test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ENTIRE party AFK in pvp

hycinthushycinthus Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
My brother cannot post yet so this is on his behalf and displeasure. We have been hearing about many people afk in PvP, but it did not hit home until last night, when he was in a party where 4 people AFK! What a travesty. He got so pissed and he went AFK too, might as well get the glory right.

Also it seems the other team is AFK as well, with only 1 person claiming points.

Is this because of a free game attitude? Or broken mechanic? Or both?
Post edited by hycinthus on

Comments

• Options
    riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No punishment for AFK'ing, huge reward.

You do the maths.
  • Options
    johnperqjohnperq Member Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    I think it has something to do with the AD diamonds.
    Now you can complete the daily while watching tv.
    I assume in the future they will update the game
    so you will only complete the Daily when actually
    participating, and rightfully so.

PS: PvP can be really fun on balanced teams.
    I dont really get why people dont just do them.
    Oswald <Semper Fidelis> - http://semper-fidelis.guildlaunch.com
  • Options
    chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They need to figure out a fair way to not allow pikers to earn glory.

THen PVP will be fun.
  • Options
    foolishlobsterfoolishlobster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You get more Glory/hour if you afk than actually trying and making the match go on for 15-20 minutes.
  • Options
    mmoplaya1971mmoplaya1971 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I find it interesting that people sign up to play a game, only to figure out ways to not actually play the game.

PS if you are the captain and notice that you have one or more AFK losers on your team, do what I do. Kick them all, then leave group. no honor!!!
  • Options
    jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I D/Ced once, and when I signed back on and everything, I was still in the group and everyone was yelling at me for AFKing when I never really did
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
  • Options
    karzak851karzak851 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I find it interesting that people sign up to play a game, only to figure out ways to not actually play the game.

PS if you are the captain and notice that you have one or more AFK losers on your team, do what I do. Kick them all, then leave group. no honor!!!

Most people will always choose the path with least resistance and fastest in mmos
  • Options
    holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    karzak851 wrote: »
    Most people will always choose the path with least resistance and fastest in mmos

Most poeple are weak, at least today's generations.
  • Options
    chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They should award AD and Glory based on participation, you get more based on kills and assists. Those that afk and get no kills or assists get nothing.
    @Powerblast in game
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tissues are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> that way
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    chuckwolf wrote: »
    They should award AD and Glory based on participation, you get more based on kills and assists. Those that afk and get no kills or assists get nothing.

Or lower the 15min activity timer to 1min or so during pvp.
  • Options
    jjeshopjjeshop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    johnperq wrote: »
    Or lower the 15min activity timer to 1min or so during pvp.

this does nothing
    IGN: Teseanna

Closed :D Beta :D Tester
    [SIGPIC]i100.photobucket.com/albums/m23/jjeshop/ooo-1.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It's getting to the point where it's spreading and everyone thinks it's okay, because if he's AFK while watching netflix, why do i have to shoulder the burden, ill go AFK too.

I mentioned this last night to the guild, and thr response was, "this is the norm these days" and "welcome to the world of MMO".

I guess there's nothing to do about it until the mechanic is changed. I agree it is human nature to choose the path of the least resistance for the highest gain.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Alternatively a ranking could be implemented.
    A pointing system where you receive points by winning,
    and loose points by loosing.

The smaller the gap between the two parties at game-over,
    the more points the winner gets, and the fewer the loser loses.

Then autobalance parties using said stats, taking pre-qeue parties
    into consideration offcourse.
  • Options
    rikudou87rikudou87 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Joining together with a friend or 2 sometimes bug out - experienced that myself as my friend never got the option to join whilst I did.
    RIKUDOU GAMING
    GAMING GENERATION
  • Options
    projaeprojae Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This happens in just about every single game with instanced battlegrounds.. Why did they not foresee such? I knew it from the very first match I played that "rewards for doing nothing" and no auto afk kick means that a bot could sit and queue up PvP matches all day (macro) while at least getting a lost worth of xp for any completed match EVEN with a big 0 score...
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think it has something to do with the AD diamonds.
    Now you can complete the daily while watching tv.
    I assume in the future they will update the game
    so you will only complete the Daily when actually
    participating, and rightfully so.

PS: PvP can be really fun on balanced teams.
    I dont really get why people dont just do them.

Oh but according to the fanboiiesss the cash shop design of this game is perfect and making them tons of money. (as if they had access to private, internal, confidential sales figures)

This game is wrought with so many problems all stemming from their greed its disgusting. Great game, very poorly micro-transaction design... sadly this game is failing. When the spoiled bratty kids spending hundreds of mommy's money get bored and burned out in 1 month this game will be a ghost town.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Cash Shop has some issues but its not THAT bad.
    Cash Shop has nothing do do with wanting AD though.
    As far as I am aware, except for the founders, every
    AD bought by ZEN requires someone to farm it, and
    vice versa. Even the contrary, AD is relatively cheap
    now with all that founder AD floating around. Once that
    is used up AD's value will go up and AFK'ing would get
    worse, if nothing changes.
  • Options
    lsyalsya Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not a PVPer, but I decided to try it out last night on my cleric and rogue. I actually had a lot of fun.

The first time, our team won...yay.

The second time, we got beat bad. But that's ok. I still had fun...except...my entire team quit. So, I was out there trying to fight and dieing all by myself. I just don't get people. "oh...we're losing, I'm going to quit now..." WTF people? Just keep going and try again next time. I hate that mindset of quitting if everything isn't going just perfect.

The 4th match was very even, and it was a great battle.

I will say that seeing people quit wasn't as bad as seeing someone just standing there AFK. I had one person go AFK las night, and it really ticked me off. Then after a while, I realized I was the team leader, and I kicked him.
    L'sya Raiya
  • Options
    h4wkeye101h4wkeye101 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yesterday I saw a person advertising on Zone chat how he is looking for people to go afk in PvP.... Really? How the hell did PW launch this beta without even thinking someone will abuse this. Should be autokick after 5 mins and a punishment so you cannot queue again for a couple hours.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lsya wrote: »
    "oh...we're losing, I'm going to quit now..." WTF people?

I'm a bit simular on that part as you i guess.
    Especially since when you do go on while loosing,
    it really is possible to change the tide of battle.
    Those are the moments you learn the most.
  • Options
    lsyalsya Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm a bit simular on that part as you i guess.
    Especially since when you do go on while loosing,
    it really is possible to change the tide of battle.
    Those are the moments you learn the most.

That's a very good point. The times in life when we really learn things is when we screw up. If everything always went perfect, we'd never really learn anything new. Whenever I lost to someone in the PVP fights, I tried to learn what I was doing wrong and correct it next time.

If people would stop going AFK or quitting, they might actually get better and enjoy the game.
    L'sya Raiya
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    h4wkeye101 wrote: »
    Yesterday I saw a person advertising on Zone chat how he is looking for people to go afk in PvP.... Really? How the hell did PW launch this beta without even thinking someone will abuse this. Should be autokick after 5 mins and a punishment so you cannot queue again for a couple hours.

Yes i agree this is happening in dragon server too. I guess they want to afk together so no one gets kicked.
  • Options
    b0r7b0r7 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lsya wrote: »
    If everything always went perfect, we'd never really learn anything new.

Then you must be a perpetual loser, since you haven't figured it out. If you haven't learned yet, its the human element and how humans give up easily if they cannot win. It means, they cannot figure out how to beat the opponent and leave the cards on the table while walking away. All humans are different in their learning capacity and ability on how to react to it...if they cannot figure out how to beat the oppoent they just walk away. So don't get mad, just be happy your winning. If its your team that is losing because they are quitting, try this...."QUIT!" and stop queing up with random PUGs as you cannot rely on random people.

On the flipside, perhaps the better players in the top winning ranks should stop curb stomping amongst the common riff raff and just compete amongst the elite (cause if the fight is very one side, there is no point to continue it and quit). Just because you are better, doesn't mean you the right have to fluff your score with really easy kills...just means you suck better than half the player base but the other quarter will outright smack your *** around. Really should have rank type combat, which helps reduce quitting since its human nature to "all right, you win!" and give up (its called surrender in the real world, but the likes of the one quoted probably prefer if humans didn't give up in war and just charge to their death pointlessly)
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    hycinthus wrote: »
    My brother cannot post yet so this is on his behalf and displeasure. We have been hearing about many people afk in PvP, but it did not hit home until last night, when he was in a party where 4 people AFK! What a travesty. He got so pissed and he went AFK too, might as well get the glory right.

Also it seems the other team is AFK as well, with only 1 person claiming points.

Is this because of a free game attitude? Or broken mechanic? Or both?

My Sisters friends cousin had the same thing happen. I wish this would happen to me. I join a PVP Match and feel like there are nine people beating on me!
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have no problems actually playing PVP but when the score is 500 to 50 or whatever and I'm the only one on my team playing then I'm just going to sit up there too since 5 vs 1 isn't fun if you're that one person. I figure at that point just let them have all three points so the match can end as quick as possible and maybe the next match will be better. Even worse on that Hotenow map when the other team basically spawn camps you since it's possible for players from the other team to get up there.
  • Options
    doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If I'm a group leader and I see my team is **** and we don't have AFKers I kick them when the other team is at 990.
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus
    Guild Website: http://www.PraetorLupus.com

Hero of the North & Guardian of Neverwinter Founder.
  • Options
    segejin1segejin1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    holt3 wrote: »
    Most poeple are weak, at least today's generations.

said every generation ever
  • Options
    isenhart00001isenhart00001 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well its gets worse.. I got in three maches last night where the leader just kicked everyone from the grp then he went afk. Fix this or I go back to daoc.
  • Options
    beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    segejin1 wrote: »
    said every generation ever

sad but true and it could very well be that it is a continual decline so all were correct.