test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can I autopay $15 a month and get double ZEN please?

gifmikegifmike Member Posts: 41
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I want to support the game and wouldn't mind if there were a way to show it while also getting a little bonus for it. Maybe just 1 1/2? I don't want to pull out the CC every month.
Post edited by gifmike on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2013
    /bump .....
  • Options
    watchyourbackwatchyourback Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dont be a lamer....earn ur gear. nothing wrong with donating but to try and get an advantage for your money and not skill....
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dont be a lamer....earn ur gear. nothing wrong with donating but to try and get an advantage for your money and not skill....
    I would like there to be some sort of subscription and some sort of benefit from it. Possibly a premium membership.
  • Options
    copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would definitely go for a subscription rather than the game forcing me into micro transactions.
    Something along the line of:
    - 800 ZEN OR 250k AD /per month
    - 1 extra Character Slot
    - 1 extra Bank row
    - Free Powers Respec
    - 1 crafting bag of goodies per month
    - plus whatever little perks here and there

all for $15/month.
    The moment you stop paying, you loose the extra perks/inventory/bank slots.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    copticone wrote: »
    I would definitely go for a subscription rather than the game forcing me into micro transactions.
    - 1 extra Character Slot
    - 1 extra Bank row
    - Free Powers Respec

all for $15/month.

That's 2 ppl right here waving money in the air. Any more?
  • Options
    paragon33paragon33 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I don't really care about that aspect (the Zen) But some kind of Sub would be nice. A lot of games are going True F2P with a sub option now. Just make it so the Sub option does not remove whats already avlb from anyone that doesn't. They should have done this tbh. Not more Zen (probably an allowance like most the others do) But automatically get mount access or basic bags. etc.

However with the way its all set up it seems that wouldn't transition very well :/ Maybe this is what the idea of the new packs will be though. Just not called a sub.
  • Options
    paragon33paragon33 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    - 1 extra Character Slot
    - 1 extra Bank row
    - Free Powers Respec

all for $15/month.

Yeah basically thats it... Much better put then me. Well minus the losing slots. Most games with that set up would let you keep them.
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    you loose

Always makes me lol.
  • Options
    oioleihihuoioleihihu Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    count me in mate
    so much for so little, the world has too many dumb people, but wth? That's how they make money!
  • Options
    someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gifmike wrote: »

I would definitely be in favor of something similar. 1 free respec a month, priority queue access, all the jazz. No reason why they shouldn't do it.
  • Options
    zieglerzzieglerz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 197 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    pffftt.....a 10 and a 5?....better take that to the stripper bar....they're looking for the big spender whales....plop down some franklins and you might get their attention.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    someoneod wrote: »
    I would definitely be in favor of something similar. 1 free respec a month, priority queue access, all the jazz. No reason why they shouldn't do it.

Yes respecs, I like to respec more than I change my socks. Let me play with the abilities and their tiers a bit before I decide.
  • Options
    zeuseason411zeuseason411 Member Posts: 107
    edited May 2013
    I'd go a sub option, but no restraints on game play outside of in-game currency that is obtainable in-game.
  • Options
    copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zieglerz wrote: »
    pffftt.....a 10 and a 5?....better take that to the stripper bar....they're looking for the big spender whales....plop down some franklins and you might get their attention.

I don't know what third world country you get your kicks at but here a 10 and a 5 won't even get you a seat, let alone a 3min lap dance.
    I'd rather pay my $15/month here and watch some Tiefling beauty shaking it up for me lol.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I don't know what third world country you get your kicks at but here a 10 and a 5 won't even get you a seat, let alone a 3min lap dance.
    I'd rather pay my $15/month here and watch some Tiefling beauty shaking it up for me lol.

You can get a lapdance for $10 if your not too picky about the size of the lap in your face.
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »
    Always makes me lol.

You mean LOOL? right?
  • Options
    firejusticegafirejusticega Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Star war old ruplic model is bad .
    i think NEVERWINTER DO NOT COPY THEM !!!
  • Options
    chevrefoilchevrefoil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't even care about "double zen" --

I think a "VIP" sub option (like in LOTRO) where you pay a fixed fee per month for certain perks -- for example, cash shop currency, bank slot, bags - would be welcomed by many. In LOTRO, for the "VIP" fee, you get 500 points for the shop, access to premium classes, and a few other tidbits. It's not alot of cash shop currency, but saved up over a period of time, you can pick up expansion packs.

I would sign up in a heartbeat.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why not just toss $15 into zen each month? Then you can do with it what you want.

In games like DDO i payed a year one, but there it makes sense as you unlock all the races/classes/quests, plus can go right to elite without having to do the normal and hard first, plus other things. I also liked what The Secret World did for the lifetime package, so many bonus store credits per pack, so you can do what you want with it.

Here? Nothing you really need that just putting $15 a month in zen won't get you.
  • Options
    clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The autopay suggestion has merit. Anything specific to this game, other than a title or one time pack is iffy. Zen covers all PWE games not just NW so PWE would probably agree to it if they did not have to mantain the system (get a third party to handle the software and Complaints). But tying this to NW would be really difficult.
  • Options
    maragore123maragore123 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tfangel wrote: »
    Why not just toss $15 into zen each month? Then you can do with it what you want.

In games like DDO i payed a year one, but there it makes sense as you unlock all the races/classes/quests, plus can go right to elite without having to do the normal and hard first, plus other things. I also liked what The Secret World did for the lifetime package, so many bonus store credits per pack, so you can do what you want with it.

Here? Nothing you really need that just putting $15 a month in zen won't get you.

Why not have all options open so they can get more monies. I know I would, why limit the public and scare some away? :D Some times you want a monthly fee...and sometimes you don't mind a nice lump sum with a bonus.
  • Options
    bpphantombpphantom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gifmike wrote: »

I would absolutely pay a sub. Then if I take a break I stop paying and go back to the restricted F2P model. Possibly the way Paragon Studios did their F2P model (best ever), or Turbine does theirs (pretty good).
    - bpphantom

Grace, Tiefling Devoted Cleric

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman."
  • Options
    geoffreysgeoffreys Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree, too. I think a good hybrid model would work well.
  • Options
    liontriadliontriad Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wish NW had a lifetime like STO and CO, I like having the zen every month >.<. I wouldve bought it in a heartbeat if they offered it, the founder's pack and hero pack isnt enough, I wanted free zen per month for life, hehe.
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited May 2013
    "Can I reword the question of subs in this game and get a different answer?"
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tfangel wrote: »

That's what I do now. I like to get rewarded when I plan to play a game long term
  • Options
    morinoxmorinox Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would love to see the same type of system that SWTOR or TERA has. Freemium. It's a business model tested and proven to be working perfectly and way better than the pure F2P <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that some companies still clings to for dear life...

Safe to say i'd set up a sub in a heartbeat.
    "For in this modern world, the instruments of warfare are not solely for waging war. Far more importantly, they are the means for controlling peace..."

~Admiral Arleigh Burke~
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Star war old ruplic model is bad .
    i think NEVERWINTER DO NOT COPY THEM !!!

This . SWtoR is NOT free to play . You have to pay to do friggin raids with your guild .

As for the original poster . About every 4 months they do a 15% bonus zen sale . And if you buy 50 dollars worth you get 300 extra zen always . These sales stack . So save your money and at the next sale get 50 dollars worth . And do like me and transfer 1500 zen into your account every month . Just like a subscription . The last sale was beginning of April . I am shure they will do one the month before the official launch .
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not gonna happen. Subs are in STO and CO because they had LTS subs that PWE had to honor and therefore the sub option was left in those games.

It's the business philosophy of PWE to provide games completely free of charge (other than the shop of course, this game isn't really run by a charity, after all, and it takes money to pay the devs and keep the server hamsters happy).

Since NW was still in development at the time PWE bought Cryptic, they decided NOT to add a subscription option.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    morinox wrote: »
    I would love to see the same type of system that SWTOR or TERA has. Freemium. It's a business model tested and proven to be working perfectly and way better than the pure F2P <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that some companies still clings to for dear life...

Safe to say i'd set up a sub in a heartbeat.
    You do know in SWtoR even with a premium sub , you still have to buy inventory space and back pack space with real money ?
    The only thing you get in SWtoR that we do not already have here for free is the respecs . Heck even if you want to respec without going to the droid , you have to pay real money to buy your own respec droid , per character . I do not see why people complain here .
    No fee for raids here , no fee to use auction house , no fee to be able to have companions , no fee to do PvP Q's . the list of what you pay to do in SWtoR is long . You need to sub just to be able to play that game . Not here . NW truly is free to play .