test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Another BAN for quest Bloody Pit: Unchained (old Blood and Sand: Unchained)

volcxxxvolcxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
OK, i am asking nicely:

WHY THE HELL MY QUEST WAS BANNED AGAIN?
I removed all Spartacus series references + changed name to Bloody Pit: Unchained.
And i got another ban?

And this pisses me off. After i republished my quest goes to top 5 highest rated quests in 1 day.
Ban. Not even a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in my direction, only automated message without reason given.
And noone cares about tickets.

Seriously, is here any Foundry moderator who can explain me what is wrong with my quest?
Any private message with reason, so i will change what you dont like.

And no, it is not a girls in bikinis - those are models strictly from foundy.
And no, it is not becouse of slavery girls - pleny of them are ingame already.

So what is the reason of ban?!

Seriously...
5cm82e.jpg
Old "Blood and Sand: Unchained" quest
Played more than 100 000 times!
> TRY IT NOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ecy4o6JqLc
Post edited by volcxxx on

Comments

• Options
    dignity88dignity88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No idea why you got banned but I do like to say that I thorougly enjoyed your quest. I hope you keep making cool stuff like that in the future.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    volcxxxvolcxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »

This is not hyborian, there are NO REFERENCES to hyborian now.
    5cm82e.jpg
    > TRY IT NOW!

• Options
    tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you certain it's not just a temp ban caused by players reporting it for some reason? Both my quests have been hit multiple times by this nonsense, but they always return quickly. In fact, they've always returned by the time I even notice.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    volcxxx wrote: »
    This is not hyborian, there are NO REFERENCES to hyborian now.

Did you just remove your HYBORIAN sig. You did didn't you just there . Legend XD
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tilt42 wrote: »
    Are you certain it's not just a temp ban caused by players reporting it for some reason? Both my quests have been hit multiple times by this nonsense, but they always return quickly. In fact, they've always returned by the time I even notice.

Man, just when I thought there were enough Foundry problems. Now people are gonna hump the report button because they're mad about the nerf. BTW - I wonder if my map can be banned for using D&D lore, since that's probably someone's intellectual property.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Did you just remove your HYBORIAN sig. You did didn't you just there . Legend XD

Yes, becouse it was outdated. Banned quest name was:
    Bloody Pit: Unchained.
    I dont have time now to change graphic.
    5cm82e.jpg
    > TRY IT NOW!

• Options
    vengolavengola Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This along with the other guys' Planescape and Dungeon Crawls are exactly the types of missions that I like to play. If would be nice if Cryptic stopped <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with it.
  • Options
    duskdweller78duskdweller78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think it's the Unchained.... you know, Django: Unchained......

.....I'm joking by the way, I really enjoyed playing you quest :)
    Campaign:Different Seasons
    Author: @BardicKnowledge
    Q1: Prologue - The Lady and the Worm NW-DPQPJSVTH
    Tags: #Challenge, #Story, #Solo, #Group
  • Options
    thewatcheruatuthewatcheruatu Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just wanted to say that somebody recommended your quest to me the other day, and I played it, loved it, tipped for it, and recommended it to others. When I played it, the Spartacus reference was in there, but it's really pretty difficult to imagine that even that could have been cause for a ban. Maybe this is just the price of popularity? Haters trying to ruin it for you?

On a side note, I would be crazy vexed if I spent as much time working on something (as you clearly did), and it got banned without a word as to why. Crazy vexed.
  • Options
    bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't understand either man, I really enjoyed it. I hope everything gets figured out. It's a good one.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Could people be abusing the report feature? I don't know if banning happens automatically or if they look at the quest first before banning, but if people are reporting it for the skimpy "slaves", that could be a reason. I know it's not really that bad, and the foundry allows it, but if the banning happens if too many people report it for that, it could be a reason. Just guessing here, as i haven't made a quest yet. It would be nice if when one is banned that they give proper feedback why, i'm guessing they don't? Like "Copyright, Spartacus" or "XP farm exploit", that sort of thing.
  • Options
    tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some of the bans appear to be automatic. There's really nothing else that could have caused A Hidden Blade and The Lanaar Legacy to be temporarily banned for example, as they feature only original content and are so heavily story based that the term "wall of text" regularly pops up in reviews. This also only started happening once Cryptic allowed quests to be reported after a player dropped them.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tilt42 wrote: »
    Some of the bans appear to be automatic. There's really nothing else that could have caused A Hidden Blade and The Lanaar Legacy to be temporarily banned for example, as they feature only original content and are so heavily story based that the term "wall of text" regularly pops up in reviews. This also only started happening once Cryptic allowed quests to be reported after a player dropped them.

But only my quest got banned. :/
    And my quest architecture is nothing special or suspicious. I really dont get it.
    I know mobs are respawning after some time - just like in original Vellosk map (i think), but this is how outdoor foundry maps working, nothing weird there.
    No idea...
    5cm82e.jpg
    > TRY IT NOW!

• Options
    chairgraveyard1chairgraveyard1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    Just wanted to say I played your original quest and it was awesome.

Sucks that they've banned it, especially for no reason (or no reason they've given, at least).

Somehow not surprising given their current behavior though, it seems like they want the Foundry to be terrible and soon abandoned entirely. At the rate they're breaking it and banning good missions, it shouldn't be long.
  • Options
    foundrymakerfoundrymaker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 253 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Not trying to start a flame war, but I doubt you will get an official reply, as posting discussions about bans is against PW rules. I'm kinda surprised this topic isn't locked and sent to the Lower Depths yet.
    Somehow not surprising given their current behavior though, it seems like they want the Foundry to be terrible and soon abandoned entirely. At the rate they're breaking it and banning good missions, it shouldn't be long.

The Foundry does not make PW money.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I will try to call tomorrow to Cryptic, we will see.
    If quest remain banned, it is end of my foundry making, sorry guys but i lost hope.

I am glad some people have fun with my quest, thank you all <B
    5cm82e.jpg
    > TRY IT NOW!

• Options
    edited May 2013
    The Foundry does not make PW money.

WRONG.

MMOs all have the same problem: there isn't enough content. The Foundry is endless content, which means people will keep playing the game (and thus, SPENDING MONEY) long after they've finished the limited amount of Cryptic built content.

If you think that user generated content is worthless you are sadly misinformed, or perhaps have never heard of Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 (still played to this day, SOLELY BECAUSE OF USER MADE CONTENT)? Or perhaps The Elder Scrolls games? You must think people play Morrowind to this day solely because of the main quest and nothing else?

You're wrong. User generated content is the lifeblood of replayability, which all MMOs SORELY LACK.
  • Options
    foundrymakerfoundrymaker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 253 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I will try to call tomorrow to Cryptic, we will see.
    If quest remain banned, it is end of my foundry making, sorry guys but i lost hope.

I am glad some people have fun with my quest, thank you all <B

Cryptic has nothing to say, They are owned by Perfect World Entertainment. Going to Cryptic is like complaining to your local software store about Microsoft
  • Options
    kelplanktonkelplankton Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This same problem hit me, too. People are abusing the reporting system to force automatic takedowns of a number of front-page Foundry quests. Mine was 'Yes, A Kobold Dungeon Master' and it was banned this morning for no reason too.

Support won't even respond to me- they told me I'll hear back in "three to five business days". It's really, really disheartening to see this happen just when my quest crossed the 1000 plays mark.

Art, Animation, and Stuff:
    DA Tumblr Vimeo Youtube
  • Options
    kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    But only my quest got banned. :/
    And my quest architecture is nothing special or suspicious. I really dont get it.
    I know mobs are respawning after some time - just like in original Vellosk map (i think), but this is how outdoor foundry maps working, nothing weird there.
    No idea...
    You're quoting someone saying their quests got banned, to say only your quest got banned? :confused:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You're quoting someone saying their quests got banned, to say only your quest got banned? :confused:

Pretty sure he meant "Only my quest was banned, I wasn't.", not "no other quests have been banned."
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic has nothing to say, They are owned by Perfect World Entertainment. Going to Cryptic is like complaining to your local software store about Microsoft

i will try pwe then.
    Seriously, in foundry alpha devs and mods communicated with (small then) foundry testers.
    Now i dont even know to who should i knock to get some answer. Like dead house, everyone just took their toys and go for holidays.
    Only "answer" is from forum moderators (they closing threads).
    5cm82e.jpg
    > TRY IT NOW!

• Options
    edited May 2013
    It seems to me they're doing everything they can to kill the Foundry.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Pretty sure he meant "Only my quest was banned, I wasn't.", not "no other quests have been banned."

I am guessing some quests got banned too (this sick "kill xx ogres" crapy quests). But i am talking about Real quests, not "cashmakers" or "XPmakers".
    5cm82e.jpg
    > TRY IT NOW!

• Options
    edited May 2013
    I am guessing some quests got banned too (this sick "kill xx ogres" crapy quests). But i am talking about Real quests, not "cashmakers" or "XPmakers".
    Nice of you to refer to tilt42's quest that way. It is a Foundry featured quest.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Nice of you to refer to tilt42's quest that way. It is a Foundry featured quest.

Tilt quests didnt get banned as i understand. I know Tilt's quests, they are awesome.

He wroted "There's really nothing else that could have caused A Hidden Blade and The Lanaar Legacy to be temporarily banned for example"

--> "For example"
    5cm82e.jpg
    > TRY IT NOW!

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Tilt quests didnt get banned as i understand. I know Tilt's quests, they are awesome.

He wroted "There's really nothing else that could have caused A Hidden Blade and The Lanaar Legacy to be temporarily banned for example"

--> "For example"
    You missed a post in another thread where he said they are banned.

blade.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    oh, sorry then :/
    5cm82e.jpg
    > TRY IT NOW!

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Didn't realize you opened another one prior to my PM to you. I am sure you're aware why I have to close this one too. My apologies.
This discussion has been closed.