test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I would like feedback, please.

2»

Comments

• duskdweller78duskdweller78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey I just played your quest, I think you have great ideas but you need more time to refine the implementation. Lets start with the cons.

Cons
    The map design is rather bland, you need to add more stuff to the maps, especially to the exteriors, the green ground texture provided with the foundry is rather boring, so we MUST add details to make it believable.
    I didn't like the way you placed most of the encounters, they just stand there watching the same direction like tin soldiers.

Pros
    There's some really cool visionary stuff going on here, I'm not going to spoil anything, but I really liked what you did.
    I loved the last boss design (keep in mind that big flames + water + lot of fog made the game a bit laggy, and I'm on a I7 + GTX670).
    Campaign:Different Seasons
    Author: @BardicKnowledge
    Q1: Prologue - The Lady and the Worm NW-DPQPJSVTH
    Tags: #Challenge, #Story, #Solo, #Group
  • avaedanavaedan Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    Hey I just played your quest, I think you have great ideas but you need more time to refine the implementation. Lets start with the cons.

Cons
    The map design is rather bland, you need to add more stuff to the maps, especially to the exteriors, the green ground texture provided with the foundry is rather boring, so we MUST add details to make it believable.
    I didn't like the way you placed most of the encounters, they just stand there watching the same direction like tin soldiers.

Pros
    There's some really cool visionary stuff going on here, I'm not going to spoil anything, but I really liked what you did.
    I loved the last boss design (keep in mind that big flames + water + lot of fog made the game a bit laggy, and I'm on a I7 + GTX670).

Thanks for the detailed feeback. You are absolutely right about the "tin soldiers". I should probably add some more animated life to them. (I don't really want them ALL walking around though, that'd be a bit hectic.)

As far as ground details go, are you refering to the last map? Or in general? The second map seemed to have enough scenery in it (in my opinion), but I could see adding some detail to the third.

Either way, thanks again for the feedback!
  • duskdweller78duskdweller78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First interior was too basic for my tastes, the second map was good, the third looked bland even though it's the one with more details in it, it's because of that boring green grass texture :) you'll need to cover it as much as you can.

I don't know if it's working as intended, but I was able to skip 90% of the fights in both exterior maps.
    Campaign:Different Seasons
    Author: @BardicKnowledge
    Q1: Prologue - The Lady and the Worm NW-DPQPJSVTH
    Tags: #Challenge, #Story, #Solo, #Group
  • eulerdmoogleeulerdmoogle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Finished your mission. That was .. unique. Good unique fortunately. The maps seemed a bit barren at times though, I'd like to see more weird bits in the dreamscapes. Not much to say otherwise.
    Try my missions:
    A Small Dwarvish Grudge: NW-DUI8A8I7R
    The Brink of Disaster: NW-DFDJKW9QF (Still in beta)

thorlief_banner_1.png
  • avaedanavaedan Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    Finished your mission. That was .. unique. Good unique fortunately. The maps seemed a bit barren at times though, I'd like to see more weird bits in the dreamscapes. Not much to say otherwise.

I'll definitely have to add more to the maps (probably the third map) to make them less barren. Thanks for the feedback though!