test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sillenced for 24 hours.

senix187senix187 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Well hello i got a issue im sillenced for the second time for 24 hours.
I dit not spam at all im like looking for people for a group and i only ask once in the 2/3 min and some one left my group i dit not say anything.

thought a well lets look for more people and it says im sillenced for 24 hours first time i thought ok weird but now im like i dit not do anything and sillencing a level 60 for 24 hour's you might just give him a ban? for 1 day this is an outrage maybe some one got the wrong person or somthing but this is annoying if people just report 1 person even if he dident spam he stil gets banned :S

Im really pissed of right now.
i even charged 50$ today. im like wtf + its my birthday. if i seriusly spammed you can sillence me but i DIT NOT SPAM!
Post edited by senix187 on

Comments

• kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    haha I already have you on forum ignore so I don't see what you posted....

but I'll +1 for the title.
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you do a ticket in game to get gm support?
  • senix187senix187 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    that wil take like 3/4 days this is just weird . and it's really sad to sillence people for 24 hours when they dident do anything wrong:S
  • jaybee1jaybee1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You get silenced if enough people ignore you within a short amount of time. It's a stupid system open to abuse but it's not going to change.
  • senix187senix187 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I askt for people to do some t2 runs like only twice so some one left maybe he dident want me to whisper him why he left and ingored me and after that i got sillenced. like wat dit i do wrong there?
  • hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It should be pointed out that discussing disciplinary action is a no no. This thread will be locked in.....
    edited May 2013
    It's only a disciplinary action of you dit somthing wrong if not it's called abussing the system and the one that reports people for no reason should get sillenced.
    edited May 2013
    funny thing is i was recording.

GG!
  • cronis10000cronis10000 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its a stupid system and 8 year old children abuse it. Unfortunately this company has its head up there tailpipe so bad they will be of little help to you anyways.
    edited May 2013
    jaybee1 wrote: »
    You get silenced if enough people ignore you within a short amount of time. It's a stupid system open to abuse but it's not going to change.

that's awesome if you're right. I ignore people all the time, mainly gold sellers but some others, I'm glad that the ignore thing may actually result in something happening. If you're right then there's probably another step too if it happens a few times..
    edited May 2013
    It's just really sad..
    there are tons of new players spamming with lockboxes and im the one that get's sillenced.?

Gonna leave the game for wat it is even when i spend 200$ on it

Cheers for the reply.!
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    senix187 wrote: »
    It's only a disciplinary action of you dit somthing wrong if not it's called abussing the system and the one that reports people for no reason should get sillenced.

The point is that the people putting him on ignore aren't doing anything wrong. It is up to everyone to decide who they want and don't want to hear.

The problem lies in the system which automatically means that anyone who gets put on a certain number of ignore lists gets auto-silenced.......
    edited May 2013
    look at the previous treath of myne abaut pre made teams in pvp you wil find out wat this guy is all abaut hey even look at his post. but no need to explain myself and yes the system is weird but im not gonna stay in the game if i get sillenced 24 hours if some one else feels like it. do i sillence anyone only gold spammers thats wat the system should be abaut if they think you spam to mutch they should make it so you cant type for a couple min. not 24 hours because some ******bag feels like ignoring you.
  • kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    beaghan1 wrote: »
    that's awesome if you're right. I ignore people all the time, mainly gold sellers but some others, I'm glad that the ignore thing may actually result in something happening. If you're right then there's probably another step too if it happens a few times..

I totally agree. I'm going to start ignoring more LFG/LFM/Selling/Buying/Trading spammers. It sucks that it can be abused, but being only 24 hours it's not the end of the world if you get hit. And those that deserved it MIGHT learn what they're doing is wrong.
    edited May 2013
    yes i get there need to be some sort of silence for spammers but this is the second time in 48 hours. and if you're level 60
    no chat fuction = like no dungeons because the queue system is broke:D

but im not even gonna bother anymore i wish you all the best. But im done with cryptic atm:rolleyes:

Cheers for the reply's glad im not the only one thinking the system is stupid.!
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    The point is that the people putting him on ignore aren't doing anything wrong. It is up to everyone to decide who they want and don't want to hear.

The problem lies in the system which automatically means that anyone who gets put on a certain number of ignore lists gets auto-silenced.......

The problem is that the system can use some fine-tuning. The idea behind the system is brilliant though.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    yes i get there need to be some sort of silence for spammers but this is the second time in 48 hours. and if you're level 60

but im not even gonna bother anymore i wish you all the best. But im done with cryptic atm:rolleyes:

Cheers for the reply's glad im not the only one thinking the system is stupid.!

I bet you won't quit
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The CO and STO players warned you this horror was coming. OH HOW YOU LAUGHED! Next time we try and warn you TAKE HEED ! and trust me there is far far FAR worse things hiding in the shadows.
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Welcome to CO...er, STO...er, NW, where the player run Mafia can 24 hour chat ban you whenever they feel like without any punishment whatsoever.

Isn't it an amazing and well thought out system?
  • frozentreatsfrozentreats Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The zonechat is dark, and full of terrors.
  • blupa2010blupa2010 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't pay attention to chat better to join a really big guild that you can find groups in.
    ~ Neverwinter Fan Site~ Builds-Guides+More!!
    edited May 2013
    dont bet you wil lose alot of money:cool:
    and yes im done for now atm. wil be picking up my lol atleast there cases wil get reviewd.
    and im olmost fully t2 geared so there is nothing for me to do right now maybe new content wil check it out but it's like gw2 end game just blows.
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    somebob wrote: »
    Welcome to CO...er, STO...er, NW, where the player run Mafia can 24 hour chat ban you whenever they feel like without any punishment whatsoever.

Isn't it an amazing and well thought out system?

Actually, it is. I've played CO and STO since they launched and never witnessed this Mafia. They may exist, but they have far less impact than you are pretending.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

The no queue system, or barely working system, is a big problem and hopefully all the LFG/LFM spam will decline once it starts working properly. Although I half expect the queue isn't working because everyone is spamming in /zone instead of joining the queue.. hehe.
    edited May 2013
    ye but the problem with the queue is there is no role you can choose so you end up with like 4 rogues and wiz try and clear a t2 then;)
    dont get me wrong i kinda liked the game huge D&D fan but there are some serius flaws wat in my oppinion is alpha stuff.
    edited May 2013
    Honestly, PE zone-chat is filled with stuff that *someone* is likely to find worthy of /ignore. Multiply that by the thousands of people seeing it, and it's probably remarkably easy to earn a chat-ban there.

If you must say something there, you'd better be hyper-vigilant about it.
  • chasecanischasecanis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There isnt a mafia of people iggy-ing people for FUN.
    What there IS, is a bunch of young punks saying stupid/rude/annoying <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for FUN.

I agree that some offenses are worse than others though so i propose:
    make a pop-up window: "why are you ignoring this person?" then give six button options:

Spamming Harassment Gold Selling Immaturity Racism/Sexism Other/Personal

Then, you can decide how many iggys someone should need before a silence.

Easy peasy!
    edited May 2013
    chasecanis wrote: »
    There isnt a mafia of people iggy-ing people for FUN.
    What there IS, is a bunch of young punks saying stupid/rude/annoying <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for FUN.

I agree that some offenses are worse than others though so i propose:
    make a pop-up window: "why are you ignoring this person?" then give six button options:

Spamming Harassment Gold Selling Immaturity Racism/Sexism Other/Personal

Then, you can decide how many iggys someone should need before a silence.

Easy peasy!

good idea..
  • sepheresephere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ooh, so gold sellers get automatically silenced if enough people ignore them? That's awesome

They really could use a 'looking for group' chat, for the op's problem, though
    edited May 2013
    So im a little punk that says nasty wurds? O_o'

Clearly people are ingoring for no reason if you like say 2 things in 15 min hardly wurd a silence for 24 hours.
    and yes there should be a button like that. but watever im done with this treath i know i dident do anything wrong

Hey its my b-day im not gonna bother have fun playing guys. i know i wont:)