Install Arc
Options

Thanks to Cryptic i despise PVP now.

13»

Comments

• Options
    heafstaggheafstagg Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @Atlantix1 that philosophy is only useful when a game is balanced within a certain margin.
  • Options
    lucienkorthuslucienkorthus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kaltoum wrote: »
    I have mixture of blues and few greens for my level. So i doubt it is just gear issue.

You did say you were 33....

Let me tell you, I couldnt pvp at 21-24 pretty much at all as my CW. I hit 26 and put on a bunch of green enchantable dungeon gear and went back and it was worlds of difference.

This game levels you up, but it isnt the same bolster system as TOR (it should be...heck every game should use that system or the Gw2 system where gear is normalized completely) so you are essentially a level 39 wearing gear 6 levels to low for you, which in pvp may as well be going in naked.

At least wait till you hit 35 and get level appropriate gear.

That being said, rogues and clerics are out of hand.

Really rogue and anything. Rogue and CW will just waffle anyone. CW uses their stun and lift and the rogue gets so many seconds with combat advantage that person will die without even needing a third crowd control.

Honestly, the daze should not stop your dodge or sprint, heck i dont even think it should lock out melee classes, just seems odd to do that.

That or more classes need a daze, otherwise the only counter to rogue is another rogue.
  • Options
    imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Open world pvp or guild pvp tournament
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    v1510n5v1510n5 Member Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    kaltoum wrote: »
    So at least you read it properly this time. And if you read my OP nowhere i asked for rogues to be nerfed. However i did mention sheer number of crowd control and very few counters on GWF side. I don't care what they do with rogues but they shouldn't be able to drop a GWF a heavy armored class in matter of seconds while they are being slammed with stuns and silence.

I understand you grievances but I think you're overreacting. I really don't know why you've singled out rogues in particular as being the bane of GWFs. We all know that GWFs are quite weak in PvP at the moment so why are you complaining about rogues?

Furthermore I believe you're confused about the role of GWFs. They are not a tank class. They're a hybrid tank/DPS class that eschews defence in favour of giant freaking swords. They should not be able to tank a rogue.
  • Options
    idontcomehereidontcomehere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    At that level the difference between your HP/mitigation and a rogues is negligible, just because they do twice your damage does NOT mean they will die twice as fast by any means. Just get to 40+ and it starts to get better.
  • Options
    syllphsyllph Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Chiming in my two-cents here. I play a CW and I kept hearing about how Rogues rule the PVP arena.

Now this is important: I suck at PVP. really, I'll be the first to admit it. I never play PVP games and only really play PVE games. That being said, 1-1 no rogues in my level range (32) have been able to beat me. I can teleport away, Freeze the ground, freeze them, hold them, push them back, nearly endlessly.

Now if they catch me off-guard and get that first hit in that disables me completely... well I'm gone :)

Just saying if someone like me (horrible at PVP and very, very new to NWN - downloaded this a few days ago, pure f2p) can beat a rogue 1-1 they are not really that OP.

(PS not claiming CW are great or that rogues aren't great, just saying there is a strategy to these games)
  • Options
    lughlavadalughlavada Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    skydiversr wrote: »
    the state of pvp now i think is not even fun.
    1. you can not kick afkers

Yes, you can. The party leader can eject members from the pvp party at will.
  • Options
    identifiedgodidentifiedgod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It is true rogue is OP.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lughlavada wrote: »
    Yes, you can. The party leader can eject members from the pvp party at will.

I did this in a match yesterday. Guy disconnected, kicked him, he got replaced. Funny note though, his name showed up on the X screen, so it made it look like we had six to their five, but didn't.

Pvp seems to bring out the worst in people, at least from experience, no matter what game.
  • Options
    malganysxmalganysx Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah this is the ugliest part of the game... the classes! wtf the gwf have this low dmg!??? lower than a protector!!! LOL! and his defence is not too big but i'm not complain defenses but the attak.... the GWF should have the most burst of the game... and rogue best dps but warr suck... dont do damage and is a PDS class.. must nerf rogues and others or rebuild all attacks of warriors GWF
  • Options
    djabolicdjabolic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not about rogues its about 3 x Same class + 2 Clerics combo. You can do the same with 3 x Control Wizards, 3 x Guardian Fighters or 3 x Great Weapon Fighters.

The results will be; Getting perma cc'd to death, never being able to capture any point, never outdpsing them.

PVP is fine, learn to disorient enemy team by taking the points that are not defended by anyone and using the time advantage while they're coming to get you.

Also, GWF's do deal damage, might be lower than other classes but they still do. They just don't have enough defense to compensate the DPS difference.
  • Options
    mmoplaya1971mmoplaya1971 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The strength of the GWF is not fighting and surely not 1v1. The strength, sadly, is in escaping and running. Yes running like a woman. So, when you get chain CCed and pummeled by 3-5 enemies, or just one TR, do this:

1. Pop Unsoppable(if you are taking uber damage it will be up dont worry)
    2. Sprint toward potion or teamates
    3. When sprint ends do the jump AOE
    4. Mount.
    5. run to safety

I get away from entire teams focusing on me that way. Sadly, it is all the GWF is good at.