test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Duelist's Flurry - BUG - Not working as intended

atlantix1atlantix1 Member Posts: 74
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Duelist's Flurry has a bug at the moment...

This skill suppose to give 10 stacks of bleed on target from 1 Rogue..
If 2x Rogue attacks the same target with Duelist's Flurry >
The target suppose to get 2x10 stacks of Bleed...

However, in the game if 2x rogue attacks the same target, they give 1x20 stacks of Bleed.. and whicever Rogue first applied the bleed gets credit for the bleed damage in combatlog, second rogue only gets credit for initial damage, and not to mention even though game shows 1x20 stacks of bleed, combatlog proves that there is no 20 stack bleed damage there is only regular bleed damage.. So the unlucky rogue who did not bleed first gets 0 bleed damage on combatlog and this causes average 3000 damage per seconds lost..

We already reported this via in-game bug report tool.. i'm not sure how effective is the in-game ticket considering the amount of players, so in order to inform the community i post this here..

Fellow Rogues and PvE players, do not go into EPIC dungeons with 2x bleed specced rogue until this fixed, you would be just gimping the group..

P.s: We used Advanced Combat Tracker in order to do this test..

Edit: In order to show this visually adding DPS report of a T2 boss encounter..
Group setup: Wizard, Rogue, Rogue, Guardian, Cleric

Exhibit A:

2 rogue tops the dps but even tho same spec and gear 1 rogue out dps the other.

Cy3tCrz.jpg

Exhibit B:

Detailed damage output of the Rogue with bleed damage..

4EAYZcz.jpg

Exhibit C:

Detailed damage of the BUGGED(aka Unlucky) Rogue..

0uT3jSM.png
Post edited by atlantix1 on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2013
    wtb fix =)
  • Options
    vampirialvampirial Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WOW this would explain why I end up 2nd in damage ALL the time to another rogue using duelists even though im higher geared and in groups with no rogue or rogues not using duelists im usually top. wow good catch, Hope this is indeed fixed.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    vampirial wrote: »
    WOW this would explain why I end up 2nd in damage ALL the time to another rogue using duelists even though im higher geared and in groups with no rogue or rogues not using duelists im usually top. wow good catch, Hope this is indeed fixed.

yup.. its best to attack different targets when there is 2 bleed rogue...
    there can be over 1 million damage difference at the end of the dungeon between the guy who bleeds and who don't
  • Options
    coldsoul69coldsoul69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I definitely didn't know about this.. fix ASAP please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    keatookeatoo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Definately needs a fix!
  • Options
    edolambertoedolamberto Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes plz fix it, and i think i'm not in the right section but i would like to know if there is a better way to keep track of duelist stack cause it is so small!!!! i can barely see it
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    yes plz fix it, and i think i'm not in the right section but i would like to know if there is a better way to keep track of duelist stack cause it is so small!!!! i can barely see it
    it's not that hard to see but i agree its pretty small..
    The game needs top of the screen enemy healthbar and buffs and debuffs all the time like boss fights..
  • Options
    jonsbe1jonsbe1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This needs fix bad, so many don't know this yet, but are just gimping the group's outcome.

I actually noticed something odd before seeing this post, when we had 2 rogues and had the 20 bleed stack in there, i wasn't seeing any bleed dmg ticks then.. Something was off then, and this just confims my speculations - thanks :)

Btw, a day ago i got mail from GM, 4 days later i applied post. They said that the tickets were lost, and asked to apply again..

I'm thinking they had ****ton of tickets and just decided to reset it to make it sane..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jonsbe1 wrote: »
    This needs fix bad, so many don't know this yet, but are just gimping the group's outcome.

I actually noticed something odd before seeing this post, when we had 2 rogues and had the 20 bleed stack in there, i wasn't seeing any bleed dmg ticks then.. Something was off then, and this just confims my speculations - thanks :)

Btw, a day ago i got mail from GM, 4 days later i applied post. They said that the tickets were lost, and asked to apply again..

I'm thinking they had ****ton of tickets and just decided to reset it to make it sane..

yeah and the funny thing is even tho it says 20 stacks you still hit same bleed damage as 10 stack =)

this really needs to be fixed..
    at the moment my rogue associate and I attack different targets in dungeons.. If 2x major elite mob comes, he takes left, i take right..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    boooooooom
  • Options
    graebeerdgraebeerd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    how did you get ACT to parse neverwinter in english? The only parser plugin i could find for neverwinter is for german :-/
  • Options
    graebeerdgraebeerd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    nevermind, I figured out how to change the plugin from german to english :D
  • Options
    sirfrogsirfrog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It causes bleed? Mine has never done that... I'm lucky if the combo segment even activates.
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sirfrog wrote: »
    It causes bleed? Mine has never done that... I'm lucky if the combo segment even activates.

in pvp since every target is running around its better to use direct damage instead of the flurry especially against wizards and clerics..
    against melee players i believe flurry is better choice..
    in pve you can easily hit the flurry and cause bleed
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Aand still no fix..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    boom boom boom
  • Options
    thelgowthelgow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    How the heck are you supposed to even see your bleed stacks?
    I have the game at 1920x1080, scaling set to 1.00 (if i set to anything else, then the stats at the end of a skirmish/dungeon whizz to the right off screen.)
    I'm thinking I will need to drop my res down since scaling is broken. But I was up on my monitor hard trying to see numbers.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    37832405.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    And still no fix, for the "actual problems" in this game..
  • Options
    smackzor123smackzor123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep still no fix to this or the Vorpal enchantment or the Guardian 1 shotting stuff
  • Options
    byonahbyonah Member Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    Bump, why you no fix duelists flurry!
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks! We're looking into this!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    adevlin1991adevlin1991 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    sominator wrote: »

Thank you. This set bonus is great for utility, I've been using the gear in the hope that you would fix the bug. Being able to smoke bomb more frequently to add to the rogue classes party usefulness in dungeons will be great. Since our bleed damage is so inconsistent - I get 2-3k bleeds quite often after using a fully % modifier stacked double Flurry (6% from stealth break, 15% from passive, 60% from daily) - It will be great to bring more utility to group combat in dungeons. Right now I feel like I could easily be replaced with a third control wizard in our group (DC,GF,CW,CW,TR) and the group would be better off, seeing as a few of the clearly overtuned bosses require you to throw all the trash off the edge of the map just to survive, more singularities and knockbacks massively outweighs our better single target damage.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Thank you
    Thank you. This set bonus is great for utility, I've been using the gear in the hope that you would fix the bug. Being able to smoke bomb more frequently to add to the rogue classes party usefulness in dungeons will be great. Since our bleed damage is so inconsistent - I get 2-3k bleeds quite often after using a fully % modifier stacked double Flurry (6% from stealth break, 15% from passive, 60% from daily) - It will be great to bring more utility to group combat in dungeons. Right now I feel like I could easily be replaced with a third control wizard in our group (DC,GF,CW,CW,TR) and the group would be better off, seeing as a few of the clearly overtuned bosses require you to throw all the trash off the edge of the map just to survive, more singularities and knockbacks massively outweighs our better single target damage.

Yes we dun have anything to offer besides 5% crit aura.. but we do have really high single target dps.. i think at least 1 rogue is always nice for nuking down Boss mobs..
    Besides that what set bonus are you referring to?
  • Options
    solosupzsolosupz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I submitted a bug report in hopes that this gets fixed ASAP because this hinders 2 rogue comps. I tested with another rogue and the bug is when rogue A gets to 10 stacks of bleed rogue B can only refresh rogue A's bleed therefore rogue B will never get damage credited to him if rogue A reached 10 stacks of bleed first.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    solosupz wrote: »
    I submitted a bug report in hopes that this gets fixed ASAP because this hinders 2 rogue comps. I tested with another rogue and the bug is when rogue A gets to 10 stacks of bleed rogue B can only refresh rogue A's bleed therefore rogue B will never get damage credited to him if rogue A reached 10 stacks of bleed first.

thats true.. thats why my friend grinded CW to 60 so we can properly DPS together..
  • Options
    ender69ender69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bit short on time as a write this and I haven't taken the time to entirely read through the thread, so apologies if the following has already been mentioned! I initially thought this bug was purely from a stat standpoint and that the damage that was being done was ultimately the same, the issue being simply that one of the rogues is credited for all the bleed damage... but after a clear test today, it goes beyond that.

I (11.5k GS) was running a quick spider DD and there was another rogue in the group (around 8.5kgs) - we had a total of 3 attempts on the last boss before downing her (people trying to figure out how to get it done without the mid pit). Throughout the first two fights, I noticed a significant lack of bleed damage popping up for me, and assumed that the other rogue was getting my damage credited to him - but the boss was going down unbelievably SLOWLY! Come the third attempt, I made sure I got my bleed on the boss first and kept it up full time, and what do you know - she started dropping extremely quickly.

TLDR: Not only does this bug credit only one rogue with the bleed damage, the damage done is based ENTIRELY on that one rogue's stats. So, if there is a big gap between the rogue's dps and the lesser geared gets the bleed credit, the DPS done will be significantly less than it should be.
  • Options
    usernumber999usernumber999 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Any update on the status of this? It needs attention fast.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Any news? Bump
  • Options
    eros1986eros1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jonsbe1 wrote: »
    Any news? Bump

10 characters