test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New items in the Neverwinter Zen Market!

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in News & Announcements
Find out what new items are available in the Neverwinter Zen Market this week! http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=882091
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• Options
    zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    More $30 and $40 dollar mounts? Another companion that's $20 per character?

I can go play your sister game STO and buy a brand new Tier 5 end game star ship for $20 - $25 that's unlocked for all my characters of the same faction. STO requires a ship to play and they do give you perfectly good ones for free. And almost every ship can be customized. In Neverwinter mounts get you from point A to point B faster, are static in appearance, and are purely optional.

For $20 I can buy 4 bridge officers (their versions of companions) per character, each as customizable as my player character and it doesn't cost me Zen to change thier appearance (nor my player character). Plus each has 8 powers (4 ground, 4 space) that I can choose compared to your store companions set 3. Again, admittedly STO bridge officers are required to play the game and the game literally throws more free ones at you than you can use, where as Neverwinter companions are optional.

So Neverwinter, I ask you this: Why should I spend $60 on you when my money will go farther in Star Trek Online (and even farther in your other sister game Champions Online)?
  • Options
    slicerdiceroldslicerdicerold Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    Even if you get a good lead before you get knocked off your mount the mobs teleport to you anyway.
    Also you can't fight from your mount so it is probably the most overpriced convenience item i have seen.
  • Options
    gotnksgotnks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about instead of adding new **** to the market you fix Foundry Exp on legit missions before the ones who do spend money and enjoy lvling on UGC quit and take their Disposable Income with them?
  • Options
    lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gotnks wrote: »
    How about instead of adding new **** to the market you fix Foundry Exp on legit missions before the ones who do spend money and enjoy lvling on UGC quit and take their Disposable Income with them?

It was **** that already existed (I owned both during BWE1&2). They're just rotating the stuff in.
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zulisvel wrote: »
    More $30 and $40 dollar mounts? Another companion that's $20 per character?

I can go play your sister game STO and buy a brand new Tier 5 end game star ship for $20 - $25 that's unlocked for all my characters of the same faction. STO requires a ship to play and they do give you perfectly good ones for free. And almost every ship can be customized. In Neverwinter mounts get you from point A to point B faster, are static in appearance, and are purely optional.

For $20 I can buy 4 bridge officers (their versions of companions) per character, each as customizable as my player character and it doesn't cost me Zen to change thier appearance (nor my player character). Plus each has 8 powers (4 ground, 4 space) that I can choose compared to your store companions set 3. Again, admittedly STO bridge officers are required to play the game and the game literally throws more free ones at you than you can use, where as Neverwinter companions are optional.

So Neverwinter, I ask you this: Why should I spend $60 on you when my money will go farther in Star Trek Online (and even farther in your other sister game Champions Online)?

I'm gold in STO and I thought that the extra's in the C - Store were a tad expensive,but after buying a founders pack and glancing in the Zen store here,it's like they want the moon on a stick :rolleyes: I for one will not be buying a **** thing till they sort out those extortionate prices.
  • Options
    veggies1veggies1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    have 5300 zen on my account that won't transfer to my neverwinter account, have tried transferring it 100+ times, logging out logging in and trying on different browsers/etc but nothing will make it transfer. 3-4 business day wait on talking to billing support.. if I can't transfer it before the billing support responds (probably next MONDAY) then i'm definitely not going to be buying any more zen
  • Options
    frost168frost168 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Woot Loving the bear mount. AWESOME !!!!! TY
  • Options
    raaizeraaize Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really?? More stupidly expensive mounts? Well I guess someone will buy them, not me though.
  • Options
    doogie74doogie74 Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    veggies1 wrote: »
    have 5300 zen on my account that won't transfer to my neverwinter account, have tried transferring it 100+ times, logging out logging in and trying on different browsers/etc but nothing will make it transfer. 3-4 business day wait on talking to billing support.. if I can't transfer it before the billing support responds (probably next MONDAY) then i'm definitely not going to be buying any more zen

If it is zen that is connected to another game, you will not be able to transfer it to neverwinter.
  • Options
    vylkervylker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 133 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Mount prices are ridicoulous
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If I see anymore nerfs or overpriced mounts being advertised before the sounds/music in Foundry missions gets fixed, well, I may just quit this game, for a while at the very least. Cryptic doesn't deserve anymore money until the Foundry is fixed imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If my Foundry missions weren't silent, and near impossible to find, I'd have no problem spending $40 every week for some overpriced mount or costume, because I'd actually enjoy this game. As of now though, I consider this game pretty much broken.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Member Posts: 2,617 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Eef, guys, pricey.

I'd totally spend money in this game, but all of the stuff I can buy is either 40 bucks (not sure I like the game that much yet, or ever will) or of no point whatsoever.

"Micro" transaction, guys. 40 bucks isn't micro.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    sinistrad1sinistrad1 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Eef, guys, pricey.

I'd totally spend money in this game, but all of the stuff I can buy is either 40 bucks (not sure I like the game that much yet, or ever will) or of no point whatsoever.

"Micro" transaction, guys. 40 bucks isn't micro.
    yep, its macro, and dam i would like really buy one nic emount and 1 nice companion, but 20-40 euros per thingf?Comon.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    warbossenfowarbossenfo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Man it would be really cool to get the howler mount except in black - and charge like 200$ for it.

Do the same with red.

Then add a kangaroo mount for 50$ and no color, then after a week add a colored version for 80$.

Also, is there anywhere I can apply to get a job with your How to make money division? I can tell you my qualification for 5$.
  • Options
    crucible1001crucible1001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sure sounds like you are complaining about nothing. If this T3 mount was in a game with no item shop, it would be insanely difficult to obtain. You would probably spend over 100 hours trying to get it. $40 is nothing compared to the time that would be spent otherwise.
  • Options
    foot5ouljafoot5oulja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Where is this spider companion or mount? I brought the Hero of the north founders pack and have the spider mount but it say's on the zen marketplace there are new mounts and companions available the spider being one of them. Is the Hero of the north pack the only way to get the spider? I thought it was exclusive to the pack! if so why does it say it's new on the store and there's no spider there?
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Have you gotten to 20th Level yet? Once you do you will get your mount, you should see it as a locked icon in your inventory prior to 20th level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited May 2013
    zulisvel wrote: »

You shouldn't. So don't; they're optional.

I have three.
  • Options
    xjdx6xjdx6 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would be nice if an admin of sorts did update us on if there will be changes on pricing at all or not, i did want to spend some money but not with the current prices. I know you can exchange in game currency to do it all but even that out of whack. So all we ask is for a simple update really as no one has said anything on the matter, all thats being done is minor changes ingame which no one is really bothered about rather than the major issues. The main reason i feel that the foundry got fixed wasnt due to the speed leveling as that is just ruining the players experience for themselves but rather they weren't able to make money off people buying, respecing etc. No hate involved just my honest opinion. The people who actually want to play the game will do it correctly and those speeding will just get bored and leave due to their own faults.
  • Options
    deightonxdeightonx Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the prices in the store should be lowered,to make it more affordable for more players. the prices should be $20-25 like within trek's cstore prices, for mounts & companions. make it more possible for all players to have the option to be able to buy what's in the store. instead of store items sitting in the store collecting pixel dust. because i cant see alot of people/parents throwing $$$ out for what the prices are set at this moment.
  • Options
    granville7482granville7482 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I spent 600 dollars on this game between founders packs and zen. I spent 2500 to 3000 on Planetside 2, before the betas started for this game. These are the only two games I really play. I was hoping this game would replace my Planetside 2 addiction but...I actually find myself going back to that game and spending my money there..

The reason? The zen store. It is simply too much money for what you get. End game is really about rune collecting, leveling up pets and runing them and your gear. You don't make astral diamonds fast enough to buy most of the big ticket items off the auction house, though in a year I think that will be easier to accomplish. The failsafe wards...cost ten dollars a pop. Every week per character, you can get a box that gives you a slim chance of getting one.

This leave me with the following things to purchase, none of which are really worth the cost:

Tradeskill packs, to speed up trade skills: -12 Dollars for random stuff. No

Nightmare keys - 12 dollars for ten keys, the boxes are easy to find so no real cost there: I already have a Pheora and Nightmare, the rest of the stuff is junk to me, except for trade bars.

Ascetic costumes: I have all three but no jester costume; they cost trade bars, which I wont be seeing for a while as you only get them from the nightmare boxes.

Mounts: I have a bunch of purple ones, I want the bear and the wolf but neither are worth 40 bucks to me. I actually want the unarmored bear and the wolf too but turning them into level 3....more astral diamonds than I'm like to see in a while.

Pets: The same thing as mounts, but a little cheaper. I've got all of the purple pets except the fire archon. My Galeb Dur is decked out, except for his runes and to rune another one....too much money because of the wards, and it's not as simple as removing the runes from him and adding them to other pets because the pets all have different rune and gear slots. (And all of the other purple pets are strikers which die in seconds :P)

Runes: You can farm these in epic runs, or the shards for them, but ultimately you have to spend ten dollars a run to fuse them with a ward to get them to the next level. You have to do this twice a ward. It gets...insanely expensive here and the wards are the only way to do it. You have two options to get the wards: 10 dollars a fuse or one week of logging on cashing in celestial coins and hoping you score one from the box you get. (I have no idea what the odds are for this) Or you can buy them off the auction house for astral diamonds, which you just don't make fast enough to pay for these. (And this is one item that is going to stay at a static price for a while, because of the demand for them)

Now on planetside 2: This is also a free game in which people dislike the costs but at least when you spend oney here you get about three times the value you do with this game. Ten dollars...you get a big ticket item. Boom! ten bucks, new rocket launcher. Its yours for good, no better than anyone else's you just paid to get it quicker then the fre player who still can get it with about three weeks of game time. Camouflage and helmets: These run from 5 to 10 dollars. Not really a great bang for your buck in some cases but....let's see. I have a camouflage I can use for all my classes for five dollars. Or one I can stick on ALL of my weapons.

Go take a gander at one time use cost for dye for one item in this game...

TLDR: Free to play model is already expensive (Too expensive for many) for premium content on one game. Free to play model on this game is....insane to the point i've just become a free player.
  • Options
    wartimeraiderwartimeraider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If people think you dont get enough for your money.. dont buy anything. Fixed..
    timeraiderlogo2smaller.gif

Elf Control Wizard - Dragon
  • Options
    d3constructd3construct Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If people think you dont get enough for your money.. dont buy anything. Fixed..
    If you want the game dead, sure. Then consider it fixed. Alternatively you want a more reasonable business model because any cash flow is better than none.
  • Options
    kaasdoekkaasdoek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I spent 600 dollars on this game between founders packs and zen. I spent 2500 to 3000 on Planetside 2, before the betas started for this game. These are the only two games I really play. I was hoping this game would replace my Planetside 2 addiction but...I actually find myself going back to that game and spending my money there..

The reason? The zen store. It is simply too much money for what you get. End game is really about rune collecting, leveling up pets and runing them and your gear. You don't make astral diamonds fast enough to buy most of the big ticket items off the auction house, though in a year I think that will be easier to accomplish. The failsafe wards...cost ten dollars a pop. Every week per character, you can get a box that gives you a slim chance of getting one.

This leave me with the following things to purchase, none of which are really worth the cost:

Tradeskill packs, to speed up trade skills: -12 Dollars for random stuff. No

Nightmare keys - 12 dollars for ten keys, the boxes are easy to find so no real cost there: I already have a Pheora and Nightmare, the rest of the stuff is junk to me, except for trade bars.

Ascetic costumes: I have all three but no jester costume; they cost trade bars, which I wont be seeing for a while as you only get them from the nightmare boxes.

Mounts: I have a bunch of purple ones, I want the bear and the wolf but neither are worth 40 bucks to me. I actually want the unarmored bear and the wolf too but turning them into level 3....more astral diamonds than I'm like to see in a while.

Pets: The same thing as mounts, but a little cheaper. I've got all of the purple pets except the fire archon. My Galeb Dur is decked out, except for his runes and to rune another one....too much money because of the wards, and it's not as simple as removing the runes from him and adding them to other pets because the pets all have different rune and gear slots. (And all of the other purple pets are strikers which die in seconds :P)

Runes: You can farm these in epic runs, or the shards for them, but ultimately you have to spend ten dollars a run to fuse them with a ward to get them to the next level. You have to do this twice a ward. It gets...insanely expensive here and the wards are the only way to do it. You have two options to get the wards: 10 dollars a fuse or one week of logging on cashing in celestial coins and hoping you score one from the box you get. (I have no idea what the odds are for this) Or you can buy them off the auction house for astral diamonds, which you just don't make fast enough to pay for these. (And this is one item that is going to stay at a static price for a while, because of the demand for them)

Now on planetside 2: This is also a free game in which people dislike the costs but at least when you spend oney here you get about three times the value you do with this game. Ten dollars...you get a big ticket item. Boom! ten bucks, new rocket launcher. Its yours for good, no better than anyone else's you just paid to get it quicker then the fre player who still can get it with about three weeks of game time. Camouflage and helmets: These run from 5 to 10 dollars. Not really a great bang for your buck in some cases but....let's see. I have a camouflage I can use for all my classes for five dollars. Or one I can stick on ALL of my weapons.

Go take a gander at one time use cost for dye for one item in this game...

TLDR: Free to play model is already expensive (Too expensive for many) for premium content on one game. Free to play model on this game is....insane to the point i've just become a free player.

wtf, i play planetside also. Why would you want to spend more than 100 bucks there? Well i am NC and all sniper rifles are nearly the same there for example.

If you do like spending money on items. I suggest you play War / Battle of Immortals. Zen store there is much more fun since it contains alot of gambling and it is pay to win there.

This game has a boring store and overpriced garbage.
  • Options
    mattkrueg1mattkrueg1 Member Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    They won't answer. They never answer the questions that matter. Typical.
    TEMPUS
  • Options
    rikudou87rikudou87 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deightonx wrote: »
    the prices in the store should be lowered,to make it more affordable for more players. the prices should be $20-25 like within trek's cstore prices, for mounts & companions. make it more possible for all players to have the option to be able to buy what's in the store. instead of store items sitting in the store collecting pixel dust. because i cant see alot of people/parents throwing $$$ out for what the prices are set at this moment.

Inclined to agree here, I've felt the prices are crazy from the start. Even though I can dish out the money, I really won't for the amount they are charging. I was expecting reasonable prices.
    RIKUDOU GAMING
    GAMING GENERATION
  • Options
    artrineiousartrineious Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im going to have to join the gripe wagon here. i love having zoo's when it comes to game mounts and who doesint want awesome companions.....buut the market price's in neverwinter are a joke! id have no issue with giving you my money for these things and supporting what looks to be a good game but not at what your currently asking. 50 bucks for a 3 pack of ships with console sets open to my hole account in sto yes! 40 bucks for a single mount for a single character....not gonna happen.
  • Options
    skrootooskrootoo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The pricing model for NWO seems pretty obnoxious. I bought both founders packs and would probably spend money on Zen eventually, but the pricing is so out of whack from reality I don't see myself doing it any time soon. Lowering prices would probably make them more money. Valve has seen this happen with Steam sales ... the drop the price of a game 75% and revenue goes through the roof on the same title. At $5 per mount I can see buying one per character but at $20 (or god ... $40???) it should be an account unlock. An account unlock would also encourage people with few character slots to buy more slots, since they'll have that sweet mount on all of them ...

Personally, the thing that bugs me most is the monochromatic gear and the silliness with dyes. A single use dye that can't be bought for anything but Zen or 15 days of Ardents? Really? They can't be crafted and as far as I can tell never drop off mobs. Heck, if there were more colors and they used the GW2 unlock model I'd probably be spending stacks of cash on dye packs. I have spent more money on dye packs in GW2 than anything else.

I am seriously not complaining about the cash shop its just that it seems so blatantly gougey in this game compared to others.
  • Options
    aislingiaislingi Member Posts: 140 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sominator wrote:
    Thanks for the feedback! It's very helpful, and we appreciate it!

You appreciate it so much, that despite overwhelming complaints about your pricing, you've decided to go ahead and ignore all of it!

No, sominator, thank you, for deciding banking on immediate, quick high cost sales, is far more important than maintaining a long term relationship with customers, based on confidence and trust! Thanks for being patronizing, and apathetic!
    I wanna go back to being weird. I like being weird. Weird's all I got, oh, and my sweet style. -Maurice Moss, The IT Crowd