    This is not the first time something from a class has changed with no notes or post about it. The first big one was with the GWF and everyone was saying the same thing. Just need to learn to play the new class cause it is very unlikely that it will be changed back.
  • Options
    securussecurus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree they should have put a note about fixing the skill so it was effected by defense and armor, but it was obvious that the skill was bugged and did more damage than it should, people should have been expecting a fix. I think they actually fixed a few bugs with the actual defense and armor stats as they seem to give a bit more effect now as well. I do think they still need to buff AC a bit as it seems to have too small of an effect compared to straight defense.
  • Options
    l3uck3tl3uck3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    anttwan1 wrote: »
    i just played 5 pvp match's in a row, i went from getting about 5-9 kills in a pvp match. i got 3 in the 5 match's that i played in :(
    I know TR needed a nerf but now i cant even Dmg anyone but other TR..

and with my daily i was maybe getting 3-4k backstab's which is really low. I was doin 6-10k

Maybe people are just getting better? Haha..

Rolled a TR today with my brother. Fun class!
    ReignesLegacy_zpsb47e1102.png
  • Options
    byonahbyonah Member Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    The fact that Deft Strike now does more damage than Lashing Blade in PvP just makes no sense, and tells me that if this is intended and not a bug then Lashing Blade needs a slight buff.
  • Options
    ragemonkey83ragemonkey83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    Hey brains, pve mobs have armor values and deflection too.

Yes brains but they do not vary from purchased gear ......players do and as such create a changing result, for this reason a true comparison can be made on PvE mobs as opposed to PvP players.