test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cash Shop is fine! - Leave them alone!

proudfurryproudfurry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Neverwinter is a completely f2p game there prices for cosmetics don't matter at all that's how they make money instead of charging us 60$ for the game. The only thing i disagree with in the cash shop is re-specing costs 6$ there should be 1 free re-spec every month or 2 times maximum on a character. who cares if mounts are 20-40$ if you really enjoy the game and you want to support the dev's you will buy it. if you don't wanna buy anything at all you don't have to the game is f2p.... you don't have to pay a dime but you should be thanking the players that actually help support the game and servers while you play for free. stop whining about the shop prices.
Post edited by proudfurry on

Comments

• zeuseason411zeuseason411 Member Posts: 107
    edited May 2013
    Cash shop is fine! - Leave them alone!

Oh wait, I don't agree with this and this and this and this.......
  • lorenzomaltalorenzomalta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    proudfurry wrote: »
    Neverwinter is a completely f2p game there prices for cosmetics don't matter at all that's how they make money instead of charging us 60$ for the game. The only thing i disagree with in the cash shop is re-specing costs 6$ there should be 1 free re-spec every month or 2 times maximum on a character. who cares if mounts are 20-40$ if you really enjoy the game and you want to support the dev's you will buy it. if you don't wanna buy anything at all you don't have to the game is f2p.... you don't have to pay a dime but you should be thanking the players that actually help support the game and servers while you play for free. stop whining about the shop prices.
    So ur basically complaining about a respec that cast 6$ and not about mounts that are 40$ and other overpriced items that are not even account wide.
  • sadmummysadmummy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would buy it. I would pay monthly. What I don't want is lose the fun of game progression because you can get anything for money instead of by spending time playing.

Vanity items and very small perks are the only things that should ever be buyable by real money
  • oioleihihuoioleihihu Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    sadmummy wrote: »
    I would buy it. I would pay monthly. What I don't want is lose the fun of game progression because you can get anything for money instead of by spending time playing.

Vanity items and very small perks are the only things that should ever be buyable by real money

that! (rubbish so the forum lets me post)
    so much for so little, the world has too many dumb people, but wth? That's how they make money!
  • proudfurryproudfurry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013

So you would rather pay 180.00$ a month + the 60$ its self?
  • terveis1terveis1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People just think they would make more money with cheaper prices. As simple as that.
  • sadmummysadmummy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So you would rather pay 180.00$ a month + the 60$ its self?

I don't understand your comment. Why 180? 60 at release and 13 each month, like any mmo.
    Or microtransactions, but without making ingame progression worthless by selling power
    edited May 2013
    So ur basically complaining about a respec that cast 6$ and not about mounts that are 40$ and other overpriced items that are not even account wide.

because the mounts are purely cosmetic and have no affect on game play but if you mess up on your spec for pvp it will leave u at a huge disadvantage with other players.
    edited May 2013
    I don't understand your comment. Why 180? 60 at release and 13 each month, like any mmo.
    Or microtransactions, but without making ingame progression worthless by selling power

Price of wow is 14.99 each month i used that as an example and even with those prices u pay every month they have mounts and pets* you can only buy with 25$
  • xxviimbxxviimb Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    because the mounts are purely cosmetic and have no affect on game play but if you mess up on your spec for pvp it will leave u at a huge disadvantage with other players.

Tell that to the person on the horse looking for mats, while I am on my hound going 110%
    "You have a wife and kids? If so, what would happen, if we called you in at 1am, everytime something went wrong!
    Be respectful, remember, you PLAY the game at your convenience, they WORK at no ones."
    edited May 2013
    Price of wow is 14.99 each month i used that as an example and even with those prices u pay every month they have mounts and pets* you can only buy with 25$

I said 13 bc I was talking about euros.

wow, good example. Yes, you can pay some things with money..... vanity things. The mounts you get with money aren't faster. The pets you can buy are non combat pets.

You can't charge for power. Not because I don't want to spend money, but because it will make the game boring fast. You pay to be powerful, instead of playing
    edited May 2013
    and also the re spec was only a suggestion i don't care if the re spec costs money ill still pay for it like i did a few days ago.
  • lorenzomaltalorenzomalta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Mounts do make a big difference in pvp cause of the speed, champions do a big difference in pve, then there are enchantments after you fuse the lvl 5 you end up with a 1% chance of success with only way to upgrade it is by buying wards for 10$ each from cash shop.
    edited May 2013
    deleted, wrong topic
    edited May 2013
    Mounts do make a big difference in pvp cause of the speed, champions do a big difference in pve, then there are enchantments after you fuse the lvl 5 you end up with a 1% chance of success with only way to upgrade it is by buying wards for 10$ each from cash shop.

But most cash shop items are trade able to other players. so you dont have to spend any real money in order to get it.
  • knaster92knaster92 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can get EVERYYHING for free in this game... It's all about farming and grinding. You can change astral diamonds into zen - zen to astral diamonds, so stop whining.
  • shattrnerdsshattrnerds Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am not looking for another f2p vs p2w War here...just stating my opinions and facts!

My definition of Pay to Win (P2W)

If a person gets a direct advantage over another person by spending real $$ it is 100% P2W. MMOs are competitions amongst others. Gamers are meant to play an avatar and make it increasingly powerful/unique over time. When one gamer can spend $$ and receive the immediate benefit of becoming more powerful over another gamer who merely plays the game and earns his or her achievements then there is an issue at hand!

*The argument that all items can be achieved by "playing the game" and earning AD is completely removed from NW reality. The AD daily cap is so low that It would take an eternity to earn enough AD to obtain viable items. AD stat gear costs 2.1 million Astral Diamonds. Yeah. So that's, what, 86 days of maxing out your AD counter, which trust me, is not easy. You'd have to play the game as a fulltime job to get that much AD. From what I gather, selling found items on the AH will net you the most AD per time invested.

So yes, theoretically you can get everything in the game without paying a dime. Realistically, that's not going to happen and you'll always be behind the cash shop whales in some form or manner. They will always have a faster mount, more inventory space, OP healing potions, max level enchants, or simply cooler looking stuff. To many casuals, these differences are OK and acceptable. To the competitive MMORPG player who likes to min/max, these differences are game changing. My 2 cents!
    edited May 2013
    knaster92 wrote: »
    You can get EVERYYHING for free in this game... It's all about farming and grinding. You can change astral diamonds into zen - zen to astral diamonds, so stop whining.

1. No you can't. Not only are the AD prices astronomic if you could farm it, but you can't really farm it. Since it's limited.

2. Even if you could, beeing able to be powerful by paying, takes the progression feeling (important in an mmo) away.
    edited May 2013
    xxviimb wrote: »
    Tell that to the person on the horse looking for mats, while I am on my hound going 110%
    BTW you can spend AD to increase your mount speed to the same as players with those mounts. are you a new level 60? or still getting there?
  • pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Supply/demand curve.

This is not their first trip around the block. It's working in STO and COH.

And from the look of the forum it's working here.
    edited May 2013
    I am not looking for another f2p vs p2w War here...just stating my opinions and facts!

My definition of Pay to Win (P2W)

If a person gets a direct advantage over another person by spending real $$ it is 100% P2W. MMOs are competitions amongst others. Gamers are meant to play an avatar and make it increasingly powerful/unique over time. When one gamer can spend $$ and receive the immediate benefit of becoming more powerful over another gamer who merely plays the game and earns his or her achievements then there is an issue at hand!

*The argument that all items can be achieved by "playing the game" and earning AD is completely removed from NW reality. The AD daily cap is so low that It would take an eternity to earn enough AD to obtain viable items. AD stat gear costs 2.1 million Astral Diamonds. Yeah. So that's, what, 86 days of maxing out your AD counter, which trust me, is not easy. You'd have to play the game as a fulltime job to get that much AD. From what I gather, selling found items on the AH will net you the most AD per time invested.

So yes, theoretically you can get everything in the game without paying a dime. Realistically, that's not going to happen and you'll always be behind the cash shop whales in some form or manner. They will always have a faster mount, more inventory space, OP healing potions, max level enchants, or simply cooler looking stuff. To many casuals, these differences are OK and acceptable. To the competitive MMORPG player who likes to min/max, these differences are game changing. My 2 cents!
    you do have a bit of a point there they do need to not have a cap on AD but if they did that i think everything would be ok.
  • cookiebraincookiebrain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SOrry I agree with proudfurry. I support this game with buying mounts, fashion, respecs, YOU ACTUALLY CAN GRIND astral diamonds... I mae 90k in one day of only 2 hour playing... Don't complain about how it's too hard... You're just lazy.
  • mrlee9569mrlee9569 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    SOrry I agree with proudfurry. I support this game with buying mounts, fashion, respecs, YOU ACTUALLY CAN GRIND astral diamonds... I mae 90k in one day of only 2 hour playing... Don't complain about how it's too hard... You're just lazy.

Ya that's soooo much fun. Grinding for AD! I just can't wait to do the same sh*t over and over everday!! WEEEEEEE
    edited May 2013
    id rather make people earn it rather then everyone in the game having it cause its so cheap
  • millacanomillacano Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree that the money shop is over expensive and thats when you compare the prices on star trek money store .

Yes i know the game has been out longer and they have had alot to expand on but their ships do not cost as much as out mounts and you can grind the dilithium alot better and trade off for zen alot better than on this game.

I am not some little rich kid or someone who has no life, i work i have alot of bills to pay which sucks my bank dry every month and the spare cash i do get i have to save i have little fubds to play about and this game is a downer on that.

Dont get me wrong though i am truly enjoying this game but unlike star trek you cant really grind properly from the get go
    "I don't care What Spock said Han shot first"
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since the Auction House uses a currency that converts to Zen, then it is completely possible by selling stuff from epic dungeons for Astral Diamonds. Anyone that gets the majority of their Astral Diamonds through refining is doing it wrong.
  • fuglnfugln Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    mrlee9569 wrote: »
    Ya that's soooo much fun. Grinding for AD! I just can't wait to do the same sh*t over and over everday!! WEEEEEEE

Or you could get a job and buy the ****ing AD. Stop whining like five year olds.
    Little Red Cap and the Bad Wolf
    ID: NW-DC42XFJ5B
    Author: @Fugln
    Quest
    Tag: #Combat, #story, #GROUP

NWS-DA213JHNY - The Shadows of the Sword Coast
    NW-DE6UU7ZQA - Chapter One - A Fool's Errand.
    Author: @Fugln
    Tag: #Story #Solo #Group #Humor.
  • wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fugln wrote: »
    Or you could get a job and buy the ****ing AD. Stop whining like five year olds.

why buy when you can create it out of thin air right now?
  • nemonusnemonus Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013
    knaster92 wrote: »

This argument is flimsy. The zen and astral diamond ratio is so ridiculous that the "grind" simply isn't practical. If it was more reasonable it would be so much better. People would either spend a fair amount of time farming and enjoying the content of the game naturally, or pay for the convenience of having the items immediately. They can make an item next week which cost 1 million zen and then claim, "hey you can earn it in game!", which is technically true but completely disingenuous.
  • arlandinoarlandino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok then OP, have fun paying 10$ per bag and participating in online gambling with the nightmare boxes. I'm sure it will work out for you!