test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No other PvP MMO gave me as much frustration as this game does

urdefmadurdefmad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
seeing noobs not fighting at cap point = rage
seeing noobs afk in spawn when game starts = rage
seeing noobs attack GWF instead of cleric = rage

no words can describe how mad this makes me.

every time i queue for pvp i brace myself for the terrible's that i will have to put up with

no other pvp mmo was this bad.
Post edited by urdefmad on

Comments

• Options
    infestedchris12infestedchris12 Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    Dude stop being a baby and get your self a PvP group. Get some friends man.
  • Options
    mickst3rmickst3r Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Countless rage when I encounter nubs fighting tanks outside cap points as their team mates stand and cap and laugh...
  • Options
    apox08apox08 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    urdefmad wrote: »
    seeing noobs not fighting at cap point = rage
    seeing noobs afk in spawn when game starts = rage
    seeing noobs attack GWF instead of cleric = rage

no words can describe how mad this makes me.

every time i queue for pvp i brace myself for the terrible's that i will have to put up with

You play this game for its PVP? LOL
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Your first mistake, this is not a PvP MMO, this is a PvE MMO with PvP on the side, so you are going to get a lot of PvP newbs playing. Second mistake is getting mad about a game. Instead of getting mad try mentoring those who are making mistakes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Sounds like you have never done PvP in WoW, Rift, SW:TOR ... ;) It's the same everywhere, as is the solution: Play with friends or look for like-minded people from the zone chat. If you play with random people, you get random people. It's even easier here because you only need four other people.

Takes minimal effort. Granted, that is marginally more than complaining, but it's more efficient.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    malonikmalonik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Less QQ, more joining a PvP guild...
    Malonik - Devoted Cleric
    Sarrix - Trickster Rogue
    Hero of the North
    Owner of Neverwinter Elite.
    Officer of Virtual Guardians.
  • Options
    epictrilogyepictrilogy Member Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    I call BS. Because every pvp mini game MMO is the same, pugs always suck, even in League of Legends.
  • Options
    j0mberwakij0mberwaki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    inb4 cool stories of lifting.
    4895b885-3d65-48d2-9eb2-d940289d7be4_zps8e4ae678.jpg
    WTB Big-Giant Robot Camels, tbh...
  • Options
    serina313serina313 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    HINT: Don't get mad. The system auto-boots people who are inactive after 15 minutes.

2nd, quit focusing on PvP.

3rd, I can tell you of even more frustrating mmos, trust me, it gets worse!
    Sontar-HA! Sontar-HA!
  • Options
    morbidthought666morbidthought666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    There are several PvP only MMO options, I recommend leaving a PvE game and going to one of them.
  • Options
    unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    AFKing has been a problem w/ plenty of other MMOs. Sadly, Cryptic failed to realize this. AFKers and deserters/quitters need to be given some sort of penalty like a debuff / no glory or blocked from joining other pvp matches for a period of time.
  • Options
    stubbinmytoestubbinmytoe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    urdefmad wrote: »

Guess you never played WoW
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there a guide or whatever for PvP hints and such? I admit I'm not an expert and usually that ends up with people being rude to you in the group. Sorry we're not all PvP experts GOSH! And yeah giving people some advice usually goes better than telling them they suck. I actually found someone give me so advice today without being rude about it and hey.. I learned something.

AFKers are a problem. But they're not actually AFK as such so they wont be disconnected after 15 minutes. They are just sitting there at the spawn point probably moving the mouse every 5 minutes or so. They are just too lazy to actually do anything. Some actually do things for a couple minutes then sit there. Hopefully scenarios like that will be addressed soon.
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have not PvP yet in this game but in other games, when (on very rare occasions) I did PvP, I put in effort. I am not a PvP person. I do not afkers either. I would be inclined to allow the opposing group come over and have a few free kills. :)

The 15 minute disconnect is a help though you are able to work around this. In STO the auto boot timer is much longer. Had a problem with people getting booted while waiting on the map transfer to complete.
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You want PVP?

Go play Darkfall.
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I find your post and your nickname ironic.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    There is no need to make new threads on the same topic of feedback. There is already a thread you've posted in concerning PvP.
This discussion has been closed.