test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

With this rolling system you wont even survive 1 month.

asdfqwertysasdfqwertys Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Title says everything..Awesome job cryptic.

Lets bypass the fact that dungeon queue is so long about to 1 hour for anything.

Lets bypass the fact that trash/bosses are made for blind console players and require no skill at all but since they are so big you need 40mins to finish them anyway..

Lets just lose every item for our class because everyone can roll on everything and then the winner simply mocks you are the end with "Gg **** you noobs, thanks for the AD".

Oh i know..NEW OFFER, 10.000 ZEN, BLOCK OTHERS FROM ROLLING ON YOUR CLASS GEAR, NOW ONLY ON THE ZEN STORE!

I dont really see the reason to play this game when the rolling system is like this.
Post edited by asdfqwertys on

Comments

• Options
    deggon0601deggon0601 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Join a guild and only do runs with them...your que times will disappear your ninja looters will disappear....you see where I am going with this? I never understood why people don't want to make friends and join guilds in mmo's...that is what they are about after all.
  • Options
    lordtureilimlordtureilim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    This is why I don't play with randoms. No offense meant to anyone here I may have come across ingame, but I'm almost phobic of playing with people I have no prior experience with because of the sheer frustration they're capable of dealing when it comes to progress and acquiring gear you need.
    "The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time. "
    What better happen when Paladins are introduced someday...A glorious union it shall be.
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deggon0601 wrote: »
    Join a guild and only do runs with them...your que times will disappear your ninja looters will disappear....you see where I am going with this? I never understood why people don't want to make friends and join guilds in mmo's...that is what they are about after all.

What this guy said.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    wythore210wythore210 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Title says everything..Awesome job cryptic.

Lets bypass the fact that dungeon queue is so long about to 1 hour for anything.

Lets bypass the fact that trash/bosses are made for blind console players and require no skill at all but since they are so big you need 40mins to finish them anyway..

Lets just lose every item for our class because everyone can roll on everything and then the winner simply mocks you are the end with "Gg **** you noobs, thanks for the AD".

Oh i know..NEW OFFER, 10.000 ZEN, BLOCK OTHERS FROM ROLLING ON YOUR CLASS GEAR, NOW ONLY ON THE ZEN STORE!

I dont really see the reason to play this game when the rolling system is like this.

You got a point there! I actualy feel that the loot roll system could be improved, meaning if an item is red to you, you could only greet it and expect no one else wanted it. Today I run Cloak Tower with my rogue and there was another rogue in the queue group that didn't do anything besides kitting all the mobs for no apparent reason. Result: he won EVERY SINGLE loot roll, both red ones and usefull ones like 2 blue items that I actualy need it. He ended up quitting the group right before the last boss. This is realy sad for players like me that run dungeons to find good loot to actualy use them and end up with nothing.
  • Options
    banecrushrbanecrushr Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    All it takes is that one <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to join a your que, roll need on YOUR last piece of raid gear and YOU will join or form a guild. To heck with taking those chances again and again... GUild up bro, as stated above.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Sir, were now surrounded"!
    Thats great news son, now we can attack from ALL sides"!
  • Options
    siasia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol yeah its majorly frustrating, personally, i wait till everyone has rolled if i see someone need an item they cant use i need it as well, afterwords i offer the classes able to use it the chance to have it.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    banecrushr wrote: »
    All it takes is that one <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to join a your que, roll need on YOUR last piece of raid gear and YOU will join or form a guild. To heck with taking those chances again and again... GUild up bro, as stated above.

And THIS is the problem right here. What makes that drop Yours? Simply because on a random roll of 1 to 5 it hit your class? Didn't everyone put in the same amount of work? And yet everyone rolling equally on an item they all equally helped to get is such heresy as to be worthy of blacklisting and banning. Now ill agree, it can be a bit rude. But rude is not against the rules. In fact the rules, as provided by Cryptic, are pretty clear.

All gear is BOE not BOP. This was a conscience choice by Cryptic.
    Having the AH run on AD, meaning it is border line real money transactions, is a huge green light to gear trading.
    Cryptic has heard and completely ignored, and remained silent, on all issues about changing the need/greed system.

How much clearer can it get. This rule about only rolling need on class items is a player rule that has no bearing or support from cryptic.

Personally, I feel this entire need/greed garbage needs to simply go away. its old school and past its time. Id much prefer the system to distribute loot automatically and privately so none of this loot jealously would happen. And so that everyone can still come out with something. But you don't see me crying in every thread about it. Nor do I honestly expect it to ever happen.
  • Options
    stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I love the answers in this thread.

"If you want to play the game and have fun, join a guild or be punished for not joining one!"

That sounds like a fun game with an awesome community. Welcome to Neverwinter!

The point the OP is trying to make is that new players are going to get a horrible impression of this system the moment they queue up for a dungeon, are the only one of their class in the party, and their items get ninja'd from them to be sold on the auction house because of the awful greed induced system that is currently in place (and won't ever go away). The only people who will be playing this game by October will be our brave northern heroes of the white knight's roundtable because they'll be too swollen with pride over that luxurious $200 they spent and they'll be here, wondering where everyone went.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The point the OP is trying to make is that new players are going to get a horrible impression of this system the moment they queue up for a dungeon, are the only one of their class in the party, and their items get ninja'd from them to be sold on the auction house

You have facts to back that up? Because I disagree. Its more reasonable to assume most new players don't even understand the whole need/greed system and the whole player created social norms in its use.

Cryptic didn't decide what should be needed or not. Or they would of made the system different. It is the players. Players who have experience with similar systems in other games. So its the experienced players that are angry of this. Not the new ones. The new ones honestly, really wouldn't have any frame of reference to know better.

I recall one new player in CO recalling how she never clicked greed. Simply because she didn't want to seem greedy. If you didn't know any better, would you click the greed button? And this is hardly a singular case.
  • Options
    isopointisopoint Member Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    And how do other games manage it?

It was like this in WoW for the longest time even if it had bind on pickup items. They changed it now so you can't need on certain items, but then there is still an issue with offspec.

It's strange for some reason I need on everything now that isn't red which is a total opposite I do in WoW because it's usually greed. Even those uncommon profession items I need on. Maybe most items should just be auto roll.
  • Options
    stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    You have facts to back that up? Because I disagree. Its more reasonable to assume most new players don't even understand the whole need/greed system and the whole player created social norms in its use.

Maybe I should have been more clear in that I don't mean people who are new to MMOs. I mean people who are new to Neverwinter. Most MMOs have need/greed systems and before anyone flames me, I know what Guild Wars 2 is and I've played it.
  • Options
    lokaidraxmartislokaidraxmartis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so what did you do 5 years ago? before a block on rolling on other classes gear was ever thought of let alone implemented? i gotta wonder that... know what we did back in the day? *pipe in mouth* we formed dem dere guilds...and made dem dere friends...and ran with dem dere people we knew uuum yup! dose were da days...

while i agree with you OP... its not as big an issue as i think you are making it out to be... just dont run end game content with pugs problem solved.
  • Options
    stonedbillstonedbill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I'm sorry, but anyone who has played a recent MMO knows the need/greed system.
    1ovlbg9.png

Smoke@stonedbill - Mindflayer - 60 Rogue
  • Options
    infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I recall one new player in CO recalling how she never clicked greed. Simply because she didn't want to seem greedy. If you didn't know any better, would you click the greed button? And this is hardly a singular case.

No offense but if someone does that, that person is ****ing clueless and needs to have his or her pc removed!
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Given what I've seen from this community, so far, they might as well just remove the need button all together.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Given what I've seen from this community, so far, they might as well just remove the need button all together.

Well they *should* have set it up so that each person gets their own personal loot.

The crazy part is that's how STO already works.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Almost lost a nice pair of gloves today, but I won the roll. *yay*
  • Options
    ydwrosydwros Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You play for free? Open Beta? Don't talk, Else pay 50 Euro Buy the game, and see Queue vanish and than start complaining... as i said, w/e is free no matter what it is, no1 forces you to play, but still you come here to complain... MANNERS..
  • Options
    roanxvalorinroanxvalorin Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    TLets just lose every item for our class because everyone can roll on everything and then the winner simply mocks you are the end with "Gg **** you noobs, thanks for the AD".

WoW has last about, what is it now? 8 years? And still strong.

What does WoW have to do with it? rolling system was no different for years.

You will get the Dbags time to time. Sure They shoulda made class gear only need roll, but meh, im accustomed to this type of rolling anyway.
  • Options
    krnefraikrnefrai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've only ran a few dungeons so far, all just random queues...they were all nearly instant parties (maybe because I play GF?), and the random people were pretty much all only rolling need if they actually needed it. However, I never expect to go into a raid with randoms and be able to get my gear. I go in with randoms for just practice/fun, and that's most any MMO I've ever played (though I agree, it would be nice if loot was locked to that specific class!). If I'm going after gear seriously, then I only go with friends. When I do PUG though, I always roll 'greed' unless it's an item I can use - if nothing else, you will find it easier to find like-minded fair people that will want to party with you more often.
  • Options
    myklrmyklr Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It states in red that your class can't use this item if you can't use that item. Roll Need on that and you are just a jerk.

Maybe NEED should be grayed out if you can't use that item.
  • Options
    cocksworthcocksworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The difference is when gear is BoP and someone can't use it they have no reason to roll need on it. When you make epic gear BoE and you make EVERY lvl 60+ gear progression item cost AD you have people roll need on anything they can sell.
  • Options
    pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Just have everyone roll need and stop worrying.
  • Options
    prunetracyprunetracy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everyone saying to just run with people you know: This is not a solution to the problem. Sure, you don't have to worry about it anymore, but the general public still does. If you're under the impression that you and your guild can financially support the entire game yourselves, you're mistaken.

Here's the thing: you agree something is broken. You know that it sucks that random people can roll on anything. You can solve the problem for yourself by avoiding random groups, but you know there's a problem, so why the hell are you shutting down the feedback here? Fixing the rolling system solves the problem for everyone, isn't that better?
  • Options
    effeleffel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And THIS is the problem right here. What makes that drop Yours? Simply because on a random roll of 1 to 5 it hit your class? Didn't everyone put in the same amount of work? And yet everyone rolling equally on an item they all equally helped to get is such heresy as to be worthy of blacklisting and banning. Now ill agree, it can be a bit rude. But rude is not against the rules. In fact the rules, as provided by Cryptic, are pretty clear.

All gear is BOE not BOP. This was a conscience choice by Cryptic.
    Having the AH run on AD, meaning it is border line real money transactions, is a huge green light to gear trading.
    Cryptic has heard and completely ignored, and remained silent, on all issues about changing the need/greed system.

How much clearer can it get. This rule about only rolling need on class items is a player rule that has no bearing or support from cryptic.

Personally, I feel this entire need/greed garbage needs to simply go away. its old school and past its time. Id much prefer the system to distribute loot automatically and privately so none of this loot jealously would happen. And so that everyone can still come out with something. But you don't see me crying in every thread about it. Nor do I honestly expect it to ever happen.

Your antisocial argument is laughable! If the Devs support this sort of behavior then why is it a need/greed/pass system at all, if they wanted to support your "Me generation" "new school" approach they would have made it a roll/pass system.
    I just love reading the justifications of the self absorbed. please get with Webster's & read the definition of "Need" then when you are done read the definition of "greed" your picture is there after all..........
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    prunetracy wrote: »
    Everyone saying to just run with people you know: This is not a solution to the problem. Sure, you don't have to worry about it anymore, but the general public still does. If you're under the impression that you and your guild can financially support the entire game yourselves, you're mistaken.

Here's the thing: you agree something is broken. You know that it sucks that random people can roll on anything. You can solve the problem for yourself by avoiding random groups, but you know there's a problem, so why the hell are you shutting down the feedback here? Fixing the rolling system solves the problem for everyone, isn't that better?

Only if you agree that the rolling system needs fixing.

If you make this change, I hope you're ready to hear things like:

"I won't queue for that, nothing drops for my class there."

Followed by:

"I've been in the queue forever! Fix nao Cryptic!"
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    deggon0601 wrote: »

Yeah this is NOT a solution.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My solution to the Need/Greed/Pass gear problem.

I don't let it be a problem to me. I pick up enough gear in missions. My inventory bursts with gear. I focus on the fun.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    effel wrote: »
    Your antisocial argument is laughable! If the Devs support this sort of behavior then why is it a need/greed/pass system at all, if they wanted to support your "Me generation" "new school" approach they would have made it a roll/pass system.
    I just love reading the justifications of the self absorbed. please get with Webster's & read the definition of "Need" then when you are done read the definition of "greed" your picture is there after all..........

Go to Webster's and look up the definition of "fair."

Everyone rolling is fair. It may not be efficient, but it's fair.

Class-based Need is only fair if the instance drops equally attractive loot for all classes, which the current instances do not. So while you're hurling insults around, realize that you want to force an unfair loot distribution scheme on the playerbase.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I genuinely feel bad for those who think that the roll system isn't working as intended. It is set up this way so that PWE can make money off people converting Zen into AD. That is the reason why anyone can roll need on anything; it isn't because this is a "beta" and that it's broken. They did it because they know they will cash out on people buying Zen, converting it to AD and purchasing the top tier endgame gear off the auction house.