test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

When will GWF be nerfed in pvp

alisendrialisendri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Right now as I see it you can never stand up once a GWF gets on you. They have perma knockdown and huge damage potential when you can do absolutely nothing about it. I fought one GWF 5 time's in one match and no matter how many time's I used Dazing strike on him it never once dazed him. Everytime I would go stealth he would run right up to exactly where I was and chain knockdown. I even used my Impossible to Catch and still got perma knocked down until dead.
Mix a GWF and CW together and they can CC 3-4 people at a time and just burn your entire team down. People complain about TR's high damage but honestly I am not impressed at my rogue's damage even at 58. People seem to hit me for 4-5X the damage I hit them with and my gear is all 55+.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dhl17dhl17 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What is this... I thought GWF were the worst PvP class in the game.
  • Options
    alisendrialisendri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    I think they could use some work for PVE but for PVP out of all the classes I fought I haven't seen anything put out the amount of CC and dmg potential of the GWF.
  • Options
    junigenmukyokujunigenmukyoku Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Learn to dodge bro.
  • Options
    mentalise1mentalise1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GWF is a useless class flying solo, not OP at all, if he gets disabled he's done for, l2pvp

Now that sprint thing the tanks have on the other hand.....
  • Options
    urdefmadurdefmad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    LOL @ GWF OP

now ive heard it all
  • Options
    dadeleviathandadeleviathan Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    It's all in how you play. I have seen GWF's wipe the entire FLOOR with everybody, and I have seen GWFs get DESTROYED to the point that their damage dealt total at the end of the match is 0.

It's all in how you play, however there is a problem with the micro-transactions in this game, that makes PVP very much pay to win. You don't have to pay to win, but the problem is that you can. In a pure PWE game, that is not an issue. In any sort of PVP it very much is.
  • Options
    eniradianeniradian Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You prob need to address your PvP skill. Or possibly he was miles ahead of you in gear. But from what i have seen playing as a GWF 1v1 we lose to pretty much everyone with the same gear lvl.
  • Options
    idontcomehereidontcomehere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Permanently knocked down? We get Take Down...and... savage advance ? thats a weak daily... Besides that we have no knock downs. And Takedowns on 13 second cooldown ?
  • Options
    v1510n5v1510n5 Member Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    pAjcJ.jpg
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Endgame GWF's actually do knockdown lock people, better controllers than CW's.
  • Options
    idontcomehereidontcomehere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    with WHAT? You cant keep someone on the ground with one encounter power and one daily, a weak daily no one uses when they have Crescendo instead. Unless its an exploit that lets them spam Takedown like that guy did with Roar, then they simply have no other ways to knock people down.
  • Options
    jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People are starting to hit 60 and see that all the things at low lvl... don't always hold true with gear and skill.
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
  • Options
    vashtalelqvashtalelq Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    Im a GWF and im doing fine just becouse i team play, in a weak team i can do nothing. Yes we have a few CCs and they are more than 2 but they are a joke and all of them are dodgeable because of long animation. Other than that our damage is probably the lowest (not sure about GFs') so we depend mainly on our encounters meaning we cant have 4 CCs sloted. Ppl will say we are a tank class and thats a joke, defence in this game has no value against rouge and mage dmg in pvp. Just to ilustrate i have 34% reduction and i get crit for 30k out of 25k HP i have. Thats more than 80% and my strongest crit (with full purple pvp gear) is for 9k to a soft target. Now back on the CCs, all of them have some disabling effect for a second so if i spam all of them on one target i still have the same time of disable as a rouge's silence. Here are the skills and whats wrong with them:

Takedown - gets you prone for a second, very short range and hard to use on a moving target, low damage
    Flourish - a stab that stuns for a second, longer range and much better damage than takedown but very slow animation so yes dodgable, also blockable
    Daily Crescendo - good damage 1 sec stun, a bit faster than Flourish as animation time but i still have it dodged by good players
    Daily Savage Advance - pushes target and gets it prone for 1 sec, faster animation but lower damage

There is one more encounter worth mentioning - Indomitable Battle Strike - does the same damage as Savage advance and by far the best damage skill we have, problem however is its animation, enemy can actually see the sword going upwards, show you the finger and get out of there before it hits

Sprint - not much better than dodge or blink, seems we travel the same distance with full stamina as the other classes so in a way we are at disadvantage because there is no way to catch someone if he goes in a streight line. Also we cant get away form a mage or rouge or priest's ranged attack.

Now tell me what happens if i catch you and stun or knock you for a sec with no team support, ill tell you - you laugh at my at wills damage

So if in fact GWFs are your greatest problem you should reconsider pvp-ing
  • Options
    shepherdofmanshepherdofman Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    At level 60 GWF is a machine.. Sounds like you prob die from anything :\ lol
    ~They are Lions, and I am their Shepherd~
  • Options
    l3uck3tl3uck3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    Wow, there is a thread for every class being OP on the same page.
    ReignesLegacy_zpsb47e1102.png
  • Options
    zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    HAHA.

You must be an undergeared rogue, when it comes to PVP a GWF in T3 purples is going to pwn the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of you if you don't have any gear to compare. A rogue with equal gear can toe to toe a GWF and one shot him with your 50K crits
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alisendri wrote: »
    Right now as I see it you can never stand up once a GWF gets on you. They have perma knockdown and huge damage potential when you can do absolutely nothing about it. I fought one GWF 5 time's in one match and no matter how many time's I used Dazing strike on him it never once dazed him. Everytime I would go stealth he would run right up to exactly where I was and chain knockdown. I even used my Impossible to Catch and still got perma knocked down until dead.
    Mix a GWF and CW together and they can CC 3-4 people at a time and just burn your entire team down. People complain about TR's high damage but honestly I am not impressed at my rogue's damage even at 58. People seem to hit me for 4-5X the damage I hit them with and my gear is all 55+.

10/10 ranking in trolling skill if deliberate.

0/10 ranking in PvP skill if somehow actually serious.
    I would give a negative score, but if this post is real I feel bad enough for you already.
  • Options
    konnerkonner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I play a GWF, and I'm absolutely useless in about everything, even PVE. :/
    My in-game handle is @Ishamii and my STO/CO handle is @konner920 if you wanna add me on anything.

Shard: Beholder

Characters: Ishami (GWF level 60, geared for pvp) waiting for the Ranger class to be added

Neverwinter FTW
  • Options
    harye84harye84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    konner wrote: »
    I play a GWF, and I'm absolutely useless in about everything, even PVE. :/

Telling you how to make it work might help, but showing you will do more.
    http://www.twitch.tv/chainerfails/videos?kind=past_broadcasts
  • Options
    forsakenlich1forsakenlich1 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    double stupidity in this thread

rogue complaining about gwf. get your teddy bear out and throw it away. you need to learn to be a man

second, we do have a chain knock down and it IS Savage Advance and takedown and Savage Advance is FAR superior to Crescendo in PvP
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dhl17 wrote: »
    Not at 60, but OP still is either clueless, troll or rogue.
    edit: ok, I've read the OP, its just crying rogue who can't accept that he can't faceroll all other classes in game with his leet pvp skill that apparently you get the moment you create rogue.
  • Options
    ultraxanatovultraxanatov Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A rogue complaining about a GWF ? Seriously ? Troll post of the month, nice job ;)
  • Options
    mreptmrept Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    Not at 60, but OP still is either clueless, troll or rogue.
    edit: ok, I've read the OP, its just crying rogue who can't accept that he can't faceroll all other classes in game with his leet pvp skill that apparently you get the moment you create rogue.

Seems like a lot of people rolled a rogue after they heard it was "OP" and then find themselves disappointed that things don't die and burst into smithereens by just holding m1.
  • Options
    baburmisbaburmis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    l3uck3t wrote: »
    Wow, there is a thread for every class being OP on the same page.

haha pretty much this :)
  • Options
    statikkastatikka Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One thread about a Rogue crying about a Fighter. Another thread about a Fighter crying about a Rogue :D

Epic!
  • Options
    brakkish1brakkish1 Member, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This post has to be some sort of joke right? I wouldn't roll a GFW in pvp if I was paid to play. (ok,.. yeah if I was actually paid..I would :) )
  • Options
    sevargathsevargath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dhl17 wrote: »

true story
    6iscnm.jpg
  • Options
    akostisakostis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    Ummmmm? Really? The OP's opinion on GWF is completely laughable. A GWF cannot keep anyone in constant CC I dont know what hes talking about. Not to mention the damage output for GWF in pvp is fairly pathetic to be honest. The GWF sucks in one on one encounters in pvp.

Regards
  • Options
    mmoplaya1971mmoplaya1971 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alisendri wrote: »

If you have prpblems fighting a GWF you are the worst...player...EVER.
  • Options
    mmoplaya1971mmoplaya1971 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GWF is a joke. In PVE they suck at DPS and there is currently no reason to bring one over a second TR or CW. I play one in PVP mainly becauce they are good at capping and can escape almost anything. Last night I had #1 in points with 0 deaths and 0 kills, despite the fact that I did a lot of fighting. When its time to fight I might as well be swinging a loaf of french bread. We have 2 decent abilities in PVP. Slam - the AOE snare\damage, and Takedown. Which is on a 14 second CD (i think) and it takes a second to fire off, allowing anyone good to dodge it easily. Out At Wills are so horrible that most good GWFs will sprint away anytime their CDs are down and not bother with At wills, even with Unstoppable up. I only use unstoppable when I need to escape several players.