test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How about we give Cryptic/PWE some actual constructive criticism on the Zen Pricing!

2»

Comments

• glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    They should offer a Platinum Club or some type of really expensive membership so the wealthy do not have to engage with the poor.

Kinda like the way Golf Courses work!
  • cookieyumyummycookieyumyummy Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    Constructive criticism for a company such as PWE is not spending any money on the zen store.
  • deacon777deacon777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone in this thread or any other trying to give feedback on zen store prices thinking that maybe Cryptic / PWE will adjust prices to be more in line with what players consider fair are deluding themselves.

Many threads like this popped up all over the STO forums a long time ago and guess what? Nothing changed there either.
  • cookieyumyummycookieyumyummy Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    deacon777 wrote: »
    Anyone in this thread or any other trying to give feedback on zen store prices thinking that maybe Cryptic / PWE will adjust prices to be more in line with what players consider fair are deluding themselves.

Many threads like this popped up all over the STO forums a long time ago and guess what? Nothing changed there either.

You know why? Because even most of the people who complain still buy stuff. Every company would go to lengths in changing their payment model if they see the numbers dropping.
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    gvkprime wrote: »
    So I have been thinking on this alot recently so I wanted to take a minute to attempt to give some actual constructive criticism of the zen stone and not just say "its bad fix it!" That does not give them any kind of actual feedback on what they can do to make you (the player base) happy.

First of all lets look at the most expensive items.
      $5 - $40 for a mount: Actually since this is account bound its not that horrible. I would say maybe dropping the top price by at most $10 would probably increase the overall sale of them but really you have to consider the pricing between multiple characters here and the time save based on leveling a mount per character up to level 3. Up to $40 for a companion: Now since there are a per character purchase I would say that price is not nearly as reasonable. I think dropping the price by about half to cap out at maybe $20 give or take would one sell more companions and generate more revenue over time then the current costs. $6 - $10 for bags: well I personally think its not horrible but I know from speaking with both my parents (who also play) and friends that they feel its too high. I do think that if the dropped the prices to say $3 & $5-6 they would make more overall revenue as more of the free only players will feel its a value to spend that cash. $6 for a respec: Sorry for those of you upset about this one but I personally think its not to bad. You can technically spend a single point in all abilities while leveling to 60 and just spend the $6 then to respec once you know exactly what you intend to use.

Not going into the fusing issue because I am not there yet but from what I have read it does seem kind of crappy. If maybe the increased the minimum success chance to a higher level then it would be alot better but single digit percent chances is deffinitly forcing purchase or gathering of the paid resource.

Personally I agree about the bags they need to be no more then $5 a pop.

I also think that respecs should be $5 a pop as well max because that's what they charge in STO.

Companions should never be more then mounts, $20 because we can't mount our companions and have them carry us everywhere that's just ridiculous.
  • adamaantadamaant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi, let's try and be constructive here. And that was not constructive. You get three free bags by playing any more are a convenience. By the default F2P mantra that should be in the cash shop. They have to pay for their servers somehow, please even with free to play they deserve some monetary support.
    Where do you get the 3rd bag? I still have 2 at level 39. Did I miss something?
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tipsyjason wrote: »
    That's so true!

As a casual player I will never spend $6 to respect and end up leaving the game with what I started with unlike other games where I respect often...you are simply amazing with your generalizations.

Current prices will keep me from spending a penny, period --> .

If you're posting on the forum, then I've got news for you. You're not a casual player.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • lokaidraxmartislokaidraxmartis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Want constructive well...here it goes...

1: Mounts: while i will say this is probably the least of the terrible pricing issues, they are expensive... you guys are asking us to pay as much as some full priced games for these. I can go on steam right now and probably buy a triple AAA game for this price. In fact i could get blood dragon right now for like 15-20 dollars... so when i say this is expensive i mean it... 30-40 dollar mounts are way to high... 20 dollars i think is manageable, 6 dollar mount i think needs to be 5 dollars simply because you can not buy 600 zen...have to get the 1000... its just more convenient this way and its only a buck. In comparison...WoW only charges 25 dollars...

WoW: http://us.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=1100000942

2: Bags: the issue with bags is that you need to purchase them for every single character, if was a way to aquire them in game, and simply could buy the bag to speed the process up wouldnt be so bad. No AD to Zen conversion is not the answer, still need 3,910,000 zen for the blue bag(391=1zen last i checked x10,000 zen=3.1 mill) at 24k AD a day base AD it would take 163 days to grind 1 bag... thats not an option! either make these bags account wide, or reduce the price by a ton... i'd pay 2.50-5.00 a bag, but any more then that and you are pushing it...the initial problem being that this is per character...and for people like me that enjoy playing 2-4 characters... it just kills the game for me.

3: Companions: this wouldnt be much of an issue honestly except that you LIMITED the ranks a companion can attain... this is the big problem right now! so even though... we have these nice companions they will become useless at some point as we out level content! alot of issues wrong with companions but forcing us to buy a 30 dollar companion just so we have one that can get to rank 30...is bull you know what! 5 dollars for green, 10 for blue 15 for purple... and that is as much as i would be willing to pay...

4: Wards: one of the biggest issues i have with the game right now...wards you guys should know better then this! for gods sake... is a reason that asian mmos do not do well in the west! want to know what chases 90% of people away from asian mmos? ENCHANTING SYSTEM! a system that you have recreated here! so now we are forced into buying wards to enchant gear! look i get it you are money grubbing <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, but this is most moronic thing i have ever seen...this doesnt belong in a D&D game... and i refuse to buy your wards enough said not even about price here! its out of principle! so i will never have best enchants and i'm fine with that...

5: Costumes: soooo 15 dollars? for cosmetic outfit? i dunno maybe i'm being crazy here but.... i cant see myself paying that much for an outfit...DCUO sells full costume for around 10 dollars for super expensive ones... and usually less for parts, also not much of a variety and generall not that good looking...i would pay 15 dollars for a super awesome outfit like, a death knights attire, or a red wizards outfit! but not for what you guys are offering those outfits are 5 dollars at best...

6: professions booster: take this with a grain of salt but a little bird tells me you need these to craft anything end game quality...and if that is true you guys need slapped in the face! dont even need to go into why that is a bad system...

7: Respec: while i know is almost a standard in the industry... for f2p its crappy system....reduce the price by a ton or, make it available in game for gold, or AD at a reasonable price. Or make it an unlock, pay 5-10 dollars and all your characters can now pay AD for respec at specific location... are 3 specs for every class... not everyone wants to play 3 characters for every class...or pay 6 bucks a respec...its annoying as sin.

Basically going to repeat something that total biscuit rants on when comes to f2p mmos

" come on guys... its called micro transactions for a reason "-total biscuit-

Micro means micro...these are not micro...these are macro... you are asking for a massive investment of cash from people, 100's of dollars per per character, 100's of hours of time and grinding on top of that... its just insane... i am going to play this game no question but i also not paying what you guys want for this stuff.

See this wallet? see it? see it? OH WELL! even though i have money to buy anything i want on that auction house for most of my characters i'm not doing it. Why? because you are ripping me off... you know you are, you understand you are, and you arent doing jack about it. So untill i see prices come way down you wont see another dime from me peroid.... i've bought a few character slots, and about as much as you will see from this consumer...
  • aplainaplain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xiolin wrote: »

Why not create a training area? The dev's can make a place where people can go in and then mess around with their skill set and test on dummies (or maybe AI's). They can change the skills again and again until they are happy with their build. I know it's not the same as using a build and testing it against other players and stuff but it's still something. And once they are outside the training area, the skills are back to normal and then they can use a reset so that they can apply the new build that they tested

Like in champions, you enter an area where you can talk to a training master and run off to multiple types of rooms branching off of it... ones a big open area with no enemies and its for testing travel/jumping type powers, ones got a room with enemies of various levels laid out for you to beat the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of in single and multiple units and another room has then walking in a circle to test on moving targets. no powers are set as final until you exit the training room/micro zone.

its got its advantages.. would be good to have that plus the current method of "upgrade powers now" for those that know what they want and just want to upgrade asap with out running to a certain spot in a certain zone.
  • gvkprimegvkprime Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Want constructive well...here it goes...

1: Mounts: while i will say this is probably the least of the terrible pricing issues, they are expensive... you guys are asking us to pay as much as some full priced games for these. I can go on steam right now and probably buy a triple AAA game for this price. In fact i could get blood dragon right now for like 15-20 dollars... so when i say this is expensive i mean it... 30-40 dollar mounts are way to high... 20 dollars i think is manageable, 6 dollar mount i think needs to be 5 dollars simply because you can not buy 600 zen...have to get the 1000... its just more convenient this way and its only a buck. In comparison...WoW only charges 25 dollars...

WoW: http://us.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=1100000942

2: Bags: the issue with bags is that you need to purchase them for every single character, if was a way to aquire them in game, and simply could buy the bag to speed the process up wouldnt be so bad. No AD to Zen conversion is not the answer, still need 3,910,000 zen for the blue bag(391=1zen last i checked x10,000 zen=3.1 mill) at 24k AD a day base AD it would take 163 days to grind 1 bag... thats not an option! either make these bags account wide, or reduce the price by a ton... i'd pay 2.50-5.00 a bag, but any more then that and you are pushing it...the initial problem being that this is per character...and for people like me that enjoy playing 2-4 characters... it just kills the game for me.

3: Companions: this wouldnt be much of an issue honestly except that you LIMITED the ranks a companion can attain... this is the big problem right now! so even though... we have these nice companions they will become useless at some point as we out level content! alot of issues wrong with companions but forcing us to buy a 30 dollar companion just so we have one that can get to rank 30...is bull you know what! 5 dollars for green, 10 for blue 15 for purple... and that is as much as i would be willing to pay...

4: Wards: one of the biggest issues i have with the game right now...wards you guys should know better then this! for gods sake... is a reason that asian mmos do not do well in the west! want to know what chases 90% of people away from asian mmos? ENCHANTING SYSTEM! a system that you have recreated here! so now we are forced into buying wards to enchant gear! look i get it you are money grubbing <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, but this is most moronic thing i have ever seen...this doesnt belong in a D&D game... and i refuse to buy your wards enough said not even about price here! its out of principle! so i will never have best enchants and i'm fine with that...

5: Costumes: soooo 15 dollars? for cosmetic outfit? i dunno maybe i'm being crazy here but.... i cant see myself paying that much for an outfit...DCUO sells full costume for around 10 dollars for super expensive ones... and usually less for parts, also not much of a variety and generall not that good looking...i would pay 15 dollars for a super awesome outfit like, a death knights attire, or a red wizards outfit! but not for what you guys are offering those outfits are 5 dollars at best...

6: professions booster: take this with a grain of salt but a little bird tells me you need these to craft anything end game quality...and if that is true you guys need slapped in the face! dont even need to go into why that is a bad system...

7: Respec: while i know is almost a standard in the industry... for f2p its crappy system....reduce the price by a ton or, make it available in game for gold, or AD at a reasonable price. Or make it an unlock, pay 5-10 dollars and all your characters can now pay AD for respec at specific location... are 3 specs for every class... not everyone wants to play 3 characters for every class...or pay 6 bucks a respec...its annoying as sin.

Basically going to repeat something that total biscuit rants on when comes to f2p mmos

" come on guys... its called micro transactions for a reason "-total biscuit-

Micro means micro...these are not micro...these are macro... you are asking for a massive investment of cash from people, 100's of dollars per per character, 100's of hours of time and grinding on top of that... its just insane... i am going to play this game no question but i also not paying what you guys want for this stuff.

See this wallet? see it? see it? OH WELL! even though i have money to buy anything i want on that auction house for most of my characters i'm not doing it. Why? because you are ripping me off... you know you are, you understand you are, and you arent doing jack about it. So untill i see prices come way down you wont see another dime from me peroid.... i've bought a few character slots, and about as much as you will see from this consumer...

First I want to say thank you! You actually gave fully thought out opinions and that's definitely what I think can actually help the case.

1. OK well wow is charging $25 for the same type of mount that PWE is selling. The only fault to you logic of comparing NW and WoW on this one is that WoW already has received $15 from you on a monthly service cost just to play and then is charging for an additional cash store item.

2. Well since we are playing on their servers and with the IP for no inherent cost to buy or play I think the cost to purchase a bag that you do get some bags already is not all that awful to support the overhead of the game. Technically you don't need the extra bags and really they are true convenience items.

3. I actually agree with you for the most part here.

4. I don't know enough about that to really comment but from what I have heard its a kind of troubling area.

5. Yeah I would say a little lower would make sense I mean $5 -$10 sounds much better for pure cosmetic things.

6. Yeah again I am not to that level to comment on needing them but it is a little troubling.

7. Respec cost is a pure convenience thing. Unfortunatly some P2P games have trained player to just make random stuff and respec. Not every game can be like that. Sorry guys!

As to your TB quote I know exactly what that was. But remember what he was talking about was the cost of individual parts for weapons in Blacklight which was $7 - $15 for each part and you need 7 different parts to make a single gun. That is a fair bit different from what we are talking about in NW.
  • yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So I have been thinking on this alot recently so I wanted to take a minute to attempt to give some actual constructive criticism of the zen stone and not just say "its bad fix it!" That does not give them any kind of actual feedback on what they can do to make you (the player base) happy.

First of all lets look at the most expensive items.
      $5 - $40 for a mount: Actually since this is account bound its not that horrible. I would say maybe dropping the top price by at most $10 would probably increase the overall sale of them but really you have to consider the pricing between multiple characters here and the time save based on leveling a mount per character up to level 3. Up to $40 for a companion: Now since there are a per character purchase I would say that price is not nearly as reasonable. I think dropping the price by about half to cap out at maybe $20 give or take would one sell more companions and generate more revenue over time then the current costs. $6 - $10 for bags: well I personally think its not horrible but I know from speaking with both my parents (who also play) and friends that they feel its too high. I do think that if the dropped the prices to say $3 & $5-6 they would make more overall revenue as more of the free only players will feel its a value to spend that cash. $6 for a respec: Sorry for those of you upset about this one but I personally think its not to bad. You can technically spend a single point in all abilities while leveling to 60 and just spend the $6 then to respec once you know exactly what you intend to use.

Not going into the fusing issue because I am not there yet but from what I have read it does seem kind of crappy. If maybe the increased the minimum success chance to a higher level then it would be alot better but single digit percent chances is deffinitly forcing purchase or gathering of the paid resource.

I mostly agree, except the respec in particular is way too expensive. I know that some people like yourself are not the "respec" type, but many people do respec a lot for various reasons- in GW2 for example I have respecced 100s of times; in NW terms I would have spent over a thousand dollars in respecs!
  • jourmandirjourmandir Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Don't sell anything for 100+ dollars that people need.