What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So, how much have YOU spent so far?

Comments

• Options
    hmjemhmjem Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    $0. And I'll be done with this game when I hit max level. So I'll get out of the game without wasting a dime.
  • Options
    hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bobzebrick wrote: »
    Oh sorry I didn't realise only PvP can be pay to win... please. PvE can be pay to win too believe it or not.
    Enlighten me, then. There's no contest in PvE unless you play it that way.
    It's just because you are an ignorant walking wallet that developers and publishers continue either making half-assed games with stupidly priced cash shops or destroy good games with them, all the while treating you like a mug. But I guess there are enough people like you who have nothing better to do than spend 100s if not 1000s on pixels while defending the terrible power selling tactics for not being pay to win. Nice work fanboys enjoy your cash cow as it crashes and burns, with this business model they won't even get out the starter gate.
    Ignorant? Says the one that just went all argumentum ad hominem on me ;)
    GW, WoW, Eve pretty much any other MMO out there offers a better and more fulfilling and complete gaming experience at much better value for money.
    So go play them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • Options
    quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nada. I'm having fun leveling, but based on what I've seen of the end-game, I doubt I'll be sticking around, and thus won't be paying anything. Way too much pay-to-win (seriously, 1% chance of success without a cash-shop ward?), and from what I've heard, not enough interesting Raid-style content, just same boss+adds design for every end fight.

It's a shame because the core gameplay is very good.
  • Options
    topcattixtopcattix Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would more then happily spend large amount of money if there was any sense in the prices.
  • Options
    wolonggongwolonggong Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    iamphaus wrote: »
    What have YOU spent?

WTB RACE CHANGE TOKEN (surprised there isn't already one implemented)

ZERO

And it will stay that way as long as these crazy prices remain. If they do remain, I will just move on to another game where the company is far less greedy.

Yes I said greedy. Every company needs money to survive but the ones that do survive more than barely are those that see reality and price their products accordingly.
  • Options
    bpphantombpphantom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I bought my $60 pack. That's it so far. I'm sure I'll spend some here and there as time goes on, but it hasn't even been a month yet.
    - bpphantom

Grace, Tiefling Devoted Cleric

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman."
  • Options
    theaszuretheaszure Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a generious friend that donated me the 60 pack he bought the 200 pack himself, I plan on spending 10 a month on ZEN just like i would spend 13 a month on sub based mmo's.
    [XBOX] - Malvious - Oathbound Paladin
  • Options
    stsimeonstsimeon Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Zero not a dime
  • Options
    hjilk0hjilk0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i haven't had to spend any yet. farmed dungeons and pvp and sold a lot of gear to buy a lot of the "extras" with AD. I may buy more character slots in the future but for now i am working on getting my main to 10k gs.
  • Options
    sargassargas Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    None. The pricing structure, items required, and shameless gouging disgust me. I'd rather pay 60 bucks plus 15 a month for a full, complete game - and have many, many times since EQ1 - than be nickel and dimed for every little thing in a thinly veiled attempt to get suckers to pay more through multiple smaller transactions.

So, it'll take me a little longer to get to the end and I won' have a fiery horse that's rarity will become commonplace within a month. Fine with me.

We downloaded the game for free and we get to play it for totally free. Yep we are suckers.
  • Options
    trixiefantrixiefan Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It delete post.
  • Options
    redstorm55redstorm55 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    $60 bucks here and worth it...
  • Options
    am0nr3xam0nr3x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    $0.

The same amount I will always spend, unless Cryptic gets their Zen prices under control.
  • Options
    maximumsquidmaximumsquid Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I always hold free games to their word and play for free
  • Options
    lageralelagerale Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Haven't spent a dime and not sure I will. Seems pretty fun so far, but honestly this has to be the biggest money grabbing game I've seen so far. If I did it would just be to unlock character slots to check them out without deleting previous characters.
  • Options
    kukagenkykukagenky Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Zero zip nothing lol the games better when you don't get cash involved
    neverwinter: PEINEXDEM(warlock)31*----PEINEX(trickster rouge)70
    ethersaga: PEINEXDEM(yaoh conjurer)75*
    http://www.youtube.com/c/ridingwithwolftvv
    I used to be an adventure like you until I took a dagger to the chest
  • Options
    bman1978bman1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    $250. founders pack for 200 and 50 for Zen. I make a good amount of money so it wasn't a huge deal to me.
    valor.png
    Moonshadow Drow Cleric, Mr. Pickles Human Control Wizard, Ogre Hafling Guardian Fighter
    On Dragon Shard @bman78
  • Options
    valtrayvaltray Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    my wallet is dusty
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    You can see it here: https://billing.perfectworld.com/charge (costs depend on how many you buy, roughly it is $10 for 1000 Zen).

That's only if you enter your CC information. To me, that link takes me to a page that asks me to enter all of that information without telling me what I am buying until after I do.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lagerale wrote: »
    Haven't spent a dime and not sure I will. Seems pretty fun so far, but honestly this has to be the biggest money grabbing game I've seen so far. If I did it would just be to unlock character slots to check them out without deleting previous characters.

Make a new account for free. Two more character slots at no charge. There isn't really any benefit to keeping all characters on one account unless you plan to drop $20-$40 to buy mounts, as they are the only purchase that is account wide.
  • Options
    meager44meager44 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    20 bucks. Bought some keys, a character slot ( 2 for five ). Made a bit of AD with the Idols that drop from the nightmare chest. About 100k. Good investment for now. Might drop another 20 in a few weeks. :)
  • Options
    graebeerdgraebeerd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    me and wife play

$200 Hero pack
    $200 Hero pack
    $60 Guardian pack
    $60 Guardian pack
    $180 Zen
    edited May 2013
    Not a single dime. I'd buy a bunch of things if they were only customization and cheap. Like appearances for equipment, ect. But so far what I've seen is just a very subtle "pay to win" cash shop witch has such insane individual prices it feels like buying another game entirely, so Im not participating. I rather keep using my money for customization on other FTP games I play, until my character becomes completely useless at the endgame due to my lack of "winning" purchases. Make another character with a different class. Its going to be fun. :)
  • Options
    jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    60 for Guardian pack. Nothing further. Likely nothing else ever unless things change.
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
  • Options
    dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Update

2 Guardian packs

200+ in zen

Armoured Bear the best 40 bucks i ever spent.
  • Options
    muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A big fat Zero; I don't pay for games in Beta, or soft launch, or whatever it's being called. If I still feel like playing once it officially goes live, I might drop a few Shekels.
  • Options
    infestedchris12infestedchris12 Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    5$, I wanted more character slots. Will spend another 10 on my respec soon as I am 60.
  • Options
    morbidthought666morbidthought666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    Came to try the game, it was fun, I contributed $60. Less of a waste than that tv game I think.
  • Options
    lymprechtlymprecht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    Haven't spent a dime yet, unlike a friend of mine who's spent an ungodly amount on keys. Seriously, it's like a gambling addiction, it's scary. I thought they may not make much money with this pay model, with the prices for everything being so high but I imagine they're making a killing on those enchanted keys. Insane.
  • Options
    ipyr0ipyr0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    $200 #checkdattitle