test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CW Crit Exploiters - Punishment?

mayhemsmmayhemsm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 35
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Before you lock my thread again understand I'm not reporting an exploit. It has been reported. I'm asking what will be done.

So, I'm just wondering if there will be any punishment for the people exploiting the CW bug that allows them to 1 hit kill anything including dungeon bosses.

Specifically the Castle Never final boss, as the T3 drops are starting to flood the AH since this bug has appeared (Do a search on 'very rare' items with 'ancient' in the name).

It's frustrating since some of us are working very hard to gear up for this fight, and now people are coming through and farming the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of it collecting the best items in the game and selling off all the excess they get for huge profit with little to no effort.

Also before someone comes back and starts going off about how they are doing it legit, please prove it.
Post edited by mayhemsm on

Comments

• Options
    jkaplan92jkaplan92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This is aboslutely ridiculous. Cryptic you are losing all credibility for not responding to this issue and not punishing people for exploiting your game. What reason is there for honest players not to go buy a fatebender set and start farming castle never? We all know you won't take any action against exploiters. You will fix the bug in a few days and those who have already exploited to get the best weapons in the game will be untouched.

If this was happening in WoW those players would be banned, their items deleted, and their might even be a server roll back. I haven't received a single response to a ticket and haven't even heard of anyone having a ticket responded to. Does Cryptic even have any CSRs? This is absolutely ridiculous to me...
  • Options
    wholesouledwholesouled Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I feel like this is a good topic for discussion. I've tried posting tickets to GM's, in the past and out of my 3 reports, 1 I recieved an innapropriate copy paste answer and the other two I got a message saying they "were lost". So at least allow us to discuss a bug and the implications. Should I be buying T3 items on the AH if I think they were there through use of this bug? If I work with someone who uses a bug, without my knowledge will I be punished? Say I group with a CW and he uses this bug, should I immediately leave group so as not to be associated with him? There are a lot of good topics to figure out in regards to this issue.
  • Options
    wholesouledwholesouled Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also Community manager thanks for responding to the last thread, I'm glad your spending the time to look into these things and I realize its a tough job. :)
  • Options
    ninjajoeninjajoe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had to leave a guild because all they wanted to do was bug or exploit dungeons. I just want to play the game and run dungeons the right way. The only time i want to bug or exploit a game is Dark/demon souls.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    mayhemsm wrote: »
    Before you lock my thread again understand I'm not reporting an exploit. It has been reported. I'm asking what will be done.
    . . . . . We won't be discussing what will or will not be done either. We may, at times, inform players of bans for exploits and such but threads like this and the general discussion of disciplinary actions, especially with Bans, is something we don't do. Please don't re-open this topic. Contact Support for inquiries about Bans, Warnings, Exploits and Exploiters. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.