test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

List of Control Wizard armor sets (epic)

imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2013 in The Library
So far, I have found the following sets:

PvE:

Archmage of the Unicorn
(4 pieces + off pieces, Power/Recovery/Regeneration based, obtainable with Unicorn Seals)
No set bonus for the Seals version of this set.

Archmage (different from above)
(4 pieces + off pieces, Power/Recovery/Regeneration based, Boss Drop, Dungeo Delve chest)
2-pieces bonus: +400 Recovery
4-pieces bonus: When you cast a control power, the recharge times on your other recharging control powers are reduced by 1 second.

High Vizier of the Drake
(4 pieces + off pieces, Power/Recovery/Regeneration based, obtainable with Drake Seals)
No set bonus for the Seals version of this set. There is probably a version with set bonuses.

Focal Magi
(4 pieces, Crit/Power/Recovery based, Boss Drop, Dungeon Delve chest)
2-pieces bonus: +400 Critical Chance
4-pieces bonus: Your Control Powers grant Hastening Magic to allies near the target. Hastening Magic grants 225 Power and Recovery for 6 seconds.

Fatebender
(4 pieces, Power/Recovery/Regeneration, Boss drop, Dungeon Delve chest)
2-pieces bonus: +400 Power
4-pieces bonus: Your damaging At Will powers grant you Arcane Flux, which increases your damage by 5% fo your next Encounter power. You may have up to 3 stacks of Arcane Flux.

Magelord
(4 pieces, Power/Recovery/Regeneration, Boss Drop, Dungeon Delve chest)
2-pieces bonus: +450 Power
4-pieces bonus: When your encounter powers strike a target who has more than 75% HP, you gain 900 Recovery for 6 seconds.

Infernal
(I have only seen a chest piece, not sure if there are more, Boss Drop)
No set bonus.

PvP:

Gladiator Mage
(4 pieces + off pieces, Power/Recovery/HP/AP based, obtainable with PvP Glory)
2-pieces bonus: +400 Recovery
4-pieces bonus: Powers in your Spell Mastery slot cool down 25% faster.

This list is unlikely to be complete. If you know more, please post with the details. Thank you! :)
Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
Post edited by imivo on

Comments

• Options
    velizarevelizare Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oh... WTB sticky for this one too
  • Options
    gwasgwas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    There is also the Weaver set. Weaver is power, crit, recovery, defense where power is the lowest stat and it has +450 critical strike. the set bonus is also underwhelming and I can't access the AH at this time to get the information for you.

High vizier has +450 recovery and your control powers steal 450 defense from your target and transfers that amount to you, iirc.

I also want to point out that High Vizier, Magelord and Weaver have 5 set bonus where you can either get the normal gloves for the set or reinforced gloves which I assume have an armor enchantment slot whereas the normal gloves do not.
    Nessa@gwas - 10,500 Gearscore Control Wizard on Dragon Shard.
    4/4 Castle Never legit. 4/4 Shadow Weaver set. 1/2 Ancient Court Magister.
  • Options
    natural20snatural20s Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    Does it all look the same?
    mkemtf.jpg
  • Options
    pantamimepantamime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thanks for all the helpful posts imivo!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PVPer rocking it Solo queue style since the dawn of Neverwinter
  • Options
    zellistazellista Member Posts: 100 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Focal Magi
    Hat: ? (none in auction so far)
    Armor: 6 AC, 168 power, 392 critical, 392 recovery, 333 defense
    Gloves: 108 power, 252 critical, 252 recovery, 218 defense
    Boots: 108 power, 252 critical, 252 recovery, 218 defense
    2 piece set bonus: 400 critical (looking at the first one only)

Fatebender
    Hat: ? (none in auction as well)
    Armor: 6 AC, 392 power, 392 recovery, 333 defense, 168 regen
    Gloves: 252 power, 252 recovery, 218 defense, 108 regen
    Boots: 252 power, 252 recovery, 218 defense, 108 regen
    2 piece set bonus: 400 power

Shadow Weaver's
    Hat: 126 power, 279 critical, 279 recovery, 242 defense
    Armor: 6 AC, 196 power, 434 critical, 434 recovery, 369 defense
    Gloves: ?
    Boots: ?
    2 piece set bonus: 450 critical

Getting 2 piece of each Focal Magi and Shadow Weaver's seem to be the way to go for maximum criticals.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I haven't really looked at focal magi in detail before, nice find zellista.
  • Options
    zellistazellista Member Posts: 100 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm guessing that Shadow Weaver is tier 2 while Focal Magi is tier 1 (based on epic dungeons, tier 2 needing higher gear rating to join). This being that Shadow Weaver is a direct upgrade to Focal Magi purely in stats (4 piece bonus aside). This also means that there is probably a set that acts as a direct upgrade to all the other sets as well (like fatebender etc). I don't know if its better, in terms of DPS, to get a full set of Fatebender rather than getting 2 piece of each critical sets tho, due to the 5% encounters damage boost that you get to stack up to 3 times (15%).
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    natural20s wrote: »
    Does it all look the same?

I'm curious about this too. I have seen the gloves and boots of fatebender and focal only, and they look exactly the same. :\ The seal unicorn boots are different though, so i'm not sure, but would love to know how different things look, if at all.
  • Options
    waltz7976waltz7976 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not 100% sure I grasp what's going on here.

Is there more then 1 set of tier 1 gear?

It would be nice if someone could clear this up, and if it drops from the dungeon that are listed at t1 in the game. Maybe list the gear in the tier that it belongs so people can get an idea of maybe, how to get it as far as progression goes.
  • Options
    fortie1fortie1 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    were does fatebender head and chest drop ?
  • Options
    thedraugthedraug Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    where are magelord set from ?
  • Options
    zinx38zinx38 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got a shadow weaver set drop, pretty sure its T2.
    G8V1SZX.png

Also the castle never drops a weapon+offhand set. It's called Ancient Court Magister. The set bonus gives an extra 450 recovery.
  • Options
    doctorcomicsdoctorcomics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    yeshuaruledyeshuaruled Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys I'm also getting T2 set drops in all Epic Dungeons. This maybe in line with the new patch because this wasn't happening before. I'm a Guardian but I got my T2 bracers in Epic Cloak Tower.
  • Options
    chulhanchulhan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zellista wrote: »
    I'm guessing that Shadow Weaver is tier 2 while Focal Magi is tier 1 (based on epic dungeons, tier 2 needing higher gear rating to join). This being that Shadow Weaver is a direct upgrade to Focal Magi purely in stats (4 piece bonus aside). This also means that there is probably a set that acts as a direct upgrade to all the other sets as well (like fatebender etc). I don't know if its better, in terms of DPS, to get a full set of Fatebender rather than getting 2 piece of each critical sets tho, due to the 5% encounters damage boost that you get to stack up to 3 times (15%).

Probably still better to get the crit combo t1-t2. That's quite a bit of crit to lose, and if ur a crit mage, then... I suppose if you go thaum it might be better, but still there are no tests/tooltips that mention internal cooldown timers on all these nifty set bonuses. I'd rather just have straight up 850 more crit, that's 2 major items worth easily...
  • Options
    robman1978robman1978 Member Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    fortie1 wrote: »
    were does fatebender head and chest drop ?

I got the hat out of a dungeon delves chest in Epic Cloaktower.

No idea where they actually drop though.

Sold it for 900K AD. Couldn't be happier!
    Guys I'm also getting T2 set drops in all Epic Dungeons. This maybe in line with the new patch because this wasn't happening before. I'm a Guardian but I got my T2 bracers in Epic Cloak Tower.

Really? So where do we get T1 stuff then? I got my Fatebender's helm in Epic CT. No T2 stuff, but I got it a few days ago.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    robman1978 wrote: »
    Really? So where do we get T1 stuff then? I got my Fatebender's helm in Epic CT. No T2 stuff, but I got it a few days ago.

I'd like to know what is actually considered T1 and what is considered T2. If T2 is dropping in all, that makes it even more confusing.
  • Options
    lisau1974lisau1974 Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    tfangel wrote: »
    I'd like to know what is actually considered T1 and what is considered T2. If T2 is dropping in all, that makes it even more confusing.

Castle Never drops T3. No idea where T1 and T2 gear drops. I got a few pieces running elite dungeons. My guild is nice enough to carry me until I get the rest of my T3 drops.
  • Options
    rympharympha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    lisau1974 wrote: »
    Castle Never drops T3. No idea where T1 and T2 gear drops. I got a few pieces running elite dungeons. My guild is nice enough to carry me until I get the rest of my T3 drops.

I do not believe this is accurate. Castle never doesnt drop any armor sets, just weapon sets (which I believe are still T2 but just have a set bonus if you get both) and accessories. However, all the belts, necks, and rings ive seen from there are all terrible. Farm CN for your weapons, but dont go in thinking your gonna get armor out of there. Shadow Weaver set is our best set atm, unless you count the bug that allows us to crit for like 2 million with the set that gives you the arcane flux for the 4pcs bonus.
    vox_edited-4_zpsf285842b.png
  • Options
    serpentussserpentuss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    So for a dps/crit mage what set is suggested ?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    serpentuss wrote: »
    So for a dps/crit mage what set is suggested ?

Shadow weaver
  • Options
    stinkpeltstinkpelt Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Idris extra chest just dropped a Fatebender's armor for me.
  • Options
    voresiavoresia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pics of full fatebender on a tiefling male.
    http://imgur.com/a/1gIsk
  • Options
    applepotatoepieapplepotatoepie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rympha wrote: »
    I do not believe this is accurate. Castle never doesnt drop any armor sets, just weapon sets (which I believe are still T2 but just have a set bonus if you get both) and accessories. However, all the belts, necks, and rings ive seen from there are all terrible. Farm CN for your weapons, but dont go in thinking your gonna get armor out of there. Shadow Weaver set is our best set atm, unless you count the bug that allows us to crit for like 2 million with the set that gives you the arcane flux for the 4pcs bonus.

So curiously, has Shadow Weaver been parsed vs Magelord? I'm still having trouble believing crit set is good when we have Eye of the Storm and Cat companion available. I have 2/4 Magelord pieces but still not decided whether to equip now or sell while the price is astronomical.
  • Options
    xlvrxlvr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What equipment options and enchantment options should Renegade CW go for? Critical > Power or Power > Critical?
  • Options
    rafnduderafndude Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is the 4-set bonus worth it or would it better to get 2 magelord for 450 power and 2 weavers for 450 crit and the CN MH,OH for 450 Recovery? just an idea?

also does everyone else go for crit/power/recovery for max dps or do we need some other stat?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rafndude wrote: »
    Is the 4-set bonus worth it or would it better to get 2 magelord for 450 power and 2 weavers for 450 crit and the CN MH,OH for 450 Recovery? just an idea?

also does everyone else go for crit/power/recovery for max dps or do we need some other stat?

I went for the 4s Shadow weaver, the bonus is nice because I give everyone on my team a free vorpal enchantment pretty much. Also I want my build geared towards critting alot and often. I have decent power, and recovery with the set. I have no issues.

I rarely get hit so deflection isn't that big of a deal for me, I have defense from my gear and since I'm a mage I am not worrying about being tanky. I also gain some life steal from my 4s and armor pen is useless for me since my at will and enfeeblement reduce mobs mitigation.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Another thread on the same topic, just for information sake.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?246091-List-of-Control-Wizard-set-items
  • Options
    necrodaggernecrodagger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are some pictures of the High Vizier Armors here:

Tunic | Gloves | Cap | Slippers
  • Options
    multifixmultifix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does anyone know where the shadow weaver set drops?