test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please please please shut the NPCs up

direbornedireborne Member Posts: 25 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
The frequency with which the NPCs repeat their one and only line needs to be seriously looked at. In a couple of minutes that you might stand around at a campfire, vendoring your loot and whatnot, you get to hear it at the very least a dozen times. It's to the point that I now disable the sound entirely when I have to do that because otherwise I'd go crazy.

Also, some of them do it at a truly impressive volume (the halfling in the lvl 20 zone, whatever it's called, comes to mind). Those are small tweaks but they are sorely needed, amirite?
Post edited by direborne on

Comments

• djabolicdjabolic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree.

/signed
  • stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The very quiet, almost whisperlike NPC chatter by the seal vendors in the city had me thinking for a long time that there was a 15 year old kid trolling everyone with in game voice chat. It still gets me sometimes. So annoying.
  • powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /signed

Once per visit at most!!!
  • illideshillidesh Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, please. Or at least give us an option to muffle npc's in the options.
  • perfectindigoperfectindigo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If I stand next to an NPC for any amount of time, I turn the sound off. I agree it's annoying.
  • breagandaerthbreagandaerth Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep it is annoying. A great game otherwise.
  • nawdlenawdle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    +1

...............10char
  • jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Totally 100% agree. SHUT UP.
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
  • dicedork1975dicedork1975 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    (Raspy Female Dwarf Voice) We could use your help friend! We could use your help friend! We could use your help friend!OK i GET IT you need my help. I just want to sell and get out of here!!!
  • nemonusnemonus Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013
    Just because I have Orcish blood, doesn't make me a Many-Arrows sympathizer!
  • richellrichell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't stand the random NPCs talking and saying the same thing every 3 seconds

/signed
  • r3djayr3djay Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree, there should be longer period between the line repetition. It's nice there is some ambient voice acting, but we don't have to hear it ten times per minute.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Huh... my keyboard has a "mute" sound button. Doesn't yours? One tap = silence. Another tap = sound. Helluvalot easier to do that rather than expecting a developer to spend half a day writing computer code.

#just sayin'
  • greensantagreensanta Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nemonus wrote: »
    Just because I have Orcish blood, doesn't make me a Many-Arrows sympathizer!

Omg yes. I had to sit around that campfire for like 10 minutes doing something and that's all I could hear.

I believe it was followed by something like "I'm sorry, I was just doing my job." Or something.

I'm behind this 100%. Have the audio play when you enter the range of the npc, but not repeatedly while you are inside of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ellisvdiwaellisvdiwa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items"......."Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items"......"Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items"....."Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items"...."Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items"................."Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items"
  • dmolisher1dmolisher1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ya the npc need a chatter nerf or an option under sound to make them shutup.

Either would be nice.
    Bards are awesome ... music and great tales off adventures.
  • zogvarnokazogvarnoka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Once every 5 minutes would be plenty.
    Removing the Grey Mask
    NW-DJ56XFK6G
    My first installment in the Rise of Shadovar Campaign.
  • salamansalaman Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Get out of here stalker
  • wappzizwappziz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agree +1
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree. once a minute even would be nice. I hear a chick asking me if I want to be in a mushroom contest in my nightmares :p
  • kruvathkruvath Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Couldn't agree with this more, I hate it when i have to go to quest areas now because I know I'm going to hear the same thing every 10 sec.

"Rewards given, for abominations slain."

SHUT UP!
  • radiodreadradiodread Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I like the voice acting for the quests and such, but unfortunately had to turn off in game voices altogether to save my sanity. Just turning in a quest in town and visiting the vendor to make bag space subjects you to 10 loops of the same chat.
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    direborne wrote: »
    The frequency with which the NPCs repeat their one and only line needs to be seriously looked at.
    That has been one of my most wanted things since the first Beta Weekend I participated in.

I'm happy that they at least did it with companions, so we don't get "I'm an honest fighter!"/"By the gods!"/etc. every 5 seconds.
  • nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On a related subject they could do with more than one track of music for when you're in town too.
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items"

That's ALL I CAN THINK OF WITH YOUR INSANE NPC RAMBLING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously - the NPC repeat is at 15 seconds OR LESS. For the love of all that's !@#$%^! holy, SHUT THEM UP.
  • carpfishercarpfisher Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    beaghan1 wrote: »
    I agree. once a minute even would be nice. I hear a chick asking me if I want to be in a mushroom contest in my nightmares :p

Freud would probably have something to say about that.
  • deurkier1deurkier1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 70
    edited May 2013
    i agree MUTE those <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> they spam the same line 10000 times
  • highlandglenhighlandglen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    somebob wrote: »
    "Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items""Exchange your Astral Diamonds for wondrous items"

That's ALL I CAN THINK OF WITH YOUR INSANE NPC RAMBLING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously - the NPC repeat is at 15 seconds OR LESS. For the love of all that's !@#$%^! holy, SHUT THEM UP.

LOL, yee it is very annoying even more so at camp fires, wtf eh
  • oioleihihuoioleihihu Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    kudos! agreed +1 I vote yes
    so much for so little, the world has too many dumb people, but wth? That's how they make money!
  • brakkish1brakkish1 Member, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is why we don't see a lot of PC spam in chat. It's built into the game.