test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I understand the nerf but holy HAMSTER come on.

nathanreidrobertnathanreidrobert Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Thieves' Den
I get that tr was strong in pvp.....but i went from killing people in like 10-15 seconds and now i can sit on a cleric or wizard for a minute and a half and not kill them, while they seem to be able to kill me in the 10-15 second window if I dont have abilities or dodge. worst part is it was a ninja nerf and I don't know all that changed.

p.s the change happend over night with the patch no lvl, or gear changes just about half damage.
Post edited by nathanreidrobert on

Comments

• Options
    vitrioliconevitriolicone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still killing things other than skilled CW's with relative ease. And then there's just more chasing involved.

Are you seeing damage on everything reduced?
  • Options
    blazing992blazing992 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about 2500 crit dmg with leashing blade today.
    "Nerf paper. Scissors are just fine. Thanks." - Rock
  • Options
    anttwan1anttwan1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still killing things other than skilled CW's with relative ease. And then there's just more chasing involved.

Are you seeing damage on everything reduced?

i just played 5 pvp match's in a row, i went from getting about 5-9 kills in a pvp match. i got 3 in the 5 match's that i played in :(
    I know TR needed a nerf but now i cant even Dmg anyone but other TR..

and with my daily i was maybe getting 3-4k backstab's which is really low. I was doin 6-10k
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    anttwan1 wrote: »
    i just played 5 pvp match's in a row, i went from getting about 5-9 kills in a pvp match. i got 3 in the 5 match's that i played in :(
    I know TR needed a nerf but now i cant even Dmg anyone but other TR..

and with my daily i was maybe getting 3-4k backstab's which is really low. I was doin 6-10k

give us def now and hmm deflect +25%... maybe a shield too, if we can't kill atlast we need a way to survive
  • Options
    uberguberuberguber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I am disappoint...
    Noli sinere te ab improbis opprimi
  • Options
    dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i'm not seeing any patch notes on changes.
  • Options
    bestcarrynabestcarryna Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    when was this?
    Kaenerys - Mindflayer - TR
  • Options
    nemonusnemonus Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013
    I don't know anything about a "nerf", but I just don't feel like I should be so consistently outdamaged by Control Wizards. They are a CC class first and a DPS class second. Why are the constantly topping PvP domination matched and getting highest damage in dungeons? Why do I just let go of the mouse the second I get rooted, because I know I'm going to do regardless of what I do? This is silly. All we have going for us is damage. It's our one role and we should be the best at it. We don't have the multiple-crowd DPS, the defense, the CC, the (good) AOEs, all we have is single-person DPS; and it's constantly failing me for some reason. If I'm getting choked, I can see getting attacked by two other players and dying instantly. But that's not what's happening. I'm freezing, and then suddenly I'm taking so much damage I'm dead before I can move.

I don't know, maybe I just need to wait until I'm level 60 and have more skills available to me.
  • Options
    hearsticlesicushearsticlesicus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lashing Blade ain't what it used to be, it seems.

Might be time to try out that increased stealth time/Path of Blades build strawbz posted.

I'm still doing quite well in PvP with the hybrid burst build though. I've been able to maintain a positive K/D ratio, even in games where my team gets absolutely facerolled. I'm just not seeing any 10k+ lashing blades anymore, even on CWs or other TRs.

I have no gripe with a nerf on Lashing Blade, truth be told. My issue is with a ninja nerf. What kind of developer does major class remodeling without releasing patch notes and makes you use a microtransaction to pay for a respec afterwards?

That's beyond shady.

For shame, Cryptic. This is the kind of stuff that killed Champions Online for you. You should really know better.
  • Options
    divinehopedivinehope Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    Whats even more annoying is how there was absolutely no notes on this, did they think people just wouldn't notice. This is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> poor. However, I am not surprised.
  • Options
    deheezydeheezy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have no gripe with a nerf on Lashing Blade, truth be told. My issue is with a ninja nerf. What kind of developer does major class remodeling without releasing patch notes and makes you use a microtransaction to pay for a respec afterwards?

That's beyond shady.

For shame, Cryptic. This is the kind of stuff that killed Champions Online for you. You should really know better.

This^^^^ Perfectly spoken. I do play a TR and yes they're very fun to play at the moment because they do have a lot of burst. Probably, truth be told, a little to much burst. But i don't the flaw was in the damage alone but in the class balance itself. TR's survivability IS their damage. So now by reducing damage you've reduced survivability for our class.

I was hooked from the first 2 hours of playing this game because it seemed like the game was going to be skill > gear to a large extent. And the best part, Free! I payed for a founders pack not just for a mount but for support for the great idea that this game is! What the quoted poster says at the end should be reconsidered by Cryptic. I'm all for supporting a great game, but i don't like the idea of being bamboozled by a ninja nerf. No class Cryptic.
  • Options
    delekii1delekii1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm confused, is the nerf only for high level, or only in PvP? My lashing blade is critting for as much or more today than it did yesterday.. level 20 TR, crit this morning for just over 1700 lashing blade.
  • Options
    decivexdecivex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It seems to be an issue with crit sev involving LB (may even be a nerf to crit sev and not LB). You can still stack power and get a crit of 1700 at lower levels, that's not the issue. But at higher levels, that crit sev isn't putting up numbers close to what it was anymore (and our only worthwhile tree involves crit/crit sev). So, that 1,700 crit on LB you're getting now won't be scaling as it used to. At least that's how I'm understanding all of this. Still waiting for more numbers to come in to make sure to see what was really changed.
  • Options
    graebeerdgraebeerd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    time to finish my CW, of course, that will be the next ninja nerf
  • Options
    pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    graebeerd wrote: »

Yep, and every other class.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    graebeerd wrote: »
    probably the next nerf will be with cleric's OOOOP shield.
  • Options
    pinkiepie17pinkiepie17 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deheezy wrote: »
    This^^^^ Perfectly spoken. I do play a TR and yes they're very fun to play at the moment because they do have a lot of burst. Probably, truth be told, a little to much burst. But i don't the flaw was in the damage alone but in the class balance itself. TR's survivability IS their damage. So now by reducing damage you've reduced survivability for our class.

I was hooked from the first 2 hours of playing this game because it seemed like the game was going to be skill > gear to a large extent. And the best part, Free! I payed for a founders pack not just for a mount but for support for the great idea that this game is! What the quoted poster says at the end should be reconsidered by Cryptic. I'm all for supporting a great game, but i don't like the idea of being bamboozled by a ninja nerf. No class Cryptic.

Pinkie-Pie-eyes.gif
    Which founders pack? you didn't get guardians or hero's of the north or you'd be having that in your name instead of PWE user.

Not sure if serious or just.......lying
    pinkamena_d__pie_signatur_iii_by_grumbeerkopp-d4uncp9.jpg
    Pinkamena Diane Pie - Great Warrior Fighter
    One, two, Pinkie's coming for you, three, four, you better lock your door, five, six, grab your crucifix, seven, eight, gonna stay up late, nine, ten, never party again.
  • Options
    square0square0 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Which founders pack? you didn't get guardians or hero's of the north or you'd be having that in your name instead of PWE user.

as far as I know, the forum title is an option you can turn on or off

but, as a "Hero of the North" yourself, you would probably know more about that than me
  • Options
    hearsticlesicushearsticlesicus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pinkie-Pie-eyes.gif

I actually did purchase the Guardian pack and it's not a part of my forum ID. Not sure if you have to claim it on the forums or something, or if it's just some kind of bug. No reason for me to lie about it though and I imagine that guy's having the same problem.
  • Options
    stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If this really happened, it's called a stealth nerf and probably won't ever get any explanation because the devs of this game are lazy as hell and don't communicate with people at all on anything. Look at their track record.
  • Options
    reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nerfed the wrong class its CW thats OP not TR
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • Options
    hocofaisanhocofaisan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 190 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I am not commenting on the nerf one way or the other, but aren't My Little Pony Fanboys creepy?
    POSITIVE ABOUT CO IN 2013!
  • Options
    square0square0 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hocofaisan wrote: »
    I am not commenting on the nerf one way or the other, but...

then go away
  • Options
    hocofaisanhocofaisan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 190 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    square0 wrote: »
    then go away

Fine: There is no nerf, its all in your heads.
    Anyone with half a brain can see that the "proof" is a person attacking a high armor target.

Happy now?
  • Options
    urdefmadurdefmad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    hocofaisan wrote: »
    Fine: There is no nerf, its all in your heads.
    Anyone with half a brain can see that the "proof" is a person attacking a high armor target.

Happy now?

hurr durr people tested it on pve mobs as well not just pvp, same thing
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    urdefmad wrote: »

Where are the screenshots of that, or is it unexceptional hearsay?
  • Options
    kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    urdefmad wrote: »

Hey brains, pve mobs have armor values and deflection too.
  • Options
    dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pinkie-Pie-eyes.gif

i bought guardian but don't have the forum title
  • Options
    anttwan1anttwan1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i just hit 60 and have no good gear yet. but this other TR on the other team was allmost one shoting me(20k health). so i guess it isnt that broken. SO i guess its just about gear and such
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sounds more like a fix to defense?