Install Arc
Options

gwf

2»

Comments

• Options
    h3rflikh3rflik Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2013
    There is no point to flame guys, all we need is constructive criticism here and calculations.
    Also note that I didnt mean to state that Sentinel is higher damage than Destroyer spsc, all I wanted to point is that its not far from similar DPS. Since some skills have poor descriptions, its really hard to say with one is the better choice.

25% power more is nice boost, yet it isnt something super high. Like terhix wrote, power is around 1/4 of your damage or even less.
    Personaly I would like to know more about abilities like Steel Blitz, the exact damage of it and proc chance. It sems to proc alot when hiting 3+ enemies, and the damage I noted last time was similar to my Sure Strike 1st hit. I use the ability since its somewhat a critical hit that can also critical hit (yo dawq I heard you can critical hit while you proc steel blitz that critical hit).
    Would like to see also more info on the max number of targets, specialy Indomitable Strike, since most of the time it fail to do AOE for me even if enemies are close to each other.
    The Come and Get it ability brings nice utility, but have anybody approx of the flat damage it gives on max rank?
    I also get the point of using Charge ability, but on other hand you need to take in account the time it takes to use all 3 charges, does it lower or actualy increase damage, since the action points for sure are the best with that ability.

There is many questions, yet the skill descriptions are to poor to answer precisly any of them. If anybody tested anything in this subject, please post here.
  • Options
    shimmerscaleshimmerscale Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As someone who is currently leveling up a GWF and am at around Level 23. I party with 2 TRs and a DC. My companion is a Wizard, the two TR's have cleric companions. For us, in terms of raw damage the two TR rogues have higher overall Power than I do, however my Armor Penetration is currently at 393, my power is 340, Attack 706. I have Sure Strike, Restore Strike maxed. I use Avalanche of Steel a LOT because it has a HUGE AoE and knocks all but the bosses prone, add that to the Wizard companion using cloud spray? does decent work. on a crit my sure strike heals me for 1000. Sure, it's not a lot, but given how often I use it? I don't need a lot of potions. My Armor Pen is why I actually do more overall damage than the two TR's. a good majority of damage I mete out ignores enemy defense.

Just my 2 cents given I'm currently building and leveling.

As for feats

Have discipline of strength and endless assault maxed out.

1 point in Unstoppable Action, Toughness, and Steely Defense.

2 points in Armor Spec and Con Focus.

I will agree with the posters that GWF is 90% gear based to be effective and have seen what others talk about how GWF getsa bad rap. But I actually like it.
  • Options
    vagrantzerovagrantzero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    terhix wrote: »
    And I've yet to say a bad thing about you.

If it's any consolation and while I don't have any horse in this race (I'm built as a pure tank so I don't give a 2****s about dps arguments) the simple fact that you've managed to keep your cool while that childtard is raging at you like a **** fool makes me want to believe you more.