test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Worried about XP nerf - IOW "Why we can't have nice things" :)

124»

Comments

• Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The nerf to the exp doesn't surprise me, let's not beat around the bush, the issue was clearly that people were levelling too fast with the Foundry, and if you want to level up at a faster pace than normal, then Perfect World wants you to fork up the cash. Those super exp farm quests were a way to bypass the "buy tons of AD and rush Leadership if you want to level up fast, kkthx" That Perfect World likes so much, and yes apparently the very first level 60 in this game did it that way... spending something like 800 dollars if I'm not mistaken.

I think that the nerf to exp is not really a problem, I did "I am Slayer" earlier today and still gave about 25% of a level in exp (I was 44) (not during foundry event either), so the exp is still somewhat decent from the legit quests.

There are, however, several other issues with the foundry that should be really taken a good look at. The tool is not really that "powerful" at all. I can't make boss fights. I can't customize the skillsets and behaviour of monsters. I can't make guardian npcs that fight alongside you. Heck, I can't even change the color of a Dwarf's NPC beard?! Apparently all we can do with it, is to do a "combination" (a very limited one) of whatever already exists in game. Oh, and put it a different costume, usually a buggy mess where you can't even remove the headpiece or add gloves to certain npcs. /frown.
  • Options
    baburmisbaburmis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So they are ok wtih people lvling from 1-60 in a couple of hours, as long as they spend $ to abuse leadership system, but when it comes to foundry they are not ok with people farming/lvling too fast :P PWE :=)

Give it another month or two, and we'll consider ourselves lucky if PWE doesnt remove foundry xp/loot completely (loot is already much worse than open game loot though), so enjoy it while it lasts.
  • Options
    pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zaphtastic wrote: »
    Summary (TLDR)
    During the entire life of the COH MA, there were ALWAYS farms. They were ALWAYS at the top, no matter what Paragon tried. Sure, after a patch there was a day or two when the previous farms were broken, but the authors just came up with new farms. This is basically an unwinnable cat-and-mouse game. If you take drastic measures like removing all rewards from player-created content altogether or severely limiting the editor's capabilities, you can 'win'... but in my POV, that cost is not worth it. What you need to do is let the farmers farm, let the RPers RP, let the story authors make stories, let the challenge / hack-and-slash people make their challenge maps.

This. Absolutely this.

It's easy enough to level in this game without the foundry (I was 60 by the time open beta launch day rolled around... that was just questing 4-5 hours a day solo with a few skirmishes and such that actually slowed down my leveling speed :P), you don't need to be ruining the amazing tool that is the foundry just to spite people who want to get to 60 even faster than they already can by way of questing. Those people are going to buy jack all from your zen store anyway... OR... they will buy MORE character slots when they power all their toons to 60.
  • Options
    maddllamamaddllama Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would you prefer they used llamas? ;)

Only if they are Madd... then they would fit right in. ;)
    5444373MbVxa.png
    @kmhknight

My campaign: The Madness Plague.
    My quest: Blacklake Gold

My guild: "The Older" Age 30+, Casual