test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

This game was designed for trolls and a-holes

kruvathkruvath Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
If you're a troll or an a-hole then Neverwinter is the game for you.

Fancy some PvP? Well if you want to get fast glory just go AFK! Who cares about actually doing PvP, you want them purples! But maybe you want to get a better reward, how about that blue item? Well, forget about PvPing, just go and capture points, then leave them so you lose them, and retake them for more points! Get the points to get the points to get the points to buy them PvP purples. PvP = Player versus Points. If someone on your team is dying and needs help, forget about that, there's a point to capture! If the other team is capturing a point, don't defend it, just let them take it, then retake it for more points! You don't even need to bother trying to win or fight anyone!

But maybe you'd like to troll some PvE, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off them kids and scrubs? Sure, just queue up for a dungeon, and start needing on everything. Forget if the other players want the item, you can sell it on the auction house! Or, at least to the vendor! Then you can just buy the gear you want, since it's all BoE. Don't worry about being kicked, they can't get a replacement here, and if you're the group leader, there's no way you'll be kicked!
Post edited by kruvath on

Comments

• Options
    urdefmadurdefmad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lmao epic

pvp point system is indeed <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
  • Options
    infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you insane? Why are you complaining?

Today we had a patch that fixed

LOCKBOXES BEING TRADEABLE
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • Options
    qqafgqegqe4agqqafgqegqe4ag Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is pretty broken. In a group, you can Need on everything. Then when you get to the final boss that requires you to "gather your party", you can wander off and waste all the time in the world while you grief the four people that can't get rid of you.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    infi321 wrote: »

Greatest. Post. Ever.
  • Options
    infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is pretty broken. In a group, you can Need on everything. Then when you get to the final boss that requires you to "gather your party", you can wander off and waste all the time in the world while you grief the four people that can't get rid of you.

Yup. Its pretty much some of the worst <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> design of a game ive seen long in an mmo.

Never have so many, grieved so much.
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • Options
    brolleunbrolleun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Too true.

Players aren't rewarded for doing anything in pvp other than capturing points.

Players can need on any item, even if their class can't use said item.

What does Cryptic focus on: fixing the foundry so players can't level a bit faster than their intended quest chain allows. Why does anyone care how someone gets to 60? Is the market going to suddenly be monopolized? Is their PVE content going to suffer for it? Is PVP content going to suffer from it?

There are actual exploits in game, and not these fictional ones individuals are whining about, but what needs addressing isn't being addressed, or even acknowledged by the staff. Alot of the mechanics in game need to be reworked with group play in mind, and needs to take into account people don't want their time wasted because individuals don't want to play a game, but greedily play into a system that encourages a selfish mentality by proxy of their in game currency and cash shop.
  • Options
    kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Exploiting is an exclusive feature that will be dealt with 60 days after launch.
  • Options
    redeclipzeredeclipze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Trolls and jerks are 90 percent of the pop of every game.... welcome to 2013....

Not very different from savage br's.

Tis' the life of a gamer... to be an a-hole, blame competitive mentality aka Americanism.
    BiS DC Seyfried - PvP / CN farm (Dragon Server) 1st Degree Burns

twitch.tv/redeclipze
  • Options
    stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Greatest. Post. Ever.

I liked it, but I still think your post about Do'Urden fan fic was the greatest post of all time.

Sincerely, Kanye
  • Options
    asakochanasakochan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    infi321 wrote: »

really??? but i sold like 15 boxes today! lol!!! :D
  • Options
    dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Finally a game where i fit in.
  • Options
    crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To speak to your pvp point since most people don't know this. The way to win pvp ISN'T to guard a point. If you and your friend are guarding 1 point you are doing your team a disservice. The way to win is to always go to an enemies fully capped point ASAP. Forsake everything else. Even if there are 4 people there are you are alone you charge into the circle. (YOU MUST BE ON THE CIRCLE PLATFORM) What does that do? IT STOPS THEM FROM ACCUMULATING POINTS. Points are only accumulated by having a fully capped node. 1 person standing at an enemies fully capped node suddenly makes the node NOT fully capped and so it stops generating points completely.
  • Options
    kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Problem is that its not an isolated thing about 1 player, there are whole guilds running that scheme since open beta launch. Some of them who were in closed beta and knew very well the system could be exploited in that way.
  • Options
    xxviimbxxviimb Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You forgot the rage quitters who quit if they do not win loot or if someone dies.
    and the ****-tards who steal your prof. mats while you are fighting( this has my nerves boiling)
    "You have a wife and kids? If so, what would happen, if we called you in at 1am, everytime something went wrong!
    Be respectful, remember, you PLAY the game at your convenience, they WORK at no ones."
  • Options
    mentalise1mentalise1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol'd at this thread, I'll finish the rest of this post later, brb capping points
  • Options
    spacecowboy3117spacecowboy3117 Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    So did the Trolls eat the Rangers, Druids, and Paladins?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    They are coming soon with the horde of new paragon paths.
  • Options
    xxhumorxxxxhumorxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    I agree, PvP is broken, and players shouldn't be rewarded for going afk, it's kind of a joke to be honest.

However, how much fun would you actually have in PvP if your team was getting tossed around like ragdolls? Does that make it fun for the losing team? Nope, not really, what's the point of fighting a losing battle in the first place? I can't see any reason why no sane man wouldn't go afk. The game isn't Tier based, nor has any form of "Matchmaking", and honestly, no one here can say they enjoy getting shi_t on by the other team, and not feel like just giving up.

Fighting an entire team of people who've been geared out since day one, have had more time to play then others, and all they do is spend majority of their time in PvP with overpowered gear just isn't fun. There've been matches where you literally can't touch someone due to how much defense they have due to gear.

I personally can't blame people for wanting to go AFK during a losing battle to gear themselves up so they actually stand a chance. And this is coming from someone who has the full PvP gear, and has been sh_t on many times. Course, me and my team never went afk, however, we never really enjoyed ourselves either when the battle was one sided.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    xxhumorxx wrote: »
    I agree, PvP is broken, and players shouldn't be rewarded for going afk, it's kind of a joke to be honest.

However, how much fun would you actually have in PvP if your team was getting tossed around like ragdolls? Does that make it fun for the losing team? Nope, not really, what's the point of fighting a losing battle in the first place? I can't see any reason why no sane man wouldn't go afk. The game isn't Tier based, nor has any form of "Matchmaking", and honestly, no one here can say they enjoy getting shi_t on by the other team, and not feel like just giving up.

Fighting an entire team of people who've been geared out since day one, have had more time to play then others, and all they do is spend majority of their time in PvP with overpowered gear just isn't fun. There've been matches where you literally can't touch someone due to how much defense they have due to gear.

I personally can't blame people for wanting to go AFK during a losing battle to gear themselves up so they actually stand a chance. And this is coming from someone who has the full PvP gear, and has been sh_t on many times. Course, me and my team never went afk, however, we never really enjoyed ourselves either when the battle was one sided.

Good post but you cant justify people doing that. In one game there was only three of us trying to fight back, if you care about a game in any shape or form your at least going to try to fight back, no? Its not like your going to loose money in gambling and there is no penality for loosing in PvP, you even get rewarded.
  • Options
    judgemonroejudgemonroe Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xxviimb wrote: »
    the ****-tards who steal your prof. mats while you are fighting( this has my nerves boiling)

Sorry, what makes you think those are *your* materials?
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry, what makes you think those are *your* materials?

Because if there were mobs placed on top of them, it was clearly designed so that you would fight them first. To ninja the materials after someone else engages is weak (<- Proper use of "ninja")
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Haha, +1 OP, gave me a good chuckle.

But yeah, let the "Ooooo SHINEY" phase wear off n the niche pop settles in. Every new game has to deal the the ****-tards untile the pass on to the next new thing.
  • Options
    screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    Because if there were mobs placed on top of them, it was clearly designed so that you would fight them first. To ninja the materials after someone else engages is weak (<- Proper use of "ninja")

I was going to reply that I agreed with judgemonroe, but you just ninja'd spot #22 in this thread. You are a bad person. :(
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was going to reply that I agreed with judgemonroe, but you just ninja'd spot #22 in this thread. You are a bad person. :(

Indeed, I'm in your house, eating your Hot Pockets.

Back on topic, people shouldn't have expected much, Cryptic has never had a track record for good PvP. It was good for maybe the first two weeks in CO, until people started totally breaking it. It's been horrible for STO and they're promising to do something about it later this year, but no one there is holding their breath.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you want to succeed in PvP, then it is necessary to group with dedicated PvPers that are more interested in the challenge of actual human vs. human combat than people that just want the rewards.

I have advocated the following system in Star Trek Online for STFs (their version of dungeon delves) and other public queue content. It is based off of the Incarnate Raid system from City of Heroes. The game measures the activity level of the various players and each public queue event has a minimum activity threshold. If a player does not exceed the minimum activity threshold, then they don't get a reward or just a consolation prize. The activity threshold should be low enough that any active player should be able to get it. In dungeons, it could be set up so you have to at least damage a certain number of mobs to get it. So just walking around and grabbing chests would give nothing.
  • Options
    psychicslugpsychicslug Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't do ever will do pvp so can not comment on it have played the game thus far and found the control wiz kicks butt the rogue does great now the two handed weapon fighter needs work very weak solo needs better way to keep self alive other than healing potions, guardian is fine the way it is and well the priest don't know don't do those. the loot system does need to be addressed those who roll should not be given option to roll need unless they can use item still will not stop all the greed but may give a fighting chance to most. as for variety please give some options for weapon choice have a dwarf who needs a 2 handed axe really bad. as well as clothing options and of course anything else that will break up the attack of the clones
  • Options
    jdk2011jdk2011 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    This was to be expected. Developers dont have the same mentality that gamers do. Thats why this is "open beta" and not full launch. They knew that as soon as the cheating, exploiting gaming community got a hold of this game they would expose every crack and fault. I'm confident they'll get it sorted. The gaming communities, especially with mmos, are so bad and filled with rotten folks these days I will not group unless its 100% friends.

Imagine a game where the devs didnt have to waste so much time fixing exploits and putting complex rules in to prevent cheating and could take all that time and put it towards content.
  • Options
    maebeknotmaebeknot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xxhumorxx wrote: »

Reminds me of another MMO that has PVP. I hear they have ranked matches now but I'm sure they are the same unless your whole team is fully decked out with "(insert adjective here) PvP gear".
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What happened to playing with friends or looking for a friendly guild? You won't have any of those problems.

Also, I think going afk (not actually, but refusing to be a victim of bullying) when your random group is matched against a premade is perfectly "legitimate". I don't mind premades and I think it's the smart thing to do, I just won't play against them. Premades should not be matched with PUGs.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    borneolborneol Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It seems that almost every new MMO suffers from people going AFK. It's been happening since the dawn of instanced PvP but developers still hope it won't happen in theirs. It should get nerfed eventually. Now the loot system... what were they thinking... I don't even...

These are experienced MMO developers. I wouldn't blame you for thinking that they would have a grasp on how players behave by now.