test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Epic Armor & Weapon Enchantments

voidroninvoidronin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2014 in PvE Discussion
Epic Armor & Weapon Enchantments

These drop from the Epic dungeons. They drop as a Rare (Blue) Shard of _____. It takes four Shards of the same type to be combined as any other Enchantment to make a Lesser ____ Enchantment. You can then combine four of the "Lesser's" into a "Normal", then four "Normal's" into a "Greater". Each of these combines has a 1% chance of success. (So save your AD/ Zen for the Coalescent Ward, this ward guarantees a successful combine).

The Shards have a poor description: "This is an Enchantment shard. Combine 4 of them to create an Enchantment for your Armor or Weapon."

This does not seem to be the case. Both weapon and Armor enchants have a specific symbol that is shared with the shards. All Armor Enchants have a square outer boarder while all Weapon Enchants have a diamond boarder. Check the boarder of the shard and you can tell which enchant you will create.

The Shards do not give any idea on what their stats will be. So I have listed all of the ones I have found either personally or on the AH.

(The following stats are all for the "Lesser" versions. They do get better at each tier. I just have not been able to gather enough to make one yet. I seem to only get one per dungeon run and it is always random. There are a total of 13 different Shards... gonna take some time.)

Weapon Enchants
Lifedrinker: You deal an additional 4.4% of weapon damage as Necrotic damage with your powers, then heal yourself for that amount.

Flaming: You deal an additional 6% of weapon damage as Fire damage with your powers. Additionally you burn your foe for 2% of weapon damage as Fire damage every 1 seconds for 3 seconds. This effect stacks up to 3 times.

Frost: You deal an additional 5.5% of weapon damage as Cold damage with every swing and reduce your foe's Recovery by 13%. This lasts 4 seconds and cannot be applied more than once every 20 seconds.

Bilethorn: You deal an additional 3.8% of weapon damage as Poison damage with your powers. Your foe takes an additional 6.5% of weapon damage as Poison damage after 4 seconds.

Lightning: You deal an additional 10% of weapon damage as Lightning damage with every strike. This damage chains 0 times at a 50% chance for each chain,

Vorpal: You strike with an additional 12% Critical Severity. Critical Severity increases the damage your Critical strikes deal.

Holy Avenger: You deal an additional 9.4% of weapon damage as Radiant damage with your powers and have a 5% chance: on each swing to improve your allies damage resistance by 15% for 10 seconds. This effect can only activate every 60 seconds.

Armor Enchants
Bloodtheft: When below 50% health you have a 5% chance upon receiving damage to deal Necrotic damage to your attacker and heal yourself for that amount. This damage is based on your level. This damage can only occur once every 60 seconds.

Fireburst: When you receive damage you have a 5% chance to release a fireball at your attacker that explodes, damaging all foes near it for Fire damage. The damage of this fireball scales with your level. This effect can only occur once every 60 seconds.

Frostburn: On receiving damage you have a 5% chance to deal frost damage and reduce your attacker's Recovery by 15%. This damage scales with your level. This effect lasts 4 seconds and can only occur once every 60 seconds.

Briartwine: You reflect 2% of the damage dealt to you back to your attacker.

Thunderhead: When you receive a Critical Strike your armor has a 10%chance to deal Lightning damage and Stun nearby foes. This damage scales with your level. This effect can only occur once every 60 seconds.

Negation: When receiving damage you have a 5% chance to increase your damage resistance by 10% for 4 seconds. This can only occur once every 60 seconds.

Other Special Enchantments

Weapon Enchants
(Purple) Lesser Plague Fire: You deal an additional 3.5% of weapon damage as Fire damage with your powers. Additionally you burn your foe for 1.2% of weapon damage as Fire damage every 1 seconds for 3 seconds and induce terror in your foe, reducing their Defense by 5%. This effect stacks up to 3 times.
(This enchant comes from Lockboxes. There is a chance that is can also be a very rare drop.)

(Green)Brilliant Energy: You have a 30% chance to deal 12.5% of weapon damage as Radiant damage with every strike. This damage ignores half of the targets damage resistance. (This is the enchant that comes with the level 60 Delzoun Epic weapon from the Delzoun Epic chest as part of the Founders pack.)

"Normal" (second tier) Weapon Enchants

Note: This is a combination of 4 of the Lesser versions of the same enchantment. It also has a 1% chance of success.

Negation: When receiving damage you have a 10% chance to increase your damage resistance by 15% for 4 seconds. This can only occur once every 60 seconds.
Post edited by voidronin on

Comments

• Options
    forsakenlich1forsakenlich1 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how have i not seen any terror flame enchants in the market or on people? the tooltip on lockboxes says they can contain them

not one
  • Options
    voidroninvoidronin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I believe that the terror flame is the plague fire enchant, also most of the weapon enchants i have seen are the brilliant energy or the founders enchant from the first weapon they get.
    Note: Some of the enchants have very subdued glowy effects, like the negation armor glowy is a light blue pattern of runes that move all over the armor. It is really hard to see unless the wearer is standing in a dark area.
  • Options
    deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I put a vorpal on my weapon last night, didn't have time to actually check it, but it did NOT add to my crit severity on my character screen.
  • Options
    forsakenlich1forsakenlich1 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deistik wrote: »
    I put a vorpal on my weapon last night, didn't have time to actually check it, but it did NOT add to my crit severity on my character screen.

thats because you need to be cho'gath for it to work
  • Options
    someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Very good thread, I would suggest you all all this to the wiki and become the enchantment guy over there if you want to take the time, otherwise I'll be bookmarking this anyways. I was wondering what armor enchants there are!
  • Options
    soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here's one for the list that isn't there:

Armor Enchantment:
    Lesser Soulforged Enchantment: When below 25% health, upon receiving damage you become immune to all damage for 2 seconds. This effect can only trigger once every 60 seconds.

I wonder what the Greater version of this would be like, probably a 6-8 seconds immunity which would be amazing in pvp.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    That looks like a special enchantment; do you know where it comes from?

I Will also add the founder enchantment next time i log in.
  • Options
    deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Soulforged is what our CW uses lol

It's from regular blue shards... somewhere.
  • Options
    someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here's one for the list that isn't there:

Armor Enchantment:
    Lesser Soulforged Enchantment: When below 25% health, upon receiving damage you become immune to all damage for 2 seconds. This effect can only trigger once every 60 seconds.

I wonder what the Greater version of this would be like, probably a 6-8 seconds immunity which would be amazing in pvp.

Or it might reduce the cooldown, or increase the minimum health bar perhaps. One can hope it has a slight variation aside from raw timing.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Updated the list:

Added Bilethorn weapon enchant

Also it looks like the founder enchants are normal offense/ defense slots not weapon/ armor specific. I also still have not found the soulfourged enchant or shard. If anyone has one please post the stats and i will update the main post.
  • Options
    mkretributionmkretribution Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys im a level 60 GWF. What would be the best possible enchant for my weapon ?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Guys im a level 60 GWF. What would be the best possible enchant for my weapon ?

plaguefire with stacking teneberous enchants. lightning might be good but you need at least the greater version of it to be good
  • Options
    nepiusnepius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With that lifedrinker enchantment, you could maybe gain life faster than you take damage. I'm almost at 60. I'll have to try it out with sly flourish. It should only take 7 to 10 secs to deal out 23 attacks for 100% health gain.
  • Options
    stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for this, good info. Can you list how much it will cost in USD somewhere towards the bottom, bolded and italicized so people aren't confused thinking these are obtainable without paying for the fusions?

Edit: That sounded trolly, swear that wasn't my intention this time. It's just not clearly stated by the game and normally comes as a huge shock to people when they find this out, as those enchants do look quite powerful.
  • Options
    aldemmaldemm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For the lightning enchant what does it mean by chaining? Like hitting other targets? I assume the greater ones do so looking at that description though.
  • Options
    smackzor123smackzor123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So Vorpal is bugged? Not working ?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Added the second tier version of Negation (its the only one i have made).

You earn these with out spending any money though it is kind of unreasonable at a 1% combine chance. The coalescence ward is sold in the Zen store, however, it is also a dropped in both the Enchantment pack and Rune pack from lockboxes. Due to this there are many on the AH between 50-75k AD. Given that it will take a while to get 4 of the same type that you want it is well within the normal AD gain of doing dailies. Even more so when you go for upgrading them to the second or third tier versions.
  • Options
    jcfisher3rdjcfisher3rd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unfortunately wards are probably going to only go up in price while in a month shopping for Tier 2 epics will be like going to the dollar store.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Unfortunately wards are probably going to only go up in price while in a month shopping for Tier 2 epics will be like going to the dollar store.

Yeah i can see that as a very likely outcome. The T1 arms for a cleric are already down to 50ish k AD. With some of us already in T3+ gear and a gear score over 10k the only thing left to improve your character is Enchants.
  • Options
    monstacaddymonstacaddy Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hi i have three (Purple) Lesser Plague Fire enchants but can not seam to equip the any idear why
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i have three (Purple) Lesser Plague Fire enchants but an not put them on my weapon any idear why
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Without knowing exactly what item you are trying to enchant i cant give specific advice.

However, here is some general advice, both weapons and armor can have a specific slot dedicated to a specific type of enchant; weapon enchantment or armor enchantment, Not all weapons will have the weapon enchantment slot and not all armor with have the armor enchantment slot. (its kind of pink/purple box on either the weapon or armor).

If you open the enchanting window for the item you want to enchant and click the option next to the enchantment slot it should give you a list of possible enchants that can go in that type of slot. It pulls this list from your bank and your inventory. So if you do not have the correct type it will not come up on the list.

My best guess is that you might be trying to slot a weapon enchantment into either an offense slot, utility slot or defense slot and not the required weapon enchantment slot. This or either the weapon is bugged/ enchantment is bugged.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ahhhhh im a lvl 34 thief i have only had weapons with offense slots so that makes sence iv not had a weapon yet with the right slot thx dude
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Np, it's mostly why I made this guide. The enchantment system is not covered very well by the game or the wiki. Once you hit level cap and start working your way through dungeon tiers it becomes a really big part of your character. Going from a few un-slotted/ R1-3 enchantments to r6+ can equal 100's of gear score which helps to unlock the next tier of dungeons.
  • Options
    kharnagexkharnagex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    its nice, i guess if you have a nice trust fund to pay for these things lolz, but 10 bucks a pop....seems a bit overpriced to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Depends on how much you play really. I sell epics on the AH, buy keys, unlock chest, then sell most of what i get from them. I combine the enchantments/ runes until at least R5 using the wards from the boxes (sometimes i get lucky and can get them to R7). I have sold a few nightmares/ fire birds and many blue/ purple profession assets. I also buy things off the AH from people that just want to get rid of items and put them back up for sell at a higher price but still lower than most of the same items currently still there. Granted this was all started from my 2 million founder AD, but the principle is still the same. You do not need to pay if you spend the extra time it takes to use the F2P systems.

Sure it would be nice if the system was more forgiving and a lot less forced. But at a certain point you really do start to pile up good epics that you only need for the AH to AD trade conversion.
  • Options
    kharnagexkharnagex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    voidronin wrote: »
    Depends on how much you play really. I sell epics on the AH, buy keys, unlock chest, then sell most of what i get from them. I combine the enchantments/ runes until at least R5 using the wards from the boxes (sometimes i get lucky and can get them to R7). I have sold a few nightmares/ fire birds and many blue/ purple profession assets. I also buy things off the AH from people that just want to get rid of items and put them back up for sell at a higher price but still lower than most of the same items currently still there. Granted this was all started from my 2 million founder AD, but the principle is still the same. You do not need to pay if you spend the extra time it takes to use the F2P systems.

Sure it would be nice if the system was more forgiving and a lot less forced. But at a certain point you really do start to pile up good epics that you only need for the AH to AD trade conversion.

for now but this game isn't the hardest in the world to figure out soon epics are gonna cost nothing to sell, and the prices of the armor/weapon enchantments will only slightly on the AH. one 10 dollar ward seems oh a little obvious for a cash there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    x0y1x0y1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    FYI I did run a combat parser through a 2 min target dummy practice with a CW.

nw_enchant_dpsmbuid.jpg

Enchantment is from the nightmare lockbox. Big picture control mage, small picture lvl 30 direwolf companion.

In short, very very minor dps increase, however the debuf looks good, if it works. :p
  • Options
    stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ACT has a plugin for NW?
  • Options
    x0y1x0y1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ACT has a plugin for NW?

Yes, theoretical you can use the Star Trek Online plugin but you will get some false data. You can change it, or try the beta one from a german guild: http://unique.enjin.com/forum/m/11985657/viewforum/2493047