test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

out leveling skirmish and dungeons

fawcettpfawcettp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in PvE Discussion
not sure if this has happened to many others but its happened to me recently while i was doing the daily quests. the issue is that while i was running the first of the daily skirmishes i leveled and now it won't show up as available, so i can't finish the quest.

i know about the max level capping they have but i would think that if its for a quest you should still be able to enter into the dungeon and skirmishes.

anyone else had this issue?
Post edited by fawcettp on

Comments

• tgnetblaisetgnetblaise Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah same here...I do all the events when they come up and the dailys so I always out lvl the zone. Plus I do alot of dungeon runs
  • fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dungeons you can enter just by going to the dungeon portal, but with skirmishes you can't. They seriously need to fix this, basicly most of the skirmishes don't get seen. There's a lot of content being wasted here...

They really need to either fix it so you can solo skirmishes at a higher level or add a feature similar to in STO where you can redo old content at any time.
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Too easy to out level them during regular questing. i passed most of them when the queues just wouldn't pop, and didn't want to sit around doing anything for hours. At least the quests don't really seem to matter, the dungeons are pretty much the same in epic, and all dungeons seem to have an epic version. Skirmishes on the other hand, i missed out on most of those, and there is no way to do them at cap. :\ They need to have some way to do more of them at cap, there is only one i know of there. :\
  • fawcettpfawcettp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so i guess i will just have to drop the daily quest T_T
  • charezoncharezon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fawcettp wrote: »
    so i guess i will just have to drop the daily quest T_T

I ran into the exact same problem, was rather disappointed :(
    Wizard.jpg
  • toadoflickingtoadoflicking Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It does kind of suck. Just like the OP, I was working on the daily Skirmish quest, which required two run-throughs of the Straight to Helm skirmish. While finishing the first run, I leveled up, and the skirmish was no longer available.
  • chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've run into this problem. I think this affects achievements, but I'm not sure. You can do dungeons later but not skirmishes. This needs to be fixed somehow.
  • monarrchmonarrch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This is a huge issue that has plagued me too. Actually I had the daily to do a skirmish twice. I did it the first time and leveled and then the darn thing wasn't available anymore. Ticked me off. They need to make all dungeons and skirmishes that you qualify for or already have completed in the queue list.
    edited May 2013
    i personally think that a level buy system would work, so you have to earn the exp but you spend it on leveling and what not. but hey thats me, just wish they could fix it so if it an active quest you can still run it.
  • cmiddlebrookcmiddlebrook Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Could they not just add a version that scales in level like the foundry quests?
  • svenvolfeid7227svenvolfeid7227 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They should just do what GW2 does, lets you do any dungeon or skirmish regardless of level but either scale the dungeon or skirmish up, or scale us down to the appropriate level.
  • paignio328paignio328 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they should implement an option to turn off xp like in vanguard saga of heroes:) that way anyone can join dungeons and skirmishes with friends or players who are lower or at the designated dungeon/skirmish level.
    250px-Mithril-hall.jpg

Mithral Hall is recruiting
  • nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They could maybe add a mentoring system a la Rift, where you can choose to downlevel yourself to do earlier content
  • chonir01chonir01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    They need to add functionality to the Skirmish missions the same way Foundry currently works ... ie they scale to level !!

I've seen Two skirmish missions, the first and the last. All the others I missed due to leveling away. Its a shame b/c its content I think I would really enjoy, and although the last Skirmish mission is pretty freaking awesome (that Beholder rocks!) I'd like to have a crack at the others for the daily, on level of course.

Scale those bad-boys up and let us run skirmish missions @60. Hell you could even expand it with "epic" versions of them for more fun times. Seems such a waste to have worked on content that many people just wont get to enjoy.
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i hate when i "accidently" outlevel a dungeon before i could do it - happend once so far and I HATE missing content...thats why i dot the skirmishes and dailies right at the beginning. What they should do is always show you the appropriate skirmish/dungeon for your level AND the ones that are tied to the specific region youre in. If youre participating in a skirmish/dungeon for which your level is too high, you should simply get downscaled...
  • clansman2013clansman2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Scaling skirmishes would be awesome, there are a lot of cool lower level skirmishes out there and it sucks as you only get to do them once, maybe twice before you outlevel them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this would also solve the problem of not finding people to do them in a zone
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    paignio328 wrote: »
    they should implement an option to turn off xp like in vanguard saga of heroes:) that way anyone can join dungeons and skirmishes with friends or players who are lower or at the designated dungeon/skirmish level.

So people could lock themselves at level 19, 29, 39, 49 and 59, twink themselves out and ruin PvP?

No thanks.
  • centaurmaidencentaurmaiden Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just started this game and already out-leveled my first skirmish. It would be nice if you could level adjust characters to enter a missed skirmish....give it a thought...thanks.
  • dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fotzik wrote: »
    Dungeons you can enter just by going to the dungeon portal, but with skirmishes you can't. They seriously need to fix this, basicly most of the skirmishes don't get seen. There's a lot of content being wasted here...

They really need to either fix it so you can solo skirmishes at a higher level or add a feature similar to in STO where you can redo old content at any time.

Not 60 yet so I don't know if they might not do this already, but the dungeons should all have a lvl 60 epic version, so you can play any you may have missed in epic form. Similarly the skirmishes should all have a lvl 60 queue. Just suggestions if they aren't already implemented.
    edited May 2013
    Interesting ideas but rather than scaling the skirmishes, only have a few of each, by this I mean having the sane dungeons and skirmishes at every 10 levels or so so you can still fight through and when entering you are just put in you correct lv bracket
  • iaianiaian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm adding my two cents to this topic since I discovered that I out-leveled the Blacklake Terror skirmish. Whether it's level-scaling, or just taking away the rewards for high-level players wanting to solo a skirmish, something needs to be done about this. There is no excuse for being locked out of content, or punishing players for leveling.
  • mephestozmephestoz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a similar concern as everyone else posting here. I will see the dungeon available for my level, but I am the lowest level possible to enter. As a tank I don't want to be lower level than the mobs I am fighting, so I wait to que for the dungeon when I am at the same level as the mobs I am fighting.
    If the dungeon is 34-36....I want to que for it when I am 36, so that I can be a better tank for random groups that may not be as prepared as a premade. Every time I hit the right level for the dungeon.... it only lets me que for a higher dungeon that I am 2 levels lower than the mobs. This drives me nuts. I should be able to que for the one I am on the higher end, but still appropriate level for!
  • kromzorkromzor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, it sucks. Especially since the level ranges for content are so tight. Not to mention later on it asks you to complete them 2, even 3 times. It might even go higher, i'm only lv 42 atm.
  • kromzorkromzor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL oh wow. So I leveled while finishing my 3rd Pit Fight Skirm for the daily.

This put me in a new tier. So now I can't turn it in, and the game is telling me to go run Garrundar the Vile 3 times for the daily now....
  • jcrudgejcrudge Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm finding this somewhat frustrating as well. The weird thing is the queue system in STO is somewhat similar yet lets you queue for any previous content.

why they couldn't implement that in Neverwinter I have no idea. You'd just need to auto exemplar people to the max level of the dungeon/skirmish they're running if over the max level.
  • teepussiteepussi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes they need to give more flexibility to leveling range you can enter the dungeon / skirmishes while leveling. The first instance Cloak tower is good example of instance that has wide level range, after that it starts to get worse. Lair of the mad dragon is worst case example of instance that simply wont allow you to complete it, assuming you first clear the area to get the quest for the instance, your usually nearly over the level range to enter the instance and like 1 failed run, your out of trying again.
  • holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's ****ing rediculous. I keep missing out on Daily quests, and I have even missed skirmishes all together.
  • griffin230griffin230 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 88
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, the level ranges of the skirmishes gets silly later on. I was merely 1 level above the level 47 Storm Front and was locked out from it. Even the Neverwinter wiki wasn't sure what the max limit was. It would help if it actually specifies the level ranges in the queuing system.
  • cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    got 2 skirmishes done for daily and decided to do 2 PvP left to do, imagine my face when I leveled up after PvP and couldn't do 3rd skirmish.
    Devs need to look into that