test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Newest Patch: FAIL

areefursonareefurson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Went into PvP. Against the (overpowered) rogues I can at least hold out a while as a Control Mage. Long enough for either aid or the others to take the point. However now the rogues teleport with me, thier knife throws never EVER miss and their attacks deal 30% more damage than before.

No it wasn't 1 rogue with awesome gear. all of them. Instead of buffing other classes this fix buffed a class already CLEARLY more powerful in pvp.
Post edited by areefurson on

Comments

• mattkrueg1mattkrueg1 Member Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    lol
    /10charactersheets
    TEMPUS
  • daradaldaradal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If thats true that is pretty funny, they must really like rogues....
  • blindprophetblindprophet Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    areefurson wrote: »
    Went into PvP. Against the (overpowered) rogues I can at least hold out a while as a Control Mage. Long enough for either aid or the others to take the point. However now the rogues teleport with me, thier knife throws never EVER miss and their attacks deal 30% more damage than before.

No it wasn't 1 rogue with awesome gear. all of them. Instead of buffing other classes this fix buffed a class already CLEARLY more powerful in pvp.

EXTRA! EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT!

The only Single Target DPS class does great Single Target DPS and kills single targets.
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    EXTRA! EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT!

The only Single Target DPS class does great Single Target DPS and kills single targets.

No barb against the OP, but I thought ^this was really funny.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xrequiemxxrequiemx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    No barb against the OP, but I thought ^this was really funny.

I'm with you. I rarely EVER comment but if something cracks me up I have to jump in with a "Well played".

That said if it is Single Target DPS is really that awesome then PVP will always struggle if one of the metrics to base victory upon kills/deaths. There's no way to address that unless you change the fundamentals of the PVP itself. (all these statements are based upon 'if's'. I have not played PVP)

All that said the important thing here is that the above above comment made me chuckle out loud. Well done.
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mattkrueg1 wrote: »
    lol
    /10charactersheets

Character sheets? What is a character sheet? I thought it was /10char, as in 10 characters. Characters being letters.
  • grtaylorgrtaylor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    areefurson wrote: »

Maybe I missed it in the notes or something but I don't find anything in the notes saying anything about any class buffs/nerfs. If they did do something it would be nice to be able to see what they did.
  • cookjkcookjk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    Really I have pvp'd and not one class can beat me 1v1 not even close yet I hear mine is the worst class to play...Interesting how these forums are but who cares about PvP in a D&D game that isn't actually suppose to be a MMO. Play a good campaign don't worry about PvP balance. That is all for fun and max level isn't nothing in this game so who really cares?
  • quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    make up more stuff please. I like how rogues get hate targetted. Its laughable Like when everyone blamed the rogues for smokebomb when the DC only worked if it was followed up by a Wiz who decided to choke. So the wiz was actually creating the DC but the poor rogue using his only decent cc was being spammed with hate all over the games and forums. If the one class who does wear heavy armor has no heals the least cc and least cc escapes is doing the bests single target dmg, then stfu and deal.
  • trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't play a rogue in this game. So feel free to nerf them into oblivion. I really don't care one way or another.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    A Striker's whole purpose is to 'Kill that thing dead'. Its what they are designed for. Its their role, they do it well.
    A Defender is there to keep the bad things away from the squishies and soak up damage. Funny thing is I've seen Guardian fighters just stand there pretty much and tie a rogue up for quite some time while me and my friend got over there.
    A Leader (healers) are there to heal/buff/support the party. They do this well. Notice I said party.
    The Controler class is there to control the battlefield. What do they do? Oh yeah, control the battlefield. Very effectively I might add.

That covers the roles that all the classes fit into. GWF's are defenders, done really oddly (to me) and I haven't seen or played enough to pass judgment. But those are the roles of 4th ed which Neverwinter is.

Now as a -INSERT NON STRIKER ROLE HERE- are you supposed to be able to win vs a Striker in a 1v1? The answer is...No not really. Can you? Sure that's a possibility. Play your cards right, have the right set up, your opponent is less skilled anything can happen.

But why is this the case? Well the striker has one job and one job only....Stab the ever living hell out of something until it is dead. A striker is there to eliminate the hell out of something. Every other class has a job to do other than damage. Every class has damage, and does damage, but only the TR rogue (THE ONLY STRIKER) has a role that focuses on doing damage to a singular target.

PVP wise? In a perfect world your CW is controlling their party so that their rogue is isolated. Your rogue should be killing the hell out of their rogue, then their healer, then their CW. Your Cleric should be keeping everyone alive. Your GF should be trying to keep everyones attention.

IF you're trying to fight the class that goes 'That guy, the one over there...I'm going to <censored>' with a class that is not that...well then you're going to have a bad time. Till you realize your job as any class other than the TR is not to 1v1 people you're going to have a bad time. The CW, GF, GWF, DC are not there for singling someone out and killing the hell out of them. They can do that in some regards, but that is not what they are designed to do. The TR is.
  • sgceosgceo Member Posts: 10
    edited May 2013
    At lvl 50 my Cleric can hold the capture point against 2 rogues + 1 GF with Astral Shield + Hollow Ground. So the saying that Rogue is overpowered is only true at earlier levels (or at level 60 when some of them are able to get epic armor/weapon + enchantment).
  • arrauiarraui Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I never can do squad, my char only hears, clucnk, clunk, clunk sound of disabled skills, with some luck in PvP i can give one or two hits, and then its back too that clunk, clunck clunck sound and chained up skills..

My char seems too have a skill that i cannot be disabled, only time i can use it, is once in the beginning of a fight when it still charged up, then i never can charge it up again, since i need too fight too charge it, but alas, the clunck, clucnk, clunck and chained up skills means, i cant fight just stand there look stoopid doing nothing waiting to have my skills unchained again, and as soon its finnally back, it get disabled again, and its back in the waiting game.

Lately i only see CW's and TR in pvp battles, any other class well.. they just there as .. well ermm.. why they even there.
    Its pretty annoying too be nearly perma disabled in any fight you'r in.

But beeing nearly perma disabled means for most here that i lack skill, not that things are a tat unbalanced, no that cant be the case, ofc not.
  • archaicsealarchaicseal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PvP in this MMO is a joke. It's worthless and meaningless. The only reason to PvP is to complete your daily for the AD. At least half the time you die, its to a rogue. Moreover, 1 out of every 3 games you have someone afk on your team or outright disconnect. PvP rewards are meaningless at end game as well.

I simply go into PvP to get my AD and thats it.

And while we are discussing this, honestly, everything in this MMO is done just about wrong. Very poor thinking and planning behind it. The only redeeming factor is the dynamic combat system. Hell, I love the dragon fight, but come on, the dragon is not the boss of that fight, the insane adds are (as with 95% of every boss fight in NWO). Not to even mention the difficulty shock of that encounter to casual players: one minute you are easily breezing along every zone and respective dungeon and then suddenly there is the mad dragon.

Lets not even get started on how the game is a heavily masked pay to win system. 1000 zen to get top enchants for each armor/weapon slot?! Thats around 100+ dollars to max one toon! And then you go look at how much AD you would have to spend and its around 4 million plus. Try grinding that out just for your max armor enchants.

My feeling is, the vast majority of peeps will play until another MMO comes out. I certainly will leave here for ESO if a lot of this isnt fixed or redone. Many will say, sarcasitcally: bye, dont come back. And then they will return to their empty server full of newbs tying the game out and a handful of the same old die hards.

I wanted to call this game my new MMO home so very badly, but seemingly it will just end up being another short journey in the realm of online gaming.
  • dboss777dboss777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    You must be awful, CW's are with out a doubt the strongest class in pvp. They should never lose to a rogue 1v1.
    edited May 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »
    Character sheets? What is a character sheet? I thought it was /10char, as in 10 characters. Characters being letters.

D&D game, character sheet. I know what /10char means, but I added a little tongue in cheek for my amusement.
    TEMPUS
  • showatt0016showatt0016 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow a Control Wizard complaining about rogue?

What is the world coming to?
    edited May 2013
    A Striker's whole purpose is to 'Kill that thing dead'. Its what they are designed for. Its their role, they do it well.
    A Defender is there to keep the bad things away from the squishies and soak up damage. Funny thing is I've seen Guardian fighters just stand there pretty much and tie a rogue up for quite some time while me and my friend got over there.
    A Leader (healers) are there to heal/buff/support the party. They do this well. Notice I said party.
    The Controler class is there to control the battlefield. What do they do? Oh yeah, control the battlefield. Very effectively I might add.

That covers the roles that all the classes fit into. GWF's are defenders, done really oddly (to me) and I haven't seen or played enough to pass judgment. But those are the roles of 4th ed which Neverwinter is.

Now as a -INSERT NON STRIKER ROLE HERE- are you supposed to be able to win vs a Striker in a 1v1? The answer is...No not really. Can you? Sure that's a possibility. Play your cards right, have the right set up, your opponent is less skilled anything can happen.

But why is this the case? Well the striker has one job and one job only....Stab the ever living hell out of something until it is dead. A striker is there to eliminate the hell out of something. Every other class has a job to do other than damage. Every class has damage, and does damage, but only the TR rogue (THE ONLY STRIKER) has a role that focuses on doing damage to a singular target.

PVP wise? In a perfect world your CW is controlling their party so that their rogue is isolated. Your rogue should be killing the hell out of their rogue, then their healer, then their CW. Your Cleric should be keeping everyone alive. Your GF should be trying to keep everyones attention.

IF you're trying to fight the class that goes 'That guy, the one over there...I'm going to <censored>' with a class that is not that...well then you're going to have a bad time. Till you realize your job as any class other than the TR is not to 1v1 people you're going to have a bad time. The CW, GF, GWF, DC are not there for singling someone out and killing the hell out of them. They can do that in some regards, but that is not what they are designed to do. The TR is.

This post needs to be stickied in every subforum in bright red text. It explains everyone's role in pve and pvp. It won't stop the QQ, but it's spot on.
    TEMPUS
  • papi032papi032 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kernaugh wrote: »
    Most people that whine here see 90% of the battlegrounds ending with top rogue having 15-0. Your conclusion is obviously that rogues are top players and everybody that picked a different class is a moron. GL mate.

Who's post have you been reading?
  • korv0xkorv0x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mattkrueg1 wrote: »
    This post needs to be stickied in every subforum in bright red text. It explains everyone's role in pve and pvp. It won't stop the QQ, but it's spot on.

It is also worth mentioning that at max level, the GWF counters rogues really hard with their stuns and big burst encounters. In practice you want a gwf on the rogue cleaving their team and soaking damage while your defender is peeling and your rogue is on their cleric.
  • reskalreskal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really? I love fighting rogues on my guardian fighter. Easy kills.

The problem is when there is a control wizard controlling you while the rogue hits you. That gets ugly. As it should. The real problem is that teams are never really balanced. Seems like the team with more control wizards tends to win.
    edited May 2013
    korv0x wrote: »
    It is also worth mentioning that at max level, the GWF counters rogues really hard with their stuns and big burst encounters. In practice you want a gwf on the rogue cleaving their team and soaking damage while your defender is peeling and your rogue is on their cleric.

Yeah I honestly haven't played with enough GWF's or played them enough myself to have an idea of where ideally they sit and how they truly fit in.
  • ranthulranthul Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arraui wrote: »
    I never can do squad, my char only hears, clucnk, clunk, clunk sound of disabled skills, with some luck in PvP i can give one or two hits, and then its back too that clunk, clunck clunck sound and chained up skills..

My char seems too have a skill that i cannot be disabled, only time i can use it, is once in the beginning of a fight when it still charged up, then i never can charge it up again, since i need too fight too charge it, but alas, the clunck, clucnk, clunck and chained up skills means, i cant fight just stand there look stoopid doing nothing waiting to have my skills unchained again, and as soon its finnally back, it get disabled again, and its back in the waiting game.

Lately i only see CW's and TR in pvp battles, any other class well.. they just there as .. well ermm.. why they even there.
    Its pretty annoying too be nearly perma disabled in any fight you'r in.

But beeing nearly perma disabled means for most here that i lack skill, not that things are a tat unbalanced, no that cant be the case, ofc not.

If you don't see them coming, you have to be more observant. They can't touch you if you see them first. When you have locked skills, run! Don't stand and die. Use your dodge 2x toward a teammate. Then run until you get to them.

Not paying attention and standing in the same spot = death.
  • licourtrix1licourtrix1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 232 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    As a CW, and a fairly competent pvp'r i don't think rogue nerfs are necessary (although i once did). If a rogue ganks you, your dead 90% of the time, the way it should be. I've been taken out many times, but have also won more than my share of 1v1 against rogues. Pvp comes down to group coordination, not 1v1 battles.
    How much do clothes cost in the Matrix?
  • kittykaswickkittykaswick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kernaugh wrote: »
    Most people that whine here see 90% of the battlegrounds ending with top rogue having 15-0. Your conclusion is obviously that rogues are top players and everybody that picked a different class is a moron. GL mate.

that reads well in idea but go and start a new character roll into low lvl pvp when nobody has maxed out gear or lots of abilities and see who is on top..... yep you guessed it, rogues. I can go in on my lvl 15 rogue and get 20 kills easy a match, its not hard at all and there is nothing you can do to stop me. Lets roll forward to lvl 60 and its pretty much the same thing, it can be a mix up rogue cw sometimes but rogues are 90 percent of the time.

They need to implement diminishing returns and they need to implement some kind of gear score matching to the matches as they do in dungeons. Not even saying about players able to get up on rez spots and then bind camping them the while match. The pvp system is broke as hell and needs some serious work.
  • mennelonmennelon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    ranthul wrote: »
    If you don't see them coming, you have to be more observant. They can't touch you if you see them first. When you have locked skills, run! Don't stand and die. Use your dodge 2x toward a teammate. Then run until you get to them.

Not paying attention and standing in the same spot = death.
    Except you can't run as a gwf when you're skill locked, and you can't dodge. All you can do is walk. Slowly.
    edited May 2013
    that reads well in idea but go and start a new character roll into low lvl pvp when nobody has maxed out gear or lots of abilities and see who is on top..... yep you guessed it, rogues. I can go in on my lvl 15 rogue and get 20 kills easy a match, its not hard at all and there is nothing you can do to stop me. Lets roll forward to lvl 60 and its pretty much the same thing, it can be a mix up rogue cw sometimes but rogues are 90 percent of the time.

They need to implement diminishing returns and they need to implement some kind of gear score matching to the matches as they do in dungeons. Not even saying about players able to get up on rez spots and then bind camping them the while match. The pvp system is broke as hell and needs some serious work.

You're not asking the right questions. You're looking at the surface and making snap judgments without looking any deeper.

Why are rogues dominant?

If you bother to look at things for a moment its easy to see why. Neverwinter does not play like a traditional MMO. Playing Neverwinter's PVP like say...WoW's PVP is not a smart idea. Sadly, this is generally most people's approach to things, because they don't know any better.

PVP in Neverwinter revolves around the roles, and working as a party. Most people don't work as a party. This leads to people trying to 1v1 on their own little island. As explained, the striker role is the only one solely focused on single target dps. When people try to 1v1 constantly, that is what happens. The one who's actually designed to do single target dps tends to come out on top.

The problem is not "ROGUE OP". They're not. The problem is the game pretty much expects you to know how 4th ed D&D plays and what the roles are supposed to do. It does very little to nothing at all to explain what you should be doing, and what your class actually excels at/adds to a party. That is the issue with PVP. Not Rogues.
  • areefursonareefurson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow. Post something, go out, come back to 4 pages of MISSING THE SUBJECT.

Before the fix. I could hold my own. After the fix. Nope.

THAT was the point of this post.
  • crus08crus08 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So the patch made it better?

Or did you miss the point of the 4 pages?

I'm a Cleric, and I do rarely die to rogues if I can see them in time. If they catch me off guard so they can land the silence blow I might be dead. Tough luck, I deserve to die.
    /CruS
  • mickst3rmickst3r Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hahahaha since when did the last patch 'Buff' any class ??? The OP must be high or something...
    As a CW you should be able to CC the rogue easily enough for your team mates to come and kill him off, you don't really fight a rogue 1v1 as that is where the excel at... You (as a CW) excel at group fights, so if you are 1v1ing a Rogue solo then you are just asking to be killed.
    CW's are so OP in team fights, how can 1 person be able to Stun and Daze and Lock a whole group of people for so long ??? At max range as well then dealing tons of damage in the process... Now THAT is what you call OP.