test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hairstyles unavailable to the player

lughlavadalughlavada Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So I was playing in the foundry and found a hairstyle that is not available as a choice during character creation.

FbIXe8E.png

I want this hairstyle. Why can't we have nice things? :(

At least put it in the cash shop. :P Make all the hair available to us. In exchange I promise not to release a live badger into your office. (Note, the three badgers that showed up last week had absolutely nothing to do with me, scout's honor.)
Post edited by lughlavada on

Comments

• nvmbanelingsnvmbanelings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    there's many hair styles that are NPC-only that aren't available to players.

the zen merchant for the mount is one that springs to my mind immediately. she has a waist-length hairstyle. as far as i know, every single female has all the same hairstyles more or less.

and yes, i'd like that style too. .-.
  • lughlavadalughlavada Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    there's many hair styles that are NPC-only that aren't available to players.

the zen merchant for the mount is one that springs to my mind immediately. she has a waist-length hairstyle. as far as i know, every single female has all the same hairstyles more or less.

and yes, i'd like that style too. .-.

Ooh, I haven't paid attention to that merchant when I've been around her. I'll have to go look at her when I get done in the Foundry editor. :)
  • rakkanothrakkanoth Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I noticed this too. There's no really long hairstyle (eg waist) for us to choose from :(
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some of the hairstyles are probably restricted, in the regular game, to NPCs that aren't going to move a great deal. There'd likely be some nasty clipping issues in combat, for example.
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Some of the hairstyles are probably restricted, in the regular game, to NPCs that aren't going to move a great deal. There'd likely be some nasty clipping issues in combat, for example.

Hair doesn't have physics in this game. It's a static model. If it looks good while the npc is still it will look good when it's moving too. :)
  • hycinthushycinthus Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This has always been the reason in many MMO female cannot have long hair because of clipping issues.
  • tharkantharkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Before they give new hairstyles to players, I would like them to fix some clipping issues old hairstyles have, namely the medium wavy hair on female tieflings.
  • nvmbanelingsnvmbanelings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »

there's more clipping issues than just that.

a lot of tiefling hair styles clip through the horns; the tails clip through any sort of cloth, etc. really, they should just offer the styles and let the players decide.

^ what tharkan said.
    edited May 2013
    there's more clipping issues than just that.

a lot of tiefling hair styles clip through the horns; the tails clip through any sort of cloth, etc. really, they should just offer the styles and let the players decide.

^ what tharkan said.

The tiefling hairs already do this. Also, what I should have said is that if the hairstyle looks good on the Halfling, it always will. I think there already a few hairstyles some races get but others don't. Either way lol, I want this hairstyle on my halfling.
    edited May 2013
    tharkan wrote: »
    Before they give new hairstyles to players, I would like them to fix some clipping issues old hairstyles have, namely the medium wavy hair on female tieflings.

They're not giving us a "new" hairstyle. This is already in the game, and would require next to no effort (probably add a boolean entry to in a certain field of the game's database (in the hair's row) indicating the hair is enabled as a playable hairstyle).

What you're asking for is remodeling, and is much more time intensive, as it would require an actual human to sit down and spend many hours in 3d studio max (or maya or whatever in-house application they use) tweaking it, changing one vertex at a time, until it looked perfect.

Either way, no reason we can't have both a fix for Tiefling hair AND they could also make other hairstyles available that are already in the game's models. I don't know why you'd think it would have to be one or the other..
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are a few hair styles in Cryptic's other games I would like to see make it over here. Namely the Top Knot from STO.