test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

XP is too high, I am always overlevelled

hycinthushycinthus Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Between story quests and foundry quests and skirmishes and dailies, I am always overlevelled in the next zone. This was not a problem until i start receiving dungeon, skirmish quests that I cannot queue anymore.

I hate missing content like this, but I also cannot stop doing my daily foundry and daily skirmish and daily PvP because I want the AD and glory. Also, added with XP from praying, it's becoming too much.

Perhaps allow dungeons to still be queued for higher levels, TERA allows this.
Post edited by hycinthus on

Comments

• jedizalmjedizalm Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I missed blacklake because of this...now every time I level, I scour ever area I can find to gather every quest I can get, just in case.
  • hycinthushycinthus Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    jedizalm wrote: »
    I missed blacklake because of this...now every time I level, I scour ever area I can find to gather every quest I can get, just in case.
    I don't think dungeon quests can be gotten this way. Dungeon quest in cloak tower is part of a chain so you have to do all the prerequisites and while doing that, you get over levelled.
    edited May 2013
    that might be true, but I do what I can, and hope for the best....trust me, I know, I'm still doing quests in a level 30 area when I level 41. I fear I might have to do a skirmish or dungeon and wont be able to....At least not the skirmish, but dungeons can be manually entered.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If you only do the zones with every dungeon and skirmish, but only with the rare foundry or PvP match, you'll be 60 when you get to the last zone. I think the XP is right, you just can't go overboard with PvP and foundry before 60. If they lowered the quest XP, PvP an foundry would become mandatory, and if they nerfed (further) XP from foundry quests and PvP, then alternative leveling paths would cease to be viable.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    that might be true, but I do what I can, and hope for the best....trust me, I know, I'm still doing quests in a level 30 area when I level 41. I fear I might have to do a skirmish or dungeon and wont be able to....At least not the skirmish, but dungeons can be manually entered.
    Lvl 40 in one week? This game is leveling way to fast. The majority of Heroes in Canon are at or under 20th!

Drizzt Do'Urduen :Male Drow Ranger6 Fighter8 Rogue2 Dervish1 Barbarian1; CR 20
    Wulfgar :Male Human Barbarian7 Fighter4; CR 11
    Bruenor Battlehammer :Male Dwarf Fighter14; CR 14;

These are Legendary Heroes They changed the face of he Canon world and any two of them are no match for a lot of you guys! And you are not even actually playing the full content of the game!
    :confused:
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
    edited May 2013
    pzzdachu wrote: »
    Lvl 40 in one week? This game is leveling way to fast. The majority of Heroes in Canon are at or under 20th!

Understandable, but you have to realize about Canon is that D&D rules only loosely apply here. The max level is 60 while D&D normal max level is like 40. Used to be 30 in 3.5. Mind you, all this was up to DMs. But no, I just play quite a bit and got to 40. There are PLENTY of people already up to 60 and have been for a few days. Pretty sure the first OB level 60 was within a few hours of release. Maybe a day.
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I disagree with OP, they shouldn't change it just because of your particular playstyle.

Personally I'm always under-leveled because I only quest and I'm ok with that but if it was changed to what you suggest it would suck for those of us that don't do dungeons.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • rakunenrakunen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pzzdachu wrote: »

The game isn't using D&D rules, 60 is roughly analogous to 12th level.

On topic there are an absolute ton of filler quests (hello kill 12 orcs!) if you're spending time in the foundry on PVP and in skirmishes you can easily just skip these. If you look at the time between getting new abilities and the time it takes to unlock conveniences (also why are mounts STILL level restricted?!??!?) then the rate is far from quick.
  • holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having this issue too. If you run the questline only, you'll level accordingly. So people who don't want to run the queues will be nerfed on XP and will have problems keeping level with the story. It's just the way things are. I think this game is great, and can't find any reason to get on the forum and complain.
  • ertranertran Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The problem starts when you want to stay in lvl range of your friends, but want to do for example additional PvP. It would be nice to have button "Level up" when you gain enough exp (you don't gain exp until you decide to lvl up)
  • rikudou87rikudou87 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I always seem to be 1 level or 2 under the current mobs I'm fighting in each zone, so I wouldn't say that the xp needs a nerf.
    RIKUDOU GAMING
    GAMING GENERATION
  • hycinthushycinthus Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    How are you guys earning astral diamond without doing any foundry dailies dungeon skirmishes? If you just stick to the questline and not do anything at all
  • projaeprojae Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    If you only do the zones with every dungeon and skirmish, but only with the rare foundry or PvP match, you'll be 60 when you get to the last zone. I think the XP is right, you just can't go overboard with PvP and foundry before 60. If they lowered the quest XP, PvP an foundry would become mandatory, and if they nerfed (further) XP from foundry quests and PvP, then alternative leveling paths would cease to be viable.

^this bout sums it up..
  • vandsmithvandsmith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sorry - what is canon? is that another game or something?
    edited May 2013
    vandsmith wrote: »
    sorry - what is canon? is that another game or something?

Canon is like knowing Superman is always the good guy, and him being the bad guy is a break of Canon. Canon is the well know and accepted story/lore of a particular universe. This may or may not help you

Canon
  • mosnacky01mosnacky01 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    I disagree with OP, they shouldn't change it just because of your particular playstyle.

Personally I'm always under-leveled because I only quest and I'm ok with that but if it was changed to what you suggest it would suck for those of us that don't do dungeons.

This is the problem with every MMO, the hard-cores cry and the developers institute a war on fun, it needs to stop they are the most vocal not the majority.
    No woman should marry before she has slain her tenth man.-:Vartha Do'Urden
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rakunen wrote: »
    The game isn't using D&D rules, 60 is roughly analogous to 12th level.

Uh, no. 60 is "not-so-roughly" analogous to 20th level.
  • l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I like the way they have it. Everyone has a different playstyle and I hope they don't change it. I never feel like I'm grinding in D&D:Neverwinter which is AWESOME!
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I re-iterate what I said in another topic: The exp rate is fine, the fact of being locked of skirmish and dungeon queues once you outlevel them is not.
  • pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Understandable, but you have to realize about Canon is that D&D rules only loosely apply here. The max level is 60 while D&D normal max level is like 40. Used to be 30 in 3.5. Mind you, all this was up to DMs. But no, I just play quite a bit and got to 40. There are PLENTY of people already up to 60 and have been for a few days. Pretty sure the first OB level 60 was within a few hours of release. Maybe a day.
    I played a Character once or twice a week for 5 years 6 hour sessions to get my most loved character to 20th Fighter/20th Druid! Levels are as easy to get in this game as the clap is near a Marine base!

Level 40 should take us Months of adventuring, We should have to save entire regions of The Realms from hordes of Humanoids, demonic up rises, Liberate Mithreal Hall! All before we even see 20th!40 -60 levels in one week! This has to be the most Monty Hall game I have ever heard of!

820,000 XP in a week for 42nd Level!!!!!
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    hycinthus wrote: »
    Between story quests and foundry quests and skirmishes and dailies, I am always overlevelled in the next zone. This was not a problem until i start receiving dungeon, skirmish quests that I cannot queue anymore.

I hate missing content like this, but I also cannot stop doing my daily foundry and daily skirmish and daily PvP because I want the AD and glory. Also, added with XP from praying, it's becoming too much.

Perhaps allow dungeons to still be queued for higher levels, TERA allows this.

That's interesting. All I have done is the main quest line with maybe 2-3 PVP Matches and 2 Skirmishes and I have been 2-3 levels lower than all the mobs and all the content since like level 17 (Still Pwn'n it though).
  • clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    holt3 wrote: »
    I'm having this issue too. If you run the questline only, you'll level accordingly. So people who don't want to run the queues will be nerfed on XP and will have problems keeping level with the story. It's just the way things are. I think this game is great, and can't find any reason to get on the forum and complain.

Have you been doing any Professions? I've been doing those, the quest line and a few of the contests. But, I've not been doing the Dungeons. I've not had any problem leveling up and receiving the quests.
  • zogvarnokazogvarnoka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Been doing the quest line myself with 10 or so foundry quest thrown in and a couple skirmishes when at level for them. I just hit 30 and am right on track with the mobs I'm fighting. Being +/- 1 level of the mobs isn't that big of a deal really when questing.

The xp system seems made specifically for folks like myself who dabble in things other than the main quest line, but do not go overboard in any one area. And the foundry quest scale to your level for the most part. So you can go back and do them at any time you want.

Edit: And about how high of a level we reach... It is not on the same scale as PnP by any stretch of the imagination. I would say the ratio is probably around 3-4 ingame levels are equivalent to 1 PnP level at the least.
    Removing the Grey Mask
    NW-DJ56XFK6G
    My first installment in the Rise of Shadovar Campaign.
  • realr3sistancerealr3sistance Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Levelling seems too fast to me, I've only been playing this game since Monday and already have a level 39 character... the leveling speed needs to be lowered a bit and content adjusted slightly for that. In my opinion the leveling is too fast and missing content because of the speed of leveling is annoying.
  • zogvarnokazogvarnoka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Levelling seems too fast to me, I've only been playing this game since Monday and already have a level 39 character... the leveling speed needs to be lowered a bit and content adjusted slightly for that. In my opinion the leveling is too fast and missing content because of the speed of leveling is annoying.

Now about the speed of how fast we get levels. I do agree it is way too fast. Personally I would like to take a while to get to max level. Way it is right now with questing and some foundry/skirmishes/dungeons/pvp for dailies/area content most people will hit max level in 45-60 hours. Which is way too short in my mind.
    Removing the Grey Mask
    NW-DJ56XFK6G
    My first installment in the Rise of Shadovar Campaign.
  • hivitrohivitro Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Level 1 to 30 is too fast, i I'm used to earn 1.5 or 2% of my level in another mmo per 4hs/day ... joke here seems to level up
  • denzalodenzalo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hivitro wrote: »
    Level 1 to 30 is too fast, i I'm used to earn 1.5 or 2% of my level in another mmo per 4hs/day ... joke here seems to level up

2% of a level in 4 hours? Yeah, no.
  • killz2manykillz2many Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    They could just add more optional quests. Considering end-game is baren the leveling and foundry is all this game has.
    Killz2Many ~ Greatest Weapon Fighter ~ Dragon Shard
    game-of-thrones-dani-burn-deal-with-it.gif
  • oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    or you could just ya know......stop leveling so fast and see what you want to see.
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bellylintbellylint Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've warned a while ago that one of the MANY things that is destroying this game is the over abundance of exp, it's just too much, should never seen people like me reach max level under 2 weeks and believe me, I didn't exploit nor use foundries that much, just way too much exp and now I haven't logged in 4 days and I'm not even sure when I will ever log again in this game which has no more value for me at level 60.