test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This is a perfect example of why you don't charge money for respecs!

spankolulspankolul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?212892-Crippling-Cleric-class-bug-Soothing-Light-was-dragged-off-my-bars-cant-replace-it

I'm reposting this in this forum so more people see it.

TLDR: I lost a key class ability on my Cleric due to a bug and the only way to fix it is by respeccing my powers, which costs money.

I am not paying 600 Zen to solve a problem caused by a bug in the game. This is ridiculous. This is why you don't tie extremely important core game and gameplay functions solely to cash shop purchases.

I'm not even the only person this has happened to and some of the others in the thread actually did buy and use the respec token to solve the problem. If this were my product or company I'd be embarrassed.
Post edited by spankolul on

Comments

• solresolsolresol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That blows

One would think PW, would allow a mass free respec once the game comes out of Beta. Would have been nice if they do that and let us know. They could still do it and give everyone who did pay for a token a new token after the free respec
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, it's an example of a bug that should be fixed.

Just because someone encounters a problem with a service, it doesn't mean that the service should be free. Learn logic please.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • pantamimepantamime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    that is just... wow. Hopefully they refund the zen to your account again. That's the least they could do. They should refund your actual money but the chances of that happening are pretty much 0.

and LOL at the reply that one guy got after sending in his ticket. Pretty much saying, go look around for yourself thanks bye.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PVPer rocking it Solo queue style since the dawn of Neverwinter
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yah...$6.00 just isn't fair. I mean, you have gotten nothing...but a headache and grief...

It would be one thing to expect you to pay $6.00 if you got like 25 Hours of fun out of the game but you didn't get anything but ripped off completely!

You should take them to small claims court. That is what I would do! I mean, we are talking about $6.00 here people! That is like a pack of Cigs Or a #4 at McDonalds...or a Coffee at Starbucks.

How do they expect anyone to afford that!?!?!?

It is even worst that this Bug only seems to have effected you! It is like a conspiracy!
  • spankolulspankolul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you read the thread I linked PWE customer service doesn't consider it a bug. They gave the standard "We don't give gameplay hints." response.
  • delekii1delekii1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »

Just because someone encounters a problem with a service, it doesn't mean that the service should be free. Learn logic please.
    It does imply that the service should be free until it is functional, given it cannot be done without. If PW's support is unwilling to fix the problem (which they currently are; see response in linked thread), and the only way to fix it is to spend more money on more respecs, that is extraordinarily unethical.
  • pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013

As long as they give him back his ability without charge then yes you are right. Otherwise the OP is correct in my opinion.
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I have to agree, they need to make respecs free until the game is officially out of beta. Other companies did something similar, free transfers until out of beta something they'd normally charge heavily for (on games with permanent multiple servers).

The bugs we're encountering demand it right now, no one should have to buy a respec if their characters aren't function properly. Not even for PVP and I hate pvp.
  • infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spankolul wrote: »
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?212892-Crippling-Cleric-class-bug-Soothing-Light-was-dragged-off-my-bars-cant-replace-it

TLDR: I lost a key class ability on my Cleric due to a bug and the only way to fix it is by respeccing my powers, which costs money.

I am not paying 600 Zen to solve a problem caused by a bug in the game. This is ridiculous. This is why you don't tie extremely important core game and gameplay functions solely to cash shop purchases.

I'm not even the only person this has happened to and some of the others in the thread actually did buy and use the respec token to solve the problem. If this were my product or company I'd be embarrassed.

I am 100% with you here Spanko. Get rid of this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> regime pay-to-respec system or masses will leave!
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    delekii1 wrote: »
    It does imply that the service should be free until it is functional, given it cannot be done without. If PW's support is unwilling to fix the problem (which they currently are; see response in linked thread), and the only way to fix it is to spend more money on more respecs, that is extraordinarily unethical.

The only support response I saw in the thread looked like they didn't understand the issue, not that they wouldn't fix it.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • boofaheadboofahead Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    Yah...$6.00 just isn't fair. I mean, you have gotten nothing...but a headache and grief...

It would be one thing to expect you to pay $6.00 if you got like 25 Hours of fun out of the game but you didn't get anything but ripped off completely!

You should take them to small claims court. That is what I would do! I mean, we are talking about $6.00 here people! That is like a pack of Cigs Or a #4 at McDonalds...or a Coffee at Starbucks.

It is even worst that this Bug only seems to have effected you! It is like a conspiracy!

Another white knight with zero logic.

I hope all of your armor disappears due to a bug and you have to re-buy everything you ever bought.

Fair is fair right?
  • mrbloodybartucmrbloodybartuc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013

This.

OP, you do know what a support ticket is, right?
    edited May 2013

The fact that the customer service didnt serve the customer but instead told him to go look around the forums is what we are talking about. he shouldn't have had to pay for the respec because what happened was he got bugged out and couldn't use his skills after he had just paid for a previous respec. So he paid $12 for essentially 1 respec.

Also where can i get cigs for 6 bucks because they're almost 11 bucks here.

Aside from that it isn't the amount of money that's the issue. It's the way the situation was handled. And if this happened to alot of people, then you are talking about a lot more than just 6bucks that the company made off of a bug. pay2bug?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    pantamime wrote: »
    The fact that the customer service didnt serve the customer but instead told him to go look around the forums is what we are talking about. he shouldn't have had to pay for the respec because what happened was he got bugged out and couldn't use his skills after he had just paid for a previous respec. So he paid $12 for essentially 1 respec.

Also where can i get cigs for 6 bucks because they're almost 11 bucks here.

Aside from that it isn't the amount of money that's the issue. It's the way the situation was handled. And if this happened to alot of people, then you are talking about a lot more than just 6bucks that the company made off of a bug. pay2bug?

That is what I am saying! This is a travesty! This is an atrocity! Someone needs to contact the better business Bureau! Something must be done about this, It can not go on!!!!
    edited May 2013
    The only support response I saw in the thread looked like they didn't understand the issue, not that they wouldn't fix it.

Yea they most definitely didn't understand the issue. Hopefully the forum threads help explain it better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • spankolulspankolul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This.

OP, you do know what a support ticket is, right?

Do you know what literacy is? You are on a forum and you can clearly type out a complete sentence so why don't you read my post one more time, click the link that's in it and read the first few posts in that thread. Then come back here and read this question you just posted and answer it for yourself.
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was a bit disappointed with the price for a respec, that ought to be a lot lower. But I understand the reasoning that it should 'cost' you, just not so much $$$ please.

I would even go so far as to say respeccing should be absolutely free during beta. That's the only way you get a whole lot of people trying out the most insanse things with their abilities. You'll run into bugs and possible exploits in no time.
  • v1ctor2kv1ctor2k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Submit a ticket. If it's a bug, I'm sure you'll receive a free Respec token.
  • noluknoluk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    The bug is a problem PWE needs to fix. The threat of players leaving in mass because they won't pay for a respec token must be terrifying to the company that owns a free-to-play game that does aims to sell you stuff to pay for aforementioned free game.
    edited May 2013
    Do you know what literacy is? You are on a forum and you can clearly type out a complete sentence so why don't you read my post one more time, click the link that's in it and read the first few posts in that thread. Then come back here and read this question you just posted and answer it for yourself.

I sincerely find it hard to believe that with your attitude no one in customer service was willing to go that extra mile and help resolve your issue.

I for one would never do business with a company that treated me that way again!
    edited May 2013
    I put a ticket in and have not gotten a response yet. Another person with the same exact problem submitted a ticket and got a completely unacceptable response. But clearly my attitude is the problem here, and not the fact that this is a videogame where you must pay money to resolve a core gameplay problem caused by a bug.
    edited May 2013
    Its hilarious doing PvP and having people get mad at me and ask me why I'm not using my heal. Teammates are just standing around me at half health while I sit there with full divinity.

I wonder if any of them are willing to pay the six dollars to get healed in PvP. Maybe PWE should add this option to the Zen store.
    edited May 2013
    Its hilarious doing PvP and having people get mad at me and ask me why I'm not using my heal. Teammates are just standing around me at half health while I sit there with full divinity.

I wonder if any of them are willing to pay the six dollars to get healed in PvP. Maybe PWE should add this option to the Zen store.

I see, so you've decided to go grief others because you're bugged.

I'm beginning to detect karma at work...
    edited May 2013
    boofahead wrote: »
    Another white knight with zero logic.

I hope all of your armor disappears due to a bug and you have to re-buy everything you ever bought.

Fair is fair right?

Well, the good news is I could afford it :)

I know going in that any and all things "Digital" are not tangible and therefore I have no expectations of any of it being permanent in anyway way shape or form. Digital music, movies... I learned this 1st with I Tunes - Back in the day if you lost your I Tunes stuff you literally had to re-buy it at full price.

They have since fixed that.

Just recently on On XBOX Live I lost about $120.00 worth of movies.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, the good news is I could afford it :)

Doubt anyone actually believes you........
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Looks like a bug that will be fixed by the next patch or the one after. And given that they are patching the game nightly right now ....

Mind you if you are impatient and have to fix it yourself NOW you can spend $6. I wouldn't, I would wait for one or two patches but your call.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • purutzilpurutzil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pay to respec is fine with me given its earnable in some way. I'd be on your side if it wasn't for the fact I seen nothing stated a GM told you that you would have to 'buy anything' to fix the bug.

Report it in to customer support. Those who bought respeccs to fix a bug should put in their own tickets in complaining about it to hopefully provoke a refund for it. You can request GM assistance for a reason. A bug is NOT a valid reason to NEED a respec.
    GWF level 60 (Beholder) - The pains of leveling!
    Cleric level 5X (Dragon) - Holy goblin so much easier!
    edited May 2013
    I see, so you've decided to go grief others because you're bugged.

I'm beginning to detect karma at work...

Apparently playing a videogame I paid for is griefing people now. If anything I'm the one being griefed.
  • caleshhcaleshh Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2013

LOLOLOL.......perfect. It's hard to take away one of the daily Starbucks.....guess the OP should give up #4.
  • octopusbreadguyoctopusbreadguy Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had this issue and I submitted a ticket to a GM. 6 days later i got this reply:

Hello jason

I understand you have a gameplay inquiry. Here are some resources that you have at your disposal:

Our Neverwinter forums: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/forum.php

Our Neverwinter Wiki: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Neverwinter_Wiki

Here at Customer Service, we work with players who have gameplay problems, for example being stuck in the terrain or harassed by another player.

Actual in-game strategies, NPC locations, item uses, etc.. are things that we leave up to the players to figure out themselves, so that they can enjoy the experience of discovery and become more capable players in the process

Perfect World Support
    Check out our latest game, Neverwinter!

This GM ticket that apparently took 6 days, I'm still laughing. Like seriously what the hell, it basically says "This isn't our problem, figure it out"