test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shall we discuss "Beta Test"?

2»

Comments

• spacecowboy3117spacecowboy3117 Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    The fact that nobody can agree on what the term 'Open Beta' means.... is evidence that the term is useless. Call it Open Omega for all I care, if the product is available to anyone who wants it, you are taking money for services rendered.... its gone beyond simple 'testing'
  • pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The fact that nobody can agree on what the term 'Open Beta' means.... is evidence that the term is useless. Call it Open Omega for all I care, if the product is available to anyone who wants it, you are taking money for services rendered.... its gone beyond simple 'testing'

The fact of the matter is it doesnt matter what any of us wants to call it. The developers have said its Open Beta. So its Open Beta. Our opinions on the matter are not going to change that fact
  • johndrakenfeldjohndrakenfeld Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At this point in the Beta test the monsters should be set to believe able levels and properly placed! I'm very disappointed with the Tower District! The Orc monsters are over powered in comparison to the Character Classes! The Monster placement needs serious retooling.
    And to top it off Please read and comprehend the original material before attempting to create a video game! The Eye of gruumsh warders should be Area sub bosses at best not one every other camp! common sense scenario design states that the players should never half to use more then 50% of their resources. Your System has us using 150% of our resources Not cool. We do not need games designed by "Tim the Tool man Taylor"!
  • ozmodon01ozmodon01 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its pretty awesome this thread was already made. Totally agree with the OP. When you as a company start accepting money for services the product is no longer in beta. I also agree with the OP that the term "beta" is being used just to shut up the simple minded.
  • neolitheneolithe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When you as a consumer pay money, you're telling the company you support whatever they're doing. Have a nice day broooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
  • lucidp2klucidp2k Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Webster dictionary defines Beta Test as...
    "a field test of the beta version of a product (as software) especially by testers outside the company developing it that is conducted prior to commercial release."

It seems simple enough, but am I the only one who feels insulted every time I see the current "release" called open beta? It comes across as a publicity stunt being utilized in hopes that the majority of the player base are simple-minded cultists taking the word of the "almighty" as fact. If this is "open beta," what is release??? Is release the point in time where PW decides, "OK, the forums aren't filled with complaints, let's tell the masses the game is now in its release form"?

The truth is, the game is in its commercial release people. This is NOT a beta test! If I tell you my PC is Santa Claus, it doesn't mean it actually is!

Disclaimer: I am a founder, still play it and think it's a great game. However, I do not agree with the smoke and mirrors they call "Open Beta Test."

Post as your founder account.
    gwhEUci.png
    Spend less time complaining about shop prices and more time improving your salary.