test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cleric feats/powers that don't work as the tooltip implies

wintersmercywintersmercy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Temple
In my guide to DPS clerics, I highlight several powers that don't seem to work as they should.

I'm going to highlight them here separately because I guess that post won't be read by the majority of healer clerics, but bugged feats/powers probably will be. If anyone else has tested these please post and let me know. If anyone else finds other bugged feats/powers, please post them here and I'll incorporate them into this post (along with an attribution).

Feats
Healing Action: you can put five points in, but the tooltip only lists 3 stages. Are the 2nd and 4th point dead points? Does it go up from 1% to 3% in increments of 0.5?
Power of the Sun: testing (n=12) indicates that it doesn't lower mob damage.
Cycle of Change: doesn't ever seem to produce a buff or indication that Encounter damage has been increased. Is it bugged?

Powers
Divine Glow: it is my belief that this power is bugged. Over a series of casts (n=30) WITHOUT the Divine Glow buff, I did an average of 912 damage (non-crit) with Lance of Faith, and 1463 (crit) against orcs. Over n=30 casts WITH Divine Glow, I did an average of 780 damage (non-crit) with Lance of Faith, and 1273 (crit) against orcs. The difference here is 15%. I believe (and this may be wrong, if I had time/inclination to do more tests it may be discounted) that Cryptic intended the Divine Glow buff to increase damage output by 15%, but instead made it decrease damage output by 15%. Oops! Not to mention, if you are under the effects of Divine Glow, your potential damage (given in brackets in the log) ends up lower than your actual damage. Maybe it would buff my teammates but I haven't found anyone to do tests, and I'd be surprised if it reduced my damage to increase theirs. I suspect that people who claim it "hugely increases" damage output haven't so much done tests as fallen foul of Confirmation Bias. However, it still does good damage over a wide area - so I use it and try to avoid "buffing" myself/my party with it.
Post edited by wintersmercy on

Comments

• laccottelaccotte Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the heads up on Divine Glow. I tested it just now, it is indeed very borked. At least the mob damage debuff and broken damage buff seem to almost cancel each other out though. Very useful for now for sabotaging control wizards :cool:

About cycle of change, I did find it to work. Astral seal on anything pretty much keeps it up at max stacks. It seems like encounters only remove 1/5 of the stacks though

As for power of the sun, 12 samples seems quite low to conclude a 5% difference. And I think people testing would be needed to confirm the crit debuff. test a bit more maybe?
  • kelanatorkelanator Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I don't think sooth works at all.
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kelanator wrote: »
    Well I don't think sooth works at all.

lol, I think sooth does the exact opposite and adds threat!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    laccotte wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up on Divine Glow. I tested it just now, it is indeed very borked. At least the mob damage debuff and broken damage buff seem to almost cancel each other out though. Very useful for now for sabotaging control wizards :cool:

About cycle of change, I did find it to work. Astral seal on anything pretty much keeps it up at max stacks. It seems like encounters only remove 1/5 of the stacks though

As for power of the sun, 12 samples seems quite low to conclude a 5% difference. And I think people testing would be needed to confirm the crit debuff. test a bit more maybe?

Is there a buff Icon that shows up? I briefly tested it when I hit 60 and never saw anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • orioxthegorioxtheg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Divine Fortune is also bugged. It is supposed to make all non-damage skills generate Divine Power, but Healing with Sunburst / Bastion of Radiance with Divine Fortune gives 0 divine power. Tested and confirmed at least for self-heals. Healing Word on the other hand, does generate divine power for self-heals with Divine Fortune.
  • sindofinsindofin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    orioxtheg wrote: »
    Divine Fortune is also bugged. It is supposed to make all non-damage skills generate Divine Power, but Healing with Sunburst / Bastion of Radiance with Divine Fortune gives 0 divine power. Tested and confirmed at least for self-heals. Healing Word on the other hand, does generate divine power for self-heals with Divine Fortune.

I always thought for it to work, that you need to heal targets which are not already at full health. How did you test this exactly?
  • grrtokgrrtok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    orioxtheg wrote: »

Came here seeking this answer/confirmation. Prior to getting Divine Fortune I could use Healing Word between fights to generate Action Points. I don't recall seeing if it generated Divine Power. After buying 1 rank of Divine Fortune, Healing Word no longer generates Actions Points and I'm not getting Divine Power either.
  • lerapisolerapiso Member Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    Linked Spirit : No Buff / No stat increased in character sheet, has anyone tested this feat ?

And if anybody know the proc rate of Rising Hope, it will be helpfull
  • unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Divine Advantage - Only procs off Healing Word, Bastion of Health, and Soothing Light. Will NOT proc off Sun Burst, Forgemaster's Flame, Astral Shield, Astral Seal, or Repurpose Soul.
    lerapiso wrote: »
    Linked Spirit : No Buff / No stat increased in character sheet, has anyone tested this feat ?

And if anybody know the proc rate of Rising Hope, it will be helpfull

Linked Spirit does give a stat increase in your character sheet. It also does give a buff icon. It just doesn't proc off Repurpose Soul or Astral Seal. It will proc if and only if healing is actually done, over healing doesn't count. You have to heal 2+ people at the same time with a single cast of Healing Word, Soothing Light, or Bastion of Health. Forgemaster's Flame and Astral Shield will only proc Linked Spirit on the FIRST tick, and only if 2+ people are actually healed on that first tick. Sun Burst I'm not certain but it either follows the same rules as FF and AS or it doesn't work at all.

I'm not sure the proc rate of Rising Hope but soloing around Mount Hotenow and mass pulling everything casting FF and AS in divinity mode on CD I found I need 2 points in it to get 99% up-time. One point got me around 50% up-time. I also didn't spend much time not in combat and missing CDs. In case you wanted to test the same so you don't over-spend while still getting your desired result what I did was respec and put 1 point in it then tested with unspent points still, you don't have to spend all your points before confirming. Then did 2 points and tested and I was happy with it so I dumped the rest of my points elsewhere.
  • lerapisolerapiso Member Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    Divine Advantage - Only procs off Healing Word, Bastion of Health, and Soothing Light. Will NOT proc off Sun Burst, Forgemaster's Flame, Astral Shield, Astral Seal, or Repurpose Soul.

Linked Spirit does give a stat increase in your character sheet. It also does give a buff icon. It just doesn't proc off Repurpose Soul or Astral Seal. It will proc if and only if healing is actually done, over healing doesn't count. You have to heal 2+ people at the same time with a single cast of Healing Word, Soothing Light, or Bastion of Health. Forgemaster's Flame and Astral Shield will only proc Linked Spirit on the FIRST tick, and only if 2+ people are actually healed on that first tick. Sun Burst I'm not certain but it either follows the same rules as FF and AS or it doesn't work at all.

I'm not sure the proc rate of Rising Hope but soloing around Mount Hotenow and mass pulling everything casting FF and AS in divinity mode on CD I found I need 2 points in it to get 99% up-time. One point got me around 50% up-time. I also didn't spend much time not in combat and missing CDs. In case you wanted to test the same so you don't over-spend while still getting your desired result what I did was respec and put 1 point in it then tested with unspent points still, you don't have to spend all your points before confirming. Then did 2 points and tested and I was happy with it so I dumped the rest of my points elsewhere.

Thanks.
    Seems like the proc rate of rising hope is around 10-15%
  • groborthirgroborthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    Testing Divine Glow on target dummies seems to actually apply the debuff so it works as intended, though, with Sacred Flame I am hitting the mobs for more damage.
    "Bring me my Bow of burning gold;
    Bring me my Arrows of desire:
    Bring me my Spear: O clouds unfold!
    Bring me my Chariot of fire!"
  • orioxthegorioxtheg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Confirming that Divine Fortune is bugged is very straightforward. Simply take some damage, say half of your health bar. Now with Divine Fortune active, cast Healing Word. You gain divine power. Now while you are still missing health, cast Bastion / Sunburst. These spells will heal you, but you will gain no divine power.
  • montiblancmontiblanc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013
    great...gonna have to remake character again and again at this rate coz stuff don't work right to begin with ~_~

DAM YOU MONEY HOGGING PWE!
  • wintersmercywintersmercy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    groborthir wrote: »
    Testing Divine Glow on target dummies seems to actually apply the debuff so it works as intended, though, with Sacred Flame I am hitting the mobs for more damage.

Divine Glow is meant to buff you/allies, not debuff enemies.

Edit: having checked as prompted on target dummies that didn't charge me and make me AE myself (and the tooltip), this is incorrect.
  • streamofsolacestreamofsolace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Divine Glow is meant to buff you/allies, not debuff enemies.
    You are incorrect.
    edited May 2013
    You are incorrect.

but then it also debuffs allies too so....
  • doomsday22kdoomsday22k Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I run a setup with Divine Glow, Astral Shield and Sunburst.
    I've not noticed any issues at all in building up divine power or action points.
    Things seem to run pretty smoothly. I know divine glow is working as its an easy tell
    on harder mobs. The dps can drop them a lot more quickly.
    edited May 2013
    hey winter could you try making some videos for these bugs?
    edited May 2013
    You are incorrect.

Having gone back in and checked, yes, yes I am!
    edited May 2013
    montiblanc wrote: »
    hey winter could you try making some videos for these bugs?

Why would you want a video of me hitting mobs/target dummies for a long time then putting the results into Excel?
  • dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zingarbage wrote: »
    lol, I think sooth does the exact opposite and adds threat!

this is my conclusion as well.

did a cloak during delves today. had a 2nd cleric so i put on dps abilities and removed sooth for dps passives. 3rd on damage done, first on healing (2nd cleric failed at using astral shield with divine power about 85% of the time), only pulled thread when searing light would do a 15k crit on a group early in the fight.

that's damage, plus healing from crits and healing from sun burst and less threat than just dropping astral shields.
  • jaderissjaderiss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Feats
    Healing Action: you can put five points in, but the tooltip only lists 3 stages. Are the 2nd and 4th point dead points? Does it go up from 1% to 3% in increments of 0.5?

I just leveled my Cleric to 10 and noticed this immediately. I was like, "WTF...Please tell me that was intentional?"

It doesn't make any sense, but I would hope quality control at Cryptic would notice something that obvious!
    edited May 2013
    PWE controls cryptic & all they care about is the moneys
  • jaymccloudjaymccloud Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Prophecy of doom looks bugged to me... i have tested only in the dummy.
    I was hitting at lvl 56 for 490-505 with sacred flame. Casted POD and the dmg is the same.
    Another thing... the tooltip of POD says that in divinity it "increases the damage and reduces further the defense".
    Withou divinity i do 2700-3000ish when it explodes. With divinity, does the same dmg and when i hit with sacred flame it does 330-400 dmg. It actually lowers my dmg.

Anyone know something about it?

Another thing that i would like to ask is:
    "Repurpose soul" and "Second SIght" : for you to get heals from it, you need to be near the target when it procs or just your allies? Can you be far far away from it and it will still heal you or what?

"Greater fortune" : add fixed 3% or 3% more per point in wisdom?
    edited May 2013
    I got around to testing divine glow today. I did a small sample size of 10 hits with lance of faith using a low quality weapon.

Over 10 hits without divine glow it averaged at 328 damage. With divine glow it averaged 376 damage. So it looks to be working and giving a 15% damage increase.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    did u cast it with you inside the circle?
    edited May 2013
    This isn't a power or feat, but our high prophet armor set.

The debuff gets applied to friendlies if you use sacred hand, astral shield, or sunburst. Imagine my surprise when my entire team was suddenly taking 30% more damage.

Looks like a huge waste of time putting this set together.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • annoyingmushroomannoyingmushroom Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about the Chains of Blazing Light skill? At rank 2 it says +5s and again +5s at rank 3 . Doesn't that add up to 10+s chain (including the base chain time) ? It seems to only chain for about 3-4s for me .

Edit: Nvm . I figured that the duration is how long it last and not how long it chains :eek:
    edited May 2013
    did you notice there is no immobilize if u use chains with divinity? yea no chains wrapped around enemies animation either