test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP as a GF feels like sleeping in prison with your pants off...

thepoisonsvodkathepoisonsvodka Member Posts: 29 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Militia Barracks
I currently have FULL glory PvP gear and blues and greens (lvl 60) in the rest of the spots. I have tried every spec out their including the conqueror build and the hybrid tank. Rogues burn through my guard meter in 2-3 seconds, Wizards have talents that bypass 15% of my mitigation...every class is (except GF) is designed to kill things and has the skills to back it up. My job is to live and yet I die just as fast as every other class but have one tenth of their damage. I would love to see the internal testing team play the GF and show me how the hell you live in a 1 v 1 against ANY other class. Every PvP video with the GF shows them getting beat down until help arrives. I can't be the only one who is experiencing this nonsense.
Post edited by thepoisonsvodka on

Comments

• sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    On the other hand, I have 7k power and one shot people and then get cc chained to 0 by 2 CWs.
  • derresshderressh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://youtu.be/Ded_THH9l08?t=7m50s

Shows a Conqueror Guardian 1v1ing a Rogue for at least 90% of the rogues health, then following it up with a CW 1v1.
  • stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This game wasn't internally tested, they've made that pretty clear. Unfortunately balance won't be happening anytime soon either as there's no way for this company to cash out over balancing. Things are going to be this way for a very long time and that sucks cause the PvP did at one point have some potential, but I just can't see it happening.
  • macinaossamacinaossa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    I'm not lvl 60 yet (lvl 50 atm) and i'm not a guardian fighter (i'm a cw) but i think that you are speaking about Pvp in random grp (PUG)
    In random grp fight you may be right because for random the rogue class is the best but if you going to pvp with a premade grp you will see that gf will get their place in game. For sure the pvp is not really balanced and prolly will never be but i think that we need to speak about non random grp pvp where most of the time you can have 1 or 2 ppl crashed or afk or other ppl running around just to get the 300 contribution points of the flag and not playing togheter as a team
  • rahama2forumrahama2forum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    macinaossa wrote: »
    I'm not lvl 60 yet (lvl 50 atm) and i'm not a guardian fighter (i'm a cw) but i think that you are speaking about Pvp in random grp (PUG)
    In random grp fight you may be right because for random the rogue class is the best but if you going to pvp with a premade grp you will see that gf will get their place in game. For sure the pvp is not really balanced and prolly will never be but i think that we need to speak about non random grp pvp where most of the time you can have 1 or 2 ppl crashed or afk or other ppl running around just to get the 300 contribution points of the flag and not playing togheter as a team
    95% of the people play as PuG. Why are you talking about the 5% ones? Also the GF is useless in a premade if its premade vs pug match. And premade vs premade...well 5% vs 5% => a really **** low chance.
  • macinaossamacinaossa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    95% of the people play as PuG. Why are you talking about the 5% ones? Also the GF is useless in a premade if its premade vs pug match. And premade vs premade...well 5% vs 5% => a really **** low chance.

Right now i'm playing in PUG too but just because i'm still levelling and i think when more ppl will reach lvl 60 there will be more ppl looking for made premade group for arena pvp . I'm already waiting some friends that are exping in lower bracket than mine and i think i'm not the only one waiting for better pvp match even if this game is mostly focused in the pve
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    They will be spending the next 5 years trying to balance the pvp. Unfortunately D&D's core system is NOT really designed for PvP competitive gameplay. It's designed for cooperative gameplay.
  • thepoisonsvodkathepoisonsvodka Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They will be spending the next 5 years trying to balance the pvp. Unfortunately D&D's core system is NOT really designed for PvP competitive gameplay. It's designed for cooperative gameplay.

Really? Ok then let's talk about GF threat or lack there of...
  • remedialhappymanremedialhappyman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Level 60 guardiant fighter feels very squishy even with pvp gear.
  • idontcomehereidontcomehere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I did a pug last night 50-59 bracket, and a lvl 50 GF actually ended with the most kills, said he was a crit build. In a premade-vs-premade, they knew how to use their lone guardian, they send him to a distant point and let him hold it himself, he could probably 1v1 anyone and even with 2 GWF's on him trying to flank him, its hard to CC him in the back long. He died way before his guard meter did but he almost killed one of us, didnt see him use any at-wills, just shield up and encounter powers that hurt like hell and CC.
  • epixcomixepixcomix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly, the GF is in better shape in regards to pvp than the GWF is. The GF is a great CP taker and holder. If you get ganged by a 5 man team all focusing you, then yeah you are going to be hurting but any other class will be instantly destroyed as well in that situation. Classes are not balanced well, but the silver lining is...your class is not the worst built for pvp :D
  • byoung1434byoung1434 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol I am lvl 54 GF and I dominate my bracket. I was shocked at how op my GF is. I placed first in score for about the last 9/10 games and have tons of blues on the auction house making me AD. I also am on a 15 game winning spree except for one loss mixed in. I use bull charge, front line assault, and the other charge ability. I use combat superiority and trample the fallen for passives for at wills I use the mini charge and cleave. for dailies I use the 2 hitter quitter prone ability in 1v1 or to finish off a pesky healer and I use the line aoe knock back in group fights (I always set it up w front line assault tho) and for feats I have the 15 percent prone time increase and I went tactical skill tree to get action points when I take DMG without blocking, I have improved trample the fallen and do tons of DPS. I also disable someone for about 5 seconds solid of prone I'd mY daily is up and I don't even have the 1 extra second from frontal assault yet which I am now working on. no one can escape you and the only class that beats me in 1v1 is a cleric.
    edited May 2013
    basically you let improved trample the fallen do the work for u. I can't think of that dailies name but it hits on twice and knocks them back. if u active that while they are prone or controlled u can do massive damage. I crited a CW once for 11k DMG and killed him with about 40 percent HP remaining .
  • cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GF are fine in PvP... You build like a DPS expect to die like one. Build tanky and your a beast.
  • cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With that said read our bug list... GF have a LOT of bugged skills. Learn your limitations... and hope that we get fixed.
  • remedialhappymanremedialhappyman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Playing Sumo at a control point is extremely effective its just as 60 a single CW or TR can solo you in a short amount of time. You wont get High in points but you will win most of your games.
    edited May 2013
    lvl 60 must be vastly different than lvl 50s bracket because TR and CW stand zero chance against me 1v1 at this point
  • epixcomixepixcomix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    byoung1434 wrote: »
    lvl 60 must be vastly different than lvl 50s bracket because TR and CW stand zero chance against me 1v1 at this point

Well 60 is going to have the highest tier of gear and more people getting it since they are capped as opposed to those moving through the lower brackets fairly quickly as they level. Having said that though, player skill and ability to play the class will also make the experience for each GF different.
    edited May 2013
    Yea like all MMOs. I just level fairly quickly and gain tons of AD in PvP so I use it as sole way to gain exp since lvl 44 or so. I will switch to pve if I acquire all my pvp gear beforehand though
    epixcomix wrote: »
    Well 60 is going to have the highest tier of gear and more people getting it since they are capped as opposed to those moving through the lower brackets fairly quickly as they level. Having said that though, player skill and ability to play the class will also make the experience for each GF different.
  • galactimangalactiman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is a Cryptic game, which means 99% of their team has moved on to the next new project by now. Cryptic is good at making a shiny new game that is fun for the first few levels, then becomes a horribly unbalanced grind fest with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for content that stays in limbo trying to milk as much money as it can from their overpriced cash shop while their development crew moves on to repeat the whole thing on a new game leaving a bare bones team behind on the old game just to fix a couple game breaking bugs every month or so.
  • yukishiro3yukishiro3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 94
    edited May 2013
    I think anyone hoping for balanced PVP should give up now given the track record Cryptic has. Just roll a TR like everyone else if you really want to PVP in this game.
  • infraynorrinfraynorr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm only lvl 56 but I'm always first in PvP, I'm pure DPS specced, so no blocking unless it's for disables and such, I use, lunging strike - knee breaker - frontal surge, for features, combat superiority and ferocious reaction.
    edited May 2013
    byoung1434 wrote: »

It is, in the 50-59 bracket I could easily 1v2-3 a point by knocking people off and using temp HP to keep myself up.

Its not uncommon for a rogue to deal 22kish damage in 4 seconds at 60.
  • maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's always the player not the game. 95% of my games I win coming top, I'm level 47 atm just by pure pvp. 90% of the games I win. It's not only about builds, it's the way you use it. In that video with Envy, if he didn't miss his first move, he'd have gotten him to half hp way earlier and would have killed him before the team arrived. In pvp there's only domination atm and because rogues LOVE TO KILL EVERY OTHER CLASS, they don't have the right skills to take on the GF or GWF unless they keep switching.
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • qryticalqrytical Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are a couple of GFs in Mindflayer that give me more trouble than any TR or CW. Matter of fact, I absolutely hate going against any decently played DC/GF combo.
  • dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I only came into this thread to tell you that you have given the thread the best title i have ever seen.
  • ceonnynceonnyn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just hit lvl 60 tonight.

I had done enough pvp so that I was able to buy all the pvp gear immediately.

I have 7700 gear score.

I die in 2 seconds. Literally as soon as a rogue gets behind my shield, they destroy me instantly.

I am not sure how this is balanced or what.
  • aedndorfaedndorf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I currently have FULL glory PvP gear and blues and greens (lvl 60) in the rest of the spots. I have tried every spec out their including the conqueror build and the hybrid tank. Rogues burn through my guard meter in 2-3 seconds, Wizards have talents that bypass 15% of my mitigation...every class is (except GF) is designed to kill things and has the skills to back it up. My job is to live and yet I die just as fast as every other class but have one tenth of their damage. I would love to see the internal testing team play the GF and show me how the hell you live in a 1 v 1 against ANY other class. Every PvP video with the GF shows them getting beat down until help arrives. I can't be the only one who is experiencing this nonsense.

Your fighting people who have been farming dungeons for the best drops in the game. the pvp set basically sucks for pvp, as it has no power, and is all defense. its actually a tanking set thats better suited to pve content if you want to tank mobs, which from waht i can see is itself pointless as a GF cause your job is to play rat chaser while the rogues DPS down the bosses.
  • dietaryfiber111dietaryfiber111 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Speaking as a GF who wins 99.9% of 1v1s, no.

D15Bh6o.jpg
  • beleb1beleb1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    Well I'm from <Hate> on Dragon... not sure if you have seen us running around in pvp yet or not but at 60 my premade just lets me do what I want. GF is a beast in 1v1 and I can sometimes 2v1 as long as they aren't both ranged. I can't kill a DC unless all my skills crit. Highest crit thus far from anvil of doom has been 16998 in pvp, I felt bad for that cleric...

Now I don't run the typical pve dps build that's mentioned all over the place focusing down the conqueror tree. I have built my class toward a straight cc build. 21 points in tactician and 10 in conqueror for the temp HP damage increase. I use trample the fallen and ferocious reaction...I could probably go combat superiority but the ferocious reaction will scare the **** out of a rogue if they aren't paying close attention. At wills are Crushing Surge and Tide of Iron, Encounters Lunging Strike, Front Line Surge, and Anvil of doom.

I run supremacy of steel and the 2 hit kb/kd, you can use these whenever the mood suits you. My premade that I roll with gets a kick out of hearing me in vent destroying ppl 1v1 and 1v2. While they are fighting the rest of the group somewhere else. GFs are extremely powerful in pvp if played correctly. I'll give you my full build if you guys need it but by what I have said above you should be able to figure it out.