test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Terrible Customer Support

madcacklemadcackle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The customer support for this game has been some of the worse I have ever seen in an MMO. I purchased a Hero of the North pack on Sunday and it never showed up in game (I have followed all the online directions). I cannot get any reply to in-game GM support, forum posts, e-mail posts or phone customer support and I have been trying for three days. The phone system they use is a joke, they don't have a call que, instead you have to keep calling over and over and over on the slim chance someone will answer. I have spend 5-6 hours on the phone in the last 3 days trying to get through to anyone. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so, how/if did it get resolved.
Post edited by madcackle on

Comments

• Options
    shamandarshamandar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mmm, I'd look up PWE's BBB ranking. I wish I'd have done so before I bought here.

Sorry mate.
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    shamandar wrote: »
    mmm, I'd look up PWE's BBB ranking. I wish I'd have done so before I bought here.

Sorry mate.

If you use the BBB as a metric......then you are incredibly amusing. Bravo!
  • Options
    peterfspeterfs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hkiewa wrote: »

Yeah, because why should we listen to others that have been ripped off? We should all just learn on our own!

/tool
  • Options
    shamandarshamandar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Granted, it's got it's flaws like everything else.

Anything specific you want to comment on or are you just trolling in general?

(too quick on the reply - meant to include the quote)
  • Options
    kyotheman9000kyotheman9000 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cant' even get human voice on phone keeps sending me to automated response every time i want my account upgraded i paid them their money like wtf this is bad business if u alienate your customers.
  • Options
    stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well we can start with how suspicious it is that we've never heard from an actual developer and the only communication that exists between the playerbase and the company are the mods on these forums that have nothing to do with the actual game itself.
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well we can start with how suspicious it is that we've never heard from an actual developer and the only communication that exists between the playerbase and the company are the mods on these forums that have nothing to do with the actual game itself.

That's simply not true.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That isn't true - actual Cryptic personnel have posted on these forums. Those are the ones with names in Red.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    peterfs wrote: »
    Yeah, because why should we listen to others that have been ripped off? We should all just learn on our own!

/tool

Ah child, if you knew anything about the BBB, you would taken everything (good or bad) with a grain of salt. I'm sorry your education failed you
  • Options
    stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    That's simply not true.

oh you mean the people that post the patch notes then disappear till the next patch notes arrive?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    oh you mean the people that post the patch notes then disappear till the next patch notes arrive?

Clearly you lack the ability to navigate the forum home page. Are you this dim with simpler things like breathing?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ah child, if you knew anything about the BBB, you would taken everything (good or bad) with a grain of salt. I'm sorry your education failed you

Any facts in question here or just ad hominem (character) attacks?

I take everything with large boulders of salt. If you've got any useful information, I'd be happy to listen. You're just a troll as long as all you have are personal attacks though. :)

Or a shill...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Clearly you lack the ability to navigate the forum home page. Are you this dim with simpler things like breathing?

Have you ever seen an actual developer of this game post in any of the threads that bring up all the issues contained within it? Any devs ever hop in and talk about future updates, anything of the sort?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    And no, I don't mean "We're looking into it!" posts. That doesn't count for anything.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    And no, I don't mean "We're looking into it!" posts. That doesn't count for anything.

Well, it's communication with intent at least. That's something tangible, even if it is often times meaningless in the long run.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Here you go:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?164181-Known-software-conflicts&p=2833921#post2833921

(Okay, some of them have blue names)
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »

Well,
    until we or the developer can fix any known compatibility problems

meaning this person isn't a developer. they're talking about addons? that's the best you could find?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well, it's communication with intent at least. That's something tangible, even if it is often times meaningless in the long run.

I'm just saying it's kind of weird how there's no dev diaries or "hey thanks for blowing all kinds of money on our free game, we appreciate it: here's an insight to what's up with some future content updates". Like no one finds this odd? At all?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well,

meaning this person isn't a developer. they're talking about addons? that's the best you could find?

Well, speaking professionally - and I have no specifics that I can give - apps like that are prone to programming AND hardware issues due to how they address both software and hardware. :(

Just my take on that post regarding software that tends to intrude that deeply (or wierdly) in to the OS and/or hardware though.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well,

Okay, you're clearly challenged in some way.

What does his title:"Lead Graphics Programmer" mean to you?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I really didn't read into it before I posted that, just saw the word addon and posted. After skimming through, I'm still not impressed. I just don't see why, if this isn't all some huge cash grab scam, there hasn't been anyone directly communicating with us about anything regarding gameplay aside from fixing exploits. Does that not spell out "does-not-give-a-****-c-k"?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Okay, you're clearly challenged in some way.

What does his title:"Lead Graphics Programmer" mean to you?

that he programs graphics. as in he's not a content developer. personal attacks really aren't going to work here, you should try a different method.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    that he programs graphics. as in he's not a content developer. personal attacks really aren't going to work here, you should try a different method.

You asked for a developer post. I gave you a developer post. Now you're moving the goalposts saying that it has to be a content developer.

You've clearly decided what you believe and aren't willing to admit that you've been proven wrong, so I will try a different method.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm just saying it's kind of weird how there's no dev diaries or "hey thanks for blowing all kinds of money on our free game, we appreciate it: here's an insight to what's up with some future content updates". Like no one finds this odd? At all?

Companies are strange creatures. Especially big ones. At the one I work for, nobody would dare make a public statement regarding a decision (which is what the press treats confirmed employee forum postings as) unless it was approved at the VP level or higher or someone thinks that nobody would care. YMMV of course, but it's frequently an artifact of being a game company or "in technology", and there's been a serious backlash on that recently thanks to a few rather famous examples.

It seems that you're looking for more dev involvement - may I suggest more constructive means rather than hijacking this thread?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You asked for a developer post. I gave you a developer post. Now you're moving the goalposts saying that it has to be a content developer.

You've clearly decided what you believe and aren't willing to admit that you've been proven wrong, so I will try a different method.

Nah I clearly stated that I wanted some kind of acknowledgment other than exploit fixes and if you couldn't use common sense to figure out that an attempt at a software explanation wasn't what I was looking for, then you may be the one who is "challenged."
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Make a point here sometime? Please?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I just wanna know why this company is so sketchy. Goes along with the theme of the OP. We've never gotten any kind of involvement from them and it seems like that's something you'd need to have in a game that plans to stick around for the long haul, no?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Nah I clearly stated that I wanted some kind of acknowledgment other than exploit fixes and if you couldn't use common sense to figure out that an attempt at a software explanation wasn't what I was looking for, then you may be the one who is "challenged."

Amusing....
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Companies are strange creatures. Especially big ones. At the one I work for, nobody would dare make a public statement regarding a decision (which is what the press treats confirmed employee forum postings as) unless it was approved at the VP level or higher or someone thinks that nobody would care. YMMV of course, but it's frequently an artifact of being a game company or "in technology", and there's been a serious backlash on that recently thanks to a few rather famous examples.

True enough, although game companies are usually small enough to not be that shackled. Cryptic in particular has had a reasonable track record of engagement with their players, just look at STO - they regularly post dev blogs, have monthly Q&A's, etc... I'm assuming that once the launch chaos settles down, there will be similar communication here.
  • Options
    pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I entered a support ticket, the reply was to search this forum for an answer! And they called it solved.