test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thanks to Cryptic i despise PVP now.

kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 160 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
As a GWF my experience is something like this at lvl 33.

1.) Enter Arena
2.) Check Enemy team
3.) 3 rogues + 2 clerics
4.) Spend another 20 to 30 mins being knock backed and silenced and insta kills by rogues.
5.) Stare at screen helplessly looking at the timer so that you can get out of the match asap.

Every now and then you meet an odd team which doesn't have this set up.

I am wearing a plate armor for God sakes and not wrapped around in a newspaper. A class like rogue shouldn't be able to just silence a heavy armor class and drop it in few seconds.

Why developers keep repeating the same mistake over and over and over again in every MMO? now i didn't expect too much out of the PVP but it is really disappointing to see same pattern being repeated in a 2013 MMORPG.

I limited myself to one pvp match a day now just to complete daily and washing my hands off PVP till they don't make heavy armor classes completely useless in front of rogues.

I feel like a complete mockery as a heavy armored class who spends majority of time being pushed back, knocked, silenced and then killed by rogues in matter of seconds while i stare at the screen helplessly.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by kaltoum on

Comments

• gwasgwas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    Right click your portrait and leave party, then uninstall.
    Nessa@gwas - 10,500 Gearscore Control Wizard on Dragon Shard.
    4/4 Castle Never legit. 4/4 Shadow Weaver set. 1/2 Ancient Court Magister.
  • stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm trying to keep a thread going of PvP issues, put them in here and let the thread grow and maybe someone will take notice.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?203002-PvP-is-Extremely-Boken
  • stormshadow73stormshadow73 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The game is still in beta and is free to play. What do you expect? Balancing hasn't happened yet.
  • kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gwas wrote: »

Umm why would i un install? PVE is still loads of fun. I am just disappointed to see the same mistakes being repeated yet again in Neverwinter when it comes to PVP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited May 2013
    Really they need to make it where team match up are balanced class wise for PvP IE a team with 3 rogues +2 cleric will be match only against 3 rogues and 2 clerics etc.
  • atlantix1atlantix1 Member Posts: 74
    edited May 2013

hehe

OP doesn't need to uninstall the game, he needs to learn 2 play his class..
    Every class has strengths and weaknesses
    if OP dies to rogues in matter of seconds maybe OP should find better gear for his warrior
    geared rogue obviously can kill ungeared warrior in matter of seconds.. it doesnt matter which dps class any dps class with decent gear can kill any otther class who has no gear
  • azhrarn80azhrarn80 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I expect that next months there will be similar posts like yours saying "PVP WARLOCK/RANGER/ROGUES SHOULDN'T DO THIS".
    Rogue is a striker class and should do the best single target DPS, if something is to blame, blame the pairing system for PvP. If it pairs groups with a good match of classes it will be much better. The pairing system shouldn't put 3 rogues in a party. But still, there cna be pre-made guildgroups like that.
    ~Blood Always Spills~
    edited May 2013
    atlantix1 wrote: »
    hehe

OP doesn't need to uninstall the game, he needs to learn 2 play his class..
    Every class has strengths and weaknesses
    if OP dies to rogues in matter of seconds maybe OP should find better gear for his warrior
    geared rogue obviously can kill ungeared warrior in matter of seconds.. it doesnt matter which dps class any dps class with decent gear can kill any otther class who has no gear

I have mixture of blues and few greens for my level. So i doubt it is just gear issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xasthur502xasthur502 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've had very little trouble with TR's unless they decide to be tactical and pretty much target me constantly. You just have to know how to play your class, time your dodges and read up on other classes to get some sort of warning as to what they can do. As a cleric I know I can't nuke anything down but I know I can stay alive long enough to help other people do it which I find satisfying.
  • hopeless2hopeless2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 73
    edited May 2013
    kaltoum wrote: »

1.) Enter Arena
    2.) Check Enemy team
    3.) 3 rogues + 2 clerics
    4.) Spend another 20 to 30 mins being knock backed and silenced and insta kills by rogues.
    5.) Stare at screen helplessly looking at the timer so that you can get out of the match asap.

I am wearing a plate armor for God sakes and not wrapped around in a newspaper. A class like rogue shouldn't be able to just silence a heavy armor class and drop it in few seconds.

Why developers keep repeating the same mistake over and over and over again in every MMO? now i didn't expect too much out of the PVP but it is really disappointing to see same pattern being repeated in a 2013 MMORPG.

I limited myself to one pvp match a day now just to complete daily and washing my hands off PVP till they don't make heavy armor classes completely useless in front of rogues.

I feel like a complete mockery as a heavy armored class who spends majority of time being pushed back, knocked, silenced and then killed by rogues in matter of seconds while i stare at the screen helplessly.

You're actually wearing Scale not plate. Also get to level 60 and GWF is A LOT stronger. Especially with crescendo.
  • viocheeviochee Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xasthur502 wrote: »
    I've had very little trouble with TR's unless they decide to be tactical and pretty much target me constantly. You just have to know how to play your class, time your dodges and read up on other classes to get some sort of warning as to what they can do. As a cleric I know I can't nuke anything down but I know I can stay alive long enough to help other people do it which I find satisfying.

fun fact, clerics in healing talents does more "nuke damage" then a GWF, try to play a gwf and come back and say l2p
  • atlantix1atlantix1 Member Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    I have mixture of blues and few greens for my level. So i doubt it is just gear issue.

than you shouldn't think lvl XY blue is gonna do anything good when there are poeple with lvl X9 gear
    game might make you X9 level when you enter pvp but even 1 level makes too much difference when it comes to gear n feats

x = 1, 2, 3 , 4, 5
    y = 1, 2, 3 , 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 , 9 , 0
  • viocheeviochee Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013

1.) Enter Arena
    2.) Check Enemy team
    3.) 3 rogues + 2 clerics

there is no point in playing GWF, reroll and have fun with the game.
  • arktourosxarktourosx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Wait till you find out you need 4 maps for the daily at 60 :)
    nwsignature.jpg
  • robman1978robman1978 Member Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

1.) Enter Arena
    2.) Check Enemy team
    3.) 3 rogues + 2 clerics

This argument is invalid and false, because you with that many Rogues, you wouldn't even be able to play. They would just keep making your game crash. No... I am not joking about that.
    Man I really hope Cryptic bans the aholes that are using that exploit.
  • karthanialkarthanial Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They should make 2 different PVP Queues ;

One with pre made teams and one solo queue

In the solo queue no more than 2 of each class.

But then again with my cleric i encountered rogues regurarly since they are the most played class i think now and they dont get me under 40 % hp since i always keep my gear updated to my level. And if you were in the early levels of 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x or 5x then it is only logical since the others are higher lvl and have better gear since everyone gets boosted to the 9th lvl of every ten.

A lvl 31 warrior with normal equips would most likely lose to a 39 rogue normal equipped. Best thing to do is pvp at 7-9th lvl of each ten with appropriate equips.
  • decubisdecubis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    I suggest get a Cleric buddy and camp mid that is what i do with my GF no TR can touch us.
    Greetings Decubis,
    image_160079_thumb_wide300.jpg
    Decubis: Dwarf Guardian Fighter: lvl 60
    Demic: Human Devoted Cleric: lvl 60
    Server: Beholder Guild: The Unnamed
  • gravityx19gravityx19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    I play a guardian fighter and I can 1v1 just about any class right now, and could do so even after just hitting the level 30 bracket. Once you learn what a class can do and what to watch out for, it becomes a simple bait and pwn style of play. Make them use their big abilities on nothing and then hammer them into the ground.
    Griff Hawk - Hybrid GF - Beholder Shard
    Griffeth - GW Fighter - Beholder Shard
    Twitch - WoW and NWO Gameplay - YouTube Channel
    GF/GWF Gameplay Highlights/Dungeon Runs
  • asdfqwertysasdfqwertys Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hopeless2 wrote: »
    You're actually wearing Scale not plate. Also get to level 60 and GWF is A LOT stronger. Especially with crescendo.

Bahahah.

You mean the those free kill moving people?

GWF''s need to reroll asap..If you read this and have one and want to play START ANOTHER CLASS.

As a wizard they are a complete joke to kill apart from maybe 1 annoying ability they have that does some sort of stun and hits from many sides illusion like that can actually damage me, the rest i can dodge and simply kill them..And if my daily is up..Yeap good luck.
  • darksideburgodarksideburgo Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PVP is fine, at 60, and geared, things are not insanely broken, albeit some balancing is in order. Other things to consider why you are getting owned.

1) You may be just bad at PVP
    2) your level, brackets are every 10 levels, even with decent gear, if you enter at 32, you could be playing against a 39. Yes it scales levels, but they obviously have access to higher gear, if they have blue weapons, that is a potential HUGE extra top end damage, and thus will kill lowbies in the bracket very easily.
    3) GWF are pretty gear dependant. They dont suck, they just need gear, get to max level and gear up before complaining about something being broken when its not.

Yes a rogue with its daily skill up can 2 shot people, but without the daily up they are not nearly as powerful as CW's. Ive seen every class doing well at 60 once geared and not playing like an idiot running in 1v5. Gear up, learn your class, learn the game. Its that simple. As I said, some balancing is in order, but its not insanely broken. Other than smoke bomb crashing enemies out of the game. That is pretty broken.....
  • skydiversrskydiversr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the state of pvp now i think is not even fun.
    1. you can not kick afkers
    2.you can not get new people if people leave or go offline so u stack with 5 vs 2. ya ppl gonan say find group to play with.. bla bla
    3. pug Vs pre-mades
    4.what do pvp for? if most classes get better gear from pve;) so what the progress in pvp? now you gonna say "fun"
    5. letancy issue's Eu Vs US.
  • afkztvafkztv Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    honestly level to 60 before every judging your class the amount of posts crying over how the game is at lower levels doesn't matter you will spend most your time at 60 once u get over this very small hurdle, and GWF are fine at that level. They can do a lot of dps they have great mobility long cc immune that if build correctly can be used very often.
    edited May 2013
    PVP is fine, at 60, and geared, things are not insanely broken, albeit some balancing is in order. Other things to consider why you are getting owned.

1) You may be just bad at PVP
    2) your level, brackets are every 10 levels, even with decent gear, if you enter at 32, you could be playing against a 39. Yes it scales levels, but they obviously have access to higher gear, if they have blue weapons, that is a potential HUGE extra top end damage, and thus will kill lowbies in the bracket very easily.
    3) GWF are pretty gear dependant. They dont suck, they just need gear, get to max level and gear up before complaining about something being broken when its not.

Yes a rogue with its daily skill up can 2 shot people, but without the daily up they are not nearly as powerful as CW's. Ive seen every class doing well at 60 once geared and not playing like an idiot running in 1v5. Gear up, learn your class, learn the game. Its that simple. As I said, some balancing is in order, but its not insanely broken. Other than smoke bomb crashing enemies out of the game. That is pretty broken.....

So your suggestion is to avoid PVP all the way to 60? is that your way of telling us that GWF is fine and nothing wrong with it? because it seems quite the opposite if you have to wait till 60 to get into the PVP while other classes get into it right off the bat.
    afkztv wrote: »
    honestly level to 60 before every judging your class the amount of posts crying over how the game is at lower levels doesn't matter you will spend most your time at 60 once u get over this very small hurdle, and GWF are fine at that level. They can do a lot of dps they have great mobility long cc immune that if build correctly can be used very often.

Saying the game doesn't even matter at lower levels doesn't help the situation when leveling is an integral part of MMOS. One shouldn't have to wait to to get to some specific artificial cap before starting to have fun. Why not use same logic with other classes? well you can not because you can just face roll with those classes from the get go.

I doubt you even play GWF and just read 'GWF rocks at 60' on these forums and just parroting it over here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rahama2forumrahama2forum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    gravityx19 wrote: »
    I play a guardian fighter and I can 1v1 just about any class right now, and could do so even after just hitting the level 30 bracket. Once you learn what a class can do and what to watch out for, it becomes a simple bait and pwn style of play. Make them use their big abilities on nothing and then hammer them into the ground.
    Level 30...suddenly your post is irrelevant.
  • v1510n5v1510n5 Member Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    ::yawn::

Another day, another scrub makes another QQ thread about rogues.

Mods: why do you allow these threads? They're not constructive in any way shape or form.

OP you need to L2P your class. A good GF will have no trouble with rogues. You're just bad.
  • trequeltrequel Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fortunately that daily PvP match quest doesn't require winning, because PvP in Neverwinter is about as fun as it is in WoW i.e. not fun at all.
    edited May 2013
    trequel wrote: »
    Fortunately that daily PvP match quest doesn't require winning, because PvP in Neverwinter is about as fun as it is in WoW i.e. not fun at all.

I guess you just don't like PvP. I'm having a blast with PvP in this game. PvP was also the sole reason I played WoW.

What game has "good" PvP in your opinion then?
    edited May 2013
    v1510n5 wrote: »
    ::yawn::

Another day, another scrub makes another QQ thread about rogues.

Mods: why do you allow these threads? They're not constructive in any way shape or form.

OP you need to L2P your class. A good GF will have no trouble with rogues. You're just bad.

When you called my post non constructive and then went on to type words like 'scrubs' and 'l2P'. I thought 'hey if irony was a bus and hit him in his face he still wouldn't recognize it'.

Learn to write a coherent sentence first..something that actually makes sense if you want to appear as someone with constructive opinion. What kind of grown man talks that way anyways?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tallisitallisi Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Wauw, how rude.

Let me guess... you play a Rogue?
    edited May 2013
    When you called my post non constructive and then went on to type words like 'scrubs' and 'l2P'. I thought 'hey if irony was a bus and hit him in his face he still wouldn't recognize it'.

Learn to write a coherent sentence first..something that actually makes sense if you want to appear as someone with constructive opinion. What kind of grown man talks that way anyways?

My good man. It appears as though I have offended you...

Although one might argue that by posting such a thread you were, in essence, "asking for it".

Allow me reiterate my point in more verbose manner, if it please you:

I firmly believe that you need to improve your knowledge of the game and your skill as a player instead of whining incessantly about other classes. You see, Guardian Fighters are quite capable of taking on Trickster Rogues in player-versus-player engagements. I have personally been on the receiving end of many a skillful Guardian Fighter's wrath and, I can assure you, they are not "easy pickings".

In short: L2P.

I wish you the best of luck in your endeavour to improve as a player.

Sincerely,

-Visions