test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

This game's Fatal Flaw

xeoneexxeoneex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 15 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Reporting someone as spam.... This is going to DESTROY this game. Was having an interesting discussion in a zone, now I can't talk for 24 ****ing hours because someone uptight little **** reported me as spam. Cryptic get your ****ing **** together before making this game official.
Post edited by xeoneex on

Comments

• Options
    shadeypwnzshadeypwnz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    I am 99% certain that no game has ever autoblocked someone from chatting for 1 single report. Chances are you were upsetting a lot of people, and considering the language in your post I wouldn't be surprised if more than 1 person reported you.
  • Options
    xaazxxaazx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    xeoneex wrote: »
    Reporting someone as spam.... This is going to DESTROY this game. Was having an interesting discussion in a zone, now I can't talk for 24 ****ing hours because someone uptight little **** reported me as spam. Cryptic get your ****ing **** together before making this game official.

I HIGHLY doubt it was one or even a few ppl that reported you. Most likely you were spamming and being annoying and multiple users if not a slew of users reported you as spam. Don't be a idiot and you won't have a problem. I can already tell by your post alone that you can't control yourself.
  • Options
    riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Judging from this post, I'd say the system did the right thing.

What's your IGN so I can add you to my ignore list?
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

It's pretty clear what your fatal flaw is, however, that mostly certainly is near if not the bottom of this game's fatal flaw
  • Options
    someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The funny part is the people spamming LFG for group. I'd bet a good percentage of them are getting chat bans as well, I know every day so far I've blocked at least 5 or 6 people that seem to think spamming 5 lines after one another is a good plan.
  • Options
    thedrakkosthedrakkos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 228 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So many problems with this game, and this is what you're upset about?

Takes all kinds, I suppose.
    Looking for a mature guild to play with?

www.guildmedieval.com

Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.
  • Options
    quickness87quickness87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    woah, haha. Apply water to burn area OP.
  • Options
    stavarousstavarous Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Reporting someone for spam is a flaw? I highly doubt it, since CO and STO have this exact same feature.
  • Options
    arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If you think you were wrongfully banned, then you should open a GM ticket and report that. I'm sure if they find out that some people abused the Report Spam feature, they will be the ones to get banned right after!

Because Report Spam is needed! Without this, there is no quick and easy way to report Gold Seller spammers! I dunno what my Ignore List limit is, but I can't just go ignoring every single Gold Spammer! I'm gonna run out, and not only that, but how will the devs know what to add in their spam filter? I want gold spammers to have a hard and difficult time advertising their webpages!!! I want gold spammers to start spamming stuff like \/\/ww.() |\/|GAFAKES|TE . (oM just so people can't read what they are writing and never visit it!!! LOL!
  • Options
    xeoneexxeoneex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So an in game discussion warrants ppl to report spam? I was NOT spamming. Apparently too many people disagree whatever the world is obvoiusly against me in this one.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Well, if your "discussion" included language anything at all like your thread post above, then I concur: IT IS SPAM and you SHOULD BE GAGGED for a day.

Not trolling. I'm absolutely serious.

NOW, if I am mistaken and your "discussion" was not as profane as your forum post, then my sympathies. But it's just a day. Deal with it like an adult.
  • Options
    articulatefoolarticulatefool Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Obviously your discussion irritated many people to have them all report you.

Why couldn't you take your discussion to whispers or a part chat?
  • Options
    muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I doubt anyone reported you for spam, it's just that a few people put you on ignore (or whatever it's called in this game). If so many people do it in a short period of time, you get chat banned for a bit. Here's a Pro Tip...if you want to have a conversation with someone, move it to tells/whispers. More likely than not, no one else want's to be part of it. It's like people having phone conversations in line at the store...it's rude.
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I would have just cast "Ignore Person" on you.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    All of this is irrelevant to the fact they used a feature wrongly. It doesn't matter what my discussion consisted of. I wasn't "spamming" anything but engaging in a realistic talk about things and things. I wasn't spamming for looking for a group, I wasn't openly cursing people, I was engaged in an interesting conversation. People jumping me on this thread have no right to say or do anything against me. The system was abused, that is all there is to it.
  • Options
    wolfzilvawolfzilva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 167
    edited May 2013
    All of this is irrelevant to the fact they used a feature wrongly. It doesn't matter what my discussion consisted of. I wasn't "spamming" anything but engaging in a realistic talk about things and things. I wasn't spamming for looking for a group, I wasn't openly cursing people, I was engaged in an interesting conversation. People jumping me on this thread have no right to say or do anything against me. The system was abused, that is all there is to it.

Well if your using zone to carry a conversation can be considered spam too since you could have moved the conversation into a party chat or made your own channel. Not that i would personally care.
  • Options
    muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Interesting to whom? Evidently not everyone. Good rule to live by, if you are having a conversation with one other person, take it to tells, because I can guarantee 99% of the other people in a zone don't think your conversation is interesting. You want to discuss a topic, make a channel, and go there; everyone will be happier. Contrary to popular belief, zone wide and world wide chat aren't there to be used as your personal soap box or stage. Consider it a life lesson, and move along.
  • Options
    hocofaisanhocofaisan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 190 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The system works imo.

No one I know has been banned, and those who come tothe forums ti lament the system relky come across as the type of people the system was created to sence.

Kudos Cryptic on a great system.
    POSITIVE ABOUT CO IN 2013!
  • Options
    mok33mok33 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »
    Judging from this post, I'd say the system did the right thing.

What's your IGN so I can add you to my ignore list?
    I lol'ed..
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Oh yeah if you where defensively argueing with people as the above paragraph implies.... I can see why a number of people put you on ignore in a short period of time. That action by a number of people would have triggered a 24 chat ban.

Trust me if you had been carrying on like this paragraph does in chat I would have ignored you.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    madmike82508madmike82508 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Regardless how rude the Op is or how he may have come accross, there is a filter and there is ignore nobody SHOULD EVER BE BANNED from chat. Those two ways right there give any person a way to ignore anything someone has to say, even bots.
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ignore contributes to someone being chat banned, it's easily used to grief people, and on STO and CO it's the subject of a lot of complaints.

While some people may certainly deserve it, the system is inherently flawed.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Regardless how rude the Op is or how he may have come accross, there is a filter and there is ignore nobody SHOULD EVER BE BANNED from chat. Those two ways right there give any person a way to ignore anything someone has to say, even bots.

If enough people all ignore a user within a short period of time that user gets an automatic 24 hour chat ban. Like it or not this feature is in all Cryptic Games.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hocofaisan wrote: »
    No one I know has been banned

LOL. Could you tell your @name and server so that we can change that?
  • Options
    madmike82508madmike82508 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If enough people all ignore a user within a short period of time that user gets an automatic 24 hour chat ban. Like it or not this feature is in all Cryptic Games.

Well never knew that, then i guess if you dont want 24 hour ban dont <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> people off lol. Seriously though it has to take a lot of people ignoring you to get the ban either way its 24 hours raging about it like you did, i would ignore the OP.
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It doesn't take a lot. On CO, someone got chat banned because a few other people thought she was Brazilian. Folks have used ignore to shut down people running public events or running costume contests, or who have competing prices for rare goods.

Note that the chat ban prevents you from sending mail, talking on zone, talking on guildchat, sending any tells... it's a sweeping blackout.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    It doesn't take a lot. On CO, someone got chat banned because a few other people thought she was Brazilian. Folks have used ignore to shut down people running public events or running costume contests, or who have competing prices for rare goods.

Note that the chat ban prevents you from sending mail, talking on zone, talking on guildchat, sending any tells... it's a sweeping blackout.

This is exactly why this system is horribly flawed. As I said, it's irrelevant what I said, and I wasn't causing a disturbance. I didn't even initiate the conversation. I merely joined in with my own views, I wasn't bashing anyone. But 24 hours of inability to talk to anyone at all, explain why I can't talk to anyone, or communicate in groups is a very very VERY bad system and will break this game horribly.

As to those jumping me for no particular reason than to troll me and ridicule me. Quite online bullying please. No one is impressed.
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think this tool should be in game, it's a ridiculous method of allowing groups of people to grief each other.

/ignore is your friend
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    What alot of you posting on this thread fail to realize about my post, is the fact that someone else is in control where that type of control is unwarranted. When someone feels they can control someone, they can and will abuse it. You know what will happen now because of this? I will refuse to join in any conversations in zone chat simply because I'm afraid it may upset enough people so that they feel compelled to chat ban me for 24 hours. And to those few who originally jumped me at the beginning of my post, those are the types of people that would overly abuse the system just to get at someone. This isn't right in any way shape or form. No one person should have that kind of control over another. Especially in a video game.
  • Options
    borneolborneol Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Having the community do a job that otherwise would require hiring people saves them a lot of money. Better get used to it, exploits and all.