test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Account Temporarily Suspended?

maganahomaganaho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So yeah, I just tried to log into the game and I'm getting 'Account Temporarily Suspended' for some unknown reason. I've barely even played the game and sure as heck didn't do anything to violate the TOS. Been a member here at PWE since the birth of the company and I do mean a paying member at that. I would think they would at least tell me after all of these years and the hundreds of dollars I've put in to support them as to why I've suddenly been suspended from one of their games. This would actually be the first time I've had such problems, so I'm pretty confused and disappointed that no one even gave me the decency of telling me why I've been punished for something. I'm curious tho, did anyone else get randomly suspended today/yesterday? I feel that this could very well be a mistake.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thisdaysdemisethisdaysdemise Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In other words, you were probably killing some poor ogres in the Foundry over the weekend?
  • maganahomaganaho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14
    edited May 2013
    In other words, you were probably killing some poor ogres in the Foundry over the weekend?

I've got a lv20 and a lv30. I did every single foundry mission in 'best' and was not aware that I would be punished for playing someones mission. The only Ogre missions I ran into were not exploits. I had to actually fight them off in a normal map while dodging for my life. I've got a Rogue and a Guardian, so there is no possible way that I was doing one of the exploits like the Ogres in a hole that was in fact an exploit. There is literally no way I could have abused those maps. If PWE is suspending players for killing Ogres in a normal map, that's beyond insane and ridiculous. I played the game like I was told I could play it.
  • dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love these posts...

"I got banned and don't know why!??!"

Of course you do, You just don't want to admit it on the forums that you used the foundry exploit or the share quest exploit to gain levels.
    edited May 2013
    dtrain69 wrote: »
    I love these posts...

Of course you do, You just don't want to admit it on the forums that you used the foundry exploit or the share quest exploit to gain levels.

Oh yeah, my lv20 and lv30 were totally exploiting by doing the foundry quests that were listed as 'best'. Surely it is my fault for trying to do user generated content, which was the main feature of the game. You do realize how much of a scumbag you sound like when you say that people should get suspended for simply playing the game, right? No one told me I couldn't play foundry missions. I shouldn't have to be at risk of being suspended for playing the game. I also suggest you learn the definition of exploit before you throw it around like a child.
  • thisdaysdemisethisdaysdemise Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well to be honest, they've been extremely unclear (at least on the forums) about what constituted an exploit or not. Last week a mod stated that as long as the map didn't contain mobs being trapped/walled in, and could fight back, it was kosher. Today they're saying that no, that's actually not allowed, because the map can't JUST be an XP farm - even if it's one where the mobs can kill you.
  • screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    dtrain69 wrote: »
    I love these posts...

It's only an "exploit" when you don't pay money to basically do the same thing amirite?
    edited May 2013
    Well to be honest, they've been extremely unclear (at least on the forums) about what constituted an exploit or not. Last week a mod stated that as long as the map didn't contain mobs being trapped/walled in, and could fight back, it was kosher. Today they're saying that no, that's actually not allowed, because the map can't JUST be an XP farm - even if it's one where the mobs can kill you.

So they are going to ban accounts that have ran into xp based foundry missions before they even said they weren't allowed? That sure does sound like great PR as soon as the gaming media gets a hold of that bit of information. Sounds like SWG all over again.
    edited May 2013
    Seriously tho, is PW banning players for simply playing the game? You all do realize that none of us violated the TOS in any way if we were just playing on the foundry, which they never said we couldn't do, correct? The fact that they JUST now said we can't and yet are banning players who have played on any foundry mission within the last few days that had no story is ridiculous.
  • shado152shado152 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maganaho wrote: »
    So they are going to ban accounts that have ran into xp based foundry missions before they even said they weren't allowed? That sure does sound like great PR as soon as the gaming media gets a hold of that bit of information. Sounds like SWG all over again.

Why dont you take this argument over to the RaiderZ forums where weve been complaining for about 2 weeks about them re selling founders packs explicitely after saying they would never sell again and see how many FKs PWE gives?
    Beta Testing Pending
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deathknightx1082deathknightx1082 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just stop playing the foundry missions to be safe, they will end up shooting them selves in the foot in the long run because people will shy away from the foundry in fear of getting ban.
  • direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You sure you weren't maybe hacked? Companies tend to suspend accounts when hacking activity is detected. I'd contact customer service ASAP. Sorry to hear about your suspension.

Either way they really need to tell people why they are suspended, regardless of the reason. that's just common courtesy. And exploit or not, suspending people for simply doing what is listed in the Foundry is not cool.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
    edited May 2013
    Just stop playing the foundry missions to be safe, they will end up shooting them selves in the foot in the long run because people will shy away from the foundry in fear of getting ban.

The thing is, they said they are now banning people which they originally said would be ok, which prior to that, there was nothing about possible bans for foundry missions in place. They are banning people for literally doing nothing wrong.
    edited May 2013
    direcrow wrote: »
    You sure you weren't maybe hacked? Companies tend to suspend accounts when hacking activity is detected. I'd contact customer service ASAP. Sorry to hear about your suspension.

I hope not... I've put a lot of money into this account. It's not my original, but surely the one I've put the most time and money into. I guess I should do a password reset to be safe. I contacted support, but I hear they never get back to people... So I guess we shall see what happens.
  • v1ctor2kv1ctor2k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not saying the OP is wrong but if history teaches us anything it's that the large majority of people getting banned in MMOs deserve it. I remember how Arena Net handed out mass bans in GW2 to people who were rude in chat. They even went so far and told everyone why the were banned on reddit for everyone to read...
    edited May 2013
    v1ctor2k wrote: »
    I'm not saying the OP is wrong but if history teaches us anything it's that the large majority of people getting banned in MMOs deserve it. I remember how Arena Net handed out mass bans in GW2 to people who were rude in chat. They even went so far and told everyone why the were banned on reddit for everyone to read...

SOE banned thousands of players within Star Wars Galaxies for being given false gold by hackers. In other words, a few people made fake gold which they purposely gave away to other players, which circulated through the game and ended up with a vast number of players getting banned. Explain how that is right.
  • boostersauceboostersauce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ahh well the game was fun while it lasted. If the ban hammer comes down hard at least PWE made a quick dollar or two. Way to ruin a well known franchise.
  • faiteaccompliifaiteaccomplii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    I went in that ogre thing once, died like 4 x got a bunch of exp and ran out, heck I did not even realize what was going on lol. I think they probably punished people who gained way too many levels in there. I KNEW it was wrong...I was thinking "What the heck? How can this be fun? And ran out.
  • faiteaccompliifaiteaccomplii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    I could not even figure out what happened and there was no option to rate the thing or I'd have said 'This is stupid'. I never got my treasure chest even.
  • xraxisxraxis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You guys seem to do a lot of speculating that it has something to do with the Foundry, when the guy doesn't even know why he got suspended. I am certain that they won't ban anyone for using the foundry to power level, at worst I think they would just roll back the servers/ roll back xp for people who power leveled through foundry (Which I doubt they will do either).
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    You will need to contact Support.

No representing banned members.

Don't represent any banned individuals. They were banned for a reason. Assisting them in any way or form will lump you in the same boat. This includes posting from your alt to ask about one of your own characters being banned from the forums.

Forum Bans.
    If your forum account is banned for a violation, it is not allowed to continue posting on an alternate forum account for the duration of said ban. Doing so will be considered ban evasion, and the original ban will may be extended in response. In severe cases, your in-game account may be suspended as well.

This discussion has been closed.